Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

"once it past 6 pm the pops will jump to standard and a few to heavy"

Saturday morning guy. No school. Not many people working. Weather in the east sucks.

Last nite, during absolute prime playing time, there were 40 LIGHT servers, 6 HEAVY, 1 VERY HEAVY, the rest were STANDARD. So I repeat, where are all these rabid Star Wars fans hiding at? Bring'em on, break out the light sabers, and let's PvP together.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Play the game like a job, play every waking moment, and then complain that there's nothing to do. Logical. If some of you spent as much time on school or employment you wouldn't be living with your parents with nothing to do except play MMORPGs 60 hours a week."

Too funny. You're calling people names and denigrating them for...playing the game. I have to wonder if some of you even play the game at all if you're not progressing like a mad man. You can easily roll an alt and ding 20+ in an evening of fairly casual play. Everything you do, to include having sex with your companion, gives crazy mad experience. It probably awards EXP for after dinner flatulence. Each planet you go to, if you do nothing but the quests, you generally run 5 levels over. You do any PvP...crazy EXP awards. Space missions...crazy EXP. FPs and OPs? Crazy mad EXP. World bosses? Crazy EXP. Supposed to savor the game and explore...oh gee...more crazy EXP. Since it's set up in corridors to channelize gameplay, there's the standard group of mobs to fight every 10'...more exp. Find something new...more exp. Get a codex entry...more exp. Datacron...ditto. So what is it you guys are doing? Standing in fleet profiling and talking smack? "Oh, I don't actually play...I'm too cool for that...only lifeless people actually <shudder> PLAY the game!!!"

Edited by Smitar

BW auto-responding to tickets then auto-closing them? CHECK

I can deal with bugs, but this one yesterday set me off. I've written software for 20 years and haven't seen anything like that before. The text in the auto-response said I should continue to check patch notes in future updates... REALLY?

Because you're writing software. YOU'RE not the one dealing with the customer. Let me ask you this. What do you want the CSR to tell you when you report a bug currently being worked on. THEY don't know when it's gonna be done. All they know is that it is currently being worked on. THEY can't fix it they are not programmers they are CSRs. Do you know most CSRs & Help Desk have scripts they answer from? Inquiry A response X, inquiry B, response Y, inquiry C, response Z. How about you give us here more info about what you asked about, what info you supplied in the ticket and if you also backed up that ticket with an email with more information because the in-game ticket text box is limited with how many characters and you can't supply screenshots, system info like diagx info etc etc etc.

"once it past 6 pm the pops will jump to standard and a few to heavy"

Saturday morning guy. No school. Not many people working. Weather in the east sucks.

Last nite, during absolute prime playing time, there were 40 LIGHT servers, 6 HEAVY, 1 VERY HEAVY, the rest were STANDARD. So I repeat, where are all these rabid Star Wars fans hiding at? Bring'em on, break out the light sabers, and let's PvP together.

This is such BS. Last night I looked at the servers. 8PM EST and there were 5 light servers on the list. What is prime time for you?

Second Saturday morning is still not prime time. Kids may be home from school but that doesn't mean people don't got stuff to do. I went to class this morning. I just got home because I skipped 1/2 of the day. Just saying.

"This is such BS. Last night I looked at the servers. 8PM EST and there were 5 light servers on the list. What is prime time for you?"

Oh really, only 5 LIGHT servers? That was between 7:30 and 8:00 PM EST. I even took the time to randomly sample server pops for my own amusement. So I'd have to throw the BS flag myself since I doubt all the LIGHT servers magically filled at precisely 8:00PM. One of us is full of it, and it isn't me. I don't think anyone has seen only 5 LIGHT servers at any given time in recent history, so that's a pretty solid indicator right there...

Edited by Smitar

"This is such BS. Last night I looked at the servers. 8PM EST and there were 5 light servers on the list. What is prime time for you?"

Oh really, only 5 LIGHT servers? That was between 7:30 and 8:00 PM EST. I even took the time to randomly sample server pops for my own amusement. So I'd have to throw the BS flag myself since I doubt all the LIGHT servers magically filled at precisely 8:00PM. One of us is full of it, and it isn't me. I don't think anyone has seen only 5 LIGHT servers at any given time in recent history, so that's a pretty solid indicator right there...

^ This right here.

There has been a major population drop. There isn't anyway people playing in game can deny this, my server in January would have 200 people in the fleet and have at least 2 shards, now its one shard maxing at 68. I know there aren't on Ilum as on my server it now averages 11 prior to the Ilum debacle it was again around 200. A lot of people are walking away until 1.2.

A good friend of mine and co-worker is a huge Star Wars fan and even he now at level 50 is going WTH?

That said most of the people who aren't playing may still a have active subs, so that counts for something. But 1.2 is becoming a make or break for a lot of players. That and the fact that if someone complains, in the forums or in game, people tell them to go back to WoW. Not helping your cause people.

Edited by Nussianis

I like the game, I have a great time playing it. But I must admit its demoralizing to watch my server lose players. I can think of 2 dozen end-gamer/pvpers (my crowd) off the top that have unsubbed. It wasn't a large pop server to begin with so losing even 1 player is noticeable. It's even worse on the other faction. Most of them, that ones that want to play, have rerolled on our side because our community is healthier than theirs. Which is sad, cause we're not in good shape.

I'm really hoping BW does something next week to keep people in the game. Not a patch necessarily but at least a test server update or even just some solid information. I won't reroll on another server. My main is war hero and fully geared and that's just too much time-invested to walk away from.

My point isn't that I"ll unsub, but others will if something isn't done soon.

but you have time to craft a huge post telling someone off for liking what they got?

umm... Ok then?

Did you take the time to even read my post? Not just look at the words and search out the things that you want to rage about. I mean seriously just read my post. I could've come and preached about a whole slew of things that actually work in SWTOR and maybe then I wouldn't of recieved such retorts for such a simple post really.

I told "you" that I'm not trying to flame this game or the people here. Personally speaking, flaming people for playing a game is kind of childish. I'm way too adult and mature in life and my gaming for that. Now if we wanna do some forum PvP that's another story, but we're talking about the game.. Not trying to compare our ego-epeen trains...

So Relax....

I was constructive in my post I didn't call Bioware absolute failures or that this game will never make any more money than it already has. I'm sure the game will be around in 5 years. Ultima Online is still around FFS for what are you people really saying?

This game won't surpass the numbers of WoW and will barely compete with Rift in the long run if you really look at the quality of content each company is putting out for their game. Yes, Bioware is doing the voice over thing, but when did that become the *********** IWIN button?

Maybe gamers even the hardcore are just warn out now and have given up on even trying to find a quality game and are just happy with going about playing mediocre after mediocre just for the fun of 'people' watching. That's fine too, whatever gets you your kicks.

Man, ya'll cats are off the chain.. Both sides, someone post good, its gets flamed to death some post bad and its the end of creation as we know it.

I'd love to see an HONEST non BIAS comparision of what SWTOR is really bringing that justifies $120 price tag. Even though you can get it for half that on E-bay, people can't get rid of it fast enough..

Edited by Opapanax

I won't renew my subscription unless BioWare releases panda-jedi and panda-sith.

/sarcasm

Really? Is that why guilds in Rift are stilling banging their heads against bosses?

I quit Rift after they nerfed the end-game content to the point where I would faceroll my tank through it all.

If guilds are "stilling banging their heads against bosses" as you said, which I am pretty sure is not English, then they just suck at MMOs and they should quit Rift and start playing Farmville.

Seriously.

PS: On my server, most guilds have not downed all 10 bosses on Nightmare difficulty. Hell, on my server, most guilds haven't downed all 10 bosses on hard mode. Unless you're sitting in full T3 PVE and PVP gear, with multiple L50s, you haven't experienced everything that the game has to offer.

There's a balance that devs have to maintain to keep their patch benchmarks in line. I'm sure alot of thought goes in intially as to how long to fix something might take. I think we've seen that some developers will straight out lie about something being fixed and will leave people waiting for those fixes that have set releases, watch them come; know they'll fail and act completely *********** surprised about it.

I'm not saying that's going on here with BiowErA and SWTOR right now, but...

Not much surprises me right now with this title. It could have a completely 180 and have everything fixed by next Tuesday and I'd wake up the next day without a gray hair. I'm not too worried about that happening however cause it just aint happening. This game has a few broken pieces but still runs.

Kinda like that old grandfathers clock in your hallway that has the broken hands that don't move any more, but that mofo' will toll every hour on the hour just to remind your ***** *** you can't tell the time on it.. (You can by the number of tolls but that's the point Biodrones)

Crazy...

Here's the thing I want to put in although I've unsubscribed from the game some time ago and escaped the evil clutches of this game relatively unscathed.

Anything that they have listed in 1.2 Patch that is set for March or April (interested to see if that gets pushed back) should be completely fleshed out. There should be no bugs (the ones they fixed) and whatever exploits that were corrected should be done so. As well as all the Guild mechanic and Legacy system stuff..

That being said, in theroy there should not be any issue with them releasing these smallers updates if they wanted to, IF they truely had the fix for it ready. One that I would want implemented immeadieately is something like the Warzone daily fixes or exploit patch overs. These aren't things that should sit on the back burner while your game is obviously and I do mean OBVIOUSLY bleeding players at quite a healthy rate. There may be a drove of folks that leave one month and you gain a solid group, but honestly now that the hype has died down for this game. I'm not positve if the increase is surpassing the decrease in players. (ALL OPINION OF COURSE)

The scary part is the people who are still playing have close to a month still to wait for these fixes that BiowErA supposedly has. If those supposed patches fail I'll feel some apathy for those that stuck around to see and were disappointed, but I won't be able to say they didn't have fair warning.

Did you take the time to even read my post? Not just look at the words and search out the things that you want to rage about. I mean seriously just read my post. I could've come and preached about a whole slew of things that actually work in SWTOR and maybe then I wouldn't of recieved such retorts for such a simple post really.

I told "you" that I'm not trying to flame this game or the people here. Personally speaking, flaming people for playing a game is kind of childish. I'm way too adult and mature in life and my gaming for that. Now if we wanna do some forum PvP that's another story, but we're talking about the game.. Not trying to compare our ego-epeen trains...

So Relax....

I was constructive in my post I didn't call Bioware absolute failures or that this game will never make any more money than it already has. I'm sure the game will be around in 5 years. Ultima Online is still around FFS for what are you people really saying?

This game won't surpass the numbers of WoW and will barely compete with Rift in the long run if you really look at the quality of content each company is putting out for their game. Yes, Bioware is doing the voice over thing, but when did that become the *********** IWIN button?

Maybe gamers even the hardcore are just warn out now and have given up on even trying to find a quality game and are just happy with going about playing mediocre after mediocre just for the fun of 'people' watching. That's fine too, whatever gets you your kicks.

Man, ya'll cats are off the chain.. Both sides, someone post good, its gets flamed to death some post bad and its the end of creation as we know it.

I'd love to see an HONEST non BIAS comparision of what SWTOR is really bringing that justifies $120 price tag. Even though you can get it for half that on E-bay, people can't get rid of it fast enough..

Look dude I don't have time to go on a personal crusade to demolish this game. That would just be a waste of time and considering EA has 200 Million in their pockets to throw doesn't look good on my part.

But what I lack in funds and actual "programming" knowledge I more than make up in my abilities as a competent gamer who knows when **** is broken. We've all played enough games (maybe) to understand when something simply isn't up to par.

I came here gave a straight opinion and didn't take an all out effort to flame this game or the people here. Just because you've invested your $120 into the game doesn't mean you have to be some lap dog to them.

Sitting here and trying to act like **** is all peachy is not going to help the game or the community in the long run. People with responses like this act like they're the ones that actually sat down to develope this game and that they truely have some vested interest in the success of SWTOR.

The game is playable and is an "MMO" in so many words, but for real though this game is lacking on so many fronts and the stench of the shortcomings is becoming ever pungent. I can't tell you what to do with ya hard earned cash and invauleable time. All I can do is give you my impression on how things are going.

You can take it or leave it. I could care less, but don't try to come at me like I'm on some fanboy ****. Cause I don't come on here preaching about any other games like GW2 or WoW or RIft, etc. I'm into good games I'm not concerend with being some titles fanboy..

Get ya **** straight and don't be mad at me that YOU OBVIOUISLY are complacent with giving Bioware your money for a half-assed job..

Get real brah..

Obviously complacant with my money eh? Hmmm... Like I said - keep your apathy. If TOR faithful are that pathetic to you then why are you making the time (see above) to go on a personal crusade that you so eloquently stated you don't have time for? You're talking out both sides of your mouth. Wrong lure. Wrong lake. You've been had. Makes no difference whether or not you like the game or even subscribe to it. Just don't disrespect the community.

It's only a video game ... brah.

Edited by GalacticKegger

[...]

This game won't surpass the numbers of WoW and will barely compete with Rift in the long run if you really look at the quality of content each company is putting out for their game. [...]

Well, to be fair, using the numbers of WoW is hardly a point because they had an unchallenged build-up period lasting years to get there.

No MMO using the WoW paradigm will even get close to the numbers which WoW had at peak. It's usually a general rule in the video game industry:

If a game ruled as unchallenged king over its domain over the years, the size of its community and impact it made on gaming culture will make it impossible to be ever replaced by a game using the same design paradigm - no matter how good or improved it is really. If WoW as polished and most developed king of its design is having difficulties to attract and keep players then what are the chances that a presumedly less polished and less developed challenger will take its place or even take a spot at its side?

That said they seem to have made a contingency plan anyway based on running it with half a million subscribers at least. My predictions for it were around 750k by end of March/April. Perhaps I am too optimistic. But even under the best case scenario the game wouldn't have kept more people like this anyway. This kind of games has found its culmination in WoW and begun with WoW. If the quitters of WoW are an indication for anything then certainly for the waning interest of them in that genre or design paradigm.

It's more like that people are blindly buying into hype without exactly knowing what they want for themselves. They have exaggerated expectations and a list of features to quote. When asked what they want from a game they'd tell you that it has to be "better" whatever 'better' looks like and it has to be "awesome" with again varying meanings. People just don't know what they want and that's why they keep searching and keep getting disappointed. Some games win this hit&miss game like Skyrim, others completely miss it even though their design doesn't have to be bad per se.

The question is which pricetag justified it for you? Why did you buy this game? Did you buy into hype? Did you buy blind or did you thoroughly inform yourself? Did you have a list of things you wanted for a game and did the game offer that on the box?

Obviously complacant with my money eh? Hmmm... Like I said - keep your apathy. If TOR faithful are that pathetic to you then why are you making the time (see above) to go on a personal crusade that you so eloquently stated you don't have time for? You're talking out both sides of your mouth. Wrong lure. Wrong lake. You've been had. Makes no difference whether or not you like the game or even subscribe to it. Just don't disrespect the community.

It's only a video game ... brah.

Again.. I have no ill will towards the community. It is not OUR fault, cause at one point I was a paying customer also who sat down and devoted some hours to the game. Enjoyed some parts but found my overall experience not up to par.

Okay, is that enough for you to see I'm not "out for the fans" of the game? What does that even accomplish me doing that? It's pointless and I've stated too big for that..

So again RELAX.. No need to quote all my post in this thread. Read them take them as you want.. But if you feel that you are being offended by those statements then maybe you need to take a look at your position in the game right now.

Are you really getting your monies worth? Are the things I've stated making you upset because you experience them when you log in and you're just tired of people telling you about your own problems?

If thats the case then cool, say so..

But don't try to compete with me on some troll ****, where not here for that and you'll just end up getting this thread closed..

Don't try to be like me.. Be yaself brah..

Thank you...

Did you take the time to even read my post? Not just look at the words and search out the things that you want to rage about.

what, you mean you don't want people to read your rather longs posts and offer some feedback or comments based on things you say?

umm Ok then.

Well, to be fair, using the numbers of WoW is hardly a point because they had an unchallenged build-up period lasting years to get there.

No MMO using the WoW paradigm will even get close to the numbers which WoW had at peak. It's usually a general rule in the video game industry:

If a game ruled as unchallenged king over its domain over the years, the size of its community and impact it made on gaming culture will make it impossible to be ever replaced by a game using the same design paradigm - no matter how good or improved it is really. If WoW as polished and most developed king of its design is having difficulties to attract and keep players then what are the chances that a presumedly less polished and less developed challenger will take its place or even take a spot at its side?

That said they seem to have made a contingency plan anyway based on running it with half a million subscribers at least. My predictions for it were around 750k by end of March/April. Perhaps I am too optimistic. But even under the best case scenario the game wouldn't have kept more people like this anyway. This kind of games has found its culmination in WoW and begun with WoW. If the quitters of WoW are an indication for anything then certainly for the waning interest of them in that genre or design paradigm.

It's more like that people are blindly buying into hype without exactly knowing what they want for themselves. They have exaggerated expectations and a list of features to quote. When asked what they want from a game they'd tell you that it has to be "better" whatever 'better' looks like and it has to be "awesome" with again varying meanings. People just don't know what they want and that's why they keep searching and keep getting disappointed. Some games win this hit&miss game like Skyrim, others completely miss it even though their design doesn't have to be bad per se.

The question is which pricetag justified it for you? Why did you buy this game? Did you buy into hype? Did you buy blind or did you thoroughly inform yourself? Did you have a list of things you wanted for a game and did the game offer that on the box?

You know I told a buddy I wasn't going to play this game. I hadn't been following it very much and was really waiting on the The Secret World or something else to play that had what I was looking for.

I didn't come into this game completely blind no... I read up on games too much to have this just sneak up on me really.

Being a roleplayer in roots though and knowing I had a few buddies playing I decided to give the game a try. I only got the DE (Suckers lol j/k) and had early access on Dec 16th for the game. Four days ahead of release.

I think I paid $60 plus the $5 for early access. At that price I'm too concerend with $60 is pretty much standard for consoles and I mainly game there you could say. Although the last year or so has been PC between Rift, EVE, and now SWTOR (a blip really).

I in my opinion in the state that the game is in and the steady decline of actual people to play with does not justify the $120 price tag that some people unfortunately will be duped into.

I hear the Darth Malgus figurine is cool.. Nice painting but doesn't have any real weight to it. I can't remember the name of the wood it might be made of (Puter maybe, something light and airy tho), I know you get the books as well with the CE.

So is that Book and Figuring + plus x worth $60 extra dollars onto the title? I like nice things, and know what splurging is like. It's not the peoples fault that they purchased the bigger price tag.

Again I put the blame on Bioware and EA for just pulling the cover over people eyes like they've done and will continue to do unmolested for the most part.

It's hard seeing your fellow gamers putting themselves through the ache though. If not apathy for the simple fact that they are convincing the developers than they half-assed product is acceptable and that they tired patching is even more worth while. Just outright being blind to stuff is dumb and just hurts your experience in the long run.

It's okay not to like something in a game, it's not a damn sin. But don't ***** and mutter to yourself at home about this type of **** just to turn around and try to flame someone else cause they actually were concerend enough to bring it up. Whether it be for pride or whatever it is that makes people insta-flame like the dude I got responding to my ****..

I must of pressed a button and pulled his card somewhere in those post.. I couldn't tell ya... Since none of it was directed at anyone..

Edited by Opapanax

Again.. I have no ill will towards the community. It is not OUR fault, cause at one point I was a paying customer also who sat down and devoted some hours to the game. Enjoyed some parts but found my overall experience not up to par.

Okay, is that enough for you to see I'm not "out for the fans" of the game? What does that even accomplish me doing that? It's pointless and I've stated too big for that..

So again RELAX.. No need to quote all my post in this thread. Read them take them as you want.. But if you feel that you are being offended by those statements then maybe you need to take a look at your position in the game right now.

Are you really getting your monies worth? Are the things I've stated making you upset because you experience them when you log in and you're just tired of people telling you about your own problems?

If thats the case then cool, say so..

But don't try to compete with me on some troll ****, where not here for that and you'll just end up getting this thread closed..

Don't try to be like me.. Be yaself brah..

Thank you...

Sucked into your own little world there ain'tcha? I promise I won't try to compete with you on some troll *** because (1) I don't troll and (2) you're in a leagua all by yourself. You really don't get it. No matter. I have found that patience works wonders - with people as well as with new video games. I'll simply wait until your 15 minutes are up. Cheers. :)

Sucked into your own little world there ain'tcha? I promise I won't try to compete with you on some troll *** because (1) I don't troll and (2) you're in a leagua all by yourself. You really don't get it. No matter. I have found that patience works wonders - with people as well as with new video games. I'll simply wait until your 15 minutes are up. Cheers. :)

Lol 15 mins means I'm famous with you huh? Well I play plenty of other games as well with this very same tag. So I hope we can meet again..

I don't know what your trying to do at all? So quoting my post and placing each one into one post is supposed to help people not see it? LoL

Sucked into my own little world there? Where.. wth are you even talking about? LoL

You know the government has a secret team of agents that go around and subvertly troll on many internet sites. It's all part of the propaganda train...

However, if you truly wish to stick it out with this game then by all means do so. I'm not hear to stop you, but I can come and give my opinion on it. I just ask that you make sure they do their jobs and don't just keep handing them money for nothing...

Amazing how far 15 mins can get you? amirite?