Official Q&A Thread for March 2nd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that some of the NPC vendors are wearing armor that are not available in-game. For example, the Security Key vendor on Carrick Station is wearing a duster that many smugglers want, but none of us know how or where to get it. Are these armor pieces for vendors only, or are they hidden somewhere in the game?

Same question I've asked every week:

For me, the most appealing aspect of The Old Republic is the stellar class stories. I loved seeing the epic plot of my Imperial Agent unfold on my way to 50. Are there any plans to continue class stories past their current end point? And if so, when and how often might we see that?

Many guilds are progressing through End Game Content at a ridiculous pace. So much so that I am at the point of only needing to be online 2 days a week because there is nothing to do. My question is, Are there any plans to make content that is harder than Nightmare with new and extremely difficult mechanics?

Other MMOs have fallen into the trap of using an inflated difficulty to slow player progression through end-game content. This leads to burn-out, frustration, class-stacking, exploits and 40+ hour raid weeks. How do you plan to avoid this mistake with future Nightmare mode raids?

I stated this as a suggestion for a possible future feature during the beta testing phase but I will ask it again:

Is it possible to have the ability to do missions for Republic as a double agent while you are sith if you have accrued a lot of light side points say Light II and above for example? Could the same be done if you playing a Republic Character? This time needing Dark II or above to do Sith Missions.

Edited by Naadria

This game is great in many many ways, but the one way in which it is NOT great is the lack of mod support and macros. No serious raiding MMORPG lacks these basic features, and I'm wondering if you can provide a timetable for when we can expect this situation remedied.

Have you considered an interaction system akin to Everquest 2's guide program? If your not familiar with this idea - http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Guides_of_the_Shattered_Lands

Basically a group of game players agree to take on anonymous roles not tied with they're game toons to offer players innovative and interesting quests only available from a game guide.

Obviously EQ2 offered more than SWTOR can at the present time in this field, i.e. house rewards, fluff pets, appearance items etc.

But what I'm really interested in at the mo is if Bioware would consider this a good idea for the future? Live NPC's (i.e. guides, sometimes in disguise) offering unique quests to players.

I used to love this in EQ2 and so did a lot of other players. I enjoyed it so much I actually took part in the guide program and enjoyed it even more.

What can we expect with the planned future inclusion of same-gender romantic content? Will current companions be available? Will content be limited to companion characters, or can we expect to meet some same-gender [Flirt] options from NPCs out in the wider game world? Any ballpark notion when we may hope to see this implemented (weeks? months? years?)?

Ok after going through 20 pages I only saw one for Windows Phone... but none for Web or mobile content. Are there any plans for some mini games? Maybe we could get a game that allows us to actually take our companions on the quests we can send them on in-game. Or what about galactic market access app to check or add items (ebay like?). Or an email app... Any tablet/slate apps planned?

So many things to ask but my main question would be: What mobile/web content do you plan on having?

Ok after talking to a very helpful forum member I found my answers back in the 17 Feb Q&A post/blog.

So no question, but thanks for a great game and I'm excited to see what the future holds.

Edited by Dejoco

Will you ever add Social class's such as Entertainer's and Crafter's (see SWG), as quite frankly at the moment, the game is seriously lacking in Community, and an Economy.

Crafting is mundane and pointless, player's are not involved in it, or do they have any interaction with player's other than the GTN. Let alone the fact they make nothing of any use, only for themselves, there are a few item's that generate sales, but in the grand scheme of things, Crafting is a companion mini game that is soon completely left behind once a player reaches 50, and can obtain everything better than crafted, from a few dailies.

Cantinas are in game and unused, anywhere. Why are there not RP classes that appeal to a completely different style of player, other than Raider's and PVP'ers. These 2 sub categories of the player base do not equate to your entire player base, in fact I would estimate they make up 1/3 of it. RP'ers and social orientated player's are completely left out of the game.

Edited by Nippon

Alot of people ask about seeing a Damage/Healing meter for SWTOR. I came up with an idea, why not have a screen similar to the PvP screen after each boss that will show total damage/Healing and DPS/HPS. This could seems to be a compromise. Is there any work on that aspect that alot of people want to know, how am I doing?

So my overall question is: Are you working on some sort of way for people to see how they are doing in Flashpoints and Operations, damage and healing wise?

Edited by korialstrazss

I'm US Military stationed overseas and many of my friends play. We are very much looking forward to the Asia Pacific servers being released, but we are concerned about character transfers.

Will character transfers be allowed between US and AP servers? Re-rolling and leveling all over again just to be on more local servers would be a real pain. Not to mention rotating back to the US or getting stationed in EU - it'd be huge to the military guys that play to be able to transfer our characters from region to region.

Durning my bata testing phase I noticed vendors called Commendation Vendors, These vendors would allow you to trade in your commendations for new ones at a cost of 2-1.

Just to clarify; If you had 6 Tython Commendations and you wanted more Coracaunt Commendations you could go to that vendor, give them the 6 Tython commendations and get 3 Coracaunt Commendations in return. The vendors were located on the Capitol Planent and Fleet of both factions respectivly. Once the game went live however the vendors were gone.

Will they be comming back, and if so when?