Incoming changes to global cooldown UI Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

Really? This is what bioware is working on? Such a waist of time NO ONE CARES about how the GCD looks. How bout instead you give us a ui we can move.

Lol wut ? Lots of people want this and is way more important to playability than moving the ui windows.

Excellent job devs. The customization is very useful.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why the hell are you worrying about cooldown looks? what about full customization where the user can put what he wants anywhere on the screen? Or size preferences to anything on screen, more bars and placing those bars where you see fit. I HATE having my damn bars on the left and right... just stupid.

Look how silly this post is. Look at it.

Wow guys! I hated the changes you made in the latest patch i thought you had it right the patch before BUT THIS! This is the best of both worlds! we have a choice! good job and good idea keep up the good work

That is why the customizability is good. The patch before last changes were awful for me. It was a mashing guessing game as abilities appeared to be ready which were not.

None of the three systems so far have been great but I think these changes will make it much better.

why the hell are you worrying about cooldown looks? what about full customization where the user can put what he wants anywhere on the screen? Or size preferences to anything on screen, more bars and placing those bars where you see fit. I HATE having my damn bars on the left and right... just stupid.

umm that's going to happen in 1.2, it's already being worked on, so just chill...

Edited by deags

What I am missing in the style selection:

- Ability to turn off cooldown display entirely, i.e. a style "off" (I don't want any display of global cooldown at all, for example)

**snip**

But all in all, a very good step in the right direction. Also love how the screenshot shows that there will be numeric cooldown timers as well.

That please or look towards WoW, Rift,...

There's too much bright flashing that's distracting the eyes. Wow, Rift, LotRo, even AoC does this better.

Thing is when we push a button the whole abilities are flashing. It doesn't work.

Allow players to remove the flashing from all skills that can be queued. We don't need to see them flashing as we can immediately resend them once activated or once we activated any other skill. This way you have 70% or the useless flashing removed.

Can you just give us a an actual timer with the actual time on it. 10 would countdown to 0 then get the flash when it's ready. That's more easily discernible than I feel the solutions you've tried to implement. I don't need to see a hourglass type effect and you don't need to darken the hotkey just give me a timer.

It's posts like this that make me dismiss all the crybaby posts. Did you even bother to watch the video in the blog post? You can clearly see a cool down timer in the videos. Maybe next time you should actually read/watch the information instead of just scanning the page and immediately going into hate mode.

Really? This is what bioware is working on? Such a waist of time NO ONE CARES about how the GCD looks. How bout instead you give us a ui we can move.

Ya no one cares, there's just only multiple threads with 100+ pages about the subject. Also, customizable UI is in the works right now. If you actually paid any attention to the updates bioware posts you would know this already.

That please or look towards WoW, Rift,...

There's too much bright flashing that's distracting the eyes. Wow, Rift, LotRo, even AoC does this better.

Thing is when we push a button the whole abilities are flashing. It doesn't work.

Allow players to remove the flashing from all skills that can be queued. We don't need to see them flashing as we can immediately resend them once activated or once we activated any other skill. This way you have 70% or the useless flashing removed.

Did you not look at the available options? There is a box you can check/uncheck to enable or disable the flashing.

It's great that you guys have done this, but its really unnecessary...It's perfectly fine as it is now, and a change on the CD UI isn't nearly the biggest problem with the game so far.

No, it's not perfectly fine for everyone, which is why there were so many threads about the change.

What is perfectly fine is that BioWare is giving us a choice. That is a massive step in the right direction, and just shows they are actually listening to the players despite what many people think.

Heading in the right direction.

The key is customization. I want to be able to rip buttons up, put them wherever I want. If I want two bars on the right hand side of the screen, I should be able to do that. If I want my Focus bar hovering over my character's ***, I should be able to do that. If I want enemy cast bars to be blown up to take up half my screen so I don't miss an interrupt, should be no problem.

Just let me customize the information your game provides in any way I want... and your UI is spectacular, even if 90% of gamers would take one look at my personal configurations and vomit.

All i can say is that i can feel more at home and will actually continue to play the game which i practically dumped.

Now if the 1.2 gives us movable /stackable bars...(yes i wanna have 3 horizontal bars on the bottom and not at the sides tyvm), i can finally start to enjoy the game, so if anyone is reading that pls make the bars flip either vertical or horizontal and make em movable.

I was quite frustrated with the recent GCD animation changes, and I must say that I am very relieved to see this kind of fast response to a common concern among the players. I am really looking forward to these new UI features, especially the cooldown timer! It's like a little extra surprise. :D

Keep up the good work BioWare, listening and responding to the players will get you a long way. Also looking forward to the new UI customization options in 1.2! (And all the other good stuff ofcourse)

WOOT WOOT!!! YEAH!! Great changes, WOOT!! And for those of us who can't play until you fix this problem? We have to wait until 1.1.4? So what exactly are those who can't play supposed to do? Yes, flame me all you want, but there is a large portion that can't play due to health reason or because it cripples our class abilities. To be honest I just want to finish my class quest. Can we move to test server to at least continue to play and back to our original server when testing is complete? I really want to play this game, seriously, but in this state I can't. So what are my options?

It's great that you guys have done this, but its really unnecessary...It's perfectly fine as it is now, and a change on the CD UI isn't nearly the biggest problem with the game so far.

I respectfully disagree:

There simply is no excuse, in this generation of MMO's, for not being able to tell which abilities were off of cool down or about to be off of cooldown at a quick glance. Having to wait for the global cooldown counter to run down before you could actually see what abilities were up or not is inexcusable.

Excellent. Quick work and loads of options.

This I will openly thank you for and easily say, Well Done!

(still waiting for you to comment on gear variety...somewhere, anywhere, from anyone...one word...anything! Pick a topic, there are hundreds, and say a word.)

Edited by photoheathen

WOOT WOOT!!! YEAH!! Great changes, WOOT!! And for those of us who can't play until you fix this problem? We have to wait until 1.1.4? So what exactly are those who can't play supposed to do? Yes, flame me all you want, but there is a large portion that can't play due to health reason or because it cripples our class abilities. To be honest I just want to finish my class quest. Can we move to test server to at least continue to play and back to our original server when testing is complete? I really want to play this game, seriously, but in this state I can't. So what are my options?

...To continue seems like those of us having difficulty with the current UI are the perfect players to help test this new UI.

Edited by Redshirtfail