** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

This guy was wrong, accept it even if he won't. He knows the truth. Let go. Don't you feel better now? If I were a dev I wouldn't waste my time rifling through this flamewar bs to get to the issues. It's 40 people adding their two cents on something irrelevant that gunks up the system. So there...that's my two cents.

People need to understand that maybe BW has a 100 plus people on there team. But not all work on bugs or even the same content that you are no happy with. It may only be 10 or so people that work on illum PVP. I have been on the Dev side of things. Bugs are not as easy as you think to copy. I am shocked to see how mad people are here about a little bug. The game has only been out 2 months .. People act like the game as been out for years and stuff is not getting done. I was and still a part of iracing.com mmo. Their is stuff in that game that took 3 years for them to fix. People need to just stop being so ADD and just chill. maybe smoke one and clam down.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon they don't test anything they implement. There is no excuse for the number of bugs their patches introduce.

That's pretty much it.

They need to test the game on people that WANT to find something wrong with their game - not give it to fan boys to play it all for prestige ("I was the first to play this"), and literally not give a **** about debugging.

People need to understand that maybe BW has a 100 plus people on there team. But not all work on bugs or even the same content that you are no happy with. It may only be 10 or so people that work on illum PVP. I have been on the Dev side of things. Bugs are not as easy as you think to copy. I am shocked to see how mad people are here about a little bug. The game has only been out 2 months .. People act like the game as been out for years and stuff is not getting done. I was and still a part of iracing.com mmo. Their is stuff in that game that took 3 years for them to fix. People need to just stop being so ADD and just chill. maybe smoke one and clam down.

Entire servers not receiving kills towards daily/weekly is more than a "little" bug. Maybe if I could actually buy BM bags I could just never go to Ilum at all... That'd be wonderful.

I agree wholeheartedly. Implementation is a slow process, and often doesn't occur until the demand arises. I think more time should be spent in testing, because surely this would've been caught and they could have post-poned the patch, but it's here now and the bug is present. My point is that threads like this are to illuminate a problem for the developers to work on, not to get into internet johnson contests. If someone is wrong and 15 people have pointed it out....move on. The issue is the bug, not whether BW has the experience to have prevented it. Do that in a wheel-spinning thread somewhere else.

The people that work on the Ilum PvP bugs happened to turn the zone into a PvE Zone. I find that funny.

The reason people are mad is because to get this daily done it will take you 1-2hours which during that time you will probably get killed by the other faction zerging mid. They have every right to be mad, however the amazingly long QQ fest is not needed.

If there was an actual PTR server to test these things out on there wouldn't be as many issues and the issues that did make it through could be hotfixed. This is what needs to happen otherwise this game will fall like all those before it, and it will be sad to see such an amazing game with amazing potential just straight up die.... Though i will blame EA for wanting them cash moneyz

If there was an actual PTR server to test these things out on there wouldn't be as many issues and the issues that did make it through could be hotfixed.

hate to break this to you, but there is, in fact, a PTR server.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=71470

You just can't character copy to it, so have fun leveling up a new 50 there.

Edited by AcerLerxt

As other players stated... I wouldn't mind going in and trying out their new patches on the PTS... but without any sort of character copy or pre-made 50 setup I'm unable to. And no... I'm not going to level a toon on the PTS just for testing purposes when it is such a volatile environment... not that live is any better lately.

One thing that I'm exteremely frustrated about is their lack of detail in their patch notes. This has a been a common theme for them since they started patching. They need to inform us exactly what their fix was, so that players can bring in more constructive feedback for them. I mean... without knowing how their new "fix" was supposed to work how do we know it's broken (granted... it appears broken)?

The other thing is there appears to be some ninja changes they made in this patch as well. One that stands out is the longer respawn timer on Ilum crates. I didn't see this anywhere in the pre-patch notes. Stop surprising your player base Bioware and start communicating with us better. The only thing that will happen is you'll have a better support from your player base.

Just arrived on Ilum...hadnt killed anyone yet, so no possibility of diminishing returns. Killed 4 Sith AT the central objective. ON TOP of it. No credit. No nothing. Nada.

Stopped playing WZs because of the "no credit" bug. Now looks like Ilum is worthless. So whats left for pvp? Comeon guys, test this crap, and if YOU ARENT going to test it, GEAR UP AND GET A RESPONSE TEAM IN PLACE that can do better than post 3 days after a major screwup that you arent going to rollback...duh.

I finished the weekly in about an hour before work today. There were stretched where I got no valor but I think it was a tweak done to diminishing returns.
Something happened at some point today to break Ilum. I have 145/150, others are at 0/150. I got my kills this morning before it stopped. I have logged off/on a couple times for rl stuff. I have done PvE quests, wz's and then went back to a pretty much empty Ilum and joined a 12 man OPS group. Numerous kills later - NO ONE got credit. Same thing on the Imp side - they received no credits either.

At minimum, I should have counted towards their tally as I have been off Ilum for HOURS and they didnt get credit.

Now Ilum is empty except for those that dont know about the bug....

Oh, and my 1 wz win didn't count - time to play an alt.... lvl50 is broke atm :D

On the Swiftsure, everything looked fine until approx. 10:30 AM. After that it seemed that no one was getting credit on republic side regardless of whether or not you were in proximity to a node or you had been in the zone prior to 10:30 or travelled there much later. I tried relogging and did cop a death but neither solved the issue. I also tried leaving the planet entirely and then returning to the same result.

This morning we had 4 simultaneous instances of Ilum going. Now there's just 1 with about 10-15 republic that try to steal the occasional armament from the superior numbered Sith that patrol Central Assault.

I never witnessed any kill trading take place on the Swiftsure so far, however there are a few possible design fixes: Make valor gains be divided by the number of people involved or "tagged", spread the armaments outside of the Assault nodes and into the "empty" areas to encourage smaller groups of people roaming the zone, and removing valor gains from kills made by the automated turrets, and adding turrets at the bottom of the spawn points rather than on top.

hate to break this to you, but there is, in fact, a PTR server.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=71470

You just can't character copy to it, so have fun leveling up a new 50 there.

I am well aware there is a PTR server. However at the same time there isn't. A PTR server is for the Public to test content before it is released. With no Character Copy or premade lvl50 as i have stated many times before in this thread and many other threads, that basically means there really isn't a PTR.

I never witnessed any kill trading take place on the Swiftsure so far, however there are a few possible design fixes: Make valor gains be divided by the number of people involved or "tagged", spread the armaments outside of the Assault nodes and into the "empty" areas to encourage smaller groups of people roaming the zone, and removing valor gains from kills made by the automated turrets, and adding turrets at the bottom of the spawn points rather than on top.

That would be a real permanent fix, no way they will do this! I mean valor splitting was suggested like a thousand times to fix this mess, but for whatever reason, they don't seem to be willing or able to do this. Maybe hero engine doesn't support division. ^^

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We're currently investigating and we'll give you an update as soon as we have one. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Can you also report all the other annoyances about pvp in this game and request that your pvp devs be replaced, the community would appreciate it, thanks!

How much money was pumped into this game? How much money did they get at launch? how much money can they spend on man power? Bioware step up your services you have the money!

/signed

There is no PvP in this PvP quest anymore. Looting crates is not fun and honestly you don't need open PvP for that.

The more patches we get the more Ilum is sinking. I agree that kill trading should be adressed, but not like this.

And let's not forget the fact that there is no valor gain. My reasons to enjoy Open PvP in the FPS/Lag fest of ilum are shortening as days go by.

Edited by Alianar

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

World PvP

Ilum

• Chests on Ilum now respawn less frequently to reduce potential gains from farming.
  • Particle Cannons can no longer be permanently disabled.
  • Implemented safeguards to address a Valor exploit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I cant hide in my Republic base and get valor from the forcefield/turret killing the Empire since 1.1.2 :(