When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

AMKSED

Why exactly does everyone here think that damage numbers mean anything? Standing there dying less in tank specc obviously results in less downtime and thus more damage.

Doesnt mean u actually killed anything. U can sit there and spam damage on a healer resulting in high numbers.

Or u can have a voidstar standoff a the doors where classes with aoe damage pull ahead.

In the end its about killing stuff and tapping objectives..

Other speccs like vanguard have the same burst tankability and utility like shadows just guardian that is bad.

Buff the other specs to be more viable instead of nerfing balanced ones. And btw the reason why most shadows play tank isnt because its op its cuz all other options are bad

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why exactly does everyone here think that damage numbers mean anything? Standing there dying less in tank specc obviously results in less downtime and thus more damage.

Doesnt mean u actually killed anything. U can sit there and spam damage on a healer resulting in high numbers.

Or u can have a voidstar standoff a the doors where classes with aoe damage pull ahead.

Other speccs like vanguard have the same burst tankability and utility like shadows just guardian that is bad.

Buff the other specs to be more viable instead of nerfing balanced ones. And btw the reason why most shadows play tank isnt because its op its cuz all other options are bad

if the other classes need a buff to bring it in line, that = to the class is unbalanced? Does it not?

When you compare it to other classes.

Edited by Scotland

Go to my videos.

27/0/14

31/0/10

Those specs with DPS gear.

It is hard to see how a 31/0/10 spec is a hybrid. The only sense that it is a hybrid is that you are using a tank build with damage gear. Do they nerf the gear?

As far as the original point - it would be great if they did something about all the double bladed tanks running around. I feel like a clone.

if the other classes need a buff to bring it in line, that = to the class is unbalanced? Does it not?

When you compare it to other classes.

u rly think all classes should be nerfed down to the level of operatives or dps commandos? or maybe give those classes some utility besides doing damage so they are a viable choice...

this is a game the obvious solution is to make EVERY class FUN and not nerf the ones that actually are to the level of the ****** ones

It is with DPS gear.

You good sir, is the first person I've EVER seen that claims a 31 tank build (not hybrid) wearing DPS gear is a hybrid... The Tri-Shock build was more of a hybrid than a 31/x/x.

If so everyone is a hybrid. I run 5/5/31 with Force-Master gear which must mean I'm a hybrid since it's not Stalker DPS gear.

Heck I've seen Operatives run full heal with DPS gear, even seen Powertech tanks run in merc DPS gear... Does this mean they're all hybrids? Well according to your logic yes.

In most MMO's a hybrid is defined by the point allocation (15/15/11) not what gear he's wearing.

u rly think all classes should be nerfed down to the level of operatives or dps commandos? or maybe give those classes some utility besides doing damage so they are a viable choice...

this is a game the obvious solution is to make EVERY class FUN and not nerf the ones that actually are to the level of the ****** ones

you aren't grasping what i am saying.

balance is way of ups and downs, not just up.

You good sir, is the first person I've EVER seen that claims a 31 tank build (not hybrid) wearing DPS gear is a hybrid... The Tri-Shock build was more of a hybrid than a 31/x/x.

If so everyone is a hybrid. I run 5/5/31 with Force-Master gear which must mean I'm a hybrid since it's not Stalker DPS gear.

Heck I've seen Operatives run full heal with DPS gear, even seen Powertech tanks run in merc DPS gear... Does this mean they're all hybrids? Well according to your logic yes.

In most MMO's a hybrid is defined by the point allocation (15/15/11) not what gear he's wearing.

over react moar pls

the op has a valid point.

he also plays one and everything he has said, is the truth.

Tank Assassin still maintains their some-what burst, they also can lock down any dps class.

I do not understand why people are saying high damage is not contributing anything, it is completely wrong. Higher damage output done means you kill more people and putting them back at the respawn point which tips the objective in your favor. Putting more pressure for the other team to heal through.

Yes you can stand there and focus a healer all game and get higher damage done. But you are making that healer useless, because all she/he is doing is healing themselves. Any good dps class will drop a healer anyways.

Tank Assassin still maintains their some-what burst, they also can lock down any dps class.

I do not understand why people are saying high damage is not contributing anything, it is completely wrong. Higher damage output done means you kill more people and putting them back at the respawn point which tips the objective in your favor. Putting more pressure for the other team to heal through.

Yes you can stand there and focus a healer all game and get higher damage done. But you are making that healer useless, because all she/he is doing is healing themselves. Any good dps class will drop a healer anyways.

Doing high damage and killing alot of ppl is NOT the same and does NOT mean u kill more people. Especially when pvp groups have 2+ healers.

Gunslingers can pull out 700k with their aoe in warzones and still kill less ppl than a dps spec guardian

short version:

tanks should be able to do damage to some extent otherwise why would u play them? its some of the pure dps classes that clearly are lacking atm ( sentinel being the only really decent one with high dps AND some good survivability cds )

Edited by Tenndou

Doing high damage and killing alot of ppl is NOT the same and does NOT mean u kill more people. Especially when pvp groups have 2+ healers.

Gunslingers can pull out 700k with their aoe in warzones and still kill less ppl than a dps spec guardian

short version:

tanks should be able to do damage to some extent otherwise why would u play them? its some of the pure dps classes that clearly are lacking atm ( sentinel being the only really decent one with high dps AND some good survivability cds )

not all Gunslinger tree's are based around aoe's, as a sharpshooter spec, i very rarely do not have top dmg and/or top kill/deathblows/1 on 1's

but isnt that my spec's job?

i mean i never get any protection points....ruling out x amount of medals for me.(until 1.2 comes, we will see then)

here is an example

Edited by Scotland

And I'm the one mad lol?

And on my server, everyone went hybrid Sin due to the fact that another player named Prestige and I would absolutely destroy them.

LMAO, both of you constantly have BM healers on your pre-made squad, so that doesn't really mean anything in comparison to the "average" hybrid tank assassin. Sorry, but your evaluation of the class is very skewed away from what the normal player is going to experience.

A Tankassin without a healer can be squishy or powerful, but your mileage is going to change with every warzone, depending on the competition and your own group make up. Been there, done that.

It's obvious they need to be rebalanced, the people argueing otherwise are using the build themselves or have never faced a competent player.

So far I have seen 3 Shadows which simply cannot be killed by less then 3 people. It's bizarre anyone argues they are balanced.

Edited by LoKiei

So far I have seen 3 Shadows which simply cannot be killed by less then 3 people. It's bizarre anyone argues they are balanced.

You obviously targetted the wrong one. If they survive that well the first time you face them, the next time they'll be on cooldown and be much easier to kill. People are acting as though Tankassin's are constantly that powerful, when it's far from the truth. They are a cooldown-based tank class, which means if they are tough one fight, they are extremely weak the next.

Here is a simple rule of thumb when it comes to what class will recieve upcoming downward adjustments. The class that you see everyone rerolling to is most likely what is considered to be the most powerful class currently in the game(this is true for both pvp and pve), and will be adjusted.

Ask yourself what class is most often being encountered. Generally there is a reason for so many people shifting to another class en-masse.

You obviously targetted the wrong one. If they survive that well the first time you face them, the next time they'll be on cooldown and be much easier to kill. People are acting as though Tankassin's are constantly that powerful, when it's far from the truth. They are a cooldown-based tank class, which means if they are tough one fight, they are extremely weak the next.

No, they forcerun or stealth, wait for their cooldowns and repeat.

The class is broken, more broken then a BH Proccing 6+ Railshots in a row or smuggler 2-3 shotting people.

It's going to need to have its damaged lowered if specced high into the tanking tree.

No, they forcerun or stealth, wait for their cooldowns and repeat.

The class is broken, more broken then a BH Proccing 6+ Railshots in a row or smuggler 2-3 shotting people.

It's going to need to have its damaged lowered if specced high into the tanking tree.

Think about what you said for a moment -- if they force run or stealth away and wait for their cooldowns, they are effectively non-existent in the fighting for the next 2-3 minutes, which is even better than having to kill them without their cooldowns, right? Win win situation either way for you.

Think about what you said for a moment -- if they force run or stealth away and wait for their cooldowns, they are effectively non-existent in the fighting for the next 2-3 minutes, which is even better than having to kill them without their cooldowns, right? Win win situation either way for you.

Except that those 2-3 minutes aren't as critical as the time was where shadow was an unkillable dps.

It's absurd to argue that they shouldn't be balanced because they don't have 100% uptime on their defenses.

They currently have the best of the tanking/dps/rogue abilities. This needs to change, you get 1, not 3.

Ok you are one of over 9000 hybrid rep shadows in dps gear on the ravager, that pretend to be godly pvpers.

All you do is to press your 2 immunities on CD and self heals, that is your "skill" you are talking about.

Try playing sniper "tanking" build in a dps gear and do 300 k+ damage with 100 k+ protection and 75 k healing.

You can't? Sure cause there is no such build.

And where did I say in my post that I am a "godly" PvP'er? I was stating that jugg are better DPS tanks than Shadows. And who are you? Since you seem to know who I am.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

The same thing applies to Marauders...but you guys will scream it from the top of a mountain that they are OP.

I have BiS gear so that definitely not the issue.

I can't point to a specific thing and say "that's op" . But I can just observe a very large tool-set and wonder how this is balanced. We essentially have a class that deals impressive burst damage, has various tank utility like Guard,Taunt and pull as well as Stealth and Speed.

Effectively an invisible tank with incredible DPS.

This last line says it all!

Both marauder and tank assasin (20+ points in tanking in dps gear) are competing for best class in the game.

Marauders will get nerfed, ... eventually, But tank assassins will not. Thing is every tank class can do it, spec tank and use dps gear, however due to the nature of the class cooldowns it is way more effective on assassins.

Here is a simple rule of thumb when it comes to what class will recieve upcoming downward adjustments. The class that you see everyone rerolling to is most likely what is considered to be the most powerful class currently in the game(this is true for both pvp and pve), and will be adjusted.

Ask yourself what class is most often being encountered. Generally there is a reason for so many people shifting to another class en-masse.

Exactly correct. People see a OP class and roll that one for that reason.

No argument will shut this down.