Pvp gear nerfs are you freaking kidding?!

Dosaexe

I don't think it's the gear at all, it's the mere fact PVE players are more skilled then PVP players. You see PVP players have grown accustom to gear carrying them, but now when they face roll the keyboard and look the screen the PVE player is still alive so they rage about it.

The PVPers need to get rid of their scrub pvp gear and learn to play.

:p

Edited by Holocroncrystal

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats exactly what I'm saying and its true, all of it. I'ts exactly what I did myself and I had no real problems topping DPS and kill charts in my first week as a level 50.

Heres some tips:

* Ilum and Belsavis dailies will give you 2 lv50 (lv50 not lv49) purple mods each day and roughly 150-200k.

* Level 46 pvp vendor weapons contain an Expertise mod, granting 25 expertise. You can make use of 8 of these mods on a full orange armor set. Thats 200 Expertise upon entering level 50.

* The GTN now offers more level 50 Purple gear. This gear is as good as Centurion or Tionese gear and some is almost on a par with Champion/Columi gear in terms of stats. The prices of these items is falling rapidly aswell, meaning you can usually grab some pieces for 50-100k each.

There are solutions, people are just too lazy to find out what they are or are too lazy to actually carry it out.

Yep Mastercrafted items are pretty awesome too

Still though centurion gear for the most part is skipped over and only a couple pieces end up as filler slots on champ gearing. They probably do need to make cent less expensive

why dont they just remove all the gear and make on set that is equal for everyone?

that would solve the problem.

im in the process of getting crushed in pvp to get my gear, im 5 pieces in. i didnt expect to come into pvp as a fresh 50 and own face. i expected to get demolished, alot. it comes with the territory.

if they are nerfing the pvp gear, they will have to nerf the pve gear as well. if a fresh 50 in greens could hop in a group and clear a NM, and get epics, everyone would wine welfare mmo.

you should have to "work" for your gear. you gain skill by "working" on your class.

give a blue level 50 beginner pvp set. thats all.

Rakata PVE gear already > BM gear

Make the diffrence bigger to cater to the PVE crowd = profit and unblanance. GG

Yup.

Show up to pvp and lose and still end up with the best pvp gear.

Show up to pve and lose and get no gear.

yup, thats some balance right there.

I find it funny that pvprs in pvp gear want nothing more than to play against under geared players.

Edited by Amiracle

Yep Mastercrafted items are pretty awesome too

Still though centurion gear for the most part is skipped over and only a couple pieces end up as filler slots on champ gearing. They probably do need to make cent less expensive

Wait a sec, I just realized something else. Don't I have to raid to get access to the mats to craft this stuff?

See, level 50 pvp is starting to look less and less appealing. I might just keep rolling alts and enjoy 10-49. Not sure about that raiding thing. Really not.

I have no complaints with narrowing a gap if it truly is the gear that is a problem. I just hope Bio has taken the necessary steps to ensure that it is the gear causing the problem and not people dinging 50 - not dialing in their skills quite yet.

I completely understand there is a benefit to gear. However, after I did the 48-49 mod upgrades in my orange and grabbed 1-2 pieces of PVP gear I was already pretty competitive. No, you can't walk into PVP in greens and expect to be top notch - no different than PVE raids.

It's easy to get frustrated when you're loosing but people certainly don't want to admit the finger may need to be pointed the other way. We're in a society of instant everything! Why should peoples gaming experience be any different right? /sarcasm off

Edited by Soris_Mar

I don't think it's the gear at all, it's the mere fact PVE players are more skilled then PVP players. You see PVP players have grown accustom to gear carrying them, but now when they face roll the keyboard and look the screen the PVE player is still alive so they rage about it.

The PVPers need to get rid of their scrub pvp gear and learn to play.

You know...the vast majority of ppl for nerfing pvp gear, are ppl that don't currently have it, right? If your Elite PvE'rs are so much more skilled, then why do they wanna unbalance the pvp by nerfing Pvp gear?

I read your post as pvp is balanced now then, when us terribad pvp'rs have a "handicap"! =)

Wait a sec, I just realized something else. Don't I have to raid to get access to the mats to craft this stuff?

See, level 50 pvp is starting to look less and less appealing. I might just keep rolling alts and enjoy 10-49. Not sure about that raiding thing. Really not.

Nah though the rakata crafted is best. Regular level 49 Mastercrafted with augment slots are great too

So let me get this straight,

People who dedicate 75% or more of there time in game to pvp just to get the gear and strategies down in the warzones.Now have all there hard work and time spent absolutely dumped on because?

Players that hit 50 and didn't spend any of there time pvping are getting beat beacuse they don't have any gear

NO CRAP ! You didn't spend anytime toward it why would you expect to be able to compete against people who spent a majority of there daily time online even before 50 pvping?!

Time and time again I see people with valor ranks less than 20 WHINING and crying in the warzones about getting beat by people who were better geared.

NEWS FLASH - ....DUH

What about the countless number of people who are geared in pvp and barely have any Columi/Rakata gear!? I only have 2 pieces of PVE Gear - So someone who's pvp'd twice or maybe 3 times with no pvp gear

BUT - A full set of columi gear can hold there own agiasnt a person who's valor 65 and worked extremely hard just to get geared out in battlemaster gear.

Thats ridiculous I agree that people should be on a level playing field in PVP but they should HAVE TO WORK FOR IT JUST LIKE WE DID.

Handing them a free ride doesn't fix the fact that they didn't put in the time and I know this is long winded but GIVE ME A BREAK this is BS

u mad bro? the better skilled player will still win, gear will still play a role just not as much.

Skill/Strat should be 80% of pvp gear should be round 20%... Sounds like without your gear, you'd be terribad and get wrecked...

I'm all for a nerf to expertise on gear. At present, being an entry level player at 50 is PAINFUL going up against all of those players running around in 10%+ Expertise, because it's a massive advantage. Not only that, but if you are a decently geared PvPer, having a bunch of people on your team NOT in PvP gear is massively detrimental and will decrease your chances of winning.

By lowering the amount of expertise you get, being an entry-level player is still difficult - but it's not impossible - to win fights with players in PvP gear until you get your own set, and it makes it more tolerable to stick around and PvP until you get your set, rather than simply having to deal with dying all the time because you don't have the gear to be competitive.

I PvP for the competition, not to stomp ungeared peoples faces in with my superior gear. I'm all for this change.

I'm all for a nerf to expertise on gear. At present, being an entry level player at 50 is PAINFUL going up against all of those players running around in 10%+ Expertise, because it's a massive advantage. Not only that, but if you are a decently geared PvPer, having a bunch of people on your team NOT in PvP gear is massively detrimental and will decrease your chances of winning.

By lowering the amount of expertise you get, being an entry-level player is still difficult - but it's not impossible - to win fights with players in PvP gear until you get your own set, and it makes it more tolerable to stick around and PvP until you get your set, rather than simply having to deal with dying all the time because you don't have the gear to be competitive.

I PvP for the competition, not to stomp ungeared peoples faces in with my superior gear. I'm all for this change.

This is completely correct and why on my server on republic side they have to beg people to queue for level 50 warzones, it is even stated that people don't even need to join the warzone when it comes up, just queue so one actually starts.

If they didn't implement this nerf I think there would be a few 50s with amazing pvp gear but noone to kill anymore. With the change it is likely to encourage those a bit weary of being trounced constantly to give it another shot.

I'm at level 47 and valor rank 40 on my main, Assault Commando. I have done more than half of my levels in warzones and simply enjoy PvP in SWTOR. I had fun when the 50s (fully geared) were playing with the general population and I'm having fun after they were separated out.

In my opinion I would like to see BW roll out a lvl 50 set of Prototype PvP armor that can be bought with Warzone Comms or credits. This would close the player power gap for those individuals that work for it or it will empty the pockets of those that are valor rank 5 and feel entitled. Either way, people in blue pvp armor will have had to commit their resources to the endevor of owning it.

Most of all I don't want to see PvE heroes owning in PvP because our PvP heroes were neutered.

no! the solution is not to nerf expertice! this would break pvp in the future totally. it would force every pvp player to hunt for better pve gear that will come with new game content!

though the gap between fresh 50s and longtime ones must be narrowed a bit and this is the case! they already announced this will come with the next major patch. how, we do not know. maybe by allowing lwoer palyers to gather expertice before 50 (which actually already is easily possible, as it was many times explained!!!!).

but nerfing expertice is breaking pvp and will make pvp MORE GEAR DEPENDED as it is now!

I dont understand all the QQ full BM will still stomp a new 50 just not as much as now.

Imo it needed to happen the differential was too high heck even after 2 weeks of the game being out it was bad it was just hidden because we were all queuing together and we could blame levels.

And im sorry but i never have played a game where after a month i could basically be so geared i would just destroy everyone on gear alone like it is in tor.

Even games like rift where you could power up the ranks the R6 pvp gear was actually not much better than 5 man T2 expert dungeon gear(they did not make pvp gear raid worthy until raids were getting cleared but i guess since raiding in ToR is a joke compared to other games they have to make it all available)

Its a pity that the bads will benefit from this but for the quality of the game i think the gear differential is too big too early and needed to be changed.. Imagine how much worse it will get with the next tiers of gear..

I loved pvp so far, even more after they kicked out lvl 50 ... I mean they made a seperate bracets for. I hit lvl 50 today and the word was I won't be able to PVP at all due to differences (and I have 35 valor so I did some PVP so far :p)

All in all this news made me so happy!

I still assume I will get my *** kicked like lvl 10 - 14 get at the moment in under 50 due to lack of super skils and expirience but I am really happy I won't just go to PVP to cry after every match (yes I cry I am a girl and getting my *** kicked with no chance of defence would make me cry).

Thanks for the good news! (even though this was soo not your intention ;)

You know...the vast majority of ppl for nerfing pvp gear, are ppl that don't currently have it, right? If your Elite PvE'rs are so much more skilled, then why do they wanna unbalance the pvp by nerfing Pvp gear?

I read your post as pvp is balanced now then, when us terribad pvp'rs have a "handicap"! =)

Really? Where's your research on this? HMMMM? Quit making up crap.

no! the solution is not to nerf expertice! this would break pvp in the future totally. it would force every pvp player to hunt for better pve gear that will come with new game content!

though the gap between fresh 50s and longtime ones must be narrowed a bit and this is the case! they already announced this will come with the next major patch. how, we do not know. maybe by allowing lwoer palyers to gather expertice before 50 (which actually already is easily possible, as it was many times explained!!!!).

but nerfing expertice is breaking pvp and will make pvp MORE GEAR DEPENDED as it is now!

Yes, because nerfing expertise in any regard will immediately make PvE gear better, no matter how small. *siiigh* oh no, the sky is falling, the sky is falling, help me, save me...

Edited by Kuari

A nerf to expertise wouldn't make PvE gear more viable, and there is going to be new sets of PvP gear as new sets of PvE gear come along with content patches that give more stats.

PvP gear will still be better than PvE gear because the benefits it gives in PvP with expertise should still be made to outweigh the benefits that come from PvE sets and their bonuses.

I don't really understand your argument.

I think that the OP just made my brain explode.

RNG bags and the PvP Gear advantage have been the single most complained about Items on these forums. These were not just QQ Whines, but legitimate issues. In one fell swoop, BioWare just all but eliminated the RNG issue, eliminated the duplicate problem, replacing luck with rewarding time invested, while allowing new 50s a real path towards gearing up and not getting rolled by 50s, yet still providing enough of an expertise edge to justify grinding for BM gear. These are all GREAT CHANGES.

Plus there’s not one iota of credible evidence that BW intends to nerf PvP gear, it appears they are just making it easier to obtain the Tier 1 set. This change also makes stealth removing the level 50 make a bit more sense since the Tier 1 set makes it essentially irrelevant.

Bravo BioWare, you did well.

Close to having full set of champ gear, I couldn't care less if they removed the expertise from it. I don't like the "I grinded for this gear so now I can beat you even if I s***" idea. It's player vs player not player vs gear.