Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

I only read like the first 9 pages of this thread, so if my point has been pointed out already, you can go suck your nuts. The problem with the people QQing in this thread is that they actually believe that TOR should just 3 months after release be at at the same quality/gameplay/whatever-level that WoW was after years and years of polishing, bug fixes, class balancing, and new content.

No, I expect it to be better, just like I expect Gears of War 1 to be better than Quake 2.

"Content" isn't really an issue as only current endgame content matters in either game. Honestly, the years of content and expansions are a detriment to WoW, not an asset. They revamped the 1-60 leveling with Cata and it's much improved, but as soon as you hit 60 you have to go 5 years of gameplay advances back in time. That's gotta make it hard on new players, and an awful lot of alts die at level 62. I would not be too shocked if Blizz introduced a system that let you skip BC and Wrath content if you like.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only read like the first 9 pages of this thread, so if my point has been pointed out already, you can go suck your nuts. The problem with the people QQing in this thread is that they actually believe that TOR should just 3 months after release be at at the same quality/gameplay/whatever-level that WoW was after years and years of polishing, bug fixes, class balancing, and new content. Jesus F-ing Christ, the game is a quarter of a year old, give BW a f'ing break. See how the game is after a year or so. In the meantime, if keeping the subscription up is too expensive for you, save your money, go play Rift for a few months and see how much better this game was even at launch.

I wouldn't have a problem with end-game content if it were functional. It doesn't have to be numerous, just fun.

PVE dailies on Belsavis/Ilum = worst experience in the game and repetitive

Ilum PVP = I have never experienced it as I've never seen >10 people on Ilum

PVP = no cross server ranked PVP, so outcome determined before 80% of warzones start

HM flashpoints = No LFG so it's hard to find a group. They're generally the same thing as Normal Mode except with rage timers and more bugs.

What about this looks entertaining?

Honestly if the end game content that they already have worked correctly, I'd be having fun. But it doesn't.

Edited by kristoffbrujah

I wouldn't have a problem with end-game content if it were functional. It doesn't have to be numerous, just fun.

PVE dailies on Belsavis/Ilum = worst experience in the game and repetitive

Ilum PVP = I have never experienced it as I've never seen >10 people on Ilum

PVP = no cross server ranked PVP, so outcome determined before 80% of warzones start

HM flashpoints = No LFG so it's hard to find a group. They're generally the same thing as Normal Mode except with rage timers and more bugs.

What about this looks entertaining?

Canned fan boy response #1:

OMG YOU RUSHED END GAME, YOUR FAULT. NO GAME HAS GOOD END GAME THIS FAST (except you know, Rift, which came from a no name company with a fraction of the budget). LAWL GO BACK TO WOW.

Canned fan boy response #1:

OMG YOU RUSHED END GAME, YOUR FAULT. NO GAME HAS GOOD END GAME THIS FAST (except you know, Rift, which came from a no name company with a fraction of the budget). LAWL GO BACK TO WOW.

Canned fan boy response #2 from http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=224036:
Are you 10/10 on nightmare(kp,ev)? You arn't done, thats content you havnt experienced- you havnt fought the rancor, you havnt fought the lava demon, you havnt solved the jungle puzzle, you havnt solved the robot puzzle, you havn't learned to manage soa's lightning balls, you havnt learned to mow the lawn with karaga's napalm.

Hardmodes are what you do to prepare yourselves for them, each hardmode has its own piece of gear, once you have the set pieces picked out, you will need to accumulate a second set's worth of gear to scrounge for the modules that you really want to be in them. More importantly, hard modes is where you make friends, establish yourself as being good at your role, demonstrate your capability to figure out (or research) what is happening in a fight, to keep a cool head when things go wrong and to lead.

End game is fine. Varied, challenging, enthralling. Bugs are being fixed and the player base is slowly learning how to do ilum right (large packs of roving zergs vying for assault points).

Edited by GalacticKegger

His response isn't relevant.

End game is there, but it's not working. He lists end game ops (bugged) and Hard Modes (bugged). Ilum has horrible design flaws like access, size and objectives.

A lot of us have done the stuff he's talking about but found the content poorly designed or too bugged to actually complete. Things that we expected to see that would give the game more life like LFG and cross-server are too slow in coming to keep subscribers. Fixes for gamebreaking bugs aren't coming fast enough.

Edited by kristoffbrujah

SanguineGus. Whatever point he is making doesn't have anything to do with my point.

I am trying end game content but have a hard time enjoying/completing it.

Perhaps SanguineGus' crowd is where we all need to be then instead of camped here crying in each other's beer. :) Edited by GalacticKegger

I hope they fix bugs like...

Lightsaber are on when not being used... it just hurt the look of the game... still Beta?

Stuck on the ground after a push attack... lying there like a turtle on the back...

Random crashes... game work better when I use Fraps in the background? Huh?

Slow attack or not working 100% with animations...

And I would also love if they removed Huttball from the game in patch 1.2, and that it never ever come back!

I just came back after the free month ended, its been several weeks since I played and the only thing (except illum) that I've seen changed is the performance is better, rest is just the same which was initially a disappointed before reading about 1.2.

I hope 1.2 makes notable changes to the game unlike 1.1 seems to have and don't mind waiting a week more or so.

I hope they fix bugs like...

Lightsaber are on when not being used... it just hurt the look of the game... still Beta?

Stuck on the ground after a push attack... lying there like a turtle on the back...

Random crashes... game work better when I use Fraps in the background? Huh?

Slow attack or not working 100% with animations...

And I would also love if they removed Huttball from the game in patch 1.2, and that it never ever come back!

I see you just joined our community this month. Welcome aboard! What exactly is it about Huttball you dislike so much? If you're using Fraps without issue, then perhaps raw video of what you are encountering might help prove your points. :) Edited by GalacticKegger

1.2 cant be to late. the game has just launched, if anything the patch is hitting just right, so what if its 3 months in from release but thats normal for mmo's. peeps that say im never going to play this again can say that but 70% of them will be back.

they invested into the game by buying it and leveling in it. when they come back is the real choice for them. if they like what they see after a break they will stay and if they dont they will leave.

But bioware have been doing a good job even if it isnt fast enough for some. lucas have now stood behind bioware and gone, this is a game that represents us. this game aint going to die and it can only get stronger.

Honestly, at this point it's not about content or anything like that. I have one 50 and another on the way, and am currently almost too busy with current end-game activities. Then again, I take my time while playing..

What is really starting to irk me are all the bugs, crashes and performance issues. The game still freezes up randomly when entering or leaving flashpoints/warzones, performance tanking in Ilum whenever more than a couple handfuls worth of people decide to pvp etc. Lets see. what else.. Disappearing and missing textures, texture artifacting.

It will be interesting to see how they fix their performance issues, as I'm pretty sure they stem from the cpu being overburdened with texture atlas calculations. Rather than just sending the data to the card to be processed, every texture on every frame now needs to be calculated so that they pose the least burdon to the graphics subsystem.. at the expense of CPU time.. genius thinking there... And we wonder why nVidia still hasn't come up with SLI or 3D vision profiles for the most anticipated MMO in recent years. Usually nVidia has their profiles in the drivers before games are out of beta.

I'm not overly concerned about 1.2 being too late so much as I am concerned about how little they've spoken about it after saying it was coming in March. One would think they would be wise and toss 1.2 onto a hype train and start talking in depth about some of it's features, such as the Legacy expansion as many people are holding out on alt's until they can get a better idea of how it will work.

I'm not overly concerned about 1.2 being too late so much as I am concerned about how little they've spoken about it after saying it was coming in March. One would think they would be wise and toss 1.2 onto a hype train and start talking in depth about some of it's features, such as the Legacy expansion as many people are holding out on alt's until they can get a better idea of how it will work.

Because they don't know how much of it will make it into 1.2

They can't talk about a feature coming in 1.2 if they can't commit on making the deadline. They can't talk about the new legacy features in 1.2 because they don't how much of it they will be able to implement and roll in.

Edited by Muskaan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khyler

So what? That's the point, It's been discovered that GUILD BANKS are necessities, so why wasn't it available at launch? This is 2012, your Competition has these things already. You can't come out with a new game, lacking what your competition already has going for it.

Would you buy a new car today, without power steering, air conditioning? Better yet, would you buy it with an 8-Track player, and the dealer telling you, soon we'll have a cd player ready for it and will install that for you. And all the other brands have IPOD connections and bluetooth.

That is the issue, here. Why is so much of the "current" basics missing?

And when your new car has recalls, do you flame them?

First off you are right Khyler they should have a guild bank at first start I know the beta tester said it needs one. I mean come on 2012 and this game is acting 1998 yeah I agree everything. I don't think this will last long at all I see people canceling subs left and right we use to have a popular guild now hardly anyone get on. And for the person has a snotty comment about new cars. Let say you are in for a heart transplant and I tell you about it and you got all excited about it, but I replace your heart with a potato. I call you back for a recall for some patches to keep you alive but don't replace your heart for the correct one. Make sense. This is how the game is period.

See its not just no guild banks. This game somehow lacks a ton of features that are norm for any mmo. No /roll system...like really??? LOL how embarrassing to forget that BW huh? How about a global channel to at least look for a group? No Combat log? No this...no that.. I mean ***

I mean there are so many BASIC features missing that I honestly don't what what they were thinking... Who does the planning around there? Didn't you have a checklist to implement basic mmo features?

Its quite clear your staff needs a list to remind them of basic features that 15+ year old games had at launch

Edited by vortexdr

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khyler

So what? That's the point, It's been discovered that GUILD BANKS are necessities, so why wasn't it available at launch? This is 2012, your Competition has these things already. You can't come out with a new game, lacking what your competition already has going for it.

Would you buy a new car today, without power steering, air conditioning? Better yet, would you buy it with an 8-Track player, and the dealer telling you, soon we'll have a cd player ready for it and will install that for you. And all the other brands have IPOD connections and bluetooth.

That is the issue, here. Why is so much of the "current" basics missing?

And when your new car has recalls, do you flame them?

First off you are right Khyler they should have a guild bank at first start I know the beta tester said it needs one. I mean come on 2012 and this game is acting 1998 yeah I agree everything. I don't think this will last long at all I see people canceling subs left and right we use to have a popular guild now hardly anyone get on. And for the person has a snotty comment about new cars. Let say you are in for a heart transplant and I tell you about it and you got all excited about it, but I replace your heart with a potato. I call you back for a recall for some patches to keep you alive but don't replace your heart for the correct one. Make sense. This is how the game is period.

It's nice that you know the beta tester, but you might want to ask the rest of the beta team first about how they feel before you speak for them.

Here's an idea. In a single post provide: (a) everything you thought should have been in this game at launch but wasn't, and then (b) list every recently released game that has what you listed in (a). If under that one simple condition there is no game listed under (b) then perhaps a prescription for something other than randomly dropping bombs on a community you seem to have no desire to be a part of would be better medicine. If there is a game listed under (b), then that might be a less stressful alternative.

Edited by GalacticKegger

So, is Rift fun?

In short...no.

It had all the issues of WoW and with less enjoyable game play!

As for all the talk about SWToR being very unstable.. I am not having any major issues. Sure there are lags in PVP from time to time. Longer then enjoyable load screens on certain planets/FP's but other then that I am VERY happy with this game.

This game came out less then 90 days ago and I was around for ALL of WoW releases. Much less bugs here IMHO.

It comes down to this.

If you want to play SWToR and see where the story leads us next then you will stay and if you want to play Kung - Fu Panda then you will go back to WoW.

My point though was that without some show of good faith a LOT of people who leave.. well they aint coming back. Not just me , as I would check in now and again, but for a LOT of people, once done, done. And that would kill this game in infancy fairly well.

Would like to see a prospectus on how many active subs they NEED to survive, but doubt that will ever come out. And the random numbers people toss out dont help - if a small base was enough Tabula Rasa would still be online :p

They have already said in an early interview that they need 500k active subs to be considered successful. They sold over 2 mil copies, they will not be losing 3/4 of those if 1.2 doesn't come out a month earlier than planned, no chance this game is dieing off 2 months in, regardless of what the doom sayers say.

this game wont die it will just become a **** MMO that no one cares about with less than 2 million players and never match up to wow.

I wont go back to wow but i cant stay here Time to find a new hobby instead of waiting around for bad games to come out.