Official Q&A Thread for March 2nd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wen are we gonna get more character slots?

There is so much story and classes, i wanna play them all on same server, for crafting reasons. 8 slots is just to low in a Story Driven Game like this, 16 would be better so we can make em all :p if 16 is bit overboard, then 12! Thanks.

As one of the crafting "upgrades" apparently scheduled for 1.2, crafted orange armor will be able to "crit" and thus have an augment slot.

These orange items will, presumably be "best in slot" at any particular level once the mods and such are slotted into them, and apparently definitely be best in slot at lvl 50 once the best raid only mods are slotted into them.

Has any thought been given into how to prevent this from making having more than ~100 or so skill in synthweaving/armortech pointless? Would seem that all one would need to make is those crit orange items, which become available at very low level, and which, incidentally, require relatively common mats, low skill, and no investment by reverse engineering.

Are there any plans to significantly expand the comparatively lacking character creation process?

(For example, my wife was interested in the game while watching gameplay, but completely lost interest when she saw the simplistic and limited creation options.)

Bioware's development team has stated that they are philosophically opposed to cross-server PvE but that cross-server PvP is something they want to make happen. Why is this? Shouldn't the reasons to NOT have cross-server PvE be the same reasons to NOT have cross-server PvP?

Will you add a way of turning XP off?

I play in a duo with my significant other and we enjoy almost every aspect of the game: the storytelling, group dialogs, space battles, heroic missions, flashpoints, and especially the well-balanced combat difficulty. If, on a single duo, we were to do all the available content at any given level, we would be forced to do missions at a much higher level than recommended. With a way to turn XP gains off, we could enjoy all this content at an even level while making the most of crafted gear and appropriately-balanced abilities.

I understand that it would have its own problems (pvp-related), but we would at least like to know if it's being considered.

I love PVP and currently enjoy the crew system PVE not so much...any plans to give PVP players the same access to some of the higher end Crew items that need the biometeric alloys etc ? Without having to do something I don't care for and am not particularly good at IE PVe.

When will all armour designs be available in-game as orange items?

For example, take a look at this page. The quest version (green) is completely different to the crafted version (orange) and there does not seem to be an orange equivilent of the quest-item anywhere else. This is true for multiple armour designs.

Star Wars is know for having excellent music, but when we're traversing worlds and questing, often times it's completely silent beyond the sound of our speeders or our footsteps. Can you comment on whether or not you're planning on implementing some sort of loop music function or adding more background music in general?

Thanks.

Are there any plans to implement so called companion role kits or at least give each companion more than 1 specific role? (or more than 1 "established" role since I know that tank and heal companions have the option to dps but their dps is way worse than pure dps companions so I'm not counting it)

My question refers in the most part to Sith Warrior storyline in which the most useful companion turns out to be the most hated one. This presents a problem from a story-oriented player's perspective (for example I can't stand even the idea of running around with that particular companion) and despite his extreme usefulness, we're somewhat "forced" to run with other companion when thing like being able to adjust companion's role would easily negate the problem.

Edited by gibmachine

What is the stance on Guild ships. It could be a crafted project and the schematic could have some crazy way to aquire. I'm getting this from anouther member of my guild posted it on our fourm and it was a really good idea.

So a ship could be crafted by an entire Guild that would apply thousands of crafted items (a spicific list of items.) As for the Location of the ship, It could be located at the fleet in the bottom left. Plus after a ship is created have the ability to hire venders to be located on your ship for like 1000-10000 credits a day per vender.

My too cents

Thank you

Dion aka syrth. Old Republic Dads the Shadowlands server.

Edited by dionmani