Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

For the love of god why there are no actual numbers showing how many seconds i have left in cooldown? its even worse for longer skills because last few pixel line "seconds" feels like an eterinty.

Please give us pure numbers so we dont need to guess how many seconds there are left in CD:s before they are ready to be used again.

wow people are blind, watch the video , they added a TIMER on the spell in order to see when it will be ready!!

Quit qqing and read!!!

Edited by Elror

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is an area where you guys are trying to re-invent the wheel. Rather than trying to re-invent the wheel, why not just learn from other games in the same genre that have the same concept, and focus on real problems?

Yes these are some welcome changes for sure.

However, there is a laundry list of things that are more annoying and really could go a long way to improving the game-play experience. I realize that there are large items, like:

1. Fixing Ilum to make it exciting rather than a place to get your Battlemaster gear daily done
  2. Consider making PvP servers different than PvE servers.. as in make the questing zones the same areas as the opposite faction so you actually see them while you're leveling and at 48+ there's a reason to go out there over farming Ilum for armaments or sitting in town queueing for Battlegrouns, oops I mean Warzones.
  3. Think about the drastically low force pool for Assassins when PvEing, and consider making them a real DPSr in PvE. I'd say we are fine in most cases for PvP with the exception that Operatives and Scoundrels still burst harder and can do it to multiple targets or heal unlike us.

Those will take time, I'm patient for that. What annoys me are the other little things that affect my game play more dramatically.

Few items off the top of my head.

1. Get booted from group after joining warzone
  2. /who doesn't allow parameters
  3. Find a group is very simplistic and not customizable
  4. Respeccing cost is treated as a credit sink
  5. Make gear more easily customizable, I shouldn't have to look like every other Sith Assassin, I should be able to move mods to any gear I choose.
  6. Give me the option to group with players lower than 50 for warzones and fight others that want to do the same. I can no longer play with my kids who aren't 50 yet.
  7. Why do I have to add all my guild members to my friends list to invite them to group through the UI?
  8. Make it so guild members can actually pull up the guild tab and see the MOTD and Description. The WHOLE thing, not just the first 2 lines.
  9. Make mods on PvP gear available for purchase instead of having to buy multiples of the same gear just to take the mods out to put in another piece.

I think it's does not necessarily to indicate seconds (s) on the text timer.

This is unnecessary information... Only seconds run fast - it's a well-known fact. :)

22.5s

10.0s

0.15s

vs

You can specify the minutes (m), but seconds?..

for example

1.2m

1.1m

:rolleyes:

Yea thats really nice honestly, but seriously how about fixing the freaking chat tab issue I have ticketed more then ounce and have had the issue sense before launch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am tired of seeing everything spam in on chat window. And let me explain before the trolls start talking. I do have the normal chat window which above that normaly has a tab that says General.....well mine does not, above the chat window were tabs are suppose to be there is nothing, no tab to create new tab or even right click to change which chat shows up in it. You all think the ops spam was bad?? Think that 100% of the time rather your in ops or not...Yea 8(

I think this is an area where you guys are trying to re-invent the wheel. Rather than trying to re-invent the wheel, why not just learn from other games in the same genre that have the same concept, and focus on real problems?

Yes these are some welcome changes for sure.

However, there is a laundry list of things that are more annoying and really could go a long way to improving the game-play experience. I realize that there are large items, like:

1. Fixing Ilum to make it exciting rather than a place to get your Battlemaster gear daily done
  2. Consider making PvP servers different than PvE servers.. as in make the questing zones the same areas as the opposite faction so you actually see them while you're leveling and at 48+ there's a reason to go out there over farming Ilum for armaments or sitting in town queueing for Battlegrouns, oops I mean Warzones.
  3. Think about the drastically low force pool for Assassins when PvEing, and consider making them a real DPSr in PvE. I'd say we are fine in most cases for PvP with the exception that Operatives and Scoundrels still burst harder and can do it to multiple targets or heal unlike us.

Those will take time, I'm patient for that. What annoys me are the other little things that affect my game play more dramatically.

5. Make gear more easily customizable, I shouldn't have to look like every other Sith Assassin, I should be able to move mods to any gear I choose.
  6. Give me the option to group with players lower than 50 for warzones and fight others that want to do the same. I can no longer play with my kids who aren't 50 yet.
  7. Why do I have to add all my guild members to my friends list to invite them to group through the UI?
  8. Make it so guild members can actually pull up the guild tab and see the MOTD and Description. The WHOLE thing, not just the first 2 lines.
  9. Make mods on PvP gear available for purchase instead of having to buy multiples of the same gear just to take the mods out to put in another piece.

QQ more...

This ia about THE GCD change!! go complain on the right place.

it wasn't always white no, but there was always a line, which was Style 3 dark cooldown with dark overlay...

so as i said, you can turn it back to how it was.

Looks as though you are right. My mistake. I'll edit my prior posts.

Edited by Thesseract

Like?
    Easy on some server, hard on others where faction differences are big. Fine on my server so no big deal getting groups.
    Its comming, think I read somewhere about it, that its comming in a soon to come patch
    Not going to happen simply due to the fact that you will have a massive gear advantage.
    Agree on that one.

see red text

Edited by babayako

wow people are blind, watch the video , they added a TIMER on the spell in order to see when it will be ready!!

Quit qqing and read!!!

Yeah was kinda consumed by rage so missed cd part so my bad, tho its still kinda furious that it wasn't implimented right at lauch. Well better late than never, just few minor fixes left and this will look alot better.

Really? This is what bioware is working on? Such a waist of time NO ONE CARES about how the GCD looks. How bout instead you give us a ui we can move.

You mean what they are putting in Patch 1.2?

No UI scalability?

Patch 1.2 will have it. Announced a couple weeks ago.

I like the customisation this will offer... and with the video showing 'writen cooldowns' on some of the abilities in the video that should be nice... Its not as if you need to be staring at your bars, and with UI scalability in 1.2 I cant see how people can complain...

Cheers BioWare

Can you just give us a an actual timer with the actual time on it. 10 would countdown to 0 then get the flash when it's ready. That's more easily discernible than I feel the solutions you've tried to implement. I don't need to see a hourglass type effect and you don't need to darken the hotkey just give me a timer.

You mean like this part mentioned in the update blog itself:

Show Cooldown Text: This option, when selected, will show the time remaining on a cooldown as an overlay on the ability icon.

Yeah was kinda consumed by rage so missed cd part so my bad, tho its still kinda furious that it wasn't implimented right at lauch. Well better late than never, just few minor fixes left and this will look alot better.

Dude thts a MMO, it cant be perfect at launch, its always evolving. Thats why I like them(mmo), they are endless(kinda).

Edited by Elror

Thank you for the changes and giving us the option to personalize it. Cool down counters are going to be awesome!!

Oh and for god's sake can some of you actually read the article before you come in here and ask for things that they already said they were adding and even had them in the demo video!!!!!!!! Also the article was soley in reference to the global cool down system not the UI in general. Tired of illeterate people that cant read and comprehend what their reading, coming in and making idiotic statements in the forums.

I for one am estatic about the cooldown changes. For all those that jsut think it was just a cosmetic issue let me assure you that this was not the case. You obviously were unaware of the issues that the cooldown system had on gameplay, especially in PvP but even in PvE if your knowledgeable about your class and like to push their abilities to the limit.

There simply is no excuse, in this generation of MMO's, for not being able to tell which abilities were off of cool down or about to be off of cooldown at a quick glance. Having to wait for the global cooldown counter to run down before you could actually see what abilities were up or not is inexcusable.

Thanks Bioware for listening and finally fixing what is one of the most important aspects of the UI. Guess what they say is true , "The third time is the charm".

Edited by Talonvore

Dude thts a MMO, it cant be perfect at launch, its always evolving. Thats why I like them, they are endless(kinda).

Ofcourse but those kind of issues can be rather gamebraking so atleast those should be perfected before relase, but its good to see they are coming and i hope to see more coming in future if needed.

Not sure but is auto-aiming, tab-targetting and zooming adressed already in future patches?

Really? This is what bioware is working on? Such a waist of time NO ONE CARES about how the GCD looks. How bout instead you give us a ui we can move.

Hey! How about you try this.

READ THE STICKIES.

Customizable UI is coming next month.

:rolleyes:

For the love of god why there are no actual numbers showing how many seconds i have left in cooldown? its even worse for longer skills because last few pixel line "seconds" feels like an eterinty.

Please give us pure numbers so we dont need to guess how many seconds there are left in CD:s before they are ready to be used again.

Really? Can you at least read the article before replying? It's clearly there, even the promo video INSIDE the article is displaying it. Seriously people...

why the hell are you worrying about cooldown looks? what about full customization where the user can put what he wants anywhere on the screen? Or size preferences to anything on screen, more bars and placing those bars where you see fit. I HATE having my damn bars on the left and right... just stupid.