Ability delays back after patch today?

Vikassi

So I wasn't the only one who's suffering from this issue.

I wrote a detailed ticket to CS in game and expecting a hotfix or something like that soon. The issue is so obvious that it's almost in the state when the game first launched.

Playing a lvl 50 scoundrel on Eye of Ashlane. (name: Serseri)

I have 11 more days of play time right now and seriously considering not to extend it. Ability delay + scoundrel nerfs and lack of dev response + "effect condition failed" bug on backblast + stealth detection of bosses and some mobs that surpasses normal aggro range... Perhaps it's not worth holding on and waiting for BW to fix things.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed it on my warrior last night. Spamming a button just caused the GCD to half-reset over and over without the skill firing. Other times, I was sure I hit keybinds for abilties then looked down at my bars and noticed it/them still not on cooldown, so they obviously didnt fire.

I just thought my connection was crap last night or something.

Man, I sure hope I'm imagining things and these delay issues are not actually back. :(

After consulting with all of the fanboys, it has been determined that you are just a "hater" and should get a new computer.

...all of you. The fact that it's happening to several people, all of a sudden, after the patch, has no bearing on the idea that your issue could possibly be related to the patch.

The problem is you and your computer.

After consulting with all of the fanboys, it has been determined that you are just a "hater" and should get a new computer.

...all of you. The fact that it's happening to several people, all of a sudden, after the patch, has no bearing on the idea that your issue could possibly be related to the patch.

I read you wrong lol

Edited by skotish

Ability delay was never really "fixed" to begin with.

People have been saying that for a month now.

You can play a trooper and see first hand.

Late to the party you are.

Your referring specifically to the trooper...so you don't know that they have a team coming up with new animations to fix their ability delay, because that is the issue?

I blame Mass Effect 3. It has delayed all of my SWTOR abilities.

Indefinitely.

They still haven't fixed this yet? Unbelievable!

They seem to have made many improvements over the past many weeks... Enough to where they weren't bothering me. However, for me, some of the generic "delay issues" appeared to be back last night as the OP mentioned.

Delays are worse than before the patch. I also noticed when healing WZ's yesterday that a good number of my heals were not landing. I would cast it, the cast would finish, but no hp's were awarded to my target. This happened quite a few times.

Also, off topic, Master loot is still broken and so is the puzzle boss in EV8. Not that they are not able to be worked around but just another example of things that were supposed to be fixed and were not at all.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I love this foruns :)

I have no ability delay, but for some reason the game isnt using AA again. I have it set on high on both in game settings and CCC settings but i can just see the difference, im sure its not on. Edited by Akingza

On my sniper, shots are not hitting even though I get the animation, thought the dude just deflected/dodged it no doesn't even get teh popup saying they dodged/deflected it. Happened several times throughout the WZ. Knockback animations going off but no affect to those around me. Really annoying. Have 8 days till resub and don't think i'm going to extend it. I'll go back to LoL and DNDonline. Atleast you know what you are getting with them. THey may be free to play but they tend to be more reliable than this POS they call a game.

I definitely noticed the delay as well.

Additionally, some of my attacks don't land on the enemy even though I see the animation...anyone else experiencing this? It's not all the time, but only occasionally.

It was never fixed in the first place. It was improved but the problem is still there.

As a sorcerer I cast my channeled AoE frequently on packs of mobs. As it is now when channeling the ability I have to wait until it's completely done, then activate it again. It should be made so that I can click to select my target area, while channeling, and as soon as the last tick hits I instantly start again. Can't do this right now. I can time it close but it's not right and not smooth. I just solo casual play so it's not a big deal but it has to be addressed eventually.

It was never fixed in the first place. It was improved but the problem is still there.

As a sorcerer I cast my channeled AoE frequently on packs of mobs. As it is now when channeling the ability I have to wait until it's completely done, then activate it again. It should be made so that I can click to select my target area, while channeling, and as soon as the last tick hits I instantly start again. Can't do this right now. I can time it close but it's not right and not smooth. I just solo casual play so it's not a big deal but it has to be addressed eventually.

The aoe heal is a fail as well. If I am running and I hit the gtaoe heal I have to stop moving to cast it. The problem is I stop moving and immediately cast it, it does not cast, I have to stop, wait a second and then I can cast it. It has always been this way but it was worse yesterday.