No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

I really don't see what's so bad about giving players a choice. If you don't want to use cross-server lfg then don't use it. This really isn't a hard concept. No one's asking for a system like wow where you get a goody bag or tokens for using the lfg system. We just want to be able to run content without having to wait 1 hour+ just to get started. The most difficult part of group content should not be finding a group, it should be the content.

What??? No goodie bags?? /cry :(

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Group Finder feature we've discussed for the near future is definitely single-server only.

Well done Bioware! You've officially killed any of the low population servers with this decision. And because you can't be arsed to address the underlying issue of population on some servers and give us a proper answer.

/Golfclap on behalf of All players from Uthar Wynn - The handful that remain positive despite your best efforts to **** us.

Edit: Maybe you'll actually read this? **** would that be the day.

Edited by Mysquine

Well done Bioware! You've officially killed any of the low population servers with this decision. And because you can't be arsed to address the underlying issue of population on some servers and give us a proper answer.

/Golfclap on behalf of All players from Uthar Wynn - The handful that remain positive despite your best efforts to **** us.

Edit: Maybe you'll actually read this? **** would that be the day.

It is not in the commercial intrest of BW to have a load of underused servers, it makes commecical sence your server dies, and is turned off.

geek with no life hate crossrealm /LFG tool because they can't know each other as much.

Casual poeple who can't waist 20min+ to find a group don't want to play any game without a cross-realm /LFG tool anymore.

Huh? What are you on? So a player must have no life to wish to know the players that are on their server? To make online friends to enjoy the game with in game?

I play most times less than 2hrs for the day. I got stuff to do. I want when I log on to chat with the people I know in game. How does that make me a no life having geek?

It is not in the commercial intrest of BW to have a load of underused servers, it makes commecical sence your server dies, and is turned off.

Then do it, because I am sick and tired of seeing people going "this server is dead" in general, all of the time, asking for help on the forums - getting the thread locked, being pointed to the SUGGESTION FORUM.

1) was a bug that got fixed and queue time for almost everybody went down a lot. Even as a healer I had 30min + queue on a healty server before they made it cross realm.

I saw 20-25 minute queues as dps on a healthy server pre x-realm. That went to 45+ minutes post x-realm the 10-12 times I used it before giving up and organizing achievement runs in guild.

2) Things change if they would remove the cross server /LFG and /LFR do you honestly belive the game wouldn't see a massive un-sub ? Casual player represent the big $ and most casual player want it.

Do you think if Green Day played hardcore punk instead of radio friendly pop punk they would make more money? I always love the argument that being more commercial makes a everything inherently better especially when it comes to entertainment or art. As far as the money argument has to go, how many people who own green day's signature album "dookie," don't own a second green day album? Warcraft is the "dookie" of mmos only by a much larger margin in subs than green day ever saw with even their steep difference in record sales.

What ever you define as casual I relate to commercial. Most people I know who you consider "casual" players in mmos are either still listening to dookie or playing the newest mmo on the market at all times. I don't know why you would assert that "casual players" are commonly converted to loyalists of any mmo via features. I'd say its more like they move onto the latest greatest mmo and complain about not having the features they got in the last thing they played just like here. Why not go back to rift if that isn't the case? I would if thats how I really felt about it.

I'd realy like to see an in game poll about that and I bet you a week of pay that cross-server /lfg would be voted as a yes by a mile.

Its this mentality that has semi ruined this genre for me. MMO devs spend more time thinking about how to chase wide demographics of players rather than just unapologetically make what they think is a good game. Theres no question in my mind that this game will eventually get x-realm lfg. Thats because "dookie" is one of the best selling records you can arguably file under punk rock.

All of the threads in the world complaining about dead servers, asking for cross server LFG and server transfers are pointless.

You're from a server with a dwindling population? Don't complain on the forums, you'll just be attacked by the forum defence forces.

Vote with your wallet.

Join the exodus you are experiencing and be done with it.

All this fighting and complaining isn't accomplishing anything other than making this community look even worse.

Please explain to me how I can chose players from a list with an automated cross server LFG system?
You said "choose who I play with" ... which you can regardless of whether there's a single server lfg tool, or a cross server lfg tool, or only the current /who tool.

• right now, you can pick off a list however your leader wishes.
  • with a single server lfg tool, you can ignore it and continue to pick off a list however your leader wishes.
  • with a cross server lfg tool, you can ignore it and continue to pick off a list however your leader wishes.

the addition of an lfg tool, whether single or cross server, does not preclude the current methods of group formation. If you don't want to use said tool, you don't have to.

I have guildies in wow that still form groups that way; there are a couple that I don't think have ever queued up for a random pug. I did for a little less than half my groups in wow that way (I like pugging, so I'd volunteer to be the odd man out when needed).

Edited by ferroz

That's pathetic. So much for community.

LFG tools should include the entire community, not a sub-section of a community.

I guess cross server warzones are also out then.

Don't get too worried about that statement. BioWare will have precious few choices when it comes to addressing ever-shrinking populations on their servers:

• Merge Servers. There is no way EA would allow this as it's effectively admitting failure and would carry significant consequences to their stock price. Chalk this up as being in the not in any year soon time frame.
  • Server Transfers. They might do this, but they'd be transferring people from higher population servers to the low pop ones, not the other way around. (If they let people leave the low pop servers, they get completely instead of nearly dead servers. See above.) But then, who is really going to choose to leave a comfortably populated server (none is overpopulated right now) for a lesser populated one? Nobody. So while this sounds fun initially, it won't solve the problem.
  • Single-Server LFG. This won't work for the low-pop servers because there simply won't be a high enough number of people to keep groups rolling.
  • Cross-Server LFG. This is the only viable option to retain PvE oriented players who refuse to re-roll. They might get to it last, but they'll get to it.

Edited by DarthTHC

You said "choose who I play with" ... which you can regardless of whether there's a single server lfg tool, or a cross server lfg tool, or only the current /who tool.

• right now, you can pick off a list however your leader wishes.
  • with a single server lfg tool, you can ignore it and continue to pick off a list however your leader wishes.
  • with a cross server lfg tool, you can ignore it and continue to pick off a list however your leader wishes.

the addition of an lfg tool, whether single or cross server, does not preclude the current methods of group formation. If you don't want to use said tool, you don't have to.

I have guildies in wow that still form groups that way; there are a couple that I don't think have ever queued up for a random pug. I did for a little less than half my groups in wow that way (I like pugging, so I'd volunteer to be the odd man out when needed).

And how will that happen without the use of General Chat spam, an activity I've never agreed with. How can I use the cross server tool to select who I play with? Edited by DarthKhaos

Don't get too worried about that statement. BioWare will have precious few choices when it comes to addressing ever-shrinking populations on their servers:

• Merge Servers. There is no way EA would allow this as it's effectively admitting failure and would carry significant consequences to their stock price. Chalk this up as being in the not in any year soon time frame.
  • Server Transfers. They might do this, but they'd be transferring people from higher population servers to the low pop ones, not the other way around. (If they let people leave the low pop servers, they get completely instead of nearly dead servers. See above.) But then, who is really going to choose to leave a comfortably populated server (none is overpopulated right now) for a lesser populated one? Nobody. So while this sounds fun initially, it won't solve the problem.
  • Single-Server LFG. This won't work for the low-pop servers because there simply won't be a high enough number of people to keep groups rolling.
  • Cross-Server LFG. This is the only viable option to retain PvE oriented players who refuse to re-roll. They might get to it last, but they'll get to it.

You forgot the option of "Ignore all" there :)

how can you be against something that allows people to group faster? As of now I don't eve bother with flashpoints. Not all of us can play at peek times and many of us dont want to star over on higher pop servers.

hurry up and implement this already please. A lot of servers out there don't have the populations at different levels to find groups, I'd also like to see a same server tool for heroics, I don't think I touched any of them on half the planets because no one wanted to do them.

Go outside if you want some community...no foreal...

The community in TOR across servers is small enough that even with lfg we can still have a community (whatever that means)

I want instant queues...tired of staring at the fleets poor fixtures...

This is one of my biggest complaints and a feature that should have been in on release. Cross Server however might prove complicated due to the way the game is setup. I would be happy for just a LFG tool that works across worlds with the ability to summon a player to the instance.

In all the discussion of a cross-server LFG tool, some folks keep coming back to the "community destruction" argument and I simply cannot understand it. I would love to have more examples of what the benefits are of an isolated server community and how exactly that would be destroyed by a cross-server LFG tool.

So far I have experience on a few different servers ranging from low-pop to very heavy. None of them have felt like a true community. General chat is often nothing more than pointless aol-speak chatter, trolls, and the occasional racist/homophobic slur. Is this the precious community we don't want to disrupt?

When I find groups for flashpoints, the chat is kept to a minimum aside from requests to space-bar through any dialog. Attempts at conversation are ignored in favor of rushing through to the final boss. This is not a slam against SWTOR, but an observation about all MMO communities and the types of players this genre draws.

Standing around on the fleet spamming chat for LFG is just frustrating and does not contribute to a sense of community. An intra-server only LFG tool would be a great start, but does nothing to help people on dying servers.

Please reconsider adding a cross-server LFG tool as soon as possible!