Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the truth people. I've been on 'The Fatman' since a month after launch. It's the busiest server around. It has more people in each of its leveling zones than most of your servers have in total.

Most servers (75%) are now unplayable status.

1.2 isn't ready yet. Transfers will not be ready for at least 1-2 months after that... if not longer.

So, you have two choices. Reroll on one of the 4-5 high pop servers (really there's only like 1-2 high pop servers in each region) and transfer your current characters over in a few months when it's ready.

Or, do what 60+% of the population have done (like me) and unsub. Or do you REALLY think all those people that left your servers rerolled. LOL, of course they didn't.

Go play then, and dont post/read this then...

I am playing, just hit valor rank 59.

Good for you but theire are a lot of people having the prob if you dont have it well good for you but that does not solve the prob for most of us

This problem is smaller then your willing to admit and the solve for your problem is in the works and complaining about it is pointless and wont make it come any faster.

Privilege are you kidding me , you clearly have not cleu how the world works do you

If you think your paying for anything else, your the one without the clue.

Edited by BlackZoback

Here's the truth people. I've been on 'The Fatman' since a month after launch. It's the busiest server around. It has more people in each of its leveling zones than most of your servers have in total.

Most servers (75%) are now unplayable status.

1.2 isn't ready yet. Transfers will not be ready for at least 1-2 months after that... if not longer.

So, you have two choices. Reroll on one of the 4-5 high pop servers (really there's only like 1-2 high pop servers in each region) and transfer your current characters over in a few months when it's ready.

Or, do what 60+% of the population have done (like me) and unsub. Or do you REALLY think all those people that left your servers rerolled. LOL, of course they didn't.

People have been screaming mass exodus since launch

I laugh every time BioWare proves them wrong.

78 Players on Fleet at prime time, Imperial Faction - which has a lot more players than alliance. Auction House as good as dead for many classes.

Once the 2nd or 3rd biggest EU pvp server probably, from very high down to standard.

Seems like the 1.7 Million subscriber are on vacation right now

Edited by BobaFurz

Less and less people are logging in. During first few weeks of launch Fleet used to be 300+, that eventually dropped down to 200+ then 150+. In recent weeks i have not seen the fleet with more than 100+. Server is "The Crucible Pits".....

WZ's pops are getting longer in between....PLEASE FIX THIS! Either merge servers or cross realm pvp/pve lfg system.

People have been screaming mass exodus since launch

I laugh every time BioWare proves them wrong.

What have they proved?

The game REQUIRED everyone to buy at least two months of time to get your free month. So everyone that bought the game on launch is about to expire or has already. People like me who bought in January still have some time left.

But here's the thing, just because some idiot exec at EA can say 'hey we have 1.7 million subscribers'... well that's not *quite* true. A lot of those subscribers are just like me, not playing the game anymore (ever, it's so terrible, I'm physically ill at how bad Bioware hurt me with this). This game is nothing but a stinking, rotting husk just waiting for the time-bomb of all those cancelled subs to hit.

You simply cannot argue that servers are not dying left and right. THIS IS THE 3RD TIME THIS THREAD HAS GONE PAST 1000 PAGES AND BEEN REMADE. There has been people posting constantly about less than 10-15 people on fleet during primetime, dead GTNs, inability to find groups, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Please stop lying to people and saying everything is fine.

I'll say this again for anyone on a dead server who might be reading this. Transfer are not coming any time soon (1-2 months MINIMUM people). The population on your server is not getting better. There isn't going to be some magical flood of people saving your when 1.2 is released. Reroll now or quit. Stop being robbed by Bioware and wasting your time spamming LFG to a dead chat channel like it's 2000.

What have they proved?

The game REQUIRED everyone to buy at least two months of time to get your free month. So everyone that bought the game on launch is about to expire or has already. People like me who bought in January still have some time left.

WAT?

I didn't have to buy 2 months worth of game time. I put in my credit card infoz to get the account set up and then immediately turned off auto sub.

WAT?

I didn't have to buy 2 months worth of game time. I put in my credit card infoz to get the account set up and then immediately turned off auto sub.

Excuse me... you don't HAVE to. I meant they sold that 2 month gamecard as a package for people buying online (which a lot did). All of those people that bought on launch should have expired or soon will. I bought in in January or so and still have time left on it even though I am technically still a 'subscriber'.

That was my point. Just because the EA exec says they have 1.7 million subs. They really don't because I've played maybe 2 hours in the past month and never will again.

Edited by sctechie

Less and less people are logging in. During first few weeks of launch Fleet used to be 300+, that eventually dropped down to 200+ then 150+. In recent weeks i have not seen the fleet with more than 100+. Server is "The Crucible Pits".....

WZ's pops are getting longer in between....PLEASE FIX THIS! Either merge servers or cross realm pvp/pve lfg system.

Server activity fluxuates between patchs, normal thing to see.

Server activity fluxuates between patchs, normal thing to see.

Normal for WoW, isn't always normal for everyone.

Although people come back for big patches, that doesn't mean they stay.

Otherwise 1.4 in Warhammer Online would have meant WAR would still have 10+ servers.

Normal for WoW, isn't always normal for everyone.

Although people come back for big patches, that doesn't mean they stay.

Otherwise 1.4 in Warhammer Online would have meant WAR would still have 10+ servers.

Been playing MMOs for 15 years, and its normal for every one of them.

Been playing MMOs for 15 years, and its normal for every one of them.

Umm.. not normal out of the gates ... the population should be growing at this point which it isn't. Considering one of the keying selling features of this game is re-rolling and if people aren't doing that in large volumes .. this game will be in trouble.

Edited by Touchbass

Umm.. not normal out of the gates ... the population should be growing at this point which it isn't. Considering one of the keying selling features of this game is re-rolling and if people aren't doing that in large volumes .. this game will be in trouble.

That depends. WoW started with a very small sub (much less than SWTOR's 2 million). And they kept growing because they started low.

SWTOR started with a bang. Bioware panicked and opened up way too many servers than what was needed. So, now tons of people are getting frustrated because they are not in one of the top 4 high pop servers.

Yeah I'm not an alt kind of guy, so all these alt oriented changes and additions coming are really driving the final nails in the coffin for me.