A /facepalm moment for the merc community

LarkBenson

So I just had to share this with the merc community because I thought it was both funny and also representative of how completely idiotic 90% of the mercs on my server are. Just to show you how bad it is, of the dozens I've run into playing as pyro, I can count the number that know they can cure my dots on one hand. It's brutal.

Anyway, was in a WZ today and stomped a tracer spamming baddie by popping in and out of LOS. He literally stood there trying to hit nothing but tracer, and it was absurdly easy to kill him. Then he starts chirping in general chat, telling me to stop being a ***** and go face to face with him. I laugh at him in general and keep playing the match, then later the same situation plays out and he goes off. I try to tell him I'm playing to my spec, that it's exactly what I SHOULD be doing, etc, and all he can reply with are things like 'well I wouldn't want to play your spec if it means playing like a *****'.

I even tried to explain to him after the game why pyro can be a better WZ spec, but he wasn't having any of it. His last comment was something along the lines of 'just don't waste my time if you're gonna fight like a *****', as if I should just ignore him as a target because he doesn't like the way I play.

Sometimes I feel like merc is the new huntard.

Do you play on Saber of Exar Kun?

Had a similar run in with a merc the other day in a WZ. It was pretty funny.

It's amazing how some people get worked up about things you would never think twice about in a million years.

Edited by Dr_Chaos

Do you play on Saber of Exar Kun?

Had a similar run in with a merc the other day in a WZ. It was pretty funny.

It's amazing how some people get worked up about things you would never think twice about in a million years.

Nope, I play on Kinrath Spider (or something close to it, that's off the top of my head).

That's what I mean about mercs being the new huntards though. It's so easy for someone to stand on a catwalk, spam tracer and think they're good, so they don't put any time into actually learning how to play. Today I saw two mercs in supercommando gear. I died a little inside.

is "huntard" supposed to be an insult? sounds funny coming from a wow nerd

'Huntard' was the name given to the waves of bad hunters that flooded WoW once the class became FoTM in various incarnations. The class seemed to appeal to a lot of casuals and children because of the pet aspect (and big red kitty pew pewing), and as a result there were an enormous number of really, really bad hunters in the game from about TBC onward. And because their bad behaviour was so obvious (especially in PvP), the name caught on and stuck.

My main was actually a hunter for most of my time in the game, so I'm not trying to throw it around as an insult to hunters. Just saying that mercs seem to have the same broad appeal that results in attracting a lot of really bad players that can spec arsenal, blow a few things up and feel good about themselves without actually learning how to play the class.

I understand your gripe to an extent. The way that other guy reacted was beyond unnecessary. Although your post here is a little of the same.

I’m new to MMO’s and to the BH Mercenary build. I’ve played DCUO a little but found that game to be really really lame after getting to endgame and raiding. I held my own but to me it is day and night with how SWTOR is set up.

I can say I have no clue what I’m really supposed to be doing or gearing towards. I’m learning that from going through these boards though. The thing is, as a new person, I don’t want to worry about jumping into a WZ and have to worry about if I’m playing my role to a tee or else get blasted for being a nOOb. Not everyone has years of their life wasted with WoW or Everquest or something… So the guy sucked at PVP and his class… he’ll get to endgame or already is and won’t be able to group because people will start to know how bad he is. He will then just cancel his sub and won’t be around anymore..

I always love how people get mad when you don't fight whatever they define fair as. Which tends to be, "Hold still in one spot and only use half your quickslots until I kill you.". Personally, I learned how to PvP smart just by watching other people wipe the floor with me :D.

wouldnt that be wowtard?

i like it

'Huntard' was the name given to the waves of bad hunters that flooded WoW once the class became FoTM in various incarnations. The class seemed to appeal to a lot of casuals and children because of the pet aspect (and big red kitty pew pewing), and as a result there were an enormous number of really, really bad hunters in the game from about TBC onward. And because their bad behaviour was so obvious (especially in PvP), the name caught on and stuck.

My main was actually a hunter for most of my time in the game, so I'm not trying to throw it around as an insult to hunters. Just saying that mercs seem to have the same broad appeal that results in attracting a lot of really bad players that can spec arsenal, blow a few things up and feel good about themselves without actually learning how to play the class.

this is the exact reason id like to see another game attempt swgs skill system. complex > i win

I understand your gripe to an extent. The way that other guy reacted was beyond unnecessary. Although your post here is a little of the same.

I’m new to MMO’s and to the BH Mercenary build. I’ve played DCUO a little but found that game to be really really lame after getting to endgame and raiding. I held my own but to me it is day and night with how SWTOR is set up.

I can say I have no clue what I’m really supposed to be doing or gearing towards. I’m learning that from going through these boards though. The thing is, as a new person, I don’t want to worry about jumping into a WZ and have to worry about if I’m playing my role to a tee or else get blasted for being a nOOb. Not everyone has years of their life wasted with WoW or Everquest or something… So the guy sucked at PVP and his class… he’ll get to endgame or already is and won’t be able to group because people will start to know how bad he is. He will then just cancel his sub and won’t be around anymore..

Do not let anyone fool you, new game, we are all new people

elitisim is already rearing its ugly head

Bad mercs are my favorite.. it's just too funny.

I open on a baddie with my operative... he stands up and starts the missile spam as I am in his face. of course I interrupt it so he proceeds to stand there while I stab him keeping in mind his health is probably at 40% by now. Ok the lock out is over so now I stun him when he goes for another and by the time he can manage to even get one off he is dead. He never even moves this entire time and what's funny is you know he is just standing there spamming that button for tracer missile.

Speaking of loltards, I've had a guy complaining on general chat in Huttball over my tracer missle spam, which wasn't really excessive, but what can I do when he just stays in the open within my range.

So I decided to prove a point and used rapid shots ONLY. I picked the guy out and killed him three times in a row with nothing but RAPID SHOTS! That stopped the general chat spam, but I guess we'll have people spamming the forum now how OP rapid shots are :)

Nope, I play on Kinrath Spider (or something close to it, that's off the top of my head).

That's what I mean about mercs being the new huntards though. It's so easy for someone to stand on a catwalk, spam tracer and think they're good, so they don't put any time into actually learning how to play. Today I saw two mercs in supercommando gear. I died a little inside.

Was it Bzzt? Worst BH on Kinrath :p.

I really really don't get those kinds of people, why in the world would you just spam tracer. That would be like if I tried to spam bladestorm everytime when its of the cooldown forgetting that overhead slash should be done first because that increases the crit chance of bladestorm. (or something like that it was)

Isn't it also in their case that tracer missle buffs other skills?

All I see from the BH are tracer mostly and occassionly I see them harpooning someone in melee range and that's about it.

I swear playing tracer missile spec damages your brain. I'm a decent pvp'er with most classes, but playing my arsenal merc lowbie alt makes me do stupid **** constantly.

There is something to that :D I am a fan of Pyro builds ever since beta, but I went Arsenal on my BH alt and I often just end up spamming the Tracer :rolleyes: Sometimes I do it just to troll people. Find a ledge, look around, find a target in range who stands silly in the open...KABOOM. Its hilarious how often people stand and try to find who is blowing them up.