Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, i am confused as to why SWTOR has a GCD at all....there aren't a lot of abilities anyway so BW could have given each ability its own reuse timer instead of going the lazy way and having a GCD.

anyway, the new looks to the UI don't really matter to me (haven't had a problem with it at all) but its good to see you guys working on something. How about the functionality of the GTN next?

I find it really hard to believe that there are people that STILL think that they are only working on the fix they are talking about, and STILL think that all they care about is the small changes rather than fixing the "big problems" the game has.

For those of you that are still stuck in that belief: Not only do they work on content that are current issues, they probably have a bunch of people who are pumping out other changes, fixes, and new content. It is NOT that they are "wasting their time" by putting out something that a large number of people had problems with. They also have said that some changes take quite a bit longer to test and implement than others, so a GCD fix could very well be a lot easier of a fix to put out. They have content in the works probably even for a month or two from now (or longer), so those of you that still believe that they happen to only work on one thing at a time need to relax and look at the bigger picture.

Try to remember that there is more to what is going on with the stuff they are putting out and planning. Also, try to speak for yourself and not others when you say "NO ONE CARES" because and least a very large handful of people care quite a bit.

Edited by KamikazeNiki

Honestly, i am confused as to why SWTOR has a GCD at all....there aren't a lot of abilities anyway so BW could have given each ability its own reuse timer instead of going the lazy way and having a GCD.

Wow, what game are you playing? Personally, I need more bar space because of the amount of spells I need to take care of. There are a few classes that have a very large amount of abilities, so a GCD is needed.

This definitely looks like a major step in the right direction. I'll have to see if I can "see" what the cooldowns of things are despite the GCD, but at least the cooldown timer will help with that.

Would be nice if there was the ability to include a thin GCD bar above your hotkeys (or above your character along with the health and energy bars) or the ability to turn GCD visuals completely off if wanted.

I can't believe you went to all this trouble with the GCD when it was fine in the first place. It only got worse the more you messed with it. :confused:

I agree. what was wrong with it before? I never even knew people had a problem with it (i mean clearly I was wrong, but still) What was the problem before anyway? At least this way I can put it back the way it was.

So in essence fantastic job bioware. and to think by reading these forums this game had already died in like 2005...6 years before release.

How about fixing that. Can you guys fix it so that you can only use the phrase "THIS GAME IS DEAD" or "DYING" or "ABOUT TO DIE" or any other similar derivative once and only once? If you try to post it twice you get like knocked down a level in-game or you get a one day suspension or something?

This game makes me happy.

oh yeah.....and make it so that hoods can go over masks for the love of pete.

Wow, what game are you playing? Personally, I need more bar space because of the amount of spells I need to take care of. There are a few classes that have a very large amount of abilities, so a GCD is needed.

Well, i still have no need for my right side bar with any of my toons. the only one that is close to having 3 filled is my BH...but even if they were all full...GCD is not needed. Coming from eq2, which doesn't have a GCD and there are a lot more abilities...GCD is just a lazy way of doing combat mechanics imo...you can disagree all you want, thats fine. I just prefer no GCD.

Really? This is what bioware is working on? Such a waist of time NO ONE CARES about how the GCD looks. How bout instead you give us a ui we can move.

No one cares? Troll please ****, obviously people care if BioWare is taking the time to fix the GCD in the first place. :mad: Including me, it was distracting and confusing. Im glad they actually take the time to listen to the community. :)

Open for addons instead. then we can choose whatever we want of what's available. Not what you think we want or what a minority has given postive response to.

This will also give you time to work on other things that actually needs fixing, like combat responsiveness, proffessions/crafting, about half the bosses currently ingame are still broken and needs workarounds to be killed. These are much more important issues.

Open for addons instead. then we can choose whatever we want of what's available. Not what you think we want or what a minority has given postive response to.

This will also give you time to work on other things that actually needs fixing, like combat responsiveness, proffessions/crafting, about half the bosses currently ingame are still broken and needs workarounds to be killed. These are much more important issues.

This

/thread

*BioWare employee comes screaming into a board room with a copy of this post. "This is what will save our game! Did you know we're paying an entire department to develop add-ons!?"*

Edited by Anomorn

I was one of the early to complain about the new applied Skill UI changes. Although I got used to it after a while, I still dislike the darkening effect during the global cooldown, be cause it requires more focus from me to spot the skills that are not on reload.

And also good riddance for me to the annoying flashing effect :cool:

So I'm happy to know such preferences are to be implemented soon :D

Edited by Elysith

Thank you for giving the community the thing it needs most: options. We all very much appreciate it.

I can't get around the fact that all that was really done was a copypasta of OmniCC, though. While you're at it, can I go ahead and get:

IceHUD

MSBT

Bartender

BadBoy

Clique

Power Auras

...No? Then release an API to the public and save some bottom line by transferring your UI devs to other departments. Like someone said earlier, the AddOn community can do it faster and they work for free.

How about making it so alacrity affects the GCD so it is a more desirable stat? Also, I appreciate you making these changes, but how about fixing some of the things that have been broken since launch (grapple not working properly, codex entries that are removed from game, but still in codex so that the codex isn't listed as incomplete)

Who else watched that video and said to themselves "LAWL CLICKER!"

Haha, Yeah I spotted and thought the same :D

Good news about this change tho, the flash was giving me headaches. I ended up just ignoring and using guess work.

Thanks for this change :)