Mara/Pally Bubble needs to be looked at(Undying Rage)

kiroshei

If you don't know what peeling is, then you have no clue what you're talking about, and your opinion on competitive PvP is meaningless.

That being said, I'm not complaining. I'm simply stating the obvious, which is that marauders will be the FOTM unstoppable class in ranked pvp, specifically because of this ability.

Being the intelligent person that I am, I will be using this OP ability myself, instead of crying about it on these forums.

YOU on the other hand, will be back here in a few months begging for a nerf, when it becomes painfully obvious that every single dominant team has 3 marauders and an assassin on it.

My opinion is meaningless, but at least you state facts here from the future what is obvious and as far we all know your opinion means something.

Never begged for nerf, in my opinion only bad players do. I still pump out my 400-500k dmg in voidstar and win huttball games in 3min with my premade. And guess what, when we loose we dont cry for nerf, we know why we lost and learn about that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This "bubble" lasts for 5 seconds and takes half the Marauders remaining health to use. I'm pretty sure Paladin immunity lasted for much longer and didn't take any health to activate. Paladin's were also a heavy armor class who could use a shield and had heals. In addition, the Marauder can still be stunned, rooted, snared, knocked back, pulled, etc, which the Paladin bubble gave immunity to. Any comparison of Undying Rage to the Paladin Divine Shield (or whatever it was called) is selective memory at best. The abilities are nothing alike and you should feel bad for being so disingenuous. Marauders are a squishy melee DPS class without stealth who are worthless without their cooldowns. Your solution: nerf the cooldowns! Edited by CaptainInsano

AoE stun, force choke, Warzone medpacs/self healing tick? Get a clue bro, that class is op.

The class is overpowered, yes. It is not overpowered because of this ability though. This thread is people who don't understand a class seeing that class is powerful and picking the ability that frustrates them the most and pointing to that being why they're overpowered.

what if the marauder pushes you to a different level. leaps to you. and pops it there? we can play this "if" pvp game all day. regardless its stupid that a dps class gets a full dmg output godmode ability while being healed.

ok, now I am sure you are trolling. Good job btw.

PS. Marauders dont have push. Juggs dont have Undying rage. Focusing marauder before healer = l2p. UD = no problem.

yes its good. But its not like every other class doesnt have something that makes them viable.

No other class has anything close to this, other than assassins, and their defensive ability makes them immune to heals so it's not even in the same league.

In a competitive environment, there is ALWAYS a healer in the equation, so any scenario involving "no healer", is irrelevant.

Guarded by the Force (and whatever Marau version is called) only lasts 5 seconds, reduces damage by 99%, and halves your current health when activated...

it does NOT make you immune to CC during this time...

If Guarded by the Force is causing you problems, its a l2play issue

AoE stun, force choke, Warzone medpacs/self healing tick? Get a clue bro, that class is op.

I worded my post very carefully. We have an AOE mez. It breaks on damage, which is why we can't CC our TARGET (like I stated). Force choke is indeed a 3 second stun. You're completely ignoring the fact that's it's interruptible and effectively stuns the user, too.

As for warzone medpacks, I don't quite understand your point. Everyone has access to these and it shouldn't make a difference whether you use it during UD or outside of it. The self-healing ticks are minimal. They aren't going to make a noticeable effect in any single competitive counter like what I'm talking about. And they are limited to only 1 out of the 3 available specs.

Regardless, listing random abilities doesn't really state a point IMO.

ok, now I am sure you are trolling. Good job btw.

PS. Marauders dont have push. Juggs dont have Undying rage. Focusing marauder before healer = l2p. UD = no problem.

QFT

People don't even know the differences between warrior ac's.

This "bubble" lasts for 5 seconds and takes half the Marauders remaining health to use. I'm pretty sure Paladin immunity lasted for much longer and didn't take any health to activate. Paladin's were also a heavy armor class who could use a shield and had heals. In addition, the Marauder can still be stunned, rooted, snared, knocked back, pulled, etc, which the Paladin bubble gave immunity to. Any comparison of Undying Rage to the Paladin Divine Shield (or whatever it was called) is selective memory at best. The abilities are nothing alike and you should feel bad for being so disingenuous. Marauders are a squishy melee DPS class without stealth who are worthless without their cooldowns. Your solution: nerf the cooldowns!

Paladin's give you a debuff, you can't bubble then use another cooldown that activates the same debuff, and vise versa (I can't remember the names it's been a few years).

There's nothing that prevents a marauder from chaining cooldowns one after the other.

Edited by anwg

Holy ****! I always thought this ability was a talented skill, but it's a *********** baseline ability for all mara/sents? WHAT THE **** BW?!?!??!

So a sent gets saberward (same as my guadian) AND guarded by the force, and if they spec into watchman (which most do), they can make their force camo give 100% red damage which lasts 4 sec. That is some serious ********.

Why is my guardian way easier to kill than a sent?

Edited by Smashbrother

Paladin's give you a debuff, you can't bubble then use another cooldown that activates the same debuff, and vise versa (I can't remember the names it's been a few years).

There's nothing that prevents a marauder from chaining cooldowns one after the other.

People still compare UD to Divine Shield and SWTOR to WOW.

Give Marauders a casting heal and 10 sec duration on the 'bubble" also heavy armor and immunity to all cc while within and i think they will trade it for the pala version with joy.

@OP,comparing two different classes from different games in different pvp scenarios...yea what a great idea:confused:

And btw ,how about CC the mara/sent while in the (5 sec OMG I KNOW) bubble?

Ofc it needs some basic thinking not to fill their resolve bar(or do it early and timed ) with spamming every possible cc ,but that's an other story in a galaxy far..far away!

No other class has anything close to this, other than assassins, and their defensive ability makes them immune to heals so it's not even in the same league.

In a competitive environment, there is ALWAYS a healer in the equation, so any scenario involving "no healer", is irrelevant.

So your gripe isn't even with Marauders putting out a little bit of damage during UD but just the fact that they can be healed to full?

Again, why are you trying to kill a Marauder before you take care of the healer? A Marauder is completely vulnerable to peeling if you do it effectively with CC. Even if said Marauder is resolve capped, you can apply roots and still slow them. Roots don't allow them to leap. A Marauder dealing no damage is not contributing anything to the fight other than expending your CC's.

But let's go back for a bit. Let's assume you DO want to focus down a Marauder even when there's a healer still active (for whatever reason). UD is predictable in its usage. A Marauder is typically going to activate it near the end of his health pool. You can have 2 players save their highest bursting ability for when the Marauder is at 30% HP and nuke him down before he even gets to UD. This is even easier if you can CC him before that final burst. This is JUST an example.

Again, there are limitations. UD isn't versatile in its usage. Its weakness is mainly in its PREDICTABILITY.

Edited by Swarna

I have a better question for you, why is EVERY other class in the game easier to kill than a sent?

I don't even bother attacking them anymore, because it's just 10 seconds of wasted dps that I could have done to another class that will actually die from focus fire.

When the dps would rather focus the juggernaut or the guarded healer instead of the squishy medium armor melee class, you know something is wrong.

Holy ****! I always thought this ability was a talented skill, but it's a *********** baseline ability for all mara/sents? WHAT THE **** BW?!?!??!

So a sent gets saberward (same as my guadian) AND guarded by the force, and if they spec into watchman (which most do), they can make their force camo give 100% red damage which lasts 4 sec. That is some serious ********.

Simple answer: cause of the class design.

You didnt mentioned what spec are you play on your juggernaut. As you cry about survivability i guess you are rage what is a dps spec. I reccoment to you to try Immortal or vengeance/immortal hybrid so you wont have problems with survivability.

I have a better question for you, why is EVERY other class in the game easier to kill than a sent?

I don't even bother attacking them anymore, because it's just 10 seconds of wasted dps that I could have done to another class that will actually die from focus fire.

When the dps would rather focus the juggernaut or the guarded healer instead of the squishy medium armor melee class, you know something is wrong.

this^

First understand

operatives/shadow/mara are 1x1 class and can beat easy another player in 1x1

operatives can respec for healer

shadown can respec for Tank

Operative and shadow are 100% stealth and have a high burst damage huge advantage vs mara/sentinel if you cant beat a mara as operative for sure you are bad

The nerf should come to Guardian/jugger since they hit almost 7k in multiple targets and use heavy armor

First understand

Operative and shadow are 100% stealth and have a high burst damage huge advantage vs mara/sentinel if you cant beat a mara as operative for sure you are bad

The nerf should come to Guardian/jugger since they hit almost 7k in multiple targets and use heavy armor

make your own thread then and dont let the....nvm. just leave.

The simplest answer is that they aren't any easier than marauder/sentinel. Every class can be countered. If you're having issues with a particular spec of a particular class, do some research on the breadth of their abilities, then theorycraft some counters. Once you're done, set up some duels to test it out and practice.

UD's use is predictable. Because it's predictable, it can be planned for.

Edited by AGoldCrayon

Nope.

Shadows are the hardest class to kill, and the best 1v1 duel class (duel meaning everyone having all their CDs).

There was a 1v1 tournament on this.

Shadows has light armor.

trolololololololol.

Someone got his xxx kicked by a marauder.

Marauder trade all the utility controling tools for dmg and dmg mitigation cds.

Pls. Oh pls! P L S :/

Learn how to premade. Team up.

NEVER GO 1X1.

premades are where the mara/sent problem is going to shine son. havent you been paying attention? losing to a class isn't the issue. this isnt an "omg i got 2 shot by an operative" thread. those threads are so 2 months ago. same type of responses though as yours. they still got the nerf bat. go figure eh.

First understand

As BW stated no nerf will come for Guardian/Juggernaur in 1.2. Theyalso said they will do some review on TM/GR spammer mercenaries/commandos.

Will you ever directly respond to my previous posts?

Anyways, Marauders ARE extremely hard to kill. But it's easy to shut them down and prevent them from dealing damage.

See my previous posts.

Selective memory and random examples don't really help your argument. A tank Jugg is not easier to kill than a Marauder assuming both are getting heals (otherwise by that logic you'd rather have a Marauder ball-carry). A Rage spec'd Jugg damage deals more burst damage than a Rage spec'd Marauder, but the Marauder gets the benefit of more survivability with CD's. It also makes sense that focusing down a healer (guarded or not) is easier than focussing down any other target because you're killing the primary source of sustain for the group and at the same time causing pushback and interrupting their heals in the process. Why WOULDN'T you try to kill the healer first in that specific case?

Edited by Swarna