Hi, I'm a sage.

Stratoforce

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so enlighten because like i said i dont believe a class a bad just a player not playing to the fullest. How well does a good marauder do?

A good maurader will destroy a good hybrid/dps sorcerer most of the time given equal gear and skill level. The sorc stands a decent chance of running away though.

A healing sorc/sage will stand no chance most of the time of even being able to get away, let alone sit there and heal through him/her without guard. You really cant even argue this. No insta whirlwind, no root on knockback, and no shield blindness on a heal spec sorc/sage. That directly equates to being unable to even run most of the time effectively.

Edited by pathiss

I actually expect sorcs to be avoided in rated warzones (except if you can pick hutball for every game).

A non pug team won't give you the change to make full use of your aoe abilies (and thats where the damage of a sorc comes from) or will have experienced enough healers, that know who the sorc is actually targeting and simply remove the dots from them. (bam damage gone)

As for sorc healer, since they are the squishiest and after the force bending fix won't be able to heal more than other healers they won't be favoured either.

Simply because in a non pug a healer will get focused.

A sorc focused by lets go straight to the worst case, a good marauder can't do ****

All heals are interruptable and 70%-80% will be interrupted by the marauder (if more than one guy hit the sorc, even more)

While a bh/trooper healer can continue his healing and wait for his buddies to kill the dps that went for the healer, a sorc has to run and try to get a few seconds away to get a heal trough.

If you play with more than one healer, trooper (i know i have an issue with htem^^) get even more effective, since bubble or not, in a fight that isn't finished withing the first 30sec mitigation of heavy armor is better than the bubble.

Even if the sorc was prepared and can pop another bubble, it's again a gbc wasted, force spend and no help for the team.

I know this will cause another rage wave of people who only see the skill tree and go all greedy and emo on the class but sorcs look nice on paper but only on the paper.

Vs pugs and people who don't play coordinated sorcs are awesome and much fun ... farmind cuddling enemies and getting nice dps on the chart at the end sadly doesn't actually help in a rated warzone where winning is >> than medals or high numbers with little effect.

I realy hope someone reads all this text :)

Lol my opinion doesnt change because ive yet to see a marauder demolish a sorcerer. Ive gotten ganged up o to be sure but ive yetto get taken down 1v1 by a mara. I do agree though that it seems maras need to focus more in playing. I dont think any particular class is bad but more either the player isnt good or they simply use their toon wrongly

Dont worry, once you actually meet good marauder/sentinel you will see what we talk about. Unfortunately there are waaaay to few of them, so because of that lot of people think they suck. If they play their class right sorc is pretty much 100% kill for them.

And yes, lot of people shelved their sorcs in awaiting ranked WZs, no more free pwning terribads so :D

Edited by GrandMike

...umm

Maybe their are no good murauders on your server cause your on a PvE server?

Wrong. I can kite myself for a very long time on a sorc if I am on the marauder. He is saying that by the time the marauder kills the sorc/sage in a 1 on 1?

Help is there. All it takes is 1 root/cc and you aren't killing him. The problem gets worse with each additional hybrid spec sorc/sage in the warzone. After about 4? Melee on the other team becomes pointless.

You are fooling yourself if you think marauders/sents who can lead dmg in your average warzone can't do more on the sage/sorc as well as die a hell of a lot less and play the class with ease.

I mean seriously..have you people got a marauder/sent past level 20? They have to press more then slash and autoswing later on...

He is absolutely right though. I will never die to a lone marauder/sent in a warzone. Because I will kite him back to help and in a group fight? LOL. Not happening. LOS is everywhere and I can heal to full behind all of it. In huttball? Even easier to never die.

The funny thing? Noone even wants the pure madness/balance spec nerfed and it would still be op in the hands of a good player. All they want is this hybrid nonsense gone and you people can't handle it.

Enjoy being nerfed to the ground due to all the reroll "metrics" and average dmg done by the class. I said in beta that this class needed the hybrid spec nerfed to prevent OVER NERFING later on due to backlash from the players. I got flamed then and I get flamed now.

Don't matter...This class is doomed now. Too many people playing them. It is like ret pallys in WoW all over again lol. Class didn't recover for years...

Oh and lol at the "we can't be nerfed cus we are the majority of players" sentiment. Why? Cus ranged in WoW are much harder to play/master. You people simply have nowhere else to go. They could nerf you to holy hell and you would still do better on these ranged then you would on a frost mage/hunter. BTW the other ranged are not OP. The only people calling for nerfs on commandos/mercs are bad sage/sorc. Calling another class faceroll is just laughable. This class is a joke to master. It is like they custom made it for little kids.

Hi , I'm a Vanguard. What you say simply isn't true. Actually I find muraders pretty easy to take down no matter what spec I'm running , tanky or dps. My alt is a sentinel so let me say this, it is much harder to play as a Sent/Murader than a Vanguard/Powertech. As a sent you have to try much harder to achieve the same result VGs/PTs achieve with relative ease. Consider also that PVP is rarely 1v1 and a Sent/Murader cannot deal with adds quite as well.

Sent/Marauder or well played Sin are the only classes that give my PT trouble.

No, not all Sents/Maras are alike, it's true. I already said this many times, myself. Even in the post you quoted.

A well-played Sent/Mara puts out the same dps as a well-played PT, but the difference is that a Sent/Mara has MUCH better, and far more defensive cds which will allow them to outlast a PT's dps, given equal skill levels.

Comparable dps, much better defenses. Not possible to kite them unless you are an AP PT.

Wrong. I can kite myself for a very long time on a sorc if I am on the marauder. He is saying that by the time the marauder kills the sorc/sage in a 1 on 1?

Help is there. All it takes is 1 root/cc and you aren't killing him. The problem gets worse with each additional hybrid spec sorc/sage in the warzone. After about 4? Melee on the other team becomes pointless.

You are fooling yourself if you think marauders/sents who can lead dmg in your average warzone can't do more on the sage/sorc as well as die a hell of a lot less and play the class with ease.

I mean seriously..have you people got a marauder/sent past level 20? They have to press more then slash and autoswing later on...

He is absolutely right though. I will never die to a lone marauder/sent in a warzone. Because I will kite him back to help and in a group fight? LOL. Not happening. LOS is everywhere and I can heal to full behind all of it. In huttball? Even easier to never die.

The funny thing? Noone even wants the pure madness/balance spec nerfed and it would still be op in the hands of a good player. All they want is this hybrid nonsense gone and you people can't handle it.

Enjoy being nerfed to the ground due to all the reroll "metrics" and average dmg done by the class. I said in beta that this class needed the hybrid spec nerfed to prevent OVER NERFING later on due to backlash from the players. I got flamed then and I get flamed now.

Don't matter...This class is doomed now. Too many people playing them. It is like ret pallys in WoW all over again lol. Class didn't recover for years...

Oh and lol at the "we can't be nerfed cus we are the majority of players" sentiment. Why? Cus ranged in WoW are much harder to play/master. You people simply have nowhere else to go. They could nerf you to holy hell and you would still do better on these ranged then you would on a frost mage/hunter. BTW the other ranged are not OP. The only people calling for nerfs on commandos/mercs are bad sage/sorc. Calling another class faceroll is just laughable. This class is a joke to master. It is like they custom made it for little kids.

Hmm,a actually, with that last comment, you come off more like a little kid :rolleyes:

Ever think that the fact that people didn't agree with you in beta , and don't agree with you now, could be because, you are, just maybe, wrong about some of your opinons?

And LOL at the "doomed class". I think you are stuck in WOW mentally, perhaps you need a fresh perspective.

TBH i can faceroll anyone at most times but Commandos are hard to kill. I mean there's this one commando who can kite me properly while healing. And everytime we fight on warzones especially 1 on 1, I get my asss handed to me everytime.

Huttball against 4 or more sorcs is the dumbest thing ever. 3 is really all it takes. Spawn...Slowed...70% health...45 lightning bolts....dead... sorc already on the other side of the map. Repeat.

Good thing it only happens 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time there are at least 4 mercs. /wrists

Huttball against 4 or more sorcs is the dumbest thing ever. 3 is really all it takes. Spawn...Slowed...70% health...45 lightning bolts....dead... sorc already on the other side of the map. Repeat.

Good thing it only happens 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time there are at least 4 mercs. /wrists

Gross exaggeration really does absolutely nothing to help your cause.

Do you honestly think that anyone believes this?

Sent/Marauder or well played Sin are the only classes that give my PT trouble.

No, not all Sents/Maras are alike, it's true. I already said this many times, myself. Even in the post you quoted.

A well-played Sent/Mara puts out the same dps as a well-played PT, but the difference is that a Sent/Mara has MUCH better, and far more defensive cds which will allow them to outlast a PT's dps, given equal skill levels.

Comparable dps, much better defenses. Not possible to kite them unless you are an AP PT.

I'll just speak from my experiences. I can kill mura/sents without too much trouble in either one of my dps specs or my tank specs. Tank takes a little longer but I swear , I don't even fall below half health and I just CC my way through his strong defensive cds.

As a matter of fact last night in hutt I killed two muraders , soloed 1 to about 10% then got the second as an add, I lived with about 15% health. To be fair I think the first one may have not had his CDs as he did not pop rebuke. The only time I died to a sent/murader is after my CDs were exhausted.

I am of the opinion that a prolonged fight favors us ( Vanguard/PT) over the Sent/Mura even if they are Watchman specced ( that is the hardest spec to fight against IMO).

Btw , the DPS spec I usually run with my Vanguard is 0/31/10 with Plasma Cell( Combustable cylinder). Right now I'm heavy 31 Assault ( Pyro) messing with some strats.

Fighting a Sent/Murader reminds me of fighting Tryndamere in LoL. If you don't know what you're doing you'll get rolled. If you understand how the class works its pretty easy.

I agree with a lot of the posters here though. Only a handful of people really know how to play the class correctly.

Edited by Zekoisop

I'll just speak from my experiences. I can kill mura/sents without too much trouble in either one of my dps specs or my tank specs. Tank takes a little longer but I swear , I don't even fall below half health and I just CC my way through his strong defensive cds.

As a matter of fact last night in hutt I killed two muraders , soloed 1 to about 10% then got the second as an add, I lived with about 15% health. To be fair I think the first one may have not had his CDs as he did not pop rebuke. The only time I died to a sent/murader is after my CDs were exhausted.

I am of the opinion that a prolonged fight favors us ( Vanguard/PT) over the Sent/Mura even if they are Watchman specced ( that is the hardest spec to fight against IMO).

Btw , the DPS spec I usually run with my Vanguard is 0/31/10 with Plasma Cell( Combustable cylinder). Right now I'm heavy 31 Assault ( Pyro) messing with some strats.

I had much, much better success with them when I was running as 2/21/18 w/ Hydraulic Overrides, as I could kite them for a good 12 seconds every 30. This is only because their snare and Force Leap root don't work at all.

As deep Pyro (2/12/26) they've become a good deal harder. Don't get me wrong, I can easily destroy most Marauders, but I chalk this mostly up to the class not being easy to play at a high level. You cannot kite a Anni Mara (Watchman Sent) because of the 0 minimum range on Force Leap and reduced cd.

When I come up against a good one, I find my health melts just as fast as theirs and it always comes down to who can squeak out the last bit of dps fastest.

When they pop their 99% damage reduction, they pull ahead in that race and there's no catching up.

I could use a bit more practice against them, I'm sure, but on my server, Maras generally eat PTs alive at high levels of play.

(Mind you, this is all experience from dps specs; Tank specs may do much better due to the mitigation from armor and talents.)

I only read half this thread and already I think I am a worse PvPer. I have been successfully trolled by half the posters on this useless thread.

Since I'm here..... It is obvious to point out the people who don't have a level 50 Sage/Sorc. It is slightly less obvious to point out the people who have a Sage/Sorc alt, but they are at least speaking with some knowledge... Perhaps they don't have an alt at all and are actually just good PvPers.

For the record, stop saying that Sorc/Sages can heal and dps.... its one or the other, pick one. If a Sage is outhealing you then he is a healer OR your damage output ungodly awful.

Sage/Sorc's are ranged caster... if you let them hit you 5 times before you jump on them, do you really expect to win? And you didn't even realize you were already DoT'ed. To put this into perspective how long will you let a Melee crush your skull before you say "Hmmm, I should probably attack this guy". If Sage/Sorc was so overpowered, why do they constantly hide behind line of sight?

Why do Mara's have to much trouble with Sages?? I think its because most Melee players like to just button smash... see, the really good PvP'ers know to save certain abilities for certain moments.

Example: Don't use "Obliterate" to jump and get the first hit.... save it for when they Force Speed away, then "Deadly Saber" "Obliterate" "Force Crush" and enjoy. At this point you could probably eat some popcorn and watch the Sage panic like its a horror film.

Let me know if you think I'm crazy but Sorc/Sages are really not difficult to bring down. Sure, healers can be a bit tough but they are the "tanks" of PvP. Dps Sorc/Sages should be your first target and will drop like a rock.

I only read half this thread and already I think I am a worse PvPer. I have been successfully trolled by half the posters on this useless thread.

Since I'm here..... It is obvious to point out the people who don't have a level 50 Sage/Sorc. It is slightly less obvious to point out the people who have a Sage/Sorc alt, but they are at least speaking with some knowledge... Perhaps they don't have an alt at all and are actually just good PvPers.

For the record, stop saying that Sorc/Sages can heal and dps.... its one or the other, pick one. If a Sage is outhealing you then he is a healer OR your damage output ungodly awful.

Sage/Sorc's are ranged caster... if you let them hit you 5 times before you jump on them, do you really expect to win? And you didn't even realize you were already DoT'ed. To put this into perspective how long will you let a Melee crush your skull before you say "Hmmm, I should probably attack this guy". If Sage/Sorc was so overpowered, why do they constantly hide behind line of sight?

Why do Mara's have to much trouble with Sages?? I think its because most Melee players like to just button smash... see, the really good PvP'ers know to save certain abilities for certain moments.

Example: Don't use "Obliterate" to jump and get the first hit.... save it for when they Force Speed away, then "Deadly Saber" "Obliterate" "Force Crush" and enjoy. At this point you could probably eat some popcorn and watch the Sage panic like its a horror film.

Let me know if you think I'm crazy but Sorc/Sages are really not difficult to bring down. Sure, healers can be a bit tough but they are the "tanks" of PvP. Dps Sorc/Sages should be your first target and will drop like a rock.

So RJChief for president? Since he said the same thing everyone else has said it the most clearest way possible. Thank you

So RJChief for president? Since he said the same thing everyone else has said it the most clearest way possible. Thank you

I didn't mean to repeat you Sosa, but there really isn't a whole lot left to say.... I mean, its been 2 and a half months and people still haven't figured out how to kill a squishy?

"but they have all this utility boooo!" People spend too much time crying about what they can't do as opposed to discovering what they CAN do. You kill a utility class by understanding how they use that utility, and expect them to use it. Don't cry that they have it, use the knowledge to your advantage.... you will find that every Sorc/Sage is 99% predictable.

I didn't mean to repeat you Sosa, but there really isn't a whole lot left to say.... I mean, its been 2 and a half months and people still haven't figured out how to kill a squishy?

"but they have all this utility boooo!" People spend too much time crying about what they can't do as opposed to discovering what they CAN do. You kill a utility class by understanding how they use that utility, and expect them to use it. Don't cry that they have it, use the knowledge to your advantage.... you will find that every Sorc/Sage is 99% predictable.

Truth.

This guy seems to get it.