Mara/Pally Bubble needs to be looked at(Undying Rage)

kiroshei

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick weigh-in from a Kinetic Tank:

1. This ability gives Sentinels/Marauders better survivability under focus fire than anything in Kinetic's arsenal.

2. They should take a pretty significant hit to damage while it is active but also be immune to all controlling effects for the duration (snares, roots, stuns, mezzes).

3. It shouldn't cost them any health to use.

4. It should be useable while CC'ed, though it shouldn't break the CC (it should prevent the application of new ones in respect to suggestion #2).

5. They should get a burst of speed while it is active.

6. It should have a dramatically noticeable graphic for its duration.

1. Never played that spec so can't say

2 - 6. Unless you make ALL those changes, it should stay as is. It already has a noticeable graphic, or did you not see me turn black and glow red? Also we already have Predation, so how would you then balance this new thing with Force Camo + Predation? Those two ALREADY stack to +80% movement speed which stacks with the predation of other Marauders. Meaning with this we'd essentially get Force Speed. I'm of the opinion that it'd make me nigh unkillable because i'd just stack-pop it all and G.T.F.O. which I already do. This'd just make it easier.

Ultimate point comes down to that you can't change this ability and not be buffing it at the same time. You can't make it LESS offensive and MORE defensive without giving guys like me who DO use it defensively a de facto buff.

personally i liked the not losing hp but getting a 50% dmg reduction suggestion. that seemed to be the most balanced fix so far. or just put it high on the tanking tree like another suggested. its not like a tank is going to whipe you out in a few globals. a mara can. Edited by kiroshei

Just a quick weigh-in from a Kinetic Tank:

1. This ability gives Sentinels/Marauders better survivability under focus fire than anything in Kinetic's arsenal.

2. They should take a pretty significant hit to damage while it is active but also be immune to all controlling effects for the duration (snares, roots, stuns, mezzes).

3. It shouldn't cost them any health to use.

4. It should be useable while CC'ed, though it shouldn't break the CC (it should prevent the application of new ones in respect to suggestion #2).

5. They should get a burst of speed while it is active.

6. It should have a dramatically noticeable graphic for its duration.

This is essentially what needs to be done.

It should truly be a defensive ability and not so much an ability that is a free pass to do whatever with no penalties.

Don't take their health away and reduce their damage output making it completely a defensive ability.

This is essentially what needs to be done.

It should truly be a defensive ability and not so much an ability that is a free pass to do whatever with no penalties.

Don't take their health away and reduce their damage output making it completely a defensive ability.

agreed. there were some over the top suggestions in that persons post but i'm sure the pvp team can take the good from the bad ones.

nope. i still die pretty consistently while focus fired even with a pocket healer. this ability though is godmode. ty though.

Well no ****in ****, EVERYONE dies if the whole team is wailing on them. You're using generalities to prove your point.

Hey, you know what? Prove us all wrong. Post SCREENSHOTS of your gear, stats, toolbar setup, Talent tree..............help us help you. Eliminate those things as considerations, then we can talk tactics. Most people here, with some exceptions, would say that Undying Rage is fine the way it is. Because it can be outplayed.

You're calling for a nerf over something you don't seem to be willing to admit CAN be beaten, something that is highly situational, and something that already has a fairly steep cost to it.

wrong. but nice try. ty for your input :)

You're the one crying about it, I have no problem dealing with it on either my own Marauder or my Powertech. Just because you don't want to admit that you're not very good and can't handle a very, very basic ability that extends the fight for 4 seconds doesn't mean that you get to excuse the "L2P" part of your problem.

I'm surprised everyone fell for this troll post. When the OP said it "immuned" anything that was the tip off.

It's doesn't immune anything. It reduces incoming damage by 99% for 5 seconds at the cost of 50% of your current hp.

And even more disturbing he suggested it was the same as Paladin bubble, which actually did immune you to EVERYTHING for a longer period.

Edited by EternalFinality

How is this game wow? Its gameplay is not like WoW, the classes are not like WoW, what makes it WoW? Having cast bars, action bars, flashpoints?

And for all this QQ.. have you played a marauder? Try playing one, get it to 50, get BM gear and go play some. Then come back and tell me if our abilities are OP or not, tnx.

hey!

Stop complaining. If they use their guarded by the force it means it's their last resort. knockback, slow, cc. After 5 seconds they are dead. Thats how you beat them. Its not OP. You're just mad bc it takes a bit of actual skill to defeat them.

lolnewb

Well no ****in ****, EVERYONE dies if the whole team is wailing on them. You're using generalities to prove your point.

Hey, you know what? Prove us all wrong. Post SCREENSHOTS of your gear, stats, toolbar setup, Talent tree..............help us help you. Eliminate those things as considerations, then we can talk tactics. Most people here, with some exceptions, would say that Undying Rage is fine the way it is. Because it can be outplayed.

You're calling for a nerf over something you don't seem to be willing to admit CAN be beaten, something that is highly situational, and something that already has a fairly steep cost to it.

i'm full battlemaster assassin. never used ilum other then for armaments. warzoned my whole way. i would post about sorcs/sages problems but its already been posted. this is one clear problem that hasnt been touched by the pvp community that i've noticed in the past few months. this will be OP in rated warzones. an entire team can focus fire a mara with a pocket healer and he will survive. hes not a tank. its not intended. just because you like to be able to roflstomp ppl while being immune doesnt make it right. sorry man. i know youre offended and youre used to it now but it has to be looked into. there has to be a fix for it.

the facts are this. 50% dmg reduction on this ability isn't bad at all. you are all freaking out(not all but the qqers and l2pers) because you DO THIS all the time. thats why you dont want it changed. same reason ret pally's didnt want the change. its roflstompfuntimes. if you dont admit it youre in denial.

Edited by kiroshei

bad ideas are bad stop the rage because someone pops it and killed you.

waaaah

thats all i am hearing.

if this gets nerfed i want whatever class you play to have all dmg cut down by 50% at all times since its only fair.

people cry over the dumbest things in this game.

or just put it high on the tanking tree

Right..the marauder tanking tree.

What?

Also please do "nerf" us with that suggestion because that would be an insanely overpowered buff for us. Getting 99% damage reduction every 75seconds with no cost? Hello huttball. :D

Edited by Mordresh

Right..the marauder tanking tree.

What?

Also please do "nerf" us with that suggestion because that would be an insanely overpowered buff for us. Getting 99% damage reduction every 75seconds with no cost? Hello huttball. :D

as if the hp loss matters. the hp loss is a joke. thats why most mara's in huttball use the ability at 10% hp to make it even more of a joke. use your medpack and get one heal and its already pointless that you even lost the hp to begin with. there is no "omg i should reconsider using this ability". that however isn't the main problem. the main problem is those that have the heals that use it at 50% and dont care. incoming ventrilo "hey johnny going to pop this get some hots up" ....

if you dont agree its OP for a dps to get full dps while this ability is up fine. i think youre wrong though and it will be abused in rated.

as if the hp loss matters. the hp loss is a joke. thats why most mara's in huttball use the ability at 10% hp to make it even more of a joke. use your medpack and get one heal and its already pointless that you even lost the hp to begin with. there is no "omg i should reconsider using this ability". that however isn't the main problem. the main problem is those that have the heals that use it at 50% and dont care. incoming ventrilo "hey johnny going to pop this get some hots up" ....

if you dont agree its OP for a dps to get full dps while this ability is up fine. i think youre wrong though and it will be abused in rated.

You know what's going to happen in rated? Someone will CC the Sentinel when they use it.

Like any competent player would.

hey!

Stop complaining. If they use their guarded by the force it means it's their last resort. knockback, slow, cc. After 5 seconds they are dead. Thats how you beat them. Its not OP. You're just mad bc it takes a bit of actual skill to defeat them.

lolnewb

It's not being a newb when you lose to them. This class above all else should succeed. Afterall they have the tools for it and that's why we are here right now.

If the mara/sent doesn't succeed then they need to l2p.

You know what's going to happen in rated? Someone will CC the Sentinel when they use it.

Like any competent player would.

and when you cant because he only popped it at full resolve what do you do then? oh. you run and kite....and he leaps to you....what do you do then? LOL god these "perfect pvp world" posts are a crack up.

Okay, so nerf one of the hardest classes to use well in this game? yep that sounds fair...

yeah because you losing your dps during your roflstomp bubble is going to completely destroy your class right? lol geez.

Then you root him, like any competent player does to Sentinels anyways.

WHOOSH! Thats the sound of it going way over your head. Thanks though.

Edited by kiroshei

and when you cant because he only popped it at full resolve what do you do then? oh. you run and kite....and he leaps to you....what do you do then? LOL god these "perfect pvp world" posts are a crack up.

You made a mistake in filling their resolve bar early and then not using roots to lock them in place. Your mistakes cost you. It's that easy.

yeah because you losing your dps during your roflstomp bubble is going to completely destroy your class right? lol geez.

What would be the point in the ability if we had no real damage output during it, when we use it we know we are going to die. Its a last stand, if not long enough for us to get away from a decent player.

I'm surprised everyone fell for this troll post. When the OP said it "immuned" anything that was the tip off.

It's doesn't immune anything. It reduces incoming damage by 99% for 5 seconds at the cost of 50% of your current hp.

And even more disturbing he suggested it was the same as Paladin bubble, which actually did immune you to EVERYTHING for a longer period.

99% damage reduction lol. You know what this tells me in terms of what the Devs were thinking here.

Dev 1 - "Ok guys, we have a class that we want to make the best dps class for the game but they are melee and don't have stealth. Any suggestions? "

Dev 2 - "Lets give them a brief immunity."

Dev 3 - "Eh. We all know what the MMO community will say about immunity. No go. How about a slight damage reduction? Say 99%?"

Dev 2 - "Slight? Ha!"

Dev 3 - "How about we take half of their health giving the impression that it's a penalty?"

Dev 2 - " Well that could work I guess. Lets see if the MMO community is ok with it."

Dev 1 - "Ok throw it against the wall and lets see if it sticks."

Moments later...

MMO community - "Nerf!"

Edited by Draeb

The ability wasnt well thought out. Its intent was to be a last ditch effort to give the maur/sent enough time to try and finish the opponent off before they die. Its intended to be used at low hp because of the 50% hp loss.

But what actualy happens is this. They pop the shield at low hp and lose a couple hundred hp. Then they use medpac or get healed while invuln and get back a large portion of there hp while keeping the shield up.

If you ask me keep this ability as is just reduce healing taken by 100% when the effect is up.