When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

AMKSED

They're glaringly OP in huttball. Other WZ's, I don't think they're the strongest spec, so perhaps overall it's passable. But right now, since we're getting a ton of huttball matches on my server, they're OP overall. Amount of huttball matches in 1.2 will be toned way down.

Yeah no doubt they are slightly OP for ball carrying, but in huttball it is only because of their sprint, if a guardian or a vanguard tank had a sprint like a shadow, they would be better/the same at ball carrying. Every class is OP in some form, you just need to know how to counteract a ball carrying shadow, don't try to stun a shadow, knock them off stunning is useless against a good tank.

The problem is, it is currently the only viable spec for group combat, the others are totally worthless, in a group PvP environment.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love people calling out hybrid specs then they list.

31/0/10 and 27/0/14.

Last I checked going that deep in a talent tree does not make it a hybrid, far from it if you actually pick up a 31 point talent.

31/0/10 does very well, but it doesnt pump out burst or anything close to it. It does good sustained damage and can take a beating. It's also very much about control, guarding and taunting.

IMO its not shadow/assas being OP or even overtuned in their tanks specs, its just people not knowing how to tackle them. I used to have issues with them when playing against them on my operative and my sorc. I leveled one to learn more about them and now I know full well how to beat them. The good ones are still godly, but the fotm players that go to the "OP" class are just as easy to kill when they play shadows as they are playing any other class.

Oh and at the guy claiming assassins are a simple thing to play with few abilities... roll one and try. I promise you, you are in for a fun suprise.

Edited by SneakyErvin

i play 34/0/7 in damage gear. if you're good you can take anything but you still struggle against good playing sents,troopers and what not. assassin is probably the most balanced class imo and others.

Troopers?? easiest class to kill

Because I play it and I have other 50s and in comparison to the others it is OP? Hence why nearly everyone is playing it. I'd love for Bioware to pull statistics of what level 50 Assassin/Shadow specs are being played and what type of gear. Would that be the proof you need?

It's probably more to do with infiltration being garbage and balance being under par aswell.

Compared to other top specs, tanksins aren't overpowered. Compared to bad specs, sure they are. Not every spec is going to be just as competitive as the next.

I play my shadow and my assassin in infiltration spec and love it.

I am aware there are some stupidly broken hybrid specs out there.. which people then say we NEED to be viable because the other trees suck. No interest in them, I like my playstyle, not going to respec because something broken and awaiting a nerf.

Not sure if serious. The hybrid spec was already nerfed last month. And how is 31/0/10 a hybrid spec? And you say that you play one, but don't like it that everyone else plays one. Sounds like the same "Make Jedi rare except for mine." from the old Pre-CU days of SWG.

well i am scoundrel so have no clue really on details but the HYBRID part stands due to fact that its tanking spec and its played in DPS gear aka its HYBRID use ... but then again I might be totally off here... ;)

well i am scoundrel so have no clue really on details but the HYBRID part stands due to fact that its tanking spec and its played in DPS gear aka its HYBRID use ... but then again I might be totally off here... ;)

Lol. Wow. That's news to me. Since when has gear counted as being a hybrid spec? Tanks outfitting themselves with DPS gear and DPSers outfitting themselves in tank gear is MMO basics 101. Lol. People will make up any excuse nowadays to justify their whining.

"Hybrid" Shadow is kind of like the Red Mage from FF. Jack of all trades, master of nothing. That's going to be why so many people find them hard to kill in a 1v1 situation. They still can't tank like a full out tank or DPS like a full out DPS class.

Shadow/assassin dps rotation is 4 buttons. Don't know shadow equivs but

sin pve = saber strike, voltaic slash, shock, discharge. that's 4.

sin pvp hybrid spec = saber strike, thrash, shock, and everytime you hit 3 stacks of harnessed darkness Lightning woo! 4 for dps. use defensive CD's accordingly.

Marauder damage for both pvp and pve = charge, assault, battering assault, deadly saber, rupture, choke, slash, annihilate...

WE could add in recklessness to both the sin but yeah it's a 1.5 min cd. whatevs.

You forgot for pvp you can't just stand there and think the target will stand still and not move for the 1,5 min it take you to kill him so add to that list... Wither, force slow, force pull, deflection, overcharge saber, assassinate, discharge, mass mind control, mind control and spike oh and jolt and overload ofc.

Now we are getting the rotation a sin tank is using.

assassins have at least 10 spells that we need to use constantly, depending on spec...

I'm in madness atm, And personally i think its the best pvp spec, but darkness is really up there as well.

Deception offers rofl crits 24/7 but (see: NO) survivability outside of reduced CD force cloak and force shroud

Edited by Kasukua

I have a rank 61 shadow and a rank 53 OP and i can for sure say that my shadow is 10 times easier to play. I have way higher burst dmg on my shadow not even just coz it has a bit better gear it just do more dmg. Take my hidden strike on my OP for example, im happy if i open up with 3.5-4k with it and IF it dont crit im more or less toasted.

Compare that to project that has a 100% crit chanse and often my project crits for 4k+. I dont see the logical with a new OP nerf when assassins and shadows are untouched.

Qini rank 61 shadow

Xone rank 53 Op

Your tears make me lol, heres a tip, less whining in the forums and more learning the weaknesses of this class, good players find ways to win, bad players whine in forums, you have established where you rank already, so find a way to win, or just quit pvp'ing if your that bad.

Oh bother...

Someone didn't read anything but the title.

It is with DPS gear.

No, it's not. It's a tank spec, wearing dps gear. What you're trying to say is the same as if someone had all 41 points (somehow) in a dps tree but wearing tank gear would be considered a hybrid. Which is absolutely ridiculous and stupid.

You forgot for pvp you can't just stand there and think the target will stand still and not move for the 1,5 min it take you to kill him so add to that list... Wither, force slow, force pull, deflection, overcharge saber, assassinate, discharge, mass mind control, mind control and spike oh and jolt and overload ofc.

Now we are getting the rotation a sin tank is using.

sigh i didn't get into details for a reason, did you people not read any of my posts or just quote the one and complain. "you forgot all these things a sin tank uses! but you didn't put in everything a marauder uses either!" it was just damaging abilities.

You actually use discharge in pvp?

The damage this spec does is op when you stack it on top of all the extra utility this class has over my Vanguard, stealth, lift, mez, vanish, 5 sec immune, speed that snare/root breaks on 20 sec cool, execute, infinite resources, kb, heals, aoe snare. All that for stealth scan, charge, and an aoe stun over an anytime knockdown on a shorter cd.

Why does the swiss army tank class also get a 100% controllable burst chain with HS TK throw > Project > Wither with 100% crit chance off potency that also heals, and builds more HS charges while having execute to boot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMKSED

Go to my videos.

27/0/14

31/0/10

Those specs with DPS gear.

i play 34/0/7 in damage gear. if you're good you can take anything but you still struggle against good playing sents,troopers and what not. assassin is probably the most balanced class imo and others. i play 34/0/7 in damage gear. if you're good you can take anything but you still struggle against good playing sents,troopers and what not. assassin is probably the most balanced class imo and others.

Do you realize what balance actually means? It means playing your AC and spec within the designated design parameters. You wearing DPS gear playing as a tank spec so that you can warp what was originally intended is not balanced.

The damage this spec does is op when you stack it on top of all the extra utility this class has over my Vanguard, stealth, lift, mez, vanish, 5 sec immune, speed that snare/root breaks on 20 sec cool, execute, infinite resources, kb, heals, aoe snare. All that for stealth scan, charge, and an aoe stun over an anytime knockdown on a shorter cd.

Why does the swiss army tank class also get a 100% controllable burst chain with HS TK throw > Project > Wither with 100% crit chance off potency that also heals, and builds more HS charges while having execute to boot.

It's a 60% crit chance. And go away, the constant whining, moaning and crying from players is bboooorrring.

Bad players whinge on forums, good players figure out how to beat a good class. And if your not rocking warzones on your vanguard, your horrible.

It's a 60% crit chance. And go away, the constant whining, moaning and crying from players is bboooorrring.

Bad players whinge on forums, good players figure out how to beat a good class. And if your not rocking warzones on your vanguard, your horrible.

So people run 0% crit on their gear now. Kinetic has better burst than dps specs like vigil guardian, and tactics vanguard. Its more then comparable to paper wearing madness sorc.

So people run 0% crit on their gear now. Kinetic has better burst than dps specs like vigil guardian, and tactics vanguard. Its more then comparable to paper wearing madness sorc.

Something that needs to be channeled for 3 seconds is NOT burst. It's sustained damage.

Do you realize what balance actually means? It means playing your AC and spec within the designated design parameters. You wearing DPS gear playing as a tank spec so that you can warp what was originally intended is not balanced.

So....

Tanks are only "balanced" if they use full tank specs while running in TANK GEAR in PvP?

hokay, lets run with this for a sec.

So your idea of balanced is tanks having:

Crap damage instead of "ok" damage

Crap survivability considering the "tank" stats are worthless in PvP vs Crap survivability. Nothing changes here. Yeah, great tradeoff.

Hmm, why would anyone ever play that again?

So now people are complaining because a tank is wearing DPS gear. That they should only be allowed to wear defensive gear? Lol wow. You guys have taken whining to a whole new level of crazy. As I said before. That is MMO Basics 101. Tanks get DPS gear to help give them some boost to DPS while DPSers use defensive gear to help get some mitigation to the damage. It's common sense to find a middle ground instead of trying to go overboard by trying to beef up something that is already sufficient.