The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

lvl 50 nub, thinking of cancelling sub

Aharaza

So here I ding 50, i've read all the drama on these boards thinking it can't be that bad.

I pvp'ed pre 50 to 40 valor, saved up on commendations to open 6 champ bags upon 50.

I opened the centurion and champ commendations that allowed me to buy 2 centurion items and 1 champ.

I did a couple of warzones and it's absolutely horrible. I die so fast and I hardly make a dent damage wise (i'm a vanguard running taugrims iron fist spec). Healers prevent me from killing anybody.So I travel to ilum... nobody is there and I resort to picking up 30 armanents for a daily, wow that was fun... driving circles in the center waiting for a chest to spawn.

I really liked the pvp game pre 50... but knowing how it'll end up has really dampened my spirits for this game. Sure I could roll a new char but eventually It'll jus head to the inevitable.

About the only thing keeping me in the game is thinking maybe that with some more pieces of pvp gear it'll make a big difference. I really don't want to be one of those cry babies that wines on boards that he'll cancel his sub. But god the pvp experience i'm having now just isn't fun. And I play games to have fun!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes you feel to quit, but i'd suggest you try it for a few days and you start being useful. Then suddenly it's fun again.

The contrast between being lvl 49 in lower bracket and being new 50 is too big because the lower bracket favors high levels too much.

I have 4 lvl 50 toons, and i went through all the same steps as you numerous of times.

I've got 3 level 50's, and this is the reason why.

The 10-49 bracket is so much fun. And I don't mean when you're 40+; I mean even at level 10, 15, 25, it's still fun.

The second you hit 50, you feel like a waste of space on your team. Like a detriment to their success.

You're not alone. If something doesn't change with the level 50 pvp, I'm going to log on for raid night to hang out with some friends, and that's it. I wonder how long that'll last before we all get bored of that.

Edited by Bluelion

So here I ding 50, i've read all the drama on these boards thinking it can't be that bad.

I pvp'ed pre 50 to 40 valor, saved up on commendations to open 6 champ bags upon 50.

I opened the centurion and champ commendations that allowed me to buy 2 centurion items and 1 champ.

I did a couple of warzones and it's absolutely horrible. I die so fast and I hardly make a dent damage wise (i'm a vanguard running taugrims iron fist spec). Healers prevent me from killing anybody.So I travel to ilum... nobody is there and I resort to picking up 30 armanents for a daily, wow that was fun... driving circles in the center waiting for a chest to spawn.

I really liked the pvp game pre 50... but knowing how it'll end up has really dampened my spirits for this game. Sure I could roll a new char but eventually It'll jus head to the inevitable.

About the only thing keeping me in the game is thinking maybe that with some more pieces of pvp gear it'll make a big difference. I really don't want to be one of those cry babies that wines on boards that he'll cancel his sub. But god the pvp experience i'm having now just isn't fun. And I play games to have fun!

Suck it up. All mmo with gear progression is like that.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

What server is there no action on Ilum?

Yes you will be pretty inferior until you start getting more and more gear, thus why you are going to see ranked WZ's. Welcome to the gear grind.

Grind out daily+weekly and dont buy the pvp weapons except offhand and you are full cent(500 expertise) within 1-2 days.

Get a full PvP gear first, you should have it by the time you complete both weekly quests(most pieces anyway and over 400 expertise), for centurion pieces customize your mods with Ilum heroic daily quest and you'll be set for a begginer. Took my fresh 50 commando 4 days to set myself ready. If you wasn't expecting to be hit by a wall of gear difference just after you hit 50, then MMO PvP is not for you as it will be like that everywhere.

Just do dailies/weekly for first week and you'll be fine.

Then just slowly get champ pieces and you'll start owning some bums.

Edited by Lerdoc

You're playing a very gear heavy class- as warrior types are always in mmos. If you take the rather small amount of time to gear up- you'll see a very big change in how long you live- running with a premade or at least healer will also increase your ability considerably.

Frankly, if you're looking to hit max and be viable instantly- mmorpgs won't give you that, ever.

UM, I have a question how how you only got 3 pieces of gear out of the commendations from 6 bags. Actually, I probably know why, but if you're a fresh 50, wouldn't you worry more about getting your expertice high and do it fast? I'm not dogging your choice in gear, but for the same amount you could've got 2 Cent implants, 1 Cent earpiece, 1 Cent OH shield, and a Champ Trinket. That's 5 pieces of gear for a total of 204 expertice. You'd also be 1 bag away from enough Champ commendations for a 2nd trinket which would put you at 252 expertice.

I mean those might not be the pieces you wanted, but still, 5 pieces compared to 3 for a fresh 50 in PvP definitely makes a different Expertice wise...

I prefer to fight , not to grind.

From 10 - 49 you learn your class vs other classes in warzones. That's plentiful of time to practice.

At lvl 30 you should get the feel of your character.

But then once you smack to 50, you are like naked again.

Having to accept being bashed like a dummy for as long as it will take for you to be able to withstand serious crits.

Grinding is boring as hell.

But if you enjoy it, good for you. You found your favorite game.

If you find yourself unable to gear up via pvp then get some of the high end pve stuff from hardmodes / operations.

It's not as good as the equivalent pvp gear (for pvp) but it'll be much better than what you have from leveling or bought on the gtn @ lvl 50.

You're a tank. You're not supposed to kill anybody. Your job is to die and die painfully and slowly. I'm a tank too. I didn't PvP until 50. I've had no problems getting my medals. Hint: dying is not losing.

People tend to play games for 'fun'. Dieing and not being able to kill anything in a warzones is not considered fun by sane people :>

Don't forget that you can do Belsavis and Ilum dailies that will give you purple mods. They also net you at least 100k+ credits per day, which you can use to purchase purple gear and mods from the GTN.

PvP players alot of them like me dont do pve dailys.I hate pve content

to stay pvp competitive..I will unsub before i do that.

Like any game, it takes time to get the good end-game pvp gear. People want everything to be easy these days... Casuals have completely wrecked gaming.

Edited by eklipzze

Like any game, it takes time to get the good end-game pvp gear. People want everything to be easy these days... Casuals have completely wrecked gaming.

Now you're holding the flag for hardcore gamers? But its ok for hardcore gamers to buy a new game with little or no endgame?

Make up your mind Eklipzze.

If your hardcore, a low amount of endgame content is going to drive you away b/c of boredom. If you're casual you'll be content with little endgame, no?

You're talking out of your ***.

lets stay on topic and keep our cool, kids.

Sure, starting out as a fresh 50 is hard, but it gets alot better. Dinged 50 3 weeks ago, when everyone on my server was full champ already.

At the moment I'm full champion with 7 battlemaster pieces.

Don't give up, and perhaps don't come to the forums and whine about this and that. It's really pathetic to do. Either man up or quit. If you need attention I suggest you start playing some real life.

Its so easy to get many pieces of PvP gear in a short span of time right now. Try it for 2 weeks. You should see dramatic improvements.

Remember the players that are sitting at Battlemaster are pretty much stagnant and due to soft caps in expertise they won't experience dramatic increase in performance. It will be glaring as you start bridging the gap and you notice those that used to annihilate you become normalized.

Honestly, the barrier to entry is so very low, the game in its current state has the easiest and most accessible PvP gearing route for a player to become viable and build on that platform. Its just that many players make knee-jerk reactions and don't stick with what actually a very short gearing curve.

In the meantime, enhance your gameplay. Focus on being a team player and providing utility or something extra if you can't bring raw damage. Sometimes playing smart like learning positioning in Huttball or being an intelligent player that excels at delaying caps is worth much much more then damage.

Things change in a short period. Kinda ironic cause only today I was talking to a guild mate ( sentinel ) who mentioned only a couple weeks ago he was really frustrated with his class and getting destroyed by people. From what he used to say in guild chat, he was basically on the brink of re-rolling. However he just stuck with it and resisted the urge to reroll. Now he is reaping the benefits. In Ilum he just won a 3 vs 1. He also dramatically started putting out huge numbers in warzones although mostly champ geared.

Check out this great gearing guide for fresh 50's http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=222960