When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

AMKSED

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that those 2-3 minutes aren't as critical as the time was where shadow was an unkillable dps.

It's absurd to argue that they shouldn't be balanced because they don't have 100% uptime on their defenses.

It's absurd to argue that they need a nerf because you lack the common sense to understand how the class works, and when is the optimal time to attack them. That's just selfish. Every moment in a warzone is important, which is why people hate afkers or people that aren't paying attention, so those 2-3 minutes that they are waiting on cooldowns could be the time that you set up your team to win your specific wz encounter. Matter of fact, please, please, please give me 2-3 minutes of non-activity by Assassins in Voidstar or Civil War. That would be an automatic win every time.

The same thing applies to Marauders...but you guys will scream it from the top of a mountain that they are OP.

I've never said marauders are OP, so I'm not sure why you quoted me.

Edited by olagaton

i play 34/0/7 in damage gear. if you're good you can take anything but you still struggle against good playing sents,troopers and what not. assassin is probably the most balanced class imo and others.

if shadow/assassin is balanced then marauder/sentinel is balanced and according to the masses it isn't :p

Sounds like a problem with guardians and not with shadows.

While I would say dps guardians do have survivability issues, vanguards tanks can't output that much dps and healing either. It would be extremely bad for all if all 3 tank specs can do as much damage and healing as tank shadows. Why would anyone use the dps specs if that were the case?

You either tank or you dps. Shouldn't be able to do BOTH REALLY WELL at the same time.

Edited by Smashbrother

The tank shadow hybrid definitely needs a massive nerf. My guardian most certainly cannot output that much dps or healing as a tank spec. Nor does he have the same survivability.

Please tell us how you nerf a hybrid without screwing over the only current warzone effective pvp spec shadows/sins have?

Why do they spec hybrid? Because the burst and sustained DPS trees are poor in warzone situations. They are way too squishy to make an impact anywhere near the main action and are instead limited to lurking around the edges picking off lame ducks.

If they sorted out Deception/Madness (for sins) so they can work effectively in the team-orientated choke-point warzone environment you would see less Darkness hybrids.

Try playing deception or madness and see for yourself, they are not bad specs, but they are weaker for warzones as they contribute little utility to a group and are too soft and exposed in objective based gameplay.

Please tell us how you nerf a hybrid without screwing over the only current warzone effective pvp spec shadows/sins have?

Why do they spec hybrid? Because the burst and sustained DPS trees are poor in warzone situations. They are way too squishy to make an impact anywhere near the main action and are instead limited to lurking around the edges picking off lame ducks.

If they sorted out Deception/Madness (for sins) so they can work effectively in the team-orientated choke-point warzone environment you would see less Darkness hybrids.

Try playing deception or madness and see for yourself, they are not bad specs, but they are weaker for warzones as they contribute little utility to a group and are too soft and exposed in objective based gameplay.

I'm fine with BW buffing the dps trees if they are really as bad as you claim. But I pvp with a BM geared shadow that is NOT tank spec, and he hasn't complained about it sucking or being underpowered. He does fine in WZs.

And when can we expect the other trees to be balanced to be better for group play.

There's a reason why 90% of the people playing Assassin/Shadow are now playing hybrid.

As soon as all the cheese classes require more than 3 buttons to play.

Yes, hybrid shadow/assassin is op.....

Yet my 31 infiltration spec shadow can burn through most assassin hybrid specs with ease. I do agree that the hybrid and tank spec seems to be the FOTM right now for shadows and assassins. But I'd hardly say it's op, after their little cooldown is used up they're only slightly less squishy then a infiltration spec assassin/shadow. What cracks me up is you have all these tank and hybrid spec shadows/assassins running around yet I pull off more protection with just my taunts then they do an entire match. Really? As a shadow/assassin you should always have your taunts up and if you're tank spec you should be guarding other players.

Well, unless all the hybrid assassins on my server are just horrible at pvp.

The only thing that makes me want to roll tank/hybrid spec sometimes is all the utility you get in the tank tree.

:edit: Also, for those of you complaining about healing. It's really not that much healing, maybe a tick for around 500 hp every 10 or 15 seconds or so. The reason their healing gets so high is because they run around unchecked and no one is bothering to focus them so it adds up. But it's certainly not keeping them from being killed in a fight, that's for sure. Also, I could never get the 33 kinetic combat spec to put out nearly as much dps as the burst spec, unless it was a really long voidstar match.

:double edit: Burst spec certainly isn't too squishy to get into the main action of a match. You just have to be smart about it! Don't go running into the middle of a group of guys thinking you're going to solo them all (sadly a lot of people do this), unless you're acting as a distraction for something going on somewhere else. Wait for your group to go in, then stealth around back, pick off a healer (your team should be focusing them first anyways), then jump into the fray with the rest of your team (don't forget to taunt!). It's also a great spec for taking out that squishy fresh 50 who they left guarding a point by his lonesome on Alderaan. Bottom line, burst spec if perfectly viable in pvp, you just have to know your role in the group and how to play it.

Edited by SquallyZ

Yet my 31 infiltration spec shadow can burn through most assassin hybrid specs with ease. I do agree that the hybrid and tank spec seems to be the FOTM right now for shadows and assassins. But I'd hardly say it's op, after their little cooldown is used up they're only slightly less squishy then a infiltration spec assassin/shadow. What cracks me up is you have all these tank and hybrid spec shadows/assassins running around yet I pull off more protection with just my taunts then they do an entire match. Really? As a shadow/assassin you should always have your taunts up and if you're tank spec you should be guarding other players.

The only thing that makes me want to roll tank/hybrid spec sometimes is all the utility you get in the tank tree.

:edit: Also, for those of you complaining about healing. It's really not that much healing, maybe a tick for around 500 hp every 10 or 15 seconds or so. The reason their healing gets so high is because they run around unchecked and no one is bothering to focus them so it adds up. But it's certainly not keeping them from being killed in a fight, that's for sure. Also, I could never get the 33 kinetic combat spec to put out nearly as much dps as the burst spec, unless it was a really long voidstar match.

:double edit: Burst spec certainly isn't too squishy to get into the main action of a match. You just have to be smart about it! Don't go running into the middle of a group of guys thinking you're going to solo them all (sadly a lot of people do this), unless you're acting as a distraction for something going on somewhere else. Wait for your group to go in, then stealth around back, pick off a healer (your team should be focusing them first anyways), then jump into the fray with the rest of your team (don't forget to taunt!). It's also a great spec for taking out that squishy fresh 50 who they left guarding a point by his lonesome on Alderaan. Bottom line, burst spec if perfectly viable in pvp, you just have to know your role in the group and how to play it.

I highly doubt anything you just said.

I highly doubt anything you just said.

I don't need bad players to believe me. You know how I know that your bad? Because you automatically dismiss critics and call for nerfs because you can't play your class. You'll find baddies like yourself playing the FOTM class and complaining about all others. You'll come on the forums every time you lose and complain about how bioware needs to give your class everything and it all needs to be macroed into an easy mode button. Sad thing is they'll listen to you and start a nerf-go-round which will cause serious players to get annoyed and unsub. All of this simply because you can't play your class and adapt to what other classes are throwing at you.

You sir are a typical baddie, thanks for ruining MMOs for all of us.

Marauder's and Shadows basic DPS rotation is 4-6 buttons at best lol. Quit trying to up-play the classes like they're hard.

Shadow/assassin dps rotation is 4 buttons. Don't know shadow equivs but

sin pve = saber strike, voltaic slash, shock, discharge. that's 4.

sin pvp hybrid spec = saber strike, thrash, shock, and everytime you hit 3 stacks of harnessed darkness Lightning woo! 4 for dps. use defensive CD's accordingly.

Marauder damage for both pvp and pve = charge, assault, battering assault, deadly saber, rupture, choke, slash, annihilate...

WE could add in recklessness to both the sin but yeah it's a 1.5 min cd. whatevs.

over react moar pls

the op has a valid point.

he also plays one and everything he has said, is the truth.

Over reacting? Me? Well apparently you miss understood the point of my post, since a tank wearing DPS gear is not a gear just a tank suffering identity crisis.

Also I never mentioned anything about him being wrong or right, but I do not have a problem with the HD/HS Shadows/Assassins. I find them quite easy to kill considering without their cooldowns they're nothing more than another target that's gonna die.

So personally I can not see the problem as there will always be a fotm build for each class, apparently for Jugs/Guardians it's that 4k+ Smash Crit build now those hurt. But HD/HS Shadows/Assassins I just don't get what the problem is. They can heal 3%/tick over 3s once every 9s or something like that, no big deal most of my damage quickly remove the heal they got so they never really gained anything besides wasting my time and a slower death.

Over reacting? Me? Well apparently you miss understood the point of my post, since a tank wearing DPS gear is not a gear just a tank suffering identity crisis.

Also I never mentioned anything about him being wrong or right, but I do not have a problem with the HD/HS Shadows/Assassins. I find them quite easy to kill considering without their cooldowns they're nothing more than another target that's gonna die.

So personally I can not see the problem as there will always be a fotm build for each class, apparently for Jugs/Guardians it's that 4k+ Smash Crit build now those hurt. But HD/HS Shadows/Assassins I just don't get what the problem is. They can heal 3%/tick over 3s once every 9s or something like that, no big deal most of my damage quickly remove the heal they got so they never really gained anything besides wasting my time and a slower death.

Juggs are not even close to comparable to shadows/sins, it is clear you have never fought a good shadow/sin.

I suspect a lot of the people on this forum spend less time playing then posting otherwise they would be aware of the imbalances(or they are aware and wish to keep them).

The hybrid sins on your server must be horrible, I have NEVER lost to a deception Sin, EVER and I don't think I ever will. I notice low protection from other shadows too, I think some people have an identity crisis and forget they have taunts and a guard.

The hybrid sins on your server must be horrible, I have NEVER lost to a deception Sin, EVER and I don't think I ever will. I notice low protection from other shadows too, I think some people have an identity crisis and forget they have taunts and a guard.

Or maybe you don't have any good infiltration shadows on your server :D

I'm not trying to say I'm the best, but burst spec is viable in pvp, you just have to know how to make it work in each situation.

Shadow/assassin dps rotation is 4 buttons. Don't know shadow equivs but

sin pve = saber strike, voltaic slash, shock, discharge. that's 4.

sin pvp hybrid spec = saber strike, thrash, shock, and everytime you hit 3 stacks of harnessed darkness Lightning woo! 4 for dps. use defensive CD's accordingly.

Marauder damage for both pvp and pve = charge, assault, battering assault, deadly saber, rupture, choke, slash, annihilate...

WE could add in recklessness to both the sin but yeah it's a 1.5 min cd. whatevs.

Hybrid sins don't spec harnessed darkness.