To save crafting we need item decay

Diazd

Great idea for a sandbox MMO, but not for SWTOR. People don't want to be bothered.

I think making all items wear down over extended use, but be repairable by crafters could work, but the effort on the devs side at this point in the game would almost certainly not be worth it.

Edited by DNA_Cowboy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it scream fail? Think about it. What is the point of crafting? To craft things. If something only needs to be crafted once then the crafter is not going to get a return customer for that item ever again.

OMG you're SO wrong.

In EQ2 and WoW and SWTOR the name of the person who created the item is attached to it, so if you or a guildie needs something that person can make, you get a return customer. Happens to me all the time. I'm constantly making things for other players.

OMG you're SO wrong.

In EQ2 and WoW and SWTOR the name of the person who created the item is attached to it, so if you or a guildie needs something that person can make, you get a return customer. Happens to me all the time. I'm constantly making things for other players.

This is how I am getting repeat customers with my Armstech for techblades.

How in god's green earth does this save crafting?

To save crafting you have to make it worthwhile to continue to do it at end game.

That is the only way to save crafting.

For example - end game raid gear should be better then crafted gear, but not so much that it makes crafted gear useless.

It should be a viable alternative to raiding which takes a long time and ample work to complete but is still worth doing.

The same can be said for other crafting professions.

What always kills crafting in any game is that raid gear always ends up being so far superior to crafted gear that there is no point to make it.

Synth/Armormech - 136 BoP schematics and pieces with Augment Slots

Artifice - 126 BoP relics with Augment Slots, potentially 136 Enhancements

Cybertech - 136 BoP Earpieces with Augment Slots, potentially 136 Mods/Armorings

Armstech - LoL

All of them can be used to gear alts, companions, or sell to help other people do such things.

Why would I need anything from you if I can get better drops from operations, heroics and end game comm vendors?

Crafting Decay would mean people would leave the game in droves. It was never fun in any MMO that had it, it never will be fun and it ruins the economy more then helps.

It's not even possible to implement it even if BioWare wanted too. Loot is this game comes from RNG Bags and RNG Bosses. Add decay to those items, and the outrage would flow.

Edited by Dekai

Item decay is a horrible idea.

Instead, every craft should have a unique form of end-game consumable that is actually desirable.

Biochem: Obvious

Armormech: Temp Armor mods for non-force users (Example: Improves armor rating by 3%, this lasts 1 hr)

Synthweaving: Temp Armor mods for force users (Example: Improves armor rating by 3%, this lasts 1 hr)

Cybertech: Buff/Debuff grenades (Example: All targets in the blast radius take 10% more damage for 15 seconds, this has a 3 minute cooldown and is not stackable)

Armstech: Temp weapon mods for non-force users (Example: Adds 50 damage to the base damage rating, this lasts 1 hr)

Artifice: Temp weapons mods for force users (Example: Adds 50 damage to the base damage rating, this lasts 1 hr)