** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

Neverwinter was a online RPG. It wasn't an MMO. First MMO was probably Ultima Online (97). In the timeframe before WoW you also had Everquest and Asheron's Call (99). I'm sure there were others, though.

I was there. It felt a whole lot more like an MMORPG than sit in the hub and queue for the next instance MMOs of today. :D

Edited by Tic-

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your dumb.

Most industry talent consider NWN to be the first MMO.

Massively refers to the technology of the period. That would be like 15 years from now, claiming SWTOR wasnt a "MMO" because it didnt support 100,000 +/- people per server.

NWN went from 50 players a server to *500* per server. Sometimes, that feels like more then what SWTOR is handling, so yeah, whatever.

Errr... mkay...

"Ultima Online (UO) is a graphical massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), released on September 24, 1997"

"Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC) is a 3D medieval fantasy MMORPG, released on October 10, 2001"

"Neverwinter Nights (NWN) is a third-person role-playing video game developed by BioWare and published by Infogrames (now Atari). It was released on Microsoft Windows on June 18, 2002."

And few more "real" MMOs. Considering NWN to be a mmo goes beyond stupidity. It's like considering Mass Effect 3 to be a mmo because it has multiplayer coop mode. Hint - a "multiplayer mode" an mmo does not make...

Edited by Drakaris

Errr... mkay...

"Ultima Online (UO) is a graphical massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), released on September 24, 1997"

"Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC) is a 3D medieval fantasy MMORPG, released on October 10, 2001"

"Neverwinter Nights (NWN) is a third-person role-playing video game developed by BioWare and published by Infogrames (now Atari). It was released on Microsoft Windows on June 18, 2002."

Considering NWN to be a mmo goes beyond stupidity. It's like considering Mass Effect 3 to be a mmo because it has multiplayer coop mode. Hint - a "multiplayer mode" an mmo does not make...

wow...

keep doing more research... you'll get it.

If you fixed your game.. you wouldn't have these threads. Technically speaking.. This is your fault.

Oh, come on now. We all know that SOMEONE will complain about SOMETHING no matter what BioWare does. It's the nature of the industry... "You can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time."

Not saying they've done everything right - just pointing out that these threads will always exist, no matter what.

I think ilum for bioware is a pride thing .. they just won't admit that it’s a big fail for them. fixing it is making it worst. just block off ilum and work on it until is it is READY for the public. Ilum will be the breaking point for people in the game.

wise up and just scrap ilum!

Im sorry Bioware you had your chance. After the sub expires im done. For the sake of your continuing customers who like to pvp you need to have someone call eve online and ask how you pull your asses out of the fire to save your game.

I beat all your endgame, got almost all the end game gear and it was about as challenging as clicking the yes i want loot button just like in WoW.

PvP is why I will continue to play a game because I expect pve to get dull and boring. However your resolve bars are still completely botched. Gear is once again way to easy to get especially if you are lucky. Your matchmaking system is nothing short of extreme dissapointment. Ive been on the team of all fresh 50s and on the team full of battlemasters in huttball. If you dont set up the game so one team stomps another maybe more people would enjoy it a bit more. Guard should not be in pvp either, as I've said in the pvp forums if another healer and I get a guard we are unkillable if we are in range to heal each other and aside from huttball this is easy to accomplish.

Every patch fixes something if you can really call it fixed.... yeah still wasnt getting credit for some pvp wins and other bugs pop up..... why is what most consider a AAA title so poorly coded in the most trivial of things?

Yes I am raging.

Yes I won't let the door hit me on the way out and

Yes I expect people to tell me "see ya later we wont miss you or go back to wow"

I am going back to EvE online where the player means something to the game, where you are never safe and where large pvp warfare can handle more then 40 people.

Good luck bioware.

-chase

1) To all of you crying about how they need to look into it. Perhaps if you read the forums instead of reading the 1st page then posting you would see that they are.

2) Bioware, you need to let US test this on your PTR before you start releasing these changes. However you are not letting us do this because you do not have a working PTR. By this is mean we do not have a Character Copy or premade lvl50's on the PTR to go to Ilum and test these things.

3) If this really is the change you need to let us get the Armaments from any of the Assault Points in Ilum (North, South, Central) because for servers that are heavy populated on 1 side this is going to be next to impossible to get our dailies done as it takes ~2hours for the average player to get 30 Armaments... However i personally think that if you would of just cut the Valor gained in half via kills that this would of solved this issue far better.

4) As far as "Kill Trading" goes... I feel like there should be GM's on servers watching Ilum during prime times and if they notice Kill Trading then ban those players. However i understand that you may be undermanned so doing something like this may be hard.

Just to clarify...there were two games called Neverwinter Nights...

The first was the AOL MMORPG that came out in 1991, that most of the people in the thread have referred to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights_%28AOL_game%29

The second one, was the RPG you mentioned, made by Bioware (2002): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights

I was there about 2 hours ago, camping them in our base like we do on my server and they all counted, got over 50 kills in under an hour.

Seems to be working fine for myself and my friends. I too was stuck inside our Rep base, but managed to get my 150 kills in about 2-3 hours or so.

Just curious, is this problem Sith only? Are they base camping and re-killing freshly spawned Rep? Are the people complaining the same people who previously kill swapped or dramatically increased their valor recently?

Not trolling, just curious whether this is truely random or whether those not getting kill counts actually have something in common...

Seems to be working fine for myself and my friends. I too was stuck inside our Rep base, but managed to get my 150 kills in about 2-3 hours or so.

Just curious, is this problem Sith only? Are they base camping and re-killing freshly spawned Rep? Are the people complaining the same people who previously kill swapped or dramatically increased their valor recently?

Not trolling, just curious whether this is truely random or whether those not getting kill counts actually have something in common...

just read all posts in here and you will see that you seem to be very lucky with your kills.

ilum is broken for lets say 98% of all players?

Edited by Epicycle

1) To all of you crying about how they need to look into it. Perhaps if you read the forums instead of reading the 1st page then posting you would see that they are.

I'm sorry, but i can't agree. I'm a "fanboy", a "sucker" for pretty much anything that says "Star Wars". But even a "devoted fan" like me has a limit of tolerance for stupidity and incompetence. What gives you the impression that they're doing something? A "yellow" post from Joveth on page 12 of a random thread? Really? And what happened the last time they "assured" us they're "investigating the issue" when countless ppl got 20+ valor ranks in couple of hours? Yea, exactly, they did absolutely nothing about that. You will excuse me if my "faith" in their "(dis)abilities" and empty words on twitter and forums is a bit shaken.

Just to clarify...there were two games called Neverwinter Nights...

The first was the AOL MMORPG that came out in 1991, that most of the people in the thread have referred to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights_%28AOL_game%29

The second one, was the RPG you mentioned, made by Bioware (2002): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights

Oh, sorry. My bad, didn't even remember that one... A bit raging on the current issues atm...

Same problem here. Ilum is just trash now. We're heavily out numbered and have been fighting legitly. Yet even when we manage to get some kills they just rarely count now. There's no way it's supposed to work like this. Republic is barely able to kill anyone in the first place and supposedly we don't deserve credits for the kills we do get?

We need a hotfix and a dev response now. Stop ruining the game for legit players just to try and stop the exploiters.

Ilum on The Ravager is an empty wasteland now. I didn't even manage to get one kill count before I gave up. Even as a blatent fanboi of all things star wars this situation is ridiculous. This and the whole warzones not counting thing. Pretty unprecidented bugs for any AAA mmo I can think of :(

False, please don't spread misinformation. Thanks.

I did my daily today, and am 20% done with my weekly and got around 8k valor. Stop being ignorant and let people give good info so that all the info is out there.

(Darth Malak is my server)

Maybe test your gosh darn "fixes" before they go live?

Between this and the still unresolved warzone daily bug it's like you're intentionally trying to exasperate people.

for some reason I honestly think they are. I wonder how long will it take for them to just SHUT ilum down. It wont happen tho,… because their bandage fixes on ilum seem to make them content with keeping it the way it is. its a bioware pride.

just admit that ilum is a big fail and shut it down please!

I did my daily 20 kills until the stopped counting and then 10 armaments actually 11.

This is what they deserve with ninja non published changes to the game.

Why have a test server when you don't tell the players what you are changing so they can see if it works and how long will it take before you allow us to transfer toons to test?

It is really amazing that a game in development this long with all the money spent on it and it it looks like a bunch of amateurs are doing the coding.

Congrats and some pretty good story lines. 1000 oh ***** for the lousy coding and testing.