Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of many who detested the GCD changes they made, im very happy they've listened to the community and acted on it swiftly, for once a step in theb right direction, well done Bioware.

Cant we have a cooldown effect off option though, i dont like the counters at all tbh and was happier with the old hotbar :)

Oh and must there be a cooldown effect on abilities that arent on cooldown? cant you limit it to abilities that need it rather than virtually the whole hotbar lighting up, my speeder for example defo doesnt need a cooldown effect :rolleyes:

Edited by Markonus-DS-

dues to working on the solution,

but, give us the option to turn it off, simple, i liked it the old way, flashing has actually made me log off for the last 3 days, its horrible, it doesn't need to flash, the way it was was fine, great there are new options, give us on to turn off flashing and let the line go down the bar like it used to.

So many flashes, i get bugged. Don't understand nothing, wasn't it clear enough????

What did you exactly needed?????

More numbers?? more messy!

I think it was perfect, and you already had a timer if you use the mouse roll over. And now is ridiculously flashing, as if i had not enough with all that special effects and lights in my screen.

This isn't the ultimate solution, but it is a step in the right direction with giving the player the ability to customize. I do wish there were a LOT more customization in the UI, and I am sure that's being worked on as well, so thank you for this. I was unimpressed with the update, and am glad I can go back to the way it was, at least.

If you watch the video it looks like there's a timer on the icon for cooldowns now. Timers for GCD would just be too much. The way they went looks spot on. Awesome job Bioware! Just made my game experience a lot better :)

If that's what that is then yes please and no I don't want a timer for the GCD just any CD that is greater than that is fine. I hope you can make a bigger timer if that's what that is.

Like I agree it's a step in the right direction.

But where's the option to revert to previous UI's?

Where's the option to turn off the white line affect that happens every 1.5 seconds?

Just seems like a lazy job.

um with these options you can set it to how it was before they added the massive white flashes...

Awesome work! As one of the many who did not like the brightness and over kill on the flash effect after GCD spells i must say this is the best cosmetic change to the game in a long time. Thank you!!! Edited by Scorpid

How? All 4 styles seem to have the white line going through them.

i never said anything about the line, i was talking about taking it back to how it was before the cooldown changes, which was your first point.

Style 3 - Dark cooldown with dark overlay is the way it was at launch.

Edited by deags

Really? This is what bioware is working on? Such a waist of time NO ONE CARES about how the GCD looks. How bout instead you give us a ui we can move.

Actually TONS of people care.. especially those who are negatively affected by nausea etc caused by the bright flashes..

How bout you instead give them time instead of whining about something that they actively listened to the community about and took steps to fix..

Can you just give us a an actual timer with the actual time on it. 10 would countdown to 0 then get the flash when it's ready. That's more easily discernible than I feel the solutions you've tried to implement. I don't need to see a hourglass type effect and you don't need to darken the hotkey just give me a timer.

You didnt read it did you?

Quote from the blog: Show Cooldown Text: This option, when selected, will show the time remaining on a cooldown as an overlay on the ability icon.

Great to give us some choice on this, thank you.

One thing I couldn't quite tell from the video or the description was how this will affect the classes that build resources (Knight/Warrior). The way this worked in the previous iteration of cooldowns (not the flashing monstrosity we have right now) was pretty good, in that if you had built enough rage, say, to use an ability, even if it was on cooldown it would be lit behind the cooldown slider. That allowed you to plan ahead (something that is crucial for these reactive classes), but since the removal of that in the latest patch, you're left not knowing just from a simple glance what's available once cooldown has finished.

So, will the option in this new patch to have abilities not darkened behind the cooldown address that? Is that what that means? Sorry I have to ask, but it wasn't immediately apparent to me from the information.

Can you just give us a an actual timer with the actual time on it. 10 would countdown to 0 then get the flash when it's ready.

For the love of god why there are no actual numbers showing how many seconds i have left in cooldown? its even worse for longer skills because last few pixel line "seconds" feels like an eterinty.

Please give us pure numbers so we dont need to guess how many seconds there are left in CD:s before they are ready to be used again.

When I said prior UI's I meant identical to prior UIs. Clearly if there is a new white line going through every 1.5 seconds it's not the same as before.

it wasn't always white no, but there was always a line, which was Style 3 dark cooldown with dark overlay...

so as i said, you can turn it back to how it was.

Edited by deags

For the love of god why there are no actual numbers showing how many seconds i have left in cooldown? its even worse for longer skills because last few pixel line "seconds" feels like an eterinty.

Please give us pure numbers so we dont need to guess how many seconds there are left in CD:s before they are ready to be used again.

Show Cooldown Text: This option, when selected, will show the time remaining on a cooldown as an overlay on the ability icon.