Official Q&A Thread for March 2nd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

With Game Update 1.2 you are adding the ability to extract base-mods from purple items, as well as the ability to crit-craft custom (orange) gear with augment slots allowing players to outfit an augmented orange item with end game mods.

Is there a plan to address players who prefer the looks of orange/purple gear obtained by other means (commendations, flashpoint and Operation drops etc) over the limited crafted orange designs and don't want to miss those augment slots? (for example the ability for crafters to make augment slots that can be attached to an existing piece of hear, or the ability for a crafter to learn the schematic of said piece)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be made any attempts to fix tanking gear for pvp, currently the trade off stats you get in migitations is so small compared to the damage you lose. Partly because the massive amount of scaling from stat stacking that create large amount of burst.

Ive actually asked around a bit, and i yet to find any player that consider the pvp tanking set worth taking, this is including juggernauts which are specced into immortal, who still prefer picking dps set.

Edited by Barzarel

Can we please get a "Sound in background" option so that if alt-tabbed out or moused across to another window (probably on 2nd monitor) when using Fullscreen(Windowed) we can still get the audio feedback on things like completion of Crew Skills ?

See this thread for a fuller description and all the shows of support for this option:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=77918

I note that it was only in the final pre-launch betatest weekend that this was changed from being the default. Suddenly no sound in background any more from then onwards, with no option to change it back.

The LFG system has been mentioned as a priority, but without a set timelimit or spesifics for changes. Could you maybe give a vague plan, if not more spesific? (Patch. 1.3, 1.4... 1.5? Same server or cross server? More visible LFG button? Etc.) Edited by Tifadore

Please can we have an update on the plans for implementing same-gender romance options. All requests around this topic are either ignored (e.g. in the last three Q&A threads, despite being one of the more frequently asked questions) or given the same stock answer from six months ago. A little more information to at least confirm that this content is actively in development and ideally including something on current plans and likely time-scales would go a long way for those of us who are keen to see this aspect of the game in place.

I posted this in the CS section. May as well try here.

I had to abandon a level 14 legacy due to low server population (It was not always low) I have since rerolled on a new higher pop server. When the transfers do become available in the future, will we be able to combine that legacy XP? Would hate to lose all that when the starting over on the never server was necessary. (Old server PvP queues were 20-30 mins of waiting)

Hello Bioware.

I would like ask if you at some point in the future, are thinking about raising the offhand damage of weapons? :confused:

I don't know much about the Jedi Sentinel/Sith Warrior.

But, I've been playing alot of Gunslinger at the moment, and the offhand damage is seriously pathetic, sorry to say. I mean, at level 50, the damage increase from having a offhand blaster pistol is only 5-10% total standard damage increase? :eek:

Maybe implement a new talent point, or refine some older ones, that allow you to increase offhand damage.

To my knowledge a Gunslinger, is someone that is good at using dual wield. :)

Thanks again for a good game though. ;)

Hi,

Are you considering adding multi-player content to the space 'mini-game'? e.g. As a whole or part Flashpoint or Operation? As an extension to this could that include the option for guild capital ships that could for the core of an Operation?

Hello! A lot of people are affected by a No Valor Gained phenomena happening on Ilum.

What is known that it happens to random people, blocking them from getting kills registered after 1-2 kills, sometimes 4-5. While it affects some, it does not affect others at the level they are in the same OPS and sitting near each other in RL. There is a thread on this issue on PvP forums with a some research on this matter.

Could you please explain - what is this thing, is it a part of your "safeguard", why does it works so strange (affecting some direly while completely not affecting others, in the very same OPS, during very same prolonged fights), is there any changes incoming to it, or this behavior is "working as intended" and we should learn how to cope with it if it affects us (read - feed yourself to enemy team every 2-3 kills registered).

Thank you very much for the answer, since i already almost do not play the game due to this issue being ignored, this question in this thread is my last hope.

Edited by vekkth

are there plans to raise the dark side/light side point caps a little in the near future? like many others, i hit dark V well before 50 (at around lvl 40 in this case). but to stay dark V i must always choose the dark side options and dark side diplomacy missions. it's taking a little of the fun out of the experience with that character, as well as cutting my diplomacy options in half.

Currently you have cross faction gear set so that the opposing faction can't even see what it looks like even when trying to put it up for sale. Seeing as opposing faction players can't equip the gear is that really necessary?

Have you given any thought to changing this so we can see what it is we're selling at least?