Marking healers with raid icons need to STOP!

Maiajayde

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i'm not, the max players in any premade team is 4 so out of a team of 8 players only four can be on vent.

Unless however they managed to get 2 premade teams into the same wz like players did in Rift by hitting the q button together.

So no not what I was saying at all,marking a target with an icon signals to all 8 players they are healer.

Yes, you are - the number of people in vent has nothing to do with pre-mades. You can have your whole faction on vent if you want.

Pugs do whatever they do. If they don't have voice comms set up, it's their problem, not mine. When was the last time you saw pugs being able to focus fire somebody with or without marker? Heck, I'll make it easier for you - when was the last time you saw pugs being able to hold the middle in huttball or defend a turret in civil war instead of just herp-derping in the corner somewhere?

This is all that matters. I only need to know which one of the nearby enemies is the healer. If they're on the other side of the map, they are not healing my target and I have no reason to chase them around.

Did it 6 times Friday in pugs and even 3 capped 3 times in civil war 3 times in huttball pug we owned the middle got my daily in lickedy split with random people.

yeah but you still know where that healer is and can tell your friend he is heading that way with the giant icon over his head giving heads up INC that a way it needs to be taken out like you said all you need to know is what nearby enemies is the healer if you can pick them out fast enough in the group and stop them from saving their guy holding the ball. It should be taken out of WF.

Edited by Molatova

Mindlessly posting without thinking, that's brains alright.

Focus on the healer kid.

You think it's fun pvp following around a target marker and attacking?

You think it's good pvp when your opponent can't even use the maps geography to conceal themselves to make for a better pvp experience because they have a giant marker over their head at all times?

Have fun chasing target markers around.

Edited by Tservo

Yes, you are - the number of people in vent has nothing to do with pre-mades. You can have your whole faction on vent if you want.

Your totally misunderstanding what i'm saying.

8 players in total on a WZ team.

4 players maximum limit in a premade group.

1 premade only four players out of 8 in a WZ are on the same vent.

Compare that with a healer marked with an icon all 8 players can see and focus down the healer at all times.

Edited by jofet

So essentially what you're asking is for people to stop attacking you as a healer? The smart players will kill you whether you have a mark on your head or not.

I guess you are not that smart player.

Mark should be taken off upon death. That is the only fair thing to do.

I guess you are the scrub player that needs the easy mode to have a healer marked AT ALL TIMES.

Use brain and situational awareness, and you might be good enough to identify that heal cast bar of the sorc near the pillar....

Jesus... some players just want easy mode and that sucks.

Marking healers with raid icons just ends any fun trying to play heal's unless you have a extreme amount of pvp gear. There is no L2play when you have 6 ranged stuns when you spawn and jump out of the walls, etc. etc etc. If you don't have a pre-made group to use cool down to protect heal you die as soon as they see the mark.

In any other mmo with 1/2 way good pvp does not allow enemy marks. In fact, in one or more mmo's they will ban you if you use third party add on's to mark healers. The L2play should not be mark the healer it should be recognize the healer for ones self and then kill him.

BW says they care about PVPbut they let something like this slip through. This sould be fixed, Hell PVP need a big work over and everyone knows it.

You would have full Resolve and be immune after the 2nd stun, at which point you are free to run around pillars, run to your teammates, run to your other healers, etc.

Just sayin'.

You knew you were going to get focused down every match as soon as you rolled a healer. Welcome to PvP.

Lol yeah , the brainless pubs PvP groups dont target the healer most times after i marked the healer already , without marking these noobs would never even see the damm healer making them immortals.

No mate , taking out the marking is the same as asking any decent player to leave wzs or go only with 4 man premades.

Marking healers with raid icons just ends any fun trying to play heal's unless you have a extreme amount of pvp gear. There is no L2play when you have 6 ranged stuns when you spawn and jump out of the walls, etc. etc etc. If you don't have a pre-made group to use cool down to protect heal you die as soon as they see the mark.

In any other mmo with 1/2 way good pvp does not allow enemy marks. In fact, in one or more mmo's they will ban you if you use third party add on's to mark healers. The L2play should not be mark the healer it should be recognize the healer for ones self and then kill him.

BW says they care about PVPbut they let something like this slip through. This sould be fixed, Hell PVP need a big work over and everyone knows it.

Just another example of Bioware's lack of ingenuity and foresight on the pvp front. They copy a games methods, but leave out all of the fixes those games implemented. Real smart move, Bioware.

I agree even WoW got rid of Mark the Healer Mod. I mean if you want to be a E=sport you can not have that in PvP. It is Lame.

That was because it was automated. No one had to figure out you were a healer, it simply marked you for casting heals by reading the log.

That is a lot different then someone figuring out you are a healer and then marking you. I mean we just yell out 'Bob is a healer MURDER HIM NOW' in vent....whats the difference? oh right...None. Making pugs less epic fail with a mark is not the worst thing to happen in this game by a LONG shot, Move along.

Could you Imagine marks on Rated BG's the outcry would be Enormous

Rated pvp doesnt need marks.

assist trains work beautifully by themselves.

oh by the way - here's the problem with your argument:

WoW does not have raid marks on healers heads? That's right. WoW and pretty much most other respectable mmos DO have macro functionality though. A simple target of target macro on your main assist will make sure you target whomever is chosen to be tunneled down regardless.

face it, raid marks only help out pug players. and they need the help because pugging in this game is probably more unforgiving and less fun than in any other mmo and the lack of so much functionality like UI customization and macros is not really helping that either.

Edited by mufutiz

I completely disagree with OP. Killing healers or locking them down is one of the main reasons I enjoy pvp now. I love seeing that big frickin raid marker way off in the distance as they spawn and come back int he fight letting us know when and where the gankfest will start again.

The novelty of pvp has worn off weeks ago and now one of the few things I still enjoy in pvp is marking or having the op leader mark certain healers. I even have a notepad of names for certain healers I get marked right away if they are in a warzone.

Healers are so fun to kill and harass for several reasons. One reason is just the thrill of watching them desperately stay alive and trying to sprint behind a group of allies for protection.

Another reason is the strategic value of keeping a healer from doubling or tripling the effectiveness of the other team members.

I particularly like how republic players will often defend a "good" healer and leave an objective like voidstar gate or turret in civil war poorly defended.

Finally that last moment when you and three other people bash those last few points out of a healer with a fat raid marker over their head despite that blue guard bubble... ah its the greatest feeling in pvp.

Edited by mandrillagon

I love when people use any excuse they possibly can to brag. Does showing your healing numbers from one game really contribute to this thread's topic?

I drop 350k healing or more in a full game of huttball and the other two any where from 400k to almost 600k.Now I am bragging.

So, what do you want then? They'll just all look for your name, no names, they'll still look for the person with the healing channels and focus them down. Take it as a compliment, it means you're putting out good heals.

I can sympathize with the frustration some healers are having. As a tank your pain is my pain, literally.

However you are not exploiting the advantages of being marked. Bad players get target fixation, when my healer tells me she thinks she is marked (I am tank) we use it to advantage. Especially if more than half of their team is chasing her around the map. This means they are not worried about objectives.

Several times we have kited 4+ players while the ball carriers and the rest of the team scored ( sometimes twice!).

We have kept a turret in ald long enough for the rest of the team to grab the others. This resulted in us having 3 cap for about 30 seconds ! ( 3 caaaap).

We have pulled guards away from the door and given that stealth player time to plant a bomb.

This wont always work, as good players will quickly realize they are being baited.

i was a healer in swg for 5 years so i know how it feels...

but what's the difference about getting marked vs people telling the whole group in ops chat to focus you?

i don't see the issue

Agreed. The amount of crap a well geared Healer can pull off is not only game changing but almost imbalanced, almost. I feel no sympathy, let the marks do what they may. As for the the people, mentioning WoW as the God of MMO's. What they do is not the deciding factor for anything. They've just dumbed everything down to the point where almost ALL classes are damn near the same, only difference is the look.

If I see you heal someone even once in a wz, I am going to kill you every single time you're w/in 100m. Every single time.

I don't even care if you're dps spec'd and tossed a heal to a teammate. If it heals, I'm gonna kill it dead.

You don't need to be marked, you're going to die as soon as I see you push a healy button, and I will barrel straight through everyone just to make sure you can't do your job.

Because that's my job.

Could you Imagine marks on Rated BG's the outcry would be Enormous

0/10 trolling attempt but the amount of tryhard pvpers on this forum is unbelievable, so you obviously succeed. therefore, i also got trolled.