Arena, implement competitive PVP.

Entrerix

Kills me to see people talking about skill when they refer to wow arena pvp. What it boiled down to is who had the best combo of classes and who was better at key pushing.

You want real pvp thier are games around that will make you elite PVP guys that want arena so bad cry. Try a game like battle ground europe with a half scale map of europe and guys who can pick you off at 600 meters with iron sights. No shields no med pacs no power ups just your toon and a rifle. Knowing that if he gets hit your dead or wounded which is about the same thing.

Games like that go to the guy who knows how to use cover and is patient. It goes to the guy who knows how to work with a team to provide overlapping fields of fire. Best part would be watching some guy from wow who thinks he is gods gift to pvp as his head explodes because for the 10th time he died and he does not know what killed him or who.

Like I said you want to show everyone your skills go play a game like that with real physics involved. Though the graphics are sub par for its age you will come back a more hummble person after dealing with the guys that play those types of games cause guess what they do have real skills most not just in game but in life used to be tons of x-military playing that game and it showed in thier tactics.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God so many *******... Makes me wanna close this post.

Answer me this. Is it fair to see a "War Hero" with full battlemaster gear afk in a BG? Is it fair that, if you are the most skilled PVP player on the planet and you have nothing to show for it?

You all act as if arena is so comp based and you could opnly win with a certain comp. To be FAIR that's ********. The only people who would say such a thing are people who FAIL at arena. Look at the arena tournaments, is everyone playing the same comp, the BEST one? Look at the 3v3 ladder on every battlegroup, is there only one comp in the top 50? Watch one of Neilyo's arena movies and see what kind of skill should be rewarded. Watch Hydra. Everyone who says that arena is compbased is someone who failed terribly at it. And you have no real argument to prove me wrong other than your QQ.

And people who think rated warzones are gonna be the salvation. Think about it. Take huttball for example. You will NEVER win if your team doesn't have many pushbacks/grips. Why would someone want to take a sentinel/maradeur in their group when they could have a sorc/sage or a tank with an offensive grip? Look at rated bgs in WoW. It's EXTREMELY comp based. A LOT more compased than arena is. If you don't have a mage in your team you wont have good cc, if you dont have a rogue in your team for smokebomb it's close to impossible to kill a flag carrier. In rated warzones there will always be a dreamteam. And since it's 8v8 it doesn't promote individual skill.

I beg of you, don't act like you know ANYTHING about arenas if you got to 2.2k and think that you are the best but the meleecleaves just facerolled your healer all the time and that's why you didn't get glad.

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content/old post

i couldnt agree more with the OP

competetive PvP is something that keeps a HUGE ammount of players happy.

many of us want to measure with each other. optimize your own class. optimize your coop play with your friends. right now there is NOTHING in pvp that really requires too much skill without having alot of frustration coming along like bad players you are forced to play with in WZs.

and like the OP said. PvP is just pointless atm for many of us. sure as long as you enjoy you can argue: how can it be pointless? still many of us want MORE

what i NEVER understood is how ppl can be AGAINST arena like pvp? NOONE would be forced to do it. many would LOVE it. those who dont want it, simply dont have to do it.

there can NEVER be enough different options in a game. cause there are always different players around who enjoy different stuff. denying someone else something he really wants is just stupid and really really egoistic.

please please please bioware.... give us some kind of competitive pvp!

i know most ppl dont like to compare their precious game with other games.... but what is wrong of copying stuff from another game if there are so many who enjoyed it? (guess we dont have to go down the road that huge parts of the game is copied from other games already anyways)... yes im talking about wow arena, which personally was for me the best experienced ive had in an MMO in the past 10 years. and i know im not alone with that. give me the same enjoyment in my lovely star wars environment and ill be really really happy.

thanks

Arena match:

3 sorc vs 3 sage....

yep...

Seriously I'd only be ok with arena's if they separated class stats between pve and arenas. Hell I'd prefer they do that with pvp in general, because in the end arenas will only hurt pve classes from whiners asking for nerfs, which then causes people to re-roll to the fotm...rinse and repeat. It should be considered different games and stats/balanced should be separated accordingly. A nerf for pvp should never affect pve, which was exactly the problem with WoW. Even Blizzard admitted that the way the handled arena was a mistake.

i couldnt agree more with the OP

competetive PvP is something that keeps a HUGE ammount of players happy.

PvPers are the minority...

what i NEVER understood is how ppl can be AGAINST arena like pvp? NOONE would be forced to do it. many would LOVE it. those who dont want it, simply dont have to do it.

Because developers seem to be incapable of separating pvp/pve and arena killed class balance for pve.

there can NEVER be enough different options in a game. cause there are always different players around who enjoy different stuff. denying someone else something he really wants is just stupid and really really egoistic.

please please please bioware.... give us some kind of competitive pvp!

Warzones are competitive...It takes more to win an objective base game over a 3v3 with people rolling the OP classes and burning all their CD's as fast as possible.

I'm not really against arena, I just don't want to see pvp kill pve classes. I'm actually worried about the rated warzones. The nerf on scoundrels really hurt them in pve. I don't see hardly any of them pve anymore, and even less pvp now. Most of them re-rolled sage. This is just an example of why I feel stats should be separate for pvp and pve.

when i read something like pvp-players are the minority i must laugh.

1. the pvp forum is the most aktive

2. the most impressive observation is: i have chars on 3 server (most quite low level). i can tell you that on all of these server you need to wait hours to get 4 peeps together for a fp, no matter if 1-49 or level 50 or heroic.

but warzones are opening up in seconds or a minute.

man, we/they wait 2 hours to find a dd for a fp Oo

don't tell me pvp'ers are the minority!

most guilds looking for recruitment are pvp guilds or at least partially. i do not remember that i once saw a pve only guild on the pvp servers i have chars on.

actually i admit that i am surprised. i thought it would be more pve interested people. but it seems to be vice versa. but maybe i just hit the only 3 server being like this.

Arena completely destroyed PVP in that other game, it will destroy PVP here. VOTE NO TO ARENA!

depends on the definition of pvp. arena was the highlight in my opinion. though, they did several big mistakes with it. but the idea of arena was the best they ever did to pvp!

depends on the definition of pvp. arena was the highlight in my opinion. though, they did several big mistakes with it. but the idea of arena was the best they ever did to pvp!

The biggest mistake ever was removing glad from 2v2. This buried arena for me.

The only really OP Class is Hybrid Sage/Sorc who abuse the Weaken mind-Procc

I'm sorry but i don't know what your problem with sorcerers are. I mean I absolutely eat them for lunch with my trooper. They don't stand a chance if we are evenly geared and they have a 50/50 chance if they are better geared. Sorcerers are no where near OP.

- thats a made up assumption. as far as i know the pvp servers are way more popular then the pve ones. and even IF PvPer are the minority.... do you REALLY wanna go down the road of minority bashing?...... for your own sake i hope you dont. whats wrong about trying to give everyone what he/she desires?

Because developers seem to be incapable of separating pvp/pve and arena killed class balance for pve.

- this again is bottomless theory. you might as well argue that pvp helps pve. at the current point its really hard to meassure and compare classes and player skills which makes it pretty hard for pve oriented guilds to make choices. seeing their members and seeing different classes in pvp often helps alot. yep i used to be really pve focused in other games before. and guess what.. when it came down to recruit really good pve players we used to have most success by recruiting decent pvp players.... but ye i know ppl will start whining about this trying to argue pve and pvp are totally different skills.... which basicly is wrong. you are either a good gamer, then youll be able to suceed in both, pve AND pvp... or you suck as a gamer then you will fail in both.

Warzones are competitive...It takes more to win an objective base game over a 3v3 with people rolling the OP classes and burning all their CD's as fast as possible.

- please..... dont try to tell me that clicking a bomb or a turret requires any actual pvp skill......

and besides: i never said competitive small bracket arena would have to be only arena style in a last man standing way we know it from wow. there is still the option of rated 3v3 that includes objectives.

about being afraid of pvp nerfs that effect pve. an mmo is ALWAYS a fluid process with changes coming and going. you dont need pvp for that. you dont need pve. it happens. its part of the games. ppl always learned to live with changes. and i dont know of any case where pve would have DIED because of changes made based on pvp reasons...things change. you adjust. simple as thath. welcome to life.

EDIT: and no: arena cannot kill pvp in this game. simply because there is no serious pvp in the game atm.

Edited by Hiro

I'm sorry but i don't know what your problem with sorcerers are. I mean I absolutely eat them for lunch with my trooper. They don't stand a chance if we are evenly geared and they have a 50/50 chance if they are better geared. Sorcerers are no where near OP.

Really good Sorc is OP, but pyrotech mercanary/powertech is much bigger threat for me.

Edited by Affics

I would like 4vs4 arena since there are 4 main classes in-game. Also I would also like that a team should have all classes, although that might not be viable due to the fact some classes are underplayed.

This could also be an excellent tool for the developers to asses how well the classes are balanced.

when i read something like pvp-players are the minority i must laugh.

1. the pvp forum is the most aktive

2. the most impressive observation is: i have chars on 3 server (most quite low level). i can tell you that on all of these server you need to wait hours to get 4 peeps together for a fp, no matter if 1-49 or level 50 or heroic.

but warzones are opening up in seconds or a minute.

man, we/they wait 2 hours to find a dd for a fp Oo

don't tell me pvp'ers are the minority!

most guilds looking for recruitment are pvp guilds or at least partially. i do not remember that i once saw a pve only guild on the pvp servers i have chars on.

actually i admit that i am surprised. i thought it would be more pve interested people. but it seems to be vice versa. but maybe i just hit the only 3 server being like this.

PvP players ARE the minority. If FP's had a queue system you would see just as many if not more people using that. If the damn flashpoints were on the planet of appropriate level more people would actually do them instead of feeling locked on the fleet to search for a party. Just because you can get a queue in a decent time in a wz does not mean more people PvP.

- thats a made up assumption. as far as i know the pvp servers are way more popular then the pve ones. and even IF PvPer are the minority.... do you REALLY wanna go down the road of minority bashing?...... for your own sake i hope you dont. whats wrong about trying to give everyone what he/she desires?

- this again is bottomless theory. you might as well argue that pvp helps pve. at the current point its really hard to meassure and compare classes and player skills which makes it pretty hard for pve oriented guilds to make choices. seeing their members and seeing different classes in pvp often helps alot. yep i used to be really pve focused in other games before. and guess what.. when it came down to recruit really good pve players we used to have most success by recruiting decent pvp players.... but ye i know ppl will start whining about this trying to argue pve and pvp are totally different skills.... which basicly is wrong. you are either a good gamer, then youll be able to suceed in both, pve AND pvp... or you suck as a gamer then you will fail in both.

- please..... dont try to tell me that clicking a bomb or a turret requires any actual pvp skill......

and besides: i never said competitive small bracket arena would have to be only arena style in a last man standing way we know it from wow. there is still the option of rated 3v3 that includes objectives.

about being afraid of pvp nerfs that effect pve. an mmo is ALWAYS a fluid process with changes coming and going. you dont need pvp for that. you dont need pve. it happens. its part of the games. ppl always learned to live with changes. and i dont know of any case where pve would have DIED because of changes made based on pvp reasons...things change. you adjust. simple as thath. welcome to life.

EDIT: and no: arena cannot kill pvp in this game. simply because there is no serious pvp in the game atm.

-Its not a made up assumption

-It's not a bottomless theory. We saw that exact thing happen to WoW, and we are already seeing it here with the multitude of nerfs already gone through with all the patches. PvP and PvE classes should be separate from each other. A nerf for pvp should never apply to pve ever.

-Really? That's your response to objectives? Congrats, you clicked on the objective, now get the 8 enemy players clear so you can actually finish planting/capping/score. Objective base wz's require much more teamwork and skill then a stupid 3v3 deathmatch.

Kills me to see people talking about skill when they refer to wow arena pvp. What it boiled down to is who had the best combo of classes and who was better at key pushing.

^^^

2.5% of possible team compositions in wow make up more than 50% of all teams over 2k (http://www.arenastats.com/)

it baffles me how anyone can call this "skill based pvp" and it's laughable that anyone would think it's the "pinnacle of player v player"...

Edited by iceperson

Sure to arena but no rewards other than maybe a title. Just like world PVPers outside Ilum you will have to do it for fun and as you say the comp. When a world PVPer says that they want it for the fun I believe them. Yet that same comment does not apply to the arena ppl I see here us non-arena ppl always get the feeling you just want it to show your E-peen and get new shiney gear and has very little to do with being just fun.

Yes cause I we all know from WoW the arean is were the real pvP is. BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

WoW excusse me for a sec.

BWBWBWBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAHAHHAA.

Ok so anyway now that I have peed myself.

Arean unless its a balanced system will just be yet another cake walk for no life PvPers on PvE servers and the rest of us get to be fodder for them yea super fun. I love being a starting team trying to understand the system and being repeated queued against Pro teams with high rating. Yea its so much fun losing to pros making their score better and ours worse even though we had 0 chance of winning.

Great Idea.