Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Hello everyone. I hope you're all having a super day!

When I brought up the lack of LGBT romance in the game to a CSR, I was given the 'time constraints due to a fully-voiced mmo' line.

It is my pleasure to offer a simple solution to this. Simply add in the flirt commands whilst interacting with a same sex companion, then throw in some voice over from popular movies such as Broke Back Mountain.

I long to tell Malavai about my true feelings & feel there is no better way than to say "Ya know it could be like this, just like this always".

Say yes to LGBT romance!

*Delurks for first time*

I'd just like to say that I fully support this solution.:D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, I just want a real reason to make a female toon. I'm a guy, and the ol' "Looking at a girl's butt" excuse is all well and good, but I tend to get hit on badly as a female toon and I'm not into that. I make male characters to avoid those situations, and I can't count how many times I've had to take time out from playing a female toon in other games to explain to some dude that I'm a guy. But with same sex relationships, I would be more than happy to make a female toon. :D I've noticed that in TOR, the "teenage horndogs" aren't as ubiquitous as in other games. lol

Ok, the real reason I'm supporting this is because I like watching two beautiful ladies kiss. I prefer the simple things in life. Don't judge me. :p

I'm actually finding myself not playing my alts until the S/S is here. The only exception is my Agent, because I don't really feel like I'd romance Vector, if he were yo be a S/S option :|

I guess I can keep playing my Agent.

Forever.

I haven't seen a single member or supporter of the LGBT community ask for a toggle on the current romance setup (Please feel free to provide proof if I'm wrong).

Saying you'd only find LGBT romance acceptable if a toggle to switch it off is added as to provide equality & not make one group feel more priviledged than the other is a complete contradiction in itself.

Edited by Distracted

Hello everyone. I hope you're all having a super day!

When I brought up the lack of LGBT romance in the game to a CSR, I was given the 'time constraints due to a fully-voiced mmo' line.

It is my pleasure to offer a simple solution to this. Simply add in the flirt commands whilst interacting with a same sex companion, then throw in some voice over from popular movies such as Broke Back Mountain.

I long to tell Malavai about my true feelings & feel there is no better way than to say "Ya know it could be like this, just like this always".

Say yes to LGBT romance!

How do you have a B or a T romance? please explain this to me.

How do you have a B or a T romance? please explain this to me.

well, you could have a bisexual character that expresses interest in both sexes... But in that case I think the user was just using LGBT to refer to the general community, it's not uncommon.

Edited by Moitteva
removed quoted toggle discussion post by Calimwulf covered under today's PM

I think a player could RP a transgender. Perhaps there are people that could RP the toon with the idea that s/he being born in the wrong body. Granted you can't change gender(as of yet, this may or may not change,) but I think you could incorporate that into your gameplay. I'm not entirely sure how it would work, but there are some very talented RP'ers out there.

I have other ideas about how SGRs are going to be beneficial for(high school)teens that are trying to understand about themselves. However, that broaches into real life discussion, and I don't want to stress the mods anymore than I have to. They've been really good to us and have been trying to assist us in keeping this thread alive.

On a lighter note, the term "Droid Flirts" reminds me of the movie Heavy Metal. Specifically the scene where the President's executive assistant gets kidnapped. Bonus points to those that know the scene I refer to. :cool:

Eh heh heh... Thanks, but I shouldn't have even said anything. I can usually keep myself from posting when I find myself getting all worked up about what I'm saying - I really didn't mean to go into "Someone is WRONG on the internet" mode. But seeing SGRs both misrepresented and degraded got to me. ...yeah, I'll try not to let it happen again.

Dear gods, yes. :eek: I was playing my Trooper yesterday and, in a bit on a class mission where Elara participates in the dialogue, I esc'ed out of the scene and took off her helm so I could see her face when she was talking. It just didn't feel right to have my character's helm not showing and hers on.

Having said that, the romance scenes are automatically helm-free, right? I don't care what someone's sexual preference is, "You taste like plasteel" is quite possibly the worst thing in the world to say after kissing someone. Okay, second worst; "You taste like [other companion]" would be the worst in this situation. Unless it was one of those polyamorous relationships we were discussing a few pages back.

...y'know, I think I'm just going to stop here.

This is why you(and a few others here; Kimoa, Sparkle, looking at you guys too) deserve to win any poster awards!

Oh and you made me choke with laughter at the worst things you could say. :D

well that's the thing, my male warrior (who is pretty much gay if you asked me :p) HATES quinn with all his might and only didn't force choke him to death because that option wasn't available. lawl. (not that he would like Pierce much, either, he's extremely picky... silly boy :rolleyes: )

I was with you on Quinn. :mad: My nickname for him is Wonderbread Boy! My husband...has a less kind word for him. Since you are a fellow SM(and Quinn hater), check out this spoiler:

In the beta, when the jerk betrays you, you COULD have force choked him to death. This was taken out when many players complained that they killed their healer. Truth is, you can gear up the ship droid, and he makes for a really good healer. Plus, they are adding ship droid affection in 1.2 ;)

I wish they would expand on the Pierce relationship as an option for both SGR and OGR. BTW, I also wanted to say that SGR might help flesh out more of the stories for the companions. :D

...I am DEAD. Surely they are, right? Because that would just be...ahahahaha. "Shut up and kiss me! *clunk*" :D

And yeah, god help you if you called, say, Jaesa by the wrong name...she'd cut your throat in the middle of the night. :p

That's one way to put it. Simple solution for that though: I could picture Jaesa saying, "What's my name? Say it, b----!"

That's one way to put it. Simple solution for that though: I could picture Jaesa saying, "What's my name? Say it, b----!"

And after reading that, all I can think about is how the Fury isn't a very large ship, so the entire crew would be able to hear every shout, yell, thump, and other assorted noises that might accompany this. :eek:

To steer this back toward things suitable for a 'T' rating, here's something I'm wondering: do the other companions currently comment on the PC's romance(s)? Aside from the few who make you choose, I mean. I still have yet to actually get to a romance storyline, but it's something I've thought about for SGRs. I know that SGRs wouldn't seem all that unusual in a galaxy where people date, marry and *bleep* outside their species, but still. I just like the idea of companion reactions regardless.

..though considering that Cathar mate for life, I can somehow see Aric getting all traditional at a Trooper's SGR, including asking if the Trooper intends to adopt. :p

And after reading that, all I can think about is how the Fury isn't a very large ship, so the entire crew would be able to hear every shout, yell, thump, and other assorted noises that might accompany this. :eek:

You have a really good point there. ;) I'll get back on track though. :p

To steer this back toward things suitable for a 'T' rating, here's something I'm wondering: do the other companions currently comment on the PC's romance(s)? Aside from the few who make you choose, I mean. I still have yet to actually get to a romance storyline, but it's something I've thought about for SGRs.

The closest I've seen to a conflict from my affection with my minions was between Quinn and Pierce. Without spoiling too much, Pierce hates Quinn and loves it when I'm cruel to Quinn. I know it is based on dialog choices in general, but it does have a connection to affection. I would love to see this played out in further detail, i.e If we can finally romance Pierce and gets jealous if I flirt with DS Jaesa on my SW(Khaz, my male JK, is my current main. I rolled him up to romance Kira, :rolleyes: but I digress).

I know that SGRs wouldn't seem all that unusual in a galaxy where people date, marry and *bleep* outside their species, but still. I just like the idea of companion reactions regardless.

The general idea I get is that from the game is that SGRs are far less of an issue than the idea of marring outside your species. I think there is something neat to be explored there. I've been wondering that since I started playing on Dec 31st(I checked my account. Great way to end what was a rough year RL for me! :D ) With all the xenophobia I've seen, especially as Imp side(see below), I'd love to see more conflict with minions of various races. In this case, perhaps a little conflict from Quinn with my SW romancing Vette. Not due to SGR, but more of the idea she's an alien.

The whole xenophobia aspect is something that, while it can be uncomfortable for the player, is a huge potential wealth of great story telling. That also ties into why my hubby and I both support SGRs. It's not about the RL issues with the subject, and for me, it's not just to romance SG companions. SGRs may make some uncomfortable, but that is what a good story does. It makes you feel all these things, and it makes you explore things you might not otherwise. I have a large post I made on FB about how video games can be art.

And, one of the many many elements of art for me(in relation to video games), is if they can make me experience and view things differently than I did before. One of my favorite expressions is, "If Jackson Pollock can be called art, why can't games?" ToR is a great example, to me, about a game that is art. It gets people talking, and perhaps taking away something valuable into their lives. Or at least something they never considered before. In this case, SGR will(hopefully)open up more romances for all. Then in turn, expanding the over arcing story, and give us all richer gaming experience.

***I am certainly not excluding the Pub side for it's role in xenophobia. This doesn't seem to be a big issue though and the Pub side does have equality for races in mind. Well, except for Hutts. That's okay; no one likes Hutts anyway. :p

TL;DR: Xenophobia seems to be a bigger issue in SW than SGR. There is a lot of great story potential to be had there. SGRs with this can make a better story.

Edited by natashina

I am waiting on leveling 2 alts I have because I made them female, and want to go through the romance with the female companions they start with that are romanceable by male characters. I'm just hoping I won't have to delete them and start them over when the option is made available... I think having an option to reset all companion dialog options would be the best way to go. Then if you've already finished the quests on one character, you could choose not to reset them, and on another character you want to change how things went due to this option being added, have the choice to go back and do them.

I am waiting on leveling 2 alts I have because I made them female, and want to go through the romance with the female companions they start with that are romanceable by male characters. I'm just hoping I won't have to delete them and start them over when the option is made available... I think having an option to reset all companion dialog options would be the best way to go. Then if you've already finished the quests on one character, you could choose not to reset them, and on another character you want to change how things went due to this option being added, have the choice to go back and do them.

That's a wonderful idea and one that has been discussed. :D Do you have any ideas on how to trigger a reset(like a special type of companion gift) or just give the option for all once the expanded romance content goes live?

That's a wonderful idea and one that has been discussed. :D Do you have any ideas on how to trigger a reset(like a special type of companion gift) or just give the option for all once the expanded romance content goes live?

I would suggest that once the content goes live, just have an option when you log into each character, or if it would be easier (I'm not a programmer) have a toggle box on the characters at the character select screen. Any way of making it available to anyone who wants it as soon as content goes live.

I would suggest that once the content goes live, just have an option when you log into each character, or if it would be easier (I'm not a programmer) have a toggle box on the characters at the character select screen. Any way of making it available to anyone who wants it as soon as content goes live.

That's pretty much how I felt about it as well. I felt that perhaps a pet or some other in game gift(along with the dialog reset) would be a great way to help trigger the SGR and give players a choice.

An example that came up is a in game kitty pet that has the tag<For Romance-[Companion Name]> so those that want SGRs can trigger it on their own. Without the need for toggles, it gives everyone a chance to help tailor their RPG romance options.

Edited by natashina

As for droid romances and polyamorous romances:

The Mass Effect 3 droid romance is the funniest side story, ever.

Fable 3 allows multiple romances including a mix of gay or straight variations. It's quite hilarious.

As for droid romances and polyamorous romances:

Fable 3 allows multiple romances including a mix of gay or straight variations. It's quite hilarious.

Droid flirts would certainly give something for people to talk about. I would say that before they add any sort of robotic options, I'd need more than T7 or my ship droids. ::rolleyes:

And thanks for the giggle. :D

That's my main concern too. I don't want to miss out on this, but I want to level my characters because, well, shiny new game. I'm trying to be patient on a couple characters though, and branch out with some new ones in the meantime. I really like the reset idea too- maybe to make it completely fair, so people couldn't in any way abuse the affection gains, they could reset the affection changes from those conversations as well.

Droid flirts would certainly give something for people to talk about. I would say that before they add any sort of robotic options, I'd need more than T7 or my ship droids. ::rolleyes:

And thanks for the giggle. :D

"Droid flirts" is sending me into ridiculous giggling fits for some reason. :D

(droid flirts dot tumblr dot com...)

another option for how to work a reset of companion dialog options with the release of this content would be to have a button on the companion page, you can click the button once to reset all dialog and start fresh. It would only need to be on romance capable companions, or could be included on all companions to allow one free reset to try to get better affection (romance or non-romance) then you had from previous choices you made.

This would allow those who wish to start over with any companion for any reason to do so.

That's my main concern too. I don't want to miss out on this, but I want to level my characters because, well, shiny new game. I'm trying to be patient on a couple characters though, and branch out with some new ones in the meantime. I really like the reset idea too- maybe to make it completely fair, so people couldn't in any way abuse the affection gains, they could reset the affection changes from those conversations as well.

"Droid flirts" is sending me into ridiculous giggling fits for some reason. :D

(droid flirts dot tumblr dot com...)

Jedi=Sexy T7=Mate for life! Jedi=Hot in those robes. T7=likes a lot!

Goodie, this a mental image that won't go away for awhile. :D

But that does bring up an interesting point. Many of the droids in SW have well programmed and "fleshed" out personalities(so to speak.) That would be an interesting thought, and a cool story potential. And many of them seem to have a basic gender setting, so that gives SGR content another way to go too. Besides, we have a companion that is in love with a hologram. I don't see why droid romances would be entirely out of the question.

That being said, it still seems a little weird. :p

Jedi=Sexy T7=Mate for life! Jedi=Hot in those robes. T7=likes a lot!

Goodie, this a mental image that won't go away for awhile. :D

But that does bring up an interesting point. Many of the droids in SW have well programmed and "fleshed" out personalities(so to speak.) That would be an interesting thought, and a cool story potential. And many of them seem to have a basic gender setting, so that gives SGR content another way to go too. Besides, we have a companion that is in love with a hologram. I don't see why droid romances would be entirely out of the question.

That being said, it still seems a little weird. :p

My gut hurts now after reading that... the first line there almost put me on the floor laughing

The idea of possible new romance options for all has come up in the thread. What are some ideas of what you would like in a new companion? And how would you like to see the SGRs done other than the ones previously discussed(such as no "token" characters and simple pronoun swapping?) Edited by natashina