Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh-huh, yeah I am sure you are open minded enough for it.:rolleyes:

This is really getting tiring.....

- Nevermind BW has rolled major patches out practically weekly and sometimes more than once a week.

- Nevermind BW has bent over backwards listening to these forums and prioritizing major issues like Ability Delay.

- Nevermind BW introduced additional end game content within the first month.

- Nevermind BW will have their second MAJOR patch in the first 3 months of play.

- Nevermind practically every server has enjoyed near 100% uptime outside of scheduled maintenance.

The game ain't perfect, if you were expecting it to be, or demanding every fix that is personally important to you within 3 months of release, you truly are insufferable.

Major patches every week? WRONG

The additional content w/in first month was supposed to be there at launch. WRONG

Bio bending over 'backwards' listening to players? WRONG

No matter how much you try to put it to the side, the fact is this game fails on so many levels.

And people are leaving fast.

14 people in my guild have quit in the past two weeks.

Major patches every week? WRONG

The additional content w/in first month was supposed to be there at launch. WRONG

No matter how much you try to put it to the side, the fact is this game fails on so many levels.

And people are leaving fast.

14 people in my guild have quit in the past two weeks.

So why not make it 15 and leave yourself? Honestly, the sooner you lot go back to WoW the better! You can all gather round the fire and cry because you are so bored, and why isn't GW2 out so we can go rag on their game? Then you will head off to Tera to tell them how bad they failed... Insta grats who cannot be pleased by anyone or anything. This game didn't fail at all, you guys did. :cool:

So why not make it 15 and leave yourself? Honestly, the sooner you lot go back to WoW the better! You can all gather round the fire and cry because you are so bored, and why isn't GW2 out so we can go rag on their game? Then you will head off to Tera to tell them how bad they failed... Insta grats who cannot be pleased by anyone or anything. This game didn't fail at all, you guys did. :cool:

Dont worry, its your sad attitude that will get the game not killed, but hated. We wont go back to WoW, I know you lack the capability to grasp that, but we rather have SWTOR succeed, but just to reiterate, Im sure you lack the IQ to understand that.

Too late, hell it feels like we'll see a 1.1.9.1 before a 1.2 at this point. Every time I check to see if anything substantial or significant is going to be patched in I look for the 1.2 because apparently a LOT is going into it...unfortunately it's just another 1.1.something.

They either gotta implement 1.2 or shuddup about it frankly. that's my 2 cents anyhow.

Too late, hell it feels like we'll see a 1.1.9.1 before a 1.2 at this point. Every time I check to see if anything substantial or significant is going to be patched in I look for the 1.2 because apparently a LOT is going into it...unfortunately it's just another 1.1.something.

They either gotta implement 1.2 or shuddup about it frankly. that's my 2 cents anyhow.

And the sad thing is many players believe this ALLMIGHTY PATCH will make the game oh so much better.

It wont.

Bio is working wayyyyy to slowly on what this game needs. They are NOT addressing issues as they should.

I will not continue paying good money to a company that takes its sweet time in doing average things. Ive paid enough money to Bioware, and will not continue to do so until THEY PROVE THEY CAN ACT PROFFESIONALLY AND QUICKLY.

Its this type of attitude that is giving the community a bad reputation. Keep it up and because of people like you, very few players will be left.

Your actually working against Bioware by doing this. And making the problem worse.

Aint about full patches, its about incremental fixes as a whole. Why wait to put in a bunch when you can do a few NOW ? And rushed? rushed?

After as much development as this game had, right now we should be seeing the polishing / forgotten items phase, not the developmental phase of things they should have seen coming. I want the polish patches, not the extra content / developmental crap.

Fix the bugs - incrementally if need be but NOW, not in a patch in another month.

Here's the thing I want to put in although I've unsubscribed from the game some time ago and escaped the evil clutches of this game relatively unscathed.

Anything that they have listed in 1.2 Patch that is set for March or April (interested to see if that gets pushed back) should be completely fleshed out. There should be no bugs (the ones they fixed) and whatever exploits that were corrected should be done so. As well as all the Guild mechanic and Legacy system stuff..

That being said, in theroy there should not be any issue with them releasing these smallers updates if they wanted to, IF they truely had the fix for it ready. One that I would want implemented immeadieately is something like the Warzone daily fixes or exploit patch overs. These aren't things that should sit on the back burner while your game is obviously and I do mean OBVIOUSLY bleeding players at quite a healthy rate. There may be a drove of folks that leave one month and you gain a solid group, but honestly now that the hype has died down for this game. I'm not positve if the increase is surpassing the decrease in players. (ALL OPINION OF COURSE)

The scary part is the people who are still playing have close to a month still to wait for these fixes that BiowErA supposedly has. If those supposed patches fail I'll feel some apathy for those that stuck around to see and were disappointed, but I won't be able to say they didn't have fair warning.

Edited by Opapanax

Here's the thing I want to put in although I've unsubscribed from the game some time ago and escaped the evil clutches of this game relatively unscathed.

Anything that they have listed in 1.2 Patch that is set for March or April (interested to see if that gets pushed back) should be completely fleshed out. There should be no bugs (the ones they fixed) and whatever exploits that were corrected should be done so. As well as all the Guild mechanic and Legacy system stuff..

That being said, in theroy there should not be any issue with them releasing these smallers updates if they wanted to, IF they truely had the fix for it ready. One that I would want implemented immeadieately is something like the Warzone daily fixes or exploit patch overs. These aren't things that should sit on the back burner while your game is obviously and I do mean OBVIOUSLY bleeding players at quite a healthy rate. There may be a drove of folks that leave one month and you gain a solid group, but honestly now that the hype has died down for this game. I'm not positve if the increase is surpassing the decrease in players. (ALL OPINION OF COURSE)

The scary part is the people who are still playing have close to a month still to wait for these fixes that BiowErA supposedly has. If those supposed patches fail I'll feel some apathy for those that stuck around to see and were disappointed, but I won't be able to say they didn't have fair warning.

You make too much sense.

As Bios other patches have failed, and they had to patch the patch, I wouldnt be suprised if that happens.

And the other issues/exploits should be taken care of NOW. BUT BIO IS DOING NOTHING.

I keep hearing GIVE THEM MOAR TIMEEEEEEE, lol...give me a break. I refuse to give them money while playing a beta type of mmo.

Its really sad about this game. So many of us wanted to enjoy it.

You make too much sense.

As Bios other patches have failed, and they had to patch the patch, I wouldnt be suprised if that happens.

And the other issues/exploits should be taken care of NOW. BUT BIO IS DOING NOTHING.

I keep hearing GIVE THEM MOAR TIMEEEEEEE, lol...give me a break. I refuse to give them money while playing a beta type of mmo.

There's a balance that devs have to maintain to keep their patch benchmarks in line. I'm sure alot of thought goes in intially as to how long to fix something might take. I think we've seen that some developers will straight out lie about something being fixed and will leave people waiting for those fixes that have set releases, watch them come; know they'll fail and act completely *********** surprised about it.

I'm not saying that's going on here with BiowErA and SWTOR right now, but...

Not much surprises me right now with this title. It could have a completely 180 and have everything fixed by next Tuesday and I'd wake up the next day without a gray hair. I'm not too worried about that happening however cause it just aint happening. This game has a few broken pieces but still runs.

Kinda like that old grandfathers clock in your hallway that has the broken hands that don't move any more, but that mofo' will toll every hour on the hour just to remind your ***** *** you can't tell the time on it.. (You can by the number of tolls but that's the point Biodrones)

Crazy...

Edited by Opapanax

Like it or not there are easily enough Star Wars fans who play this game to keep it thriving - with or without you. A genuine concern for the welfare of fanboys everywhere is OBVIOUSLY the real reason you're preaching doom on the game. Guess what? Warning the media about failure only matters if you have the media's attention. Other than driving them to find your on/off switch, you don't. Camping in Star Wars' yard flaming Star Wars fans and their hobby - brilliant strategy. Helloooooo ... think McFly - and keep your apathy. (ALL OPINION OF COURSE.) Edited by Averran
ic

BW auto-responding to tickets then auto-closing them? CHECK

I can deal with bugs, but this one yesterday set me off. I've written software for 20 years and haven't seen anything like that before. The text in the auto-response said I should continue to check patch notes in future updates... REALLY?

You make too much sense.

Nightfalll... this game has some pretty serious bugs- but don't over exergate and QQ endlessly, it's not a beta game-- it is a finished product.

It is playable. stop the QQing

If you are unhappy with the game.. leave. Most of us are enjoying the game and recognize that this game has not been out for long. We also know that changes/fixes/new stuff are being worked on. We actually have patience.

Seriously, if you think "this game sucks" or "They have to fix this NOW or I leave" then I think you will be much happier moving on. You might want to try the game out in a year (maybe) once more content has come out and the current bugs are a distant dream. Of course there will be a whole new set of bugs to deal with, that is the nature of MMOs.

Let's have a constructive discussion about this.

Welcome to MMORPGs.

TOR has more content at release than any other MMORPG I've played.

If you've already exhausted it all, good luck finding a game that does/did it better.

IMO, MMORPG players today are unreasonable, impatient, and selfish beyond belief.

By far the worst part of the MMORPG scene today is a lot of the players.

Play the game like a job, play every waking moment, and then complain that there's nothing to do. Logical. If some of you spent as much time on school or employment you wouldn't be living with your parents with nothing to do except play MMORPGs 60 hours a week.

Like it or not there are easily enough Star Wars fans who play this game to keep it thriving - with or without you. A genuine concern for the welfare of fanboys everywhere is OBVIOUSLY the real reason you're preaching doom on the game. Guess what? Warning the media about failure only matters if you have the media's attention. Other than driving them to find your on/off switch, you don't. Camping in Star Wars' yard flaming Star Wars fans and their hobby - brilliant strategy. Helloooooo ... think McFly - and keep your apathy. (ALL OPINION OF COURSE.)

Look dude I don't have time to go on a personal crusade to demolish this game. That would just be a waste of time and considering EA has 200 Million in their pockets to throw doesn't look good on my part.

But what I lack in funds and actual "programming" knowledge I more than make up in my abilities as a competent gamer who knows when **** is broken. We've all played enough games (maybe) to understand when something simply isn't up to par.

I came here gave a straight opinion and didn't take an all out effort to flame this game or the people here. Just because you've invested your $120 into the game doesn't mean you have to be some lap dog to them.

Sitting here and trying to act like **** is all peachy is not going to help the game or the community in the long run. People with responses like this act like they're the ones that actually sat down to develope this game and that they truely have some vested interest in the success of SWTOR.

The game is playable and is an "MMO" in so many words, but for real though this game is lacking on so many fronts and the stench of the shortcomings is becoming ever pungent. I can't tell you what to do with ya hard earned cash and invauleable time. All I can do is give you my impression on how things are going.

You can take it or leave it. I could care less, but don't try to come at me like I'm on some fanboy ****. Cause I don't come on here preaching about any other games like GW2 or WoW or RIft, etc. I'm into good games I'm not concerend with being some titles fanboy..

Get ya **** straight and don't be mad at me that YOU OBVIOUISLY are complacent with giving Bioware your money for a half-assed job..

Get real brah..

Edited by Opapanax

"Like it or not there are easily enough Star Wars fans who play this game to keep it thriving - with or without you."

Really? Sample server pops for yourself. Right now, over half are LIGHT, the rest are STANDARD. Easy to do, few mouse clicks you can roll a generic toon on whatever server you want, both sides, on as many servers as you like, and count noses. The LIGHT servers vary in pop anywhere from sub-100 to sub-300 in total pop. STANDARD, sub-1000. I seriously doubt there's 50k people playing the game in the entire US, on a Saturday morning, with crappy weather (here)...last night, during absolute prime play time, probably wasn't 75k. So where are all these Star Wars fans who are going to keep the game thriving hiding at? Show'em to me, I want to play the game with them...instead of being locked on a dead server where I am sometimes the only player logged on the entire server.

Edited by Smitar

"Like it or not there are easily enough Star Wars fans who play this game to keep it thriving - with or without you."

Really? Sample server pops for yourself. Right now, over half are LIGHT, the rest are STANDARD. Easy to do, few mouse clicks you can roll a generic toon on whatever server you want, both sides, on as many servers as you like, and count noses. The LIGHT servers vary in pop anywhere from sub-100 to sub-300 in total pop. STANDARD, sub-1000. I seriously doubt there's 50k people playing the game in the US, on a Saturday morning, with crappy weather (here)...last night, during absolute prime play time, probably wasn't 75k. So where are all these Star Wars fans who are going to keep the game thriving hiding at? Show'em to me, I want to play the game with them...instead of being locked on a dead server where I am sometimes the only player logged on the entire server.

i'm not a starwars fan or anthing as some poeple. i like some starwars thigns and ahte others. but right now thigns are going to be in the light range, school and poepel are at work. once it past 6 pm the pops will jump to standard and a few to heavy.

Let them take as long as they need for patches, my sub runs out today :( hopefully in a few months things will be sorted, there will be some content after 50, dead servers will have been merged and EU maintenance times will be at a more suitable time. they could merge half the EU servers now