Server population is dropping...

Miffy

You comment doesn't makes sense they guy is lamenting about the self entitled not wanting to take the time to make friends and you tell him to go play a single player game.

Obtuse much?

When someone is asking why make friends in an online game. Ill always point them in the direction to single player games.

I dont play games to make friends. But i do make friends in games which makes said game a much better experience. Its just sad seeing comments which seem deluded towards online gaming and the benifits of such.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When someone is asking why make friends in an online game. Ill always point them in the direction to single player games.

I dont play games to make friends. But i do make friends in games which makes said game a much better experience. Its just sad seeing comments which seem deluded towards online gaming and the benifits of such.

But you are taking your personal preference and making it a universal truth. Not to be harsh; but most people don't give two figs why you play and to them wanting to build community is anything but deluded.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

But you are taking your personal preference and making it a universal truth. Not to be harsh; but most people don't give two figs why you play and wanting to build community is anything but deluded.

Personal?

Oh you youngers. only caring about badge/ratio, easy do it all tools... Ya got me ;)

If he didnt give a fig. he wouldnt of asked..No?

Edited by DigitalPrime

Personal?

Oh you youngers. only caring about badge/ratio, easy do it all tools... Ya got me ;)

If he didnt give a fig. he wouldnt of asked..No?

Youngers? :rolleyes:

I probably have socks older than you as I have been gaming since the Apple II, also I'm not a fan of LFG tools but I'm less of a fan of Hardcores telling peopel to go play single player games.

Stop assuming

Stop acting so condescending you aren't impressing anyone.

You comment doesn't makes sense. The guy is lamenting about the self entitled not wanting to take the time to make friends and you tell him to go play a single player game.

Obtuse much?

No he isn't.. His actual question is at the bottom where he wrote

"This was from the previous thread that was locked. Just wanted to ask, why is it so important to make 'friends' that you will most likely never meet or know in person, through a computer game? "

Youngers? :rolleyes:

I probably have socks older than you as I have been gaming since the Apple II, also I'm not a fan of LFG tools but I'm less of a fan of Hardcores telling peopel to go play single player games.

Stop assuming

Stop acting so condescending you aren't impressing anyone.

Acorn, MSX, yadda yadda yadda.

Arh the old Apple II, better then an ID card lol

I do feel that the population on most servers is FAR too low.

I'm on Mind Trick. During early access we had around 40-45 minute queue wait times. Server pop was healthy and fun. My guild had 40 unique accounts (about what we wanted). Fleet would often avg 200 or so (as would starters and Coruscant). Most of the other worlds would have at least 40-50 people most of the time (til I hit Voss/Corellia but they still had 20+).

Now, 4 months in. The Rep Fleet during PEAK averages 60-80 people (what most planets averaged aside from starter/Coruscant which used to hit 200) and often drops below 20. Our guild has attritioned to 21 unique accounts (and we've recruited a few new people so we had about a 70% loss and MOST of those didn't quit the guild, they just never logged in again). Most planets, at best, have 20-30 people and the end-game ones are single digits to 20 tops.

We have gone from "Heavy" to "Standard" and still rank I think the 3rd most populated server on the East Coast?

We need three or four of the smaller servers merged into ours to bolster populations and I'm sure that we are not the only ones.

instant gratifaction
so now short queue suddenly clear dungeon for you and drop loot immediately

and if you gather party long enough you became "hardcore" and moar "skilled"

no

Edited by navarh

Welcome to online gaming.

For people like yourself. There is single player games!

But there is a difference. See I join an MMO, I will find what real life friends are playing it and join them. If by some very small chance none of my friends are players, I seek out a friendly guild to join and experience the content alongside whilst having some banter.

However, this is only my second priority. My main is to play the game and enjoy that. If I get along with those I group with then all the better, but I would rather see all the game content that I'm paying a monthly fee for, than simply just make friends to chat to whilst I try for hours to put together a group for a low level Flashpoint.

whilst I try for hours to put together a group for a low level Flashpoint.
several hour for group? that's normal because fast queue - "instant gratifaction" and it is pure evil, eazy moude

where i heard such stories…

aw, i know!

ask any old hag how u must walk to school

barefoot, 40km, in blizzard

if you don't, that is instant gratifaction, ez mode for youngsters

summer? still blizzard, scholl at 300m from your home? still 40km walk, barefoot

Edited by navarh

But there is a difference. See I join an MMO, I will find what real life friends are playing it and join them. If by some very small chance none of my friends are players, I seek out a friendly guild to join and experience the content alongside whilst having some banter.

However, this is only my second priority. My main is to play the game and enjoy that. If I get along with those I group with then all the better, but I would rather see all the game content that I'm paying a monthly fee for, than simply just make friends to chat to whilst I try for hours to put together a group for a low level Flashpoint.

Server merges!

several hour for group? that's normal because fast queue - "instant gratifaction" and it is pure evil, eazy moude

where i heard such stories…

aw, i know!

ask any old hag how u must walk to school

barefoot, 40km, in blizzard

if you don't, that is instant gratifaction, ez mode for youngsters

summer? still blizzard, scholl at 300m from your home? still 40km walk, barefoot

IS this some sort of too cool for school language? very hiphop, very indeed!

Which would be one solution yes, but something I think EA/Bioware are extremely reluctant to do because to them, it'd like admitting they aren't as popular as they're telling everyone.

Well they made a mistake IMO, by opening so many servers early on. It's almost unbelievable that people who are professionals in this business didn't know that they will NEVER have as many people online as they had on day one(or first few days for that matter, especially since those were holidays in entire world).

Well they made a mistake IMO, by opening so many servers early on. It's almost unbelievable that people who are professionals in this business didn't know that they will NEVER have as many people online as they had on day one(or first few days for that matter, especially since those were holidays in entire world).

They were too optimistic that those servers would all fill up. Reality showed otherwise.

These are the same professionals who didn't know whether the game already had a Readycheck feature and actually said "People have positive opinions on the game, even those that quit!".

Yeah...

It's common sense though. How can they have nearly as many servers as another company with 6 times their subscription numbers?

Remember the wait times at launch trying to log in? If they didn't have all those servers teh wait times would have been WAY worse. They needed all those servers to handle the influx of the launch population.

What they need to realize is that after the launch the "nomad" mmoers would move on and those that ended up not liking the game would also leave, leaving the real population spread out amongst the gazillion servers. My server "Vulknar Highway" is becoming a ghost town... many have rerolled on Fatman because it's the only Heavy Server during EST peak times. I do not wish to reroll, nor my friends so we are waiting for transfers / mergers.

MERGE NOW BIOWARE!

I just wanted to add that I support the OP on this now mega thread.

If you cut all the argueing and trolling out, the core issues here are very real.

This game, played on a low populated server, does not provide a quality experience.

Because of the game structure it's a very complicated issue to fix. Nobody wants to reroll, server merges are touchy from a variety of reasons, "cross server" fixes do not adress all issues (poor economy, community, etc).

Putting all of the challenges aside, a combination of server merges (to balance populations the best they can), and some other solutions (cross server etc), would be best.

Bottom line is. I really enjoy this game. I want to play it for a long time and I want it to succeed. Re rolling for me is not an option, I'd even pay for character transfers at this point. However, if something isn't done I just cannot continue to play this game. I'd really prefer it didn't come to that.

Actually, the mistake they made was listening to thousands upon thousands upon thousands of whine posts about the first couple of weeks' wait times. This was bound to happen. They should have let people wait instead of opening a gajillion servers.

That, and get rid of the instancing system. But I suspect they haven't because the engine has problems dealing with all the players at once.

They really need to merge servers now. I've been in Taris the last couple of days, and the place is a ghost town. Lots of HC4 quests and nobody to do them with on my server.

Agreed: merge the servers! I am on a "standard" server that is a ghost town and that just isn't fun. The game would be awesome if there was some population density. What are you thinking by having so many servers empty??? You are losing players for that one reason, and it is a big one.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! Swallow your pride a little EA/BW and MERGE THE SERVERS!!

It is getting ridiculous trying to get any kind of FP or Ops going (Vornskr). And this is one of the "better" servers!! Please help the player population out or just lose more players like you have been.

Remember the wait times at launch trying to log in? If they didn't have all those servers teh wait times would have been WAY worse. They needed all those servers to handle the influx of the launch population.

No, they didn't need all those servers because some of them never filled up above light or standard. In every game there's always going to be a few servers which are going to be more high populated than the rest. What they should've done is add a few servers and then add a few more on daily basis if needed and not "BAM here's 150 new servers in one go". Every MMO has done the same mistake before this one (although this added even more new servers than any preceeding game) and they didn't learn anything from those obvious past mistakes those other games did.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! Swallow your pride a little EA/BW and MERGE THE SERVERS!!

It is getting ridiculous trying to get any kind of FP or Ops going (Vornskr). And this is one of the "better" servers!! Please help the player population out or just lose more players like you have been.

If they could then they would, if in fact your assessment was true(it's not), they are still working out the kinks for individual transfers... snapping fingers and yelling doesn't make things come any faster.