Official Q&A Thread for April 20th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if this has been asked already ...

But will Marauders be getting a PUSH/PULL ability?

reason: In PvP they are highly disadvantaged dps being both melee and having no cc/knockback/pull and in PVE they are disadvantaged as well while others might beable to pull forward or knockback to keep mobs at desired locations Marauders are not able to do this.

suggestion: Marauders should get force push like jugs get.

I talked to one of your CS reps yesterday in game, his name was John, about gear changing appearence based on the faction that you are playing as, will this ever get changed? As i would very much like for example a mandalorian chest piece for my trooper and sith warrior gear for my Jedi Knight companion Lord Scourge.

Are you guys working on AoE hit detection in PvP?

What I mean is, if a Sith Warrior uses smash, when chasing a target down it will miss 99% of the time. (Even though you are literally on top of the target). Smash is like the main ability of Rage warriors, and when it misses because of bad hit detection/server lag it makes me... well uh, rage.

If I delete a Character with Legacy Unlocks do I lose those unlocks IE. I have a Human Female Sniper at Level 50 with Chapter 3 Completed if I delete that Character (post 1.2) will I lose the race unlock, Class emote, and Heroic Ability. Edited by TheCritter

Has there been any thought to having community input into gear design via a Fan art contest or the like? I know alot of people are extremely dissatisfied with some of the up coming looks ( IE smuggler's beer helmet ) and theres a huge untapped potential within the community for sure.

This is less a question and more a request: Bioware, please dedicate a blog post - not a Q&A - to outlining and discussing your visions for each class. What are their intended strengths? Their weaknesses? Are these weaknesses soft (can be worked around with skill) or hard (is a mechanical restraint like resource)? What makes them unique and attractive over another alternative? What makes them less so? Is there a low skill floor (easy to learn) but high skill ceiling (hard to master)?

This information is absolutely necessary at this point. You as developers and we as players will never be on the same page if you have one set of facts and we have another. Please make these intentions clear, so we can work with you and not against you to achieve your vision for the game.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

I realy have no clue how hard or easy it would be to create a system; which would allow a player or a group of players to que for Flash Points or Operations.

From a GUI stand point it would not have to be very complex. Click the icon for FP que or the Button for OPs queing. Or maybe have one icon to que for both and let you choose a FP or Ops on the next screen.

Have some Icons for DPS, Healing, and Tanking. use the checkbox that applies to you (require a min average rating pls). Next it should keep the groups even in base classes. 8Man no more then 2 of any base class, unless they were joined as a team before queing (possible fix, only allow groups of 2 to que at a time).

I dont know about everyone else, but i can tell you from what I have seen, is that more HM FP gear drops are unusable by the party members/class build up.

A group matching system like this could really save people time and keep the game moving forward.

Will we ever get more weapon color choices for low levels? Specifically I'm wondering about purple, as there are tons of low-level enemies with it and it was shown used earlier in the progression videos, yet from what I hear it can't be acquired until much later in the game.

Thanks for your consideration. :-)

Is the current character creation as advanced as the developers initially wanted or are there plans for a (much needed) overhaul, both for current players and to attract new accounts?

For example, it would be more in line with current character creation standards to be able to adjust body/facial proportions instead of just choosing from a list.

The Legacy panel at the guild summit stated that players who wish to only focus on a single main character would not be placed at a disadvantage in the Legacy system.

So far the real character impacting abilities of other class buffs and combat skill still seem to only be available by leveling alts. Is this a reversal of what was stated at the guild summit or a feature that is not yet available to test in 1.2?

When do you plan to fix the Codex? Currently some entries (on the republic side at least) are unobtainable.

For that matter, a broader scope question would be, when do you plan to fix *insert bug that's been know about since release here*?

Are there any plans to create more "legging" options for Consulars and Inquisitors? Seeing as how Knights/Warriors can wear either, why can't the Consulars/Inquisitors as well? I, like many others, am tired of wearing a dress...

Crafting Diversity:

I have always wondered about a change you made in beta. Back in beta there was much more diversity among the professions. Cybertech for instance could craft non-force bracers/belts. That diversity required more trading as you could not acquire all the raw materials needed with just 3 professions.

Why did you go away from a crafting model that seemed to encourage more trading than the current one?