Mara/Pally Bubble needs to be looked at(Undying Rage)

kiroshei

99% damage reduction lol. You know what this tells me in terms of what the Devs were thinking here.

Dev 1 - "Ok guys, we have a class that we want to make the best dps class for the game but they are melee and don't have stealth. Any suggestions? "

Dev 2 - "Lets give them a brief immunity."

Dev 3 - "Eh. We all know what the MMO community will say about immunity. No go. How about a near complete damage reduction? Say 99%?"

Dev 2 - "Brief? 5 seconds sounds about right."

Dev 3 - "How about we take half of their health giving the impression that it's a penalty?"

Dev 2 - " Well that could work I guess. They can still be CC'd after all and we gave CC to every single class in the game."

Dev 1 - "Sounds balanced."

Moments later...

MMO community - "DERP!"

Sounds about right.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be the point in the ability if we had no real damage output during it, when we use it we know we are going to die. Its a last stand, if not long enough for us to get away from a decent player.

The point of the ability is to be used defensively. You shouldnt be using it to kill opponents. You should be using it to survive dire situations. Right now its not being used to survive the majority of the time because its already on CD for being used to kill a few ppl. Same as rets used to do. Whats worse is the cooldown is fast and gets reduced by the pvp set. Making it used all that much more often. Hell, keep it the way it is but increase the cooldown to 4 minutes. Personally i'd rather leave it alone and just have a dmg/healing reduction.

They should just make it so that all damage received is reduced to 99%, all healing received is reduced to 99% as well (Watchman/Annhiliation, I'm looking at you being godmode getting back 24%).

That's my only gripe with the ability tbh. I personally find the amount of knockbacks worse than this one, powerful, cooldown.

How would it be used defensively. using the new design you have, we LOSE 50% health, we lose 50% damage, we survive and extra 4 seconds to try run away, we get stunned or rooted, we die.

Wow, that would make this ability 100% pointless

Yes and using the ability now where a whole team cant kill you is working as intended? I'm not saying my idea is perfect. I just want the pvp team to rethink it. Maybe like the other guy said just reduce healing by 100% so it cant be abused with pocket healers and medpacks. If you have any suggestions other then its fine and l2p....feel free.

as if the hp loss matters. the hp loss is a joke. thats why most mara's in huttball use the ability at 10% hp to make it even more of a joke. use your medpack and get one heal and its already pointless that you even lost the hp to begin with. there is no "omg i should reconsider using this ability". that however isn't the main problem. the main problem is those that have the heals that use it at 50% and dont care. incoming ventrilo "hey johnny going to pop this get some hots up" ....

if you dont agree its OP for a dps to get full dps while this ability is up fine. i think youre wrong though and it will be abused in rated.

Aye dropping 25% of my health and putting a potentially life saving ability on cd for no apparent reason while laughing on vent is how all the good marauders do it.

Please "nerf" us with that awesome suggestion. :p

Yes and using the ability now where a whole team cant kill you is working as intended? I'm not saying my idea is perfect. I just want the pvp team to rethink it. Maybe like the other guy said just reduce healing by 100% so it cant be abused with pocket healers and medpacks. If you have any suggestions other then its fine and l2p....feel free.

If 1 guy can kill your whole team in 4 seconds something is wrong. This class needs the least nerfing of all the classes, when a sent/mara pops it, try to stay away from them, yes they can leap (assuming its not on CD) but even then, root them, or just kite them, its really not as hard as it sounds. This class needs this ability to give them the survivability it needs pre-level 40 or so.

Aye dropping 25% of my health and putting a potentially life saving ability on cd for no apparent reason while laughing on vent is how all the good marauders do it.

Please "nerf" us with that awesome suggestion. :p

90 seconds cooldown for 99% ALL dmg reduction....yep thats such a long time. must be hard to be able to use it all the time. hey lets just make it so it only reduces white dmg instead. that way my force abilities break through and do full dmg. why is your force so much stronger then my force? lol

tell me good sir how you kite a melee class that can just jump to you? please teach me youre ways. want to know! lol cmon now you can do better then this. i'm completely fine with maras being good ball carriers. as i've said its just that this ability isnt used defensively. its used offensively. which is the same reason blizz nerfed the pally bubble and pally's got upset. it wasnt being used as intended.

No, you're just bad at this game.

So far you've mistaken the name of the ability, stated that Mara's can leap to you with no cooldown and cannot be kited, stated that Maras can kill multiple people in the course of 6 seconds, and stated that some phantom Mara has a 31-31-31 build (multiple leaps with no deadzone and extended duration on Undying Rage)

You've also said that the skill is OP when a Mara is low on health, has a healer, has multiple low health opponents (the only way someone can get multiple kills in 6 seconds), is likely supported by other DPS and is not CCd or kited in any way.

6 seconds is 4 GCDs, all done in melee range. You and/or your team is awful if one Mara can kill multiple enemies in 4 GCDs as you claim. The infamous SmashBomb/Carnage/Annihilation spec Mara at work?

Signs point to you being terrible.

It's a whopping 4-6 seconds. Like it was said before, there are more powerful things in this game. And if your team is so bad that 3 people are stupid enough to stand in melee range of a marauder using his last ditch attempts to accomplish something before death then they deserve to die.

If 1 guy can kill your whole team in 4 seconds something is wrong. This class needs the least nerfing of all the classes, when a sent/mara pops it, try to stay away from them, yes they can leap (assuming its not on CD) but even then, root them, or just kite them, its really not as hard as it sounds. This class needs this ability to give them the survivability it needs pre-level 40 or so.

i dont think any class should be able to survive an entire team attacking them unless they are tanks. thats my opinion. but here we are. a dps class has a tanking ability. i'm not playing this perfect world pvp scenerio you and others keep mentioning. its pointless. good pvpers only use certain abilities when its an extreme advantage.

i dont think any class should be able to survive an entire team attacking them unless they are tanks. thats my opinion.

So because an ability exists that doesn't fit YOUR idea of game design, it's CLEARLY overpowered!

Thank god you'll never be involved in game development.

Edited by EternalFinality

No, you're just bad at this game.

So far you've mistaken the name of the ability, stated that Mara's can leap to you with no cooldown and cannot be kited, stated that Maras can kill multiple people in the course of 6 seconds, and stated that some phantom Mara has a 31-31-31 build (multiple leaps with no deadzone and extended duration on Undying Rage)

You've also said that the skill is OP when a Mara is low on health, has a healer, has multiple low health opponents (the only way someone can get multiple kills in 6 seconds), is likely supported by other DPS and is not CCd or kited in any way.

6 seconds is 4 GCDs, all done in melee range. You and/or your team is awful if one Mara can kill multiple enemies in 4 GCDs as you claim. The infamous SmashBomb/Carnage/Annihilation spec Mara at work?

Signs point to you being terrible.

bahahhaha cool story. can we have another?

So because an ability exists that doesn't fit YOUR idea of game design, it's CLEARLY overpowered!

Thank god you'll never be involved in game development.

ya know i remember an attitude like that about operatives when their nerf threads showed up. guess what. they still got nerfed. what you all fail to realize is you are bringing this to the attention of the pvp team everytime you post. whether it be constructive, thoughtful, insulting or just plain immature. so ty lol

Its not a tanking ability, its a "oh s***, I am dead, might as well take someone down with me" ability, and can be countered in so many different ways, when they pop it, DONT ATTACK THEM!! avoid them, stun them, root them, but dont face them face on, if thats what you are doing then you deserve to die.

Its not a tanking ability, its a "oh s***, I am dead, might as well take someone down with me" ability, and can be countered in so many different ways, when they pop it, DONT ATTACK THEM!! avoid them, stun them, root them, but dont face them face on, if thats what you are doing then you deserve to die.

i understand this completely. which is why this is a "perfect pvp world without any dynamic pvpers" post....

Edited by kiroshei

i understand this completely. which is why this is a perfect pvp world without any dynamic pvpers post....

Oh funny, but seriously, get over yourself, this ability is working as intended, it can be stopped without being in a perfect pvp world, if you cant see that, L2P