The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

well... corso...

sent me a mail telling me he wants to move to Dantooine... it would be kinda nice to introduce housing like that

:D

and since I don't know how a SGRA could work in that, maybe if he realised he doesn't have to be all farmboy-ish with my male smuggler he could suggest something a little more 'adventurous' ... :p

What's wrong with Farmboy wanting to do that with a male Smuggler? Personally, I think both genders of Captain would probably look at him a little uncertain, but I don't see much difference there.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And finally, I think any expression of affection toward Qyzen would result in him showing up in the PC's room, saying something like "Now I hunt you, Herald," stripping off his armor, and doing some bizarre Trandoshan mating dance.

OK, this image (though funny) will never leave my head:(

I really love the ideas for special crafted gifts. the devs could get really creative with Kaliyo gifts (like an actual heart for Valentines day:D)

I also hope that they add the content for existing story lines so i don't have to reroll.

Yes to the droid LI's. Scorpio and M1-4X, i picture, would have some very interesting dialouge and be giving you an HK-47 definition of love.

As for the date of release, i hope it is soon. I have a theory, and i know it is a shot in the dark, but i guess May 4th. (May the 4th be with you:D)

OK, this image (though funny) will never leave my head:(

I really love the ideas for special crafted gifts. the devs could get really creative with Kaliyo gifts (like an actual heart for Valentines day:D)

I also hope that they add the content for existing story lines so i don't have to reroll.

Yes to the droid LI's. Scorpio and M1-4X, i picture, would have some very interesting dialouge and be giving you an HK-47 definition of love.

As for the date of release, i hope it is soon. I have a theory, and i know it is a shot in the dark, but i guess May 4th. (May the 4th be with you:D)

I giggled pretty hard at that. Well done good sir! :p

I liked the idea of using crafting for SGR, as well as other romance content. It would help make a lot of crafting at end levels *cough Artifice cough* a little more viable. I know that they are making crafting more useful for the end game, but I thought this would make for a good credit maker.

BTW, dare I ask what you mean about HK love? I really hope you mean his undying(and kinda eerie) loyalty...

Edit: No need to feed those that flame. Flag and move on. That's what makes this a productive thread. :cool:

Edit 2: I think DS Jaesa(my would be girl) would love a real heart as well. She'd be disappointed that she couldn't pick it out herself though.

Edited by natashina

Yesterday I was playing my agent.

Spoiler friendly version:

We met a friend of Kaliyo and the way they met, interracted and even the acuall story I could not help but think that they had were ex's.

I was doing the mission "What you do for a partner"

In it Kaliyo asks you to free Anspi’shel a girl friend of hers from prison.

She says that she once saved her life .

When you free Anspi’shel they have a .... warm embrace.

Kalyio tells her to gather her thing and meet at the hangar

However soon after Kaloyo explain that now that Anspi’shel is free the time is perfect to sell her off to a bounty hunter . This is she explains to get even with her for the way she saved her life by shipping her off

You then meet Anspi’shel at the hangar and while Kaliyo excuses herself to get the bounty hunter, Anspi’shel proceeds to tell you Kaliyo is a lier ... You get the choice of helping her or not.

I could not help but wonder about them and their past. Just enough is said and just enough is left to the imagination.

I was a bit disapointed that in the further conversation there was no point where I could ask the "Were you two an idem?"

Anyway I don't really have a clear point . I just liked the scene. I thought it had potential once they introduce SGR for both a Flirt with an NPC and to further the Romance with Kaliyo (if they decide she leans that way).

Edited by KidRaid

I giggled pretty hard at that. Well done good sir! :p

I liked the idea of using crafting for SGR, as well as other romance content. It would help make a lot of crafting at end levels *cough Artifice cough* a little more viable. I know that they are making crafting more useful for the end game, but I thought this would make for a good credit maker.

BTW, dare I ask what you mean about HK love? I really hope you mean his undying(and kinda eerie) loyalty...

Edit: No need to feed those that flame. Flag and move on. That's what makes this a productive thread. :cool:

Edit 2: I think DS Jaesa(my would be girl) would love a real heart as well. She'd be disappointed that she couldn't pick it out herself though.

Haha, I had to google for the exact quote, but:

Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and strangely enough, not many meatbags would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.*

From KOTOR 1. Basically HK was awesome. :D

Edit: so beaten! That's what I get for not refreshing.

Edited by BrenNerani

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNFqb-52MK8 HK-47 gives his definition of love. It is quite amusing:D

I'll check it out when I get up(graveyard shift hours, so almost bedtime for me), but I don't look at most of the footage for KoToR. I never had the privledge of playing the game, (I couldn't afford a computer for years. :p) I will say that TOR reminded me of KoToR's existence and thanks to the fans I really want to check it out. The Revanite questline is a main reason why I wanted to check out the game, besides the fact that KoToR is in my favorite genre. I know they made some changes with the characters, but I'd still like to see it. I'm going to get KoToR, but I have only room for one old school fix at a time, and when I'm not playing TOR, I've been playing The 7th Guest. :o

Heck, I haven't been lucky enough to experience any of BWs relationships at all. I do know that when I found out that there was going to be SGRs in this game, I was floored in a very positive way. In very short order(mind you, I was lvl 22 before I knew about any romance content lol), I found this thread. I have been very proud to take part in it.

BTW, the scene with Kaliyo is relevant to this thread. One of the many parts of the ongoing discussion that has come up due to implementation is the observation of scenes with various characters(Kaliyo is a great example) that lead us to wonder if they are going to be selected for SGRs. I sometimes feel that some were going to be SGRs, but got left out due to time constraints.

Haha, I had to google for the exact quote, but:

From KOTOR 1. Basically HK was awesome. :D

Edit: so beaten! That's what I get for not refreshing.

Just. Awesome. Thanks for the smiles before bed. :D

Edited by natashina

What's wrong with Farmboy wanting to do that with a male Smuggler? Personally, I think both genders of Captain would probably look at him a little uncertain, but I don't see much difference there.

there is nothing wrong with it (or everything, since my female smuggler doesn't want to either)

the point is that the question was how we want it. I DON'T want it exactly like the OG-version.

And when they do implement SSRs, I can see some Smugglers going completely Jack Harkness (from Dr. Who). lol

that's definitely what I'm counting on!

oh... jack.. *dreamy eyes*

(OMG CROSS-UNIVERSE NERDOM!)

And when they do implement SSRs, I can see some Smugglers going completely Jack Harkness (from Dr. Who). lol

That's already how I see my smuggler. Really want to play her some more, but forcing myself to wait to see if SGRs will be available on current characters rather then having to restart them.

The issue here with the companions isn't really gay/lesbian. It's more of a bisexual thing, from what I've seen. There are certain companions that you can tell would be down with either gender *cough* Kaliyo *cough*. Edited by Paralassa

Not really, because they COULD be bisexual. Sexuality isn't all heterosexual or homosexual only.

And the devs said at the summit that they're not just going to run a find-and-replace on gender identifiers in the current romances. What we don't know is if that means all new companions, some changing and new writing for current companions, a mix of the two, or what. So yeah...they've thought about what you said in your previous post.

Edited by Paralassa

That doesn't take into account bisexuality. A bisexual would engage in courtship with a man, or a woman. Not to mention that this is a game with a limited number of companions. do you suggest making entirely new companions for same sex relationships? And when do those companions become available? Do people who want SGRs have to wait till level 50 to get a new SGR companion? Hardly seems fair to me.

Also, there are thousands of "copies" of each companion around. What's to say one is strait but another isn't? What's to say they just haven't had the chance before? There are many real life people who partake in straight relationships even though they are not. I know a woman who was married to a man before he came clean and admited that he was gay. That was NOT a unique case. It happens all the time because social norms make them feel there is something wrong with themselves for being themselves.

Edited by Paralassa

I say BioWare will do it. I've seen firsthand how open minded their writers can be in Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and here as well... Some would say pervy, even. *cough* SithWarriorOnDromundKaasWithLadyGrathanAndMakingVetteWatch *cough*

haha yeah exactly that quest is usually what I use when people are playing the 'morals' card :rolleyes:

Some people swing both ways. :p

I'd say from a couple of different things in Kaliyo's quests, she's one of those people, lol.

TBH yeah I can see it with her. Then again I'm not saying that all of the current companions are defintely one thing or another. Some do present enough ambiguity in their behaviour that one cant help but be curious as to which way they swing.

That said, you'd be hard pressed to find another companion thats as, ambiguous, as she is. Having leveled every class to atleast 45, (speaking from a male characters pov,) I can feel reasonably certain about that.

Well, with the exception of maybe Malavai Quinn, heh. :p

The commentary from the guild summit -- that the writers DO NOT want to just "copy/paste" the romances -- implies that they have something hopefully better-crafted in mind, that they want these romances to be different in more than just pronouns. How they plan to introduce this to existing playthroughs (i.e., you've already started the game, played through some, seen that your companions have whichever tendencies they have) is still up in the air. And I suspect they will not talk about that implementation much at all before it's actually live, because by talking about how they'd do such a thing, they'd indirectly confirm that some of the existing companions are being changed. And they seem very reluctant to get into that.

While it's mechanically a bit hokey for the companions to suddenly be like, "it took me 50 levels, but I've finally realized how I feel for you!", it is by no means out of the question, even in the real world, for people to hide their sexuality for any number of reasons, and only come out when they feel secure enough to do so. I wouldn't buy that for everyone, but it could be a valid arc for someone.

There are pages and pages of discussion in these threads (this one and its predecessors) about how to gracefully merge in new options, but we can't talk about the issue definitively because BW hasn't.

Edited by Yvin
removed quote

Where this is not a bad idea at all for same sex relationships, I think the major thing people are missing here... is that the game only came out in December. They aren't going to add new content such as that so quickly. Most of you all are WoW players as well, there were no romancing options labeled in that game unless it was with another players character.

Please, give them time and be patient with this... they're offering you gold and you're complaining because it's not enough. They will eventually cater so all sexual preferences and people... patience... you dang Sith!

Where this is not a bad idea at all for same sex relationships, I think the major thing people are missing here... is that the game only came out in December. They aren't going to add new content such as that so quickly. Most of you all are WoW players as well, there were no romancing options labeled in that game unless it was with another players character.

Please, give them time and be patient with this... they're offering you gold and you're complaining because it's not enough. They will eventually cater so all sexual preferences and people... patience... you dang Sith!

Hit the nail on the head there lets all just EPR together why is everyone so hyped upon doing it with a NPC.