When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

AMKSED

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you agree it's unbalanced?

Yes it is... a darkness sin should not completely destroy a deception sin, buff the other trees bioware and I will gladly drop darkness in a heartbeat I hate tanking with a passion.

I play the hybrid Shadow and if everyone is going to roll it because it's OP and FOTM then I'd rather see it nerfed as long as the other specs get something to compete with.

So you would rather see a class nerfed because lots of people like a class that takes skill and timing? Why the hell do you even play this game? If its not challenging then its not worth playing. Thats why I don't play tracer missile spam on my merc, I heal...because it takes more skill than pressing 1-2 buttons over and over again. Should my class be nerfed just because I like to be versatile and interrupt the enemy while healing? Should it be nerfed because i can keep myself alive for a long time(while healing no one else)? The hybrid spec isn't OP, its good when played by good players. Don't cry nerf when one or two or ten good players decide to take advantage of specs and actually be intelligent about how they play. All the classes have their strong points and just because you don't like getting owned by one you shouldn't think to make them weaker...think of how to stop them. That's pvp. Not.."HE KILLED ME NERF HIM!"

So you would rather see a class nerfed because lots of people like a class that takes skill and timing? Why the hell do you even play this game? If its not challenging then its not worth playing. Thats why I don't play tracer missile spam on my merc, I heal...because it takes more skill than pressing 1-2 buttons over and over again. Should my class be nerfed just because I like to be versatile and interrupt the enemy while healing? Should it be nerfed because i can keep myself alive for a long time(while healing no one else)? The hybrid spec isn't OP, its good when played by good players. Don't cry nerf when one or two or ten good players decide to take advantage of specs and actually be intelligent about how they play. All the classes have their strong points and just because you don't like getting owned by one you shouldn't think to make them weaker...think of how to stop them. That's pvp. Not.."HE KILLED ME NERF HIM!"

Except it's "I'm killing everyone, nerf me!"

Read a bit before posting.

You know that quite a few of the people who post for nerfs for Darkness play Darkness themselves. It gets boring when you can top at least two category (DPS + protection), sometimes a third (healing) without even trying. It's boring when you drop a Wither on a group of people in Voidstar and knows they already lost the game because now they can't catch up to your frontrunner on the next bomb. I mean sure, it feels kind of cool the first 5 times you do it, but after a while you start to realize that the other team should just concede when you do certain things if they know what's good for them and that's not fun.

Been playing 31x10 since... a long time haha. Never saw the point in any hybrid.

I enjoy the spec sooo much but I "Can" and often do die very fast.

The fun comes in when I run around harassing everyone, Taunts/guard/cc/ Force speed around LoS. We are very powerfull in the delaying of capture points and keeping people cursing under breathe, But like I said I can and do die so fast if im not carefull.

The "tank" build may seem OP but if you play it I bet most would agree it's not, on paper you see all this cc and self healing and think wth... but it takes alot of moving around breaking los knowing what situations to avoid.

It's alot but that's what makes it fun, if your having problems killing them read up and watch vids, then relize this game isnt based on 1v1 pvp and if you are in a WZ doing 1v1 your dead weight for the team.

Edited by Tinmancreeping

Here's the funny part, Darkness is the only spec where you can win by dying, because nobody actually focus fire on people wearing tank gear, so you're already the hardest person to kill. So if you actually died a lot, that means the enemy wasted a lot of time trying to kill the hardest guy to kill by a wide margin, so if the rest of your DPS don't completely suck, they should be more than enough to cover for you. If you died 10 times, other DPS classes would die at least 15 times combined without you, and we don't do 150% the DPS compared to other DPS classes.

Hybird spec was already nerfed a few patches ago. Stop trolling!

Stance dancing is only for the few weirdoes who don't start the fight in Dark Charge, even though there is literally no reason not to start any fight in Dark Charge.

your opinion in a few.. pretty much everyone is saying the most balanced class are sith assassin even if its a hybrid. cause it can be beaten. a merc arsenal hybrid would rip through you easily . so would my hybrid assassin. the guys you fought ,you might have been better than them skillwise . they have also nerfed sith assassin already with not allowing stancedancing so...

No, "pretty much everyone" are not saying that the most balanced class is assassin/shadow. Those two classes when specced tank are incredibly powerful. The problem is they dont lose enough damage output when going into tank stance and gain all the defensive advantages. To add icing on the cake, many of the great talents like +30% force regeneration are in the tank tree.

A tankassin/shadow tank are practically immortal while dishing out respectable damage as well. Compare him to a guardian/juggernaut. Those guys are a joke in comparison.

Edited by Jo-Han

No, "pretty much everyone" are not saying that the most balanced class is assassin/shadow. Those two classes when specced tank are incredibly powerful. The problem is they dont lose enough damage output when going into tank stance and gain all the defensive advantages. To add icing on the cake, many of the great talents like +30% force regeneration are in the tank tree.

A tankassin/shadow tank are practically immortal while dishing out respectable damage as well. Compare him to a guardian/juggernaut. Those guys are a joke in comparison.

A joke in dmg, maybe. But they have serveral cc abilites as well and have much more staying power.

And I'm the one mad lol?

And on my server, everyone went hybrid Sin due to the fact that another player named Prestige and I would absolutely destroy them.

OP You need to get over yourself. Your acting like your the best player in the world and they should nerf/change shadow/sin hyrbids just because you said so.

Oh and everyone went hyrbrid Sin/Shadow because BIOWARE FIXED THE TREE AND BUFFED SLOW TIME, not because YOU the god of pvp showed people the way :rolleyes:

The spec is actually pretty balanced, it can be countered by people smart enough to figure out it, it's not the uber godly spec you make it out to be. Infiltration is still pretty good but it relies on support to be effective like most pure DPS builds do, Balance also is pretty good in the hands of a competent player, you make it sound like the none of the other tree's are viable, when they are.

They don't lose damage because...people are playing in DPS gear and not tank gear, swap in all tank gear and watch the damage plummet.

They are not practically immortal, they have great utility when played by a good player, that MAY make them look better than they are. Oh and Guardian/Jugg's out dps and out last ANY shadow if played correctly, there's a jugg on my server who gets 400-500k+ damage on average every warzone he's in and he's harder to kill than me, a lot harder. They actually try not to get any fraps footage of this guy on their warzones as they are afraid of him being nerfed :p

Edited by Archaar

OP You need to get over yourself. Your acting like your the best player in the world and they should nerf/change shadow/sin hyrbids just because you said so.

Oh and everyone went hyrbrid Sin/Shadow because BIOWARE FIXED THE TREE AND BUFFED SLOW TIME, not because YOU the god of pvp showed people the way :rolleyes:

The spec is actually pretty balanced, it can be countered by people smart enough to figure out it, it's not the uber godly spec you make it out to be. Infiltration is still pretty good but it relies on support to be effective like most pure DPS builds do, Balance also is pretty good in the hands of a competent player, you make it sound like the none of the other tree's are viable, when they are.

you should learn the difference between your and you're

:rolleyes:

Edited by Scotland

They don't lose damage because...people are playing in DPS gear and not tank gear, swap in all tank gear and watch the damage plummet.

So, when spec into Infiltration and put on tank gear that makes them able to tank? No. The point is, when spec into a tree that is meant for tanking, should not be able to put out more dps than other trees. It's suppose to tank.

Hybrids/30/0/10 right now is NOT balanced, it is putting out too much damage while maintaining utilities and survivability. When one spec can do that much, it is over powered.

Edited by heikaze

They are not practically immortal, they have great utility when played by a good player, that MAY make them look better than they are. Oh and Guardian/Jugg's out dps and out last ANY shadow if played correctly, there's a jugg on my server who gets 400-500k+ damage on average every warzone he's in and he's harder to kill than me, a lot harder. They actually try not to get any fraps footage of this guy on their warzones as they are afraid of him being nerfed :p

Ok you are one of over 9000 hybrid rep shadows in dps gear on the ravager, that pretend to be godly pvpers.

All you do is to press your 2 immunities on CD and self heals, that is your "skill" you are talking about.

Try playing sniper "tanking" build in a dps gear and do 300 k+ damage with 100 k+ protection and 75 k healing.

You can't? Sure cause there is no such build.

Edited by Paralassa
content