Mara/Pally Bubble needs to be looked at(Undying Rage)

kiroshei

omgwtfbbqoshyte button

if this ability was being used that way it wouldnt be a problem. its not though. its being used as an offensivelolyouredead ability. the only time its a defensive button is when the mara is alone with no healer.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha ok, give us the ability to heal from 10% to 100% and then call it a pally bubble. Right now, if you make it solely defensive, it's essentially useless; you just delay your death by 4 seconds. The ability is basically the marauder version of last stand; when you see it popped, try to CC or knockback the marauder and in a few seconds, finish him off.

Paladins are a completely different class, and comparing two abilities from two separate games is disingenuous at best. If you want to make an argument for why UR is OP, make it about UR; don't compare it to something that it barely resembles. Marauders can't heal like paladins. The ability is clearly meant to give marauders a last few seconds of damage output; honestly, I can't read bioware's minds, but I doubt it was meant to be a defensive/go heal ability at all.

Let me heal myself from 1% to 100% in 3 seconds then call it a pally bubble.

Edited by Anbokr

I was never not calm. lol. Really.

The way you posted appeared very not calm. Obviously I can't tell whether you're calm or not with 100% certainty, but fast typing with many typos, generalizations, assumptions, and typing in a huge clump of text (all of which you did), are all signs that the poster is not simply "not calm", but fuming with rage to the point of not being able to think straight. So while you were or weren't calm, your posts heavily implied you were a fuming ball of rage.

Type more calmly if you are more calm. You expect people to read 10 pages of your thread, yet you feel you don't have to proof-read anything you type?

Oh so now the argument changes to pocket healers and a full resolve bar?

Way to change the conversation arguments when things aren't looking good your way :o

sorry smokinggoose. this subject has already been touched on before you. yes i know they can be cc'd but a good mara pvper isn't going to pop this offensively if his resolve is empty. thats the point. resolve bar full. cc break. undying rage. medpack. profit. throw in a pocket healer which any premade has and its lawl all day. understand? or should i go back to page 2 where i stated this already for you. which you ignored. if you expect me to defend my pvp capability against forum trolls then youre going to be waiting a long time. maybe if i post this on every page though you'll get it.

The way you posted appeared very not calm. Obviously I can't tell whether you're calm or not with 100% certainty, but fast typing with many typos, generalizations, assumptions, and typing in a huge clump of text (all of which you did), are all signs that the poster is not simply "not calm", but fuming with rage to the point of not being able to think straight. So while you were or weren't calm, your posts heavily implied you were a fuming ball of rage.

Type more calmly if you are more calm. You expect people to read 10 pages of your thread, yet you feel you don't have to proof-read anything you type?

iphone! lol assumptions are simply false. ya know.

OMG they found another thing to whine about. Like i keep saying no matter what BIO does these cry baby carebears are going to find something to whine about. It will never stop.

I got beat by a guy with a wet noodle for a weapon. Please nerf flour it makes the wet noodle weapon to powerful.

Edited by Badlander

This all basically translates to: I don't want to pay attention during a fight, I want to mash keys and bang bang dead people.

DPS

1. Marauder pop's UR
  2. I snare and kite for 4 seconds, or I stun
  3. I regen energy/heat
  4. UR comes off and I pop my big moves again

Healer

1. Marauder pop's UR
  2. I snare, cleanse and kite for 4 seconds, or I mez and heal
  3. I avoid incoming dmg and heal
  4. UR comes off and I go back to kiting and healing and DoT'ing the Marauder until I get help or he dies.

Tank

1. Marauder pop's UR
  2. I push or stun or stealth. UR nulified
  3. Back to tanking

Sad Terriblez

1. Marauder pop's UR
  2. I pound on him doing 8 damage while he obliterates me and heals back 20% of his health.
  3. I go to forums to QQ

iphone! lol assumptions are simply false. ya know.

Why does typing on an iphone mean you should have poor typing skills? They give you a full keyboard. It's not a text message (not that that sort of typing is acceptable in texts either, but that's another issue).

I don't know a single person who types poorly on their iphone but well on their computer. They either type poorly or they type well. So I find your "Iphone" excuse highly unlikely.

Haha ok, give us the ability to heal from 10% to 100% and then call it a pally bubble. Right now, if you make it solely defensive, it's essentially useless; you just delay your death by 4 seconds. The ability is basically the marauder version of last stand; when you see it popped, try to CC or knockback the marauder and in a few seconds, finish him off.

again. resolve bar full pops it offensively. whats funny is how maras are denying that they do this ALL the time. just like ret pally's denied doing it to finish opponents....see the comparison?

Seriously though lol. You know when the majority of replies is this insulting and negative that you have a problem on your hands. Not one reply has offered any constructive feedback as to how to make this a defensive ability and not currently the offensive ability its being used as.

Except you're apparently playing a different game than the rest of us.

The rest of us see Marauders and Sentinels using a defensive ability as a defensive ability when they have very low HP.

If there's a healer nearby, it's often being popped to reduce the odds of being KO'd before being healed (same as anyone else would use a defensive CD).

If there isn't, it's being used with a medpack to get a chance to escape or finish a target that's already at low HP. More often than not, it just means someone else gets a chance to respawn 2-3 seconds sooner than the Marauder/Sentinel.

Other than 2 CCs on long timers (one of which is channeled, and thus pretty crappy outside of a group setting, which pretty well negates this whole UR/GBTF argument), the only tool a Marauder has is to smash things and make them dead. It shouldn't be surprising that the Marauder uses the only tool available to it when escape isn't a viable option.

Especially when you consider that Resolve does nothing to stop slows and roots, and any Marauder/Sentinel running for safety with UR/GBTF up is going to be slowed, rooted, and smoked.

The only way a Marauder is pulling multiple kills out of UR is if there are 2-3 of your teammates sitting around at 10% HP or less, which means there's more going on than just 1 Marauder, and the issue isn't a defensive CD.

This all basically translates to: I don't want to pay attention during a fight, I want to mash keys and bang bang dead people.

DPS

1. Marauder pop's UR
  2. I snare and kite for 4 seconds, or I stun
  3. I regen energy/heat
  4. UR comes off and I pop my big moves again

Healer

1. Marauder pop's UR
  2. I snare, cleanse and kite for 4 seconds, or I mez and heal
  3. I avoid incoming dmg and heal
  4. UR comes off and I go back to kiting and healing and DoT'ing the Marauder until I get help or he dies.

Tank

1. Marauder pop's UR
  2. I push or stun or stealth. UR nulified
  3. Back to tanking

Sad Terriblez

1. Marauder pop's UR
  2. I pound on him doing 8 damage while he obliterates me and heals back 20% of his health.
  3. I go to forums to QQ

wrong. but nice try. ty for your input :)

This. QFE. Whatever.

Also..........

if this ability was being used that way it wouldnt be a problem. its not though. its being used as an offensivelolyouredead ability. the only time its a defensive button is when the mara is alone with no healer.

Only stupid Marauders do that. And if you die in 5 seconds or less to ANY Marauder, then I'd wager you're in level 40 GREENS. Because even an Annihilation Marauder with 3 stack of Annihilator, Deadly Saber ready to go, rupture up, essentially able to unload EVERYTHING on you, even THEY can't take someone, in Champion or better, from 100% to 0% inside 5 seconds. Hell, 100% to 50% is a *********** AWESOME run for even Battlemaster Marauders. Granted, I've seen Rorshak rock some people's worlds. But again, those people were fresh.

I reiterate, only a moron would WILLINGLY take that 50% HP loss for 5 seconds of invincibility if they're above 10%-15%. I honestly cannot see ANY situation where that would end well. ANY situation at all. Even if the Mara DOES kill you, what about that dude behind you?

i know they can be cc'd but a good mara pvper isn't going to pop this offensively if his resolve is empty

What, you think a marauder isn't going to pop Undying Rage when he's about to die if his resolve bar isn't full because he might get CC-d after? O_o

Also use it offensively? If you don't use it at low HP you lose more then you gain, how can you possibly use it as anything but a last resort life saver?

again. resolve bar full pops it offensively. whats funny is how maras are denying that they do this ALL the time. just like ret pally's denied doing it to finish opponents....see the comparison?

You can't control your resolve bar bro. If I'm at 70% with full resolve, I'm not popping undying rage, sorry. If I'm at 10% with half resolve bar, I'm popping undying rage. You make it sound like resolve fills up instantly or at the whim of the marauder; sure it's nice when the stars align and you end up at 20% or less health with resolve full and get to pop UR--but that doesn't happen very often.

The ability is a straight up last stand for a dps, the last few seconds of dps.

Edited by Anbokr

I read the first few pages or so before getting bored, I am a sentinel and seriously, you can't ask for a nerf with our class, at the moment, we are the hardest class to play. Yes this ability is powerful. But looking at the class in general we are NOT an overpowered class, we have a lack of stuns/cc, we struggle at AOE, we need to be near you to deal damage, use this against us, stay away from us. If you are a good player, we will spend 90% of the game chasing people and dying, we are not a "tough" class, we have medium armour, and we only have 1 real gap closer unless you include camo.

throw in a pocket healer and all your rebuttals are jokes. sorry. with all the knockbacks and stuns being thrown around in pvp full resolve bar is quite often. as is using this ability offensively and not defensively Edited by kiroshei

You can't control your resolve bar bro. If I'm at 70% with full resolve, I'm not popping undying rage, sorry. If I'm at 10% with half resolve bar, I'm popping undying rage. You make it sound like resolve fills up instantly or at the whim of the marauder; sure it's nice when the stars align and you end up at 20% or less health with resolve full and get to pop UR--but that doesn't happen very often.

The ability is a straight up last stand for a dps, the last few seconds of dps.

****, on my server, change that to doesn't happen EVER.

Just a quick weigh-in from a Kinetic Tank:

1. This ability gives Sentinels/Marauders better survivability under focus fire than anything in Kinetic's arsenal.

2. They should take a pretty significant hit to damage while it is active but also be immune to all controlling effects for the duration (snares, roots, stuns, mezzes).

3. It shouldn't cost them any health to use.

4. It should be useable while CC'ed, though it shouldn't break the CC (it should prevent the application of new ones in respect to suggestion #2).

5. They should get a burst of speed while it is active.

6. It should have a dramatically noticeable graphic for its duration.

throw in a pocket healer and all your rebuttals are jokes. sorry. with all the knockbacks and stuns being thrown around in pvp full resolve bar is quite often. as is using this ability offensively and not defensively

Worst argument ever.

Pocket healers aren't that common, and generally are not an ideal use of a teammate. They're better off doing something else besides bird-dogging a Sentinel/Marauder.

Oh quit QQ'ing. Throw in a pocket healer for ANY class and they go godmode.

Please.

nope. i still die pretty consistently while focus fired even with a pocket healer. this ability though is godmode. ty though.

Worst argument ever.

Pocket healers aren't that common, and generally are not an ideal use of a teammate. They're better off doing something else besides bird-dogging a Sentinel/Marauder.

so in rated warzones when every team has healers you dont see this ability having 100% dmg output being a problem? really?