Please stop making PVP main though in balance

Skodan

This game is intended to be PvE mainly as pvp as a side note, just as space combat is a side note.

I feel like the devs are making decisions in regards to balancing pvp efforts and not really taking into account pve. Do people agree or disagree, please explain your reasonings.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PvP is where a games imbalances become more obvious. I really don't see a problem with balancing PvP for the people that like it.

PvE is so mind numbingly easy that every class could use significant nerfs if they actually were to attempt to balance PvE.

Edited by Maigrey

You are wrong about PvP just being a side thing.

It's clear to most people and even Bioware, that PvP is becoming just as large as a part of this game as PvE. The main reason PvP is becoming a huge part of this game is because ... well... it is just so much fun doing warzones in this game, Bioware listed that 60something% of players do Warzones daily.

The devs may have originally thought that PvP was just going to be side thing in this game, but it is and even has become a major part in this game.

Edited by iResist

It's clear to most people and even Bioware, that PvP is becoming just as large as a part of this game as PvE. The main reason PvP is becoming a huge part of this game is because ... well... it is just so much fun doing warzones in this game, Bioware listed that 60something% of players do Warzones daily.

The devs may have originally thought that PvP was just going to be side thing in this game, but it is and even has become a major part in this game.

Uh, no... just, no.

he's right.

This game is intended to be PvE mainly as pvp as a side note, just as space combat is a side note.

I feel like the devs are making decisions in regards to balancing pvp efforts and not really taking into account pve. Do people agree or disagree, please explain your reasonings.

no its not ur bad pvp is bigger than than pve now sorry :(

Edited by sheeldon

No the only reason pvp has become popular in swtor is due to a failing on the devs part to have a lfd system.

When you shout for hours for a group and none happen you then turn to the magic button that instantly puts you into some thing to do ( the pvp warzone button).

If swtor would had included a lfd system then pve would had been ahead of pvp in popularity.

OP i completely agree with you. For many of us this game is strictly about pve. Best thing that could happen to the game would be to remove all pvp! PVP just ends up wreaking good pve games!

No the only reason pvp has become popular in swtor is due to a failing on the devs part to have a lfd system.

When you shout for hours for a group and none happen you then turn to the magic button that instantly puts you into some thing to do ( the pvp warzone button).

If swtor would had included a lfd system then pve would had been ahead of pvp in popularity.

OP i completely agree with you. For many of us this game is strictly about pve. Best thing that could happen to the game would be to remove all pvp! PVP just ends up wreaking good pve games!

ya that's why the pvp servers filled up first at pre launch right?

You've got it backwards.

The reason for some of the changes is in fact to increase the challenge level of top end content by tightening class balance. Healing through top end content was, as a fact, not tightly balanced enough in the past and a prime contributor to the fact that our top end difficulty content was just not providing the challenge level people expected.

This encapsulates both the medpac change (without being able to make safe assumption about the availability of optional healing, it is impossible to strike a reliable balance that doesn't require people to shell out hundreds of thousands of credits for item based healing) as well as the class changes.

The other major reason is class to class and role to role balance.

Yeah I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on PVP "being just a side thing", it actually is refreshing that an mmo (SWTOR) focuses on the pvp content.

That would be all fine and dandy if they could properly balance the patches between the two. PvP bugs will get fixed almost immediately while EV8 HM is still plagued with bugs.

PvP is where the longevity is. They have to balance it out or people won't play it. PvP is what is going to keep people around. How many times can the average person run a falshpoint or operation before they go looking for something else to do?

Long enough to get the gear? But why? A PvE player wouldn't need it enough to grind for it like that.

PvP is what's left at end game. It's a sad reality of MMOs, but they can't generate content fast enough. A new flashpoint or operation is completed in a few days. Then you need something new to do, PvP is that thing.

People could argue that PvP is repetitive, and to a degree it is...but the difference comes in that you never know what you get in a match. The same strategies don't always work.

So, YES they have to balance PvP. From what I have seen, these changes didn't hurt PvE. You can still solo anything you could before, and if you can't...you aren't supposed to be able to solo it.

PvP is where the longevity is. They have to balance it out or people won't play it. PvP is what is going to keep people around. How many times can the average person run a falshpoint or operation before they go looking for something else to do?

Long enough to get the gear? But why? A PvE player wouldn't need it enough to grind for it like that.

PvP is what's left at end game. It's a sad reality of MMOs, but they can't generate content fast enough. A new flashpoint or operation is completed in a few days. Then you need something new to do, PvP is that thing.

People could argue that PvP is repetitive, and to a degree it is...but the difference comes in that you never know what you get in a match. The same strategies don't always work.

So, YES they have to balance PvP. From what I have seen, these changes didn't hurt PvE. You can still solo anything you could before, and if you can't...you aren't supposed to be able to solo it.

so much truth to all this ^

Some people love pvp.

They play this game to PVP and do PVE on the side to enrich their experience.

Not all of them are crybabies. I'm certainly not, and I know many easy-going PVPers who just enjoy the ride. We don't all go around trying to melt faces and flaunt our epeens and QQ whenever it doesn't go our way. Most don't, actually.

PVE is cool, but other players are the ultimate AI. They make sure every encounter is a little different. And like what was said above, that's what really keeps things fresh.

This game should focus on both aspects to the point that it feels like a full game no matter which side you pick.

Edited by Stenrik

I am a PVPer and as a subscriber I want PVP to be as much focus of the game as it can possibly be.

I am glad that they include PVE encounters but for me my game is PVP and I will freely admit my bias. BW promised a major revamp to Ilum. So, while you complain about balancing I expect a major PVP encounter in this game to be essentially removed for a do-over.

I am not crying about this I am glad they are trying to make it better. And just so you get perspective for many PVPers was a big deal and a big loss. But many are willing to give BW a shot at making it better.

Edited by Itukaaj

Eugh you little babies, FINALLY! an MMO that takes pvp seriously, Oh what you dont like it? go play WoW or somthing.

PVP has alway been a pain in the *** for PVE players. Nerfs are almost always becuse of PVP balance, or lack of it i should say. I don't PVP and really i just wish they would make PVP strictly on PVP realms. I understand however that people enjoy both. I respect the fact everyone likes different things in their gaming time.

I don't see why they can not make either A: A PVP tallent tree that comes into play when you flag for PVP.

B: Change the tool tips and the way spells work for PVP. It still amazes me why no MMO has done this yet.

"PvP is huge, 60% of players PvP daily"

Hahaha sure... thats why there are more PvE servers than PvP servers right?

well if its true, then maby weve solved why people think the game is "empty"... everyone is off in warzones playing PvP apparantly :p

Critical thinking is lacking on this one.

The servers don't mean anything. PVE servers are typically for carebears who don't want to be ganked while doing PVE.

60% of players do a WZ daily, and I saw a stat that only 38% of players have done an actual OPS mission.

Critical thinking is lacking on this one.

The servers don't mean anything. PVE servers are typically for carebears who don't want to be ganked while doing PVE.

60% of players do a WZ daily, and I saw a stat that only 38% of players have done an actual OPS mission.

wats an ops mission?

PvP is very popular in SWTOR and it isn't just some minigame on the side. I know this isn't accurate data about popularity but look how many posts there is in PvP subforums and then how many there is in Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions. PvP content gets 10 times more posts than PvE.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.