Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Anyone else feel like CE was a rip-off

Kaoci

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're always a waste of money, and I know that going in each and every time so I don't regret any purchase. I will say unless this game picks up some serious steam and reverses course in the next couple months (they need to do it fast) then yes it will have been a rip-off in terms of money/value.

While I wasn't necessarily disappointed with the CE items themselves (the statue, in-game droid, dancer, and so on) I was extremely disappointed wit the CE, VIP and security key vendors. All three have next to nothing worth purchasing and nothing that looks all that unique. Not to mention that these were supposed to get regular updates with new items... Where are the updates for these vendors? Where are the new items? That claim seems to have fallen away pretty quickly.

The vendors are pretty much the only things I was disappointed with. The other items, like the dancer, droid pet and so on, while they aren't all that interesting, they were about what I was expecting so I wasn't all that disappointed with those.

I think the digital items are really underwhelming. I am mainly got the CE for the novelty of it, and the statue. It also didn't hurt that I bought it with travel miles reimbursement money (money given to me for using my car to travel to a work function), so it was like funny money to me anyway.

If you collect things your a fan of, comics,action figures, barbie,Gi-Joe, Hot wheels ect, probably worth while.

I dont feel the digital items add much and certainly do not detract from my enjoyment of the game.

Physical items for a person that really enjoys collecting things its probably worth it.

While I wasn't necessarily disappointed with the CE items themselves (the statue, in-game droid, dancer, and so on) I was extremely disappointed wit the CE, VIP and security key vendors. All three have next to nothing worth purchasing and nothing that looks all that unique. Not to mention that these were supposed to get regular updates with new items... Where are the updates for these vendors? Where are the new items? That claim seems to have fallen away pretty quickly.

The vendors are pretty much the only things I was disappointed with. The other items, like the dancer, droid pet and so on, while they aren't all that interesting, they were about what I was expecting so I wasn't all that disappointed with those.

This goes for me too.

The box was the best part (not including the statue, of which, I never had interest in).

As far as the in-game goodies go, which is generally a huge selling point for CE's: nearly all have a replica/almost identical item that can be purchased for credits devoid of the pricetag spent on the CE. I thought that, if anything, was a slap in the face to those that made the huge investment.

I don't regret buying the CE but it certainly wasn't a notable investment. Maybe they'll add some things to the CE store and redeem the value?

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

If you bought the COLLECTOR'S edition for digital items, you ripped yourself off. The DIGITAL Deluxe version was meant for digital goodies. The Collector's edition is for people who collect Star Wars Items. Get it?

It's your fault, no one else's.

anyone who still buys CE's needs to wake up!

the first and only CE I ever bought was for Vanguard. HOLY **** was I mad when I got in game to see my mistake of spending 150 bucks.

since then I will never EVER buy another CE again for any game I dont give a **** if jesus christ himself comes down and says "hey man, this CE is really really worth the money!"

I will just say Go **** yourself jesus...

anyone who still buys CE's needs to wake up!

the first and only CE I ever bought was for Vanguard. HOLY **** was I mad when I got in game to see my mistake of spending 150 bucks.

since then I will never EVER buy another CE again for any game I dont give a **** if jesus christ himself comes down and says "hey man, this CE is really really worth the money!"

So, you're saying the CE Bible is off the table thanks to Vanguard?

Okay, I didn't buy the CE so I can't weigh in on the issue but holy **** this made me laugh.

since then I will never EVER buy another CE again for any game I dont give a **** if Jesus Christ himself comes down and says "hey man, this CE is really really worth the money!"

Edited by Thaltom

The box was the best part (not including the statue, of which, I never had interest in).

As far as the in-game goodies go, which is generally a huge selling point for CE's: nearly all have a replica/almost identical item that can be purchased for credits devoid of the pricetag spent on the CE. I thought that, if anything, was a slap in the face to those that made the huge investment.

I don't regret buying the CE but it certainly wasn't a notable investment. Maybe they'll add some things to the CE store and redeem the value?

That is also a reason why i feel ripped off because almost everything i have can be bought somewhere else and yes i understand people saying but the CE isnt for the digital its for the out game stuff and people who order wows only gets a companion. Ok i get that but thing is WoWs companion is Unique there is nothing at all like it. 2nd WoWs CE is alot cheaper than the £150 mark for example wows CE for tbc was £80.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.