Mara/Pally Bubble needs to be looked at(Undying Rage)

kiroshei

Why? Because they exist in WoW clones? Guess what, GW2 is not a WoW clone! There are myriad ways to play, many different roles and builds, many different team comps etc.

There was a myriad of ways to combine classes in FFXI and FFXIV...That still didn't stop people from creating cookie cutter classes. Has absolutely nothing to do with WoW either. No matter how much customization you add to a game, people will ALWAYS create a cookie cutter build, there will always be that "best combo." ESPECIALLY in a game that's supposed to be tailored towards pvp. MMO players are obsessed with min/maxing and getting the highest potential out of their builds. If you think there won't be cookie cutters then you are being foolish and simply lying to yourself and hiding in ignorance.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much anyone reasonable is, if these skills arent adjusted it will be pretty one way pvp.

LoL and ME3 await and GW2 is not that far away :D

Everyone who disagrees with Mike is unreasonable understood. ME3 is here and GW2 can't get here soon enough...Good luck in GW2 bro.

Can't wait for the never ending "GW2ers" to move on GW2 and read those boards about "blankety/blank is around the corner GW2 sucks cause they don't do what I say" posts.

Everyone who disagrees with Mike is unreasonable understood. ME3 is here and GW2 can't get here soon enough...Good luck in GW2 bro.

Can't wait for the never ending "GW2ers" to move on GW2 and read those boards about "blankety/blank is around the corner GW2 sucks cause they don't do what I say" posts.

Ignore ScrubMike. All he does is recycle his statements over and over again. Just one of those female dogs that will never cease to bark.

There is a reason why blizzard nerfed the paladin bubble. Same reason Mara bubble needs to be fixed. You should not be able to do full dmg while being immune to pretty well everything. Make it so when a Mara uses this bubble its defensively and not offensively. Cut all damage and healing while bubble is up by 50%. I think its ok that you should be able to survive while its up but being able to kill multiple ppl while its up is just wrong and shouldnt be happening.

EDIT ****Good Constructive Feedback So Far*****

EDIT****Conclusion****

After 60+ pages and 17000+ views it has been concluded that a damage reduction perhaps isn't needed. The hp loss penalty as is isn't a penalty. Making it so a 99% healing reduction was added to this ability would fix the penalty so it would be working as intended. There hasn't been one mara/sent that has been able to debate this properly without using l2p scenarios. I urge the pvp team to consider this. For organized pvp this is one small step to an overall balance. Sure there are other issues that need to be attended to but clearly this has gotten the attention its deserved to be looked into. Hopefully BW & the pvp team can resolve this with what "they" think is a solution to this overpowered ability. No complete damage reductions were ever good for any ranked competitive pvp. If this isn't addressed you will most likely see a huge reroll of this class with threads to come after ranked warzones start. I trust the pvp team will be able to work it out.

I'm a sentinel and i approve this...

NO one should be commenting on this ability till they make a lvl 50 and use this in PvP and see how OP it is for you.

Spends 50% of current health to grant 99% damage reduction for 4 seconds. You can still be stunned you can still be snared you can still be killed.

How is this over powered? All other classes get countless stuns knock back CC's. You know what we get?

1. snare slowing the targets movement by 50% (every class seams to have this ability) Useful in pvp sure for closing the gap thats all.

2. Force charge and unless you tallent it you get a 1 second stun. Useless in pvp except for closing the gap and has a high cool down.

3. force choke useful but high cool down of 60 sec unless tallented

4. Intimidating Roar Paralyzes all nearby enemies in fear, preventing all action for up to 6 seconds. Damage ends the effect prematurely. Useless in 99% of PvP WZ situations. Any DoT brakes this any anything brakes this.

Now we have

Force Scream Blasts the target with a Force-enhanced scream, dealing X kinetic damage. In addition, standard and weak enemies are stunned and deafened for 4 seconds. DOESNT WORK IN PVP

Smash Smashes up to 5 enemies within 5 meters, dealing X kinetic damage. Also stuns weak and standard enemies for 1 second. DOESNT WORK IN PVP

Also when a target is stunned we CAN NOT (unlike other classes) use Savage Kick or Pommel Strike

So in all we have 1 very effective stun ability in PvP and thats force choke.

Now should I go through and list all the abilities and stuns other classes can use in PvP? It would be way longer then what my class has.

We have 3 ways to save our butts in PvP

Unleash Unleashes you from all incapacitating and movement-impairing effects. every class in the game has this ability so it doesnt count.

Force Camouflage decent cool down of 45 seconds. But you can still be stunned knocked back and take damage with in this. Only lasts 4 seconds at its max lvl. And you brake it on doing damage to some one. The only way you get the damage reduced is to talent this and it help but they are nerfing this in 1.2 so talented you get 100% damage reduction. They are now making it 50% only talented mind you.

Undying Rage Spends 50% of current health to grant 99% damage reduction for 4 seconds.

So one very useful ability for saving our own skins in PvP ONE thats it.

How many do other classes have? Its way way way more then our 1 ability.

Like i stated before go lvl to 50 play some pvp and you came back here and comment on this ability then our class will take you seriously. Oh you know whats fun in PvP getting chain stunned not being able to use our save my butt ability ya GG

Edited by aluisi

Maruaders are not Paladins, this isn't WOW nerfing there damage shields would cripple the class

1. There are many classes who can immobolize ad still hit its enemy we cant. If we damage them once the effect is gone.

2. The undying rage is effected by global cooldown. Many times you can have 50% or more hp left and start hitting the undying rage and still dont make it before you die.

3. I actually would like them do make undying rage uneffected by global cooldown. so nr 2 doesnt happen.

Summarize: the is a reason why marauder stats will be better after patch 1.2 in PvP and whether you like it or not we are die very often.

good maras never use the ability until they are at like 10% hp. so the half hp loss is a joke. most of the time when a person is that low in health their resolve bar is full too. i have yet to see this ability used to "get away" or "survive". I've only ever seen this ability used to kill someone. just like ret pallies used to do. it was laughable then and you'd think bioware would've realized it would be laughable now. so far the naysayers have yet to say anything remotely constructive so i guess i'll keep waiting for the defense on keeping it the way it is.

using comments like "youre bad" "l2p" just proves even more how wrong you are lol

You're like some guy who's stuck in WoW land, I don't even understand why you aren't still there playing the game. Everything you talk about is in WoW terms.... maybe you are just having trouble relating to A DIFFERENT GAME.

I've seen these threads before too, in WoW land. You propose an argument and seek to get feedback, but what you really have done is already made up your mind, and any argument to the contrary is rudely dismissed in the most derogatory fashion. You even refer to Bioware like they should have been aware of the ret pally and what they "used to do"..... damn dude not everyone lived WoW like you did.

Oh, and you really just need to l2p

Summarize: the is a reason why marauder stats will be better after patch 1.2 in PvP and whether you like it or not we are die very often.

Often is a understatement. Unless we have a pocket healer we die a Butt load. In lvl 50 PvP in a good match with heals I am lucky to walk away with 5 medals. Most the time its 3 to 4. In a typical match its 0 to 2. And before people say learn to PvP noob we get targeted first because we are so easy to keep locked down and easy to kill. We are a free medal to all classes but our own. When I join a PvP group and I see there are more then 3 marauders i leave the WZ to give the team a fighting chance. Other wise its a for sure loss.

You dont know how many times I have been in groups with people hearing them ***** about this ability and I say look it takes 50% of our current health to use and they go ohh well that sucks then.

Edited by aluisi

They nerfed our force camo (no longer prevents all dmg). They nerfed 80 percent transcendence/predation (mobility) in a tree we will actually be pvping with (annihilation/watchman).

We got nerfed in the patchnotes. Learn to read. LOL at anyone crying about sentinel/marauder survivibility (that just got nerfed) when we have 31 point tank sins/shadows aoe slowing entire teams, taking longer to kill, having a guard, having stealth, having a knockback, having a ranged stun, taunts and pretty damn good damage.

Sentinels/Marauders aren't going to be stacked. Tank sins/shadows wearing dps gear are...

LOL when the rankings come out and you see teams stockpiled with them. I will just say TOLD YOU SO.

Oh yeah we also have a 100 percent hard counter. It is called a sniper/slinger with an IQ over 75. We can't charge them, we can't interrupt them, they can go immune to force choke, and they have two knockbacks (if they use one ability HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE USED). What counters a sin/shadow? Nothing...Oh you can beat the bad ones in duels, but that is because they are *shocker* bad.

Cry more sage/sorc. We got nerfed as well in the tree we will STILL be pvping with. Difference? We don't threaten to quit the game and cry over it. Seek help.

Edited by biowareftw

You bro sound so nabbish ...

For some reason you forgot rebuke/cloak of shadows and the fact that everyone and their moms now are anni marauders with 100 % reduction on damage on force camouflage.

You lolpicture of marauder "weakness" can be believed only by you and nothing else.

Foir some reason you write current health in bold but it is LMAO. If it took good chunk of MAXIMUM HEALTH instead of current health - it would be justified.

Until then > - 100 % healing received for 12 sec (5 sec on lolability + 4 sec on camo + 3 sec just in case) and you can enjoy your cheese.

Edited by BambulaGTS

For some reason you forgot rebuke/cloak of shadows and the fact that everyone and their moms now are anni marauders with 100 % reduction on damage on force camouflage.

You lolpicture of marauder "weakness" can be believed only by you and nothing else.

Foir some reason you write current health in bold but it is LMAO. If it took good chunk of MAXIMUM HEALTH instead of current health - it would be justified.

Until then > - 100 % healing received for 12 sec (5 sec on lolability + 4 sec on camo + 3 sec just in case) and you can enjoy your cheese.

And you can't read patch notes. Force camo is being nerfed. So is 80 percent transcendence (which all the GOOD marauders/sents had).

BTW rebuke only lasts 6 seconds if you don't put a dot on the marauder/sent and just cc them. Every class has MULTIPLE CC's. I suggest trying to use one. I can 100 percent bend over any marauder/sent on my op/scoundrel just CC'ing their rebuke.

The problem? Some idiot tab dotting sage/sorc usually dots them up during it to make it last a long time. Why? Cus they are the same morons threatening to quit the game due to their class also getting nerfs.

Isn't that nice to go through the flames in huttball?

DING DING DING.

80 percent transcendence (jump over acid pool) charge the other team, aoe mez, force camo through fire, get thrown ball from teamate and scoring in under 30 seconds?

Hardly useless lol.

Both 80 percent transendence and force camo immunity will be gone.

Force camoing through fires to get ahead of the ball carrier, getting a pass and charging ressers was hardly "useless". It was "useless" for bad sent/marauders.

Undying Rage vs other hard cc in this game:

doing a hard stun while you can dps your immobilized opponent is equal to

doing a "cc" on yourself so you can dps during the effect.

So... Other hard CC is <<=>> to marauder "hard CC" on itself.

only diffrent is that a marauder lose 50% healt in the prossess.

Undying Rage is the only hard cc a marauder has. It just work in a diffrent way.

Of all hard cc, UR is the worst one since you lose 50% health.

I trade a 4 sec stun so i can dps free th target for UR anyday.

Running true fire was about 100 on force camo.

...sigh.... i wish sometimes all these baddies that spec'd 100 on FC with the intend "it is nice to run true fire" was playing on my server....

As some has posted, 1 point is enough. and now with free 50% on Camo. Anni got free points so spend elsewere

Okay you think I am nabbish whatever that is. I challange you "Bro" go lvl a marauder to 50 pvp and tell me how useful camo, cloak, rebuke and as you put it lolability is. Go try it I dare you to do it. I bet you a year of free game time the game in its current state and most likely after 1.2 your tune will change and you will be on the other end of the argument. And as for current health ya go do the math "bro" say i have 6k HP i use it what do i have? 3k left after a few seconds thats one hit from any other class and I am dead. unless i have a pocket healer my class is almost laughable in pvp. make a compelling argument as of why this stuff is still over powered and change my mind after you reached 50 and pvped for a while and you win.

Edited by aluisi