A Look At The Old Republic

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Begun the recruitment wars has, more people the game needs...

I'd say get a move on expanding the content and put in actual variety in the game if you want to retain your current player base instead needing to produce these recruitment ads. The better your current game is, the more likely your player base will recommend it to others and build your customer base in a more solid fashion.

Recruitment ads/incentives are temporary solutions, more exposure only hook the innocent ones, but it does nothing to retain them.

Improve your game quality asap, lack of freedom and variety is the biggest problem that BioWare should focus on as it is the single thing that is dictated entirely by BioWare's resolve and management.

Good job on making a good game for 2011, now bring it up to speed for 2012, you have 2 months to convince me this game will actually respond in a timely fashion to improve game quality instead of catering to pvp/raiders. Tera's shaping up to be a solid contender for my subscription fees after the first beta weekend, and with more weekends coming up, that game will only get better in my view compared to SWTOR.

I think I speak for more than just myself when I say that BioWare needs to stop coming out with ridiculous "New Player Guides", videos about how "great the game is!" and actually pay attention to the PROBLEMS with the game, you know, like the horrendously linear design of Ilum, the numerous bugs that still burden us in the end game and the rest of the game alike.

You've obviously confused your demographic. I get that its more about money than it is customer satisfaction at this point, but wasn't it obvious that you need to focus on actually fixing/creating end game content when you found out that most of the people who got to 50 within the first month have unsubscribed due to your total disregard of the community? All the DevTracker shows is that you address and answer the same, stupid drawn out questions asked by idiot players who can't follow basic instructions or learn to play the game, all too frequently without even providing us with any kind of solution to any of your REAL problems, writing it off constantly as a "thank you for your patience" or "working as intended".

Acknowledge the incredibly dissapointed hardcore-playerbase you've been losing since January, or I'm going back to Rift.

Nooo! Please dont go back to Rift! We will miss you so much! Wow haha, I mean I agree with most of what he is saying but that last part...hurts me.

I think there is a odd feel to this forum, no one can simply just not like or dislike TOR, everything gets blown out of proportion by the Drones, or the Fanbois

Useless threats made, ultermatiums, extreme desires and blindness plague this forum, seems that hardly anyone can respect anyone elses view, and that everyone feels their view is the correct view shared by everyone on the game and anyone who disagrees is a troll

The Fanbois, and the drones turn everything into a war.

You can not discuss anything with out a fanboi claiming your a troll for something, or a drone coming trying to ride the fail boat.

Its kind of funny, but very sad.

The war will continue, and common sense will lose out.

The best part of the entire vid that shows that they were paid actors or employees and not actual random players.

Time 2:04

The red colored saber has nothing to do a sith but actually dark side points, which anyone in this game would know by the time they reached an area that allowed for world PVP

But it sure did sound exciting when he said it if you never played the game before.

Edited by Emeda

It's like you guys spanked your monkey through the whole video. Or at least the first half, because that's when I turned it off.

I can understand you don't want to point out concerns or criticisms in your own game, but a little less trumpet blasting of your own egos would garner more integrity; at least in my books.

It's annoying and transparent. It's like going to a party and being 'that guy' who tells everyone how amazing he is.

I enjoy your game. I think your commercial is really lame and manipulative.

Simply showing in-game action sequences to music would have been more respectful.

What's even more comical is how SO many members have asked for communication from the development team.

Except, of course, for the dev tracker, the dev Q&A with 10-15 questions per week, and regular postings from the community team.

I honestly think that it's an awesome game. I played WoW for 7 years. I picked this game up about 2 weeks after it came out; I haven't played WoW since. Now, this isn't just an "I am trying to escape WoW" attempt, it just isn't. I also tried rift, I didn't even make it past level 37 in that game. SWTOR has offered some very new concepts. Such as:

1.) All characters have companions

2.) Class quests

3.) Every quest has a story line, choosing your responses (new to MMOs)

4.) Having your own ship! ( I especially love this, I no longer have to dread 10 minute flights in WoW.)

5.) Choosing your subclass (rift tried at this one, but it was way too complex and all of the sub-classes were similar)

6.) Flashpoints (though similar to dungeons, rolling for team responses to conversations make it a new concept.)

7.) Healing without mana as a resource (I absolutely LOVE healing on my bounty hunter!)

8.) Different group compositions (For instance, instead of needing 5 for a flashpoint, you only need 4.)

9.) The ability to gear out your companions (try giving your boar in WoW a helmet)

10.) Shared quest loot! (I always level with my best friend Colt, it's such a relief that we don't have to farm for the quest loot twice as long!)

I could go on and on about what I love about this game, but in the interest of time and forum space I won't. It's a new game guys, sure it needs some polishing, but it's way better off than WoW was when it first came out! WoW didn't even have battlegrounds when it first came out. So instead of just attacking the game without explaining your reasoning, give their teams some positive criticism and ideas.

That was a nice "Show the world we had a successful launch (2 months ago) video".

I would absolutely love to see a video showing me what your teams are doing RIGHT NOW. Grab that camera and roll through your offices. Show me what your people are doing RIGHT NOW. What's the art team working on? Which bugs are getting some focus? What is the combat system having tweaked? What work is being done to the game engine? What improvements are being gnawed on for the social aspect of the game?

Videos like this can be a powerful tool. Right now I don't feel very connected to the working side of this game - the developers and their teams. Introduce them to us and let us see what they are doing.

CCP's youtube channel is a great example for this. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CCPGAMES

Edited by Arigo

Hey guys, so it seems that the issue was that in this line of source code which we can't show you, we had to change an "IF X, THEN Y" to an "IF X, THEN Z". We've got mike currently compiling the new code, it's a 87.3% progress at the moment, should be done in another 25 minutes then greg here is going to start testing.

Do you NEED the dev's to give you a step by step run down of everything they're doing? If they say they're working on something, chances are they are. There is such thing as a priority queue. Perhaps the issue that you and 10 other vocal angry people face is less important to them than the issue that 2,000 others face. But of course they should dedicate all their time to every issue you personally face, before attending to others.

No, what I needed was for BioWare to not release a piece of crap, rushed, uninspired game. It's too late for redemption. It's 2012. We don't have years to wait for them to perfect it like we all did with WoW. It should have came out swinging, but instead it came out with voice-acting and very, very little in the way of fun gameplay.

The gaming community in this day-in-age is very unforgiving.

No, what I needed was for BioWare to not release a piece of crap, rushed, uninspired game. It's too late for redemption. It's 2012. We don't have years to wait for them to perfect it like we all did with WoW. It should have came out swinging, but instead it came out with voice-acting and very, very little in the way of fun gameplay.

The gaming community in this day-in-age is very unforgiving.

Yet, even though you think this way .....the game is a whopping success!!

Apparently TONS of people love this game.