Official Q&A Thread for April 20th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come in-game emails from quest completions disappear after a while with no way to save them? FYI, I'm not asking about GTN notices or the emails or the various system welcome messages with our Founders title, etc.

Corollary: How come there isn't a "completed quests" log?

I find it very immersion breaking to have to manually type my character's history on another PC as it happens.

Has any thought been given to perhaps merging servers strictly for the purpose of Warzones? On my server, there is very little (if any) PvP later in the night, I feel this would not be as significant if the player pool were merged...

With the Empire normally outnumbering the Republic on most servers, are there any thoughts on faction changes? It seems that if the legacy systems allows Sith to be Jedi it could be possible that an assassin could decide to leave the empire for the republic (and become a shadow instead).

- Doc

I have come to a point in the game where I have Columi/Rakata Gear and also almost full Battlemaster gear for PvP. You have probably guessed that I am also creating a big stack of commendations. Ranging from Tionese (and crystals), Columi, Centurion, Campion and also daily commendations.

Giving that all my companions are also well geared as I am. What I would like to know is, as these commendations are mostly useless to my main character now. Will there be a system put into place that I can give these commendations to an alternative character, so I can gear them up faster?

Energy Regen for Smugs and IAs.

Currently it goes like this

at 1/4 bars you recover 2 energy/s

at 2/4 bars you recover 3 energy/s

at 3/4 bars you recover 3 energy/s

at 4/4 bars you recover 5 energy/s

Why not 4 energy/s at 3/4 bars? Is this a bug or working as intended?

Simply are there any plans to improve lightside vs darkside alignment rewards? I've suggested interchangeable casts/abilities with mirror class based on different ranks. Could you comment on how that may or may not work?

E.g. To explain a little further, lets say that at a rank of dark I, a jedi sage would get to swap telekentic throw for sith sorc force lightning (each rank might unlock one more optionally swappable abilities up to light/dark 5, strictly between mirror abilities/classes). I would love to see something along those lines to make dark jedi / moral sith have a more authentic lightside vs darkside experience!!! It would really add to depth, immersion, customization, and authenticity of each characters experience.

You responded to a question about dps output of smugglers/operatives as being "closer to target" in 1.2....what exactly is this target? What is this target relative to the other melee classes targets in this game? Is our target intended to be lower than the other melee classes? Honestly this seems to be what you are trying to say (without just coming out and saying it).

There was already a statement made by BW that we were within 5% of marauder dps, but then the 1.2 notes were made available and we were nerfed by approximately 10% while marauders were buffed. The only possible thing that can happen with this pre-existing discrepancy..compounded by added disparity in 1.2..is to widen the gap between marauder and scoundrel/operative dps. Are we missing something that explains this? If so, please enlighten us.

When will World PvP or Warzone PvP have incentive in this game? By incentives I mean something like:

-New merchants (Providing exotic schematics or rare crafting materials)

-New planet (full of resources or more daily missions)

-Something close to DaoC's Realm point system

-Some sort of relics to be captured to grant a Faction wide bonus. IE: Force/Tech damage increase or Defense increase.

Understandably your future 1.2 patch will give ratings, which in my opinion isn't PvP incentive so much as it is incentive for people to refuse to que with randoms. Not to mention it mirrors World of Failcraft's joke of a PvP incentive.

Your Ilum project, as we all know, has failed miserably, and your valor system obviously didn't work as intended since it was never a measurement of skill or status.

I know you guys produced Warhammer and a lot of what I've seen in Ilum has closely mirrored what happened in that game and even took out some the negativity of city raiding / promoting population imbalance.

However, I've still never seen a reason for PvP oriented players to play this game passed the release of GuildWars 2, or even Secret World for that matter.

Is there anyway anyone can give us a timeline or some sort of spoiler to keep the subscriptions active?

Much Love,

Null'Values

PS: Please stop choosing to answer questions that most of these posters can find in Patch notes or Google searches.

PS: Please stop choosing to answer questions that most of these posters can find in Patch notes or Google searches.

When can we expect to see new playable species, such as Cathar, Togruta, and the like, that DO currently work with the 8 storylines in TOR?

Right now classes seemed to be pigeonholed into always using a particular companion that best suits their personal playstyle, while the rest are consistantly stuck on the ship. Are there any plans to increase the viability and screentime of the benchwarming companions, as well as expanding the affection system beyond the gift system?

When will we be able to purchase account specific items (e.g., more character slots on servers, legacy name changes etc.)?

I have used up all 8 character slots on one server and would like to be able to purchase more slots there to make more characters within the same legacy. I also wish to be able to change my legacy name ever-so-slightly so make it look better, which customer services have told me to wait for.

Please can you provide a firm update on this?

Edited by llesna

Is the gear color changing bug being fix this patch? It's very frustrating to put on a red color piece of gear only to be shown pink on your character. This bug seems to only affect players with very light skin colors. It's just odd that the color of your gear would change based on your character's skin color.

I was wondering if you'll be adding more customization options to character creation, such as hair styles, tattoos, or even a new body type.

For hair growing species I'd like to see on females mid to lower back length hair styles, and on males a few more Qui Gon Jin oriented hair styles.

Bioware has been talking about features in 1.2 for AGES but seriously when is it going to be released? This game is getting very boring right now, and EA should be aware that another gaming company is releasing another "big hit game" in around a month time, so I seriously suggest EA releases the 1.2 patch and the promised server transfer ASAP or else risking the dramatic drop in subscribtions in swtor.