Pvp gear nerfs are you freaking kidding?!

Dosaexe

So let me get this straight,

People who dedicate 75% or more of there time in game to pvp just to get the gear and strategies down in the warzones.Now have all there hard work and time spent absolutely dumped on because?

Players that hit 50 and didn't spend any of there time pvping are getting beat beacuse they don't have any gear

NO CRAP ! You didn't spend anytime toward it why would you expect to be able to compete against people who spent a majority of there daily time online even before 50 pvping?!

Time and time again I see people with valor ranks less than 20 WHINING and crying in the warzones about getting beat by people who were better geared.

NEWS FLASH - ....DUH

What about the countless number of people who are geared in pvp and barely have any Columi/Rakata gear!? I only have 2 pieces of PVE Gear - So someone who's pvp'd twice or maybe 3 times with no pvp gear

BUT - A full set of columi gear can hold there own agiasnt a person who's valor 65 and worked extremely hard just to get geared out in battlemaster gear.

Thats ridiculous I agree that people should be on a level playing field in PVP but they should HAVE TO WORK FOR IT JUST LIKE WE DID.

Handing them a free ride doesn't fix the fact that they didn't put in the time and I know this is long winded but GIVE ME A BREAK this is BS

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Handing them a free ride doesn't fix the fact that they didn't put in the time and I know this is long winded but GIVE ME A BREAK this is BS

I feel for you. I rarely PvP and I fully understand that I will get ''p0wned'' if I do. That's okay for me, it's all in good fun. But i hear alot of whining, yes.

I am very, very surprised to see that THIS is what they decided to change, with all the end-game problems that they are having, nerfing hardcore PvP players is NOT the way to go now.

Thank you for you're honest reply.

A lot of people get PVP gear to help supplement the difference into 8 man OPS groups when they hit 50,What BW Doesn't really understand is that this effects them more than anything,

You can't just expect people to say "Oh that's fine ..I worked since level 10 for all these commendations and gear bags ..go ahead and nerf them ..."

Lol ...so ludicrous.

You are a victim of the WoW-Arena's idiotic mentality.

This is a game. ONE game. Not two, not three, ONE game. I know you are used to having your MMO divided into tiny little compartments, but that does not mean we all do.

PvP gear = good in PvE, best in PvP

PvE gear = best in PvE, good in PvP

^ How you do an MMO.

PvP gear = crap in PvE, best in PvP

PvE gear = best in PvE, crap in PvP

^ How you ruin an MMO.

I Don't think PVP Gear should be overly powered , thats not what I mean

Allow me to specify . Here's what Bioware said, To supplement the difference between players who just hit 50 and players who are geared in pvp gear were are going to "Adjust"

The values of PVP gear.

^ what does that honestly sound like to you...?

I like an even match..But what I don't like is that gear that people worked hard and put the time in for will be for the most part negated by someone who is fresh at 50 - which begs the question..Why even have pvp gear? PVE Gear allready gives better stats by a good amount.

I don't mean to come off as a whiner I'll admit I was Raging a little bit when I wrote the O.P.

But this is a pretty serious nerf..and might drive a considerable amount of people away if not handled correctly.

It sounds like they are going to lower the gap in power between top-end gear and bottom-of-the-tree stuff. What is so tragic about it? It means you will **** a little less, yes. You will still be more powerfull then a fresh 50, just not as much as right now.

You speak of "serious nerfs" when you have no idea what is going to be changed and how. Quit freaking out/take your pills?

While players who have spent more time and therefore acquired better equipment should have a visible boost over the others, it should not be game-breakingly bad.

A new player without raid experience or PvP experience at 50, and there 'is new', should have some chance to see some fun and some kills and some wins against the other team, regardless of their gear. Otherwise it just turns into an Esport, where newbies lose and veterans win, until, by some slow, tedious process the newbie manages to make it to being a veteran through toil and turmoil that is not inherent in the game but has to do with a number of the community having reached a certain point earlier and by more advantage than just having the higher ground, holding it there for an indefinite period of time until a few dedicated people from the lower tier of the community manage to seep their way in.

If gear is heavily imbalanced in favor of the geared, I agree that it should be nerfed. I don't know because I haven't hit 50 yet, but from what I hear, it needs more equalizing.

I actually support the closing of the gap in PvP gear. Learn to beat people with your skill, not with your stats. The countless hours of PvPing and learning strategy should give you a skill advantage. If you are getting outclassed by new 50s even in the same gear, I don't know what to tell you.

I Don't think PVP Gear should be overly powered , thats not what I mean

Allow me to specify . Here's what Bioware said, To supplement the difference between players who just hit 50 and players who are geared in pvp gear were are going to "Adjust"

The values of PVP gear.

It sounds like they are going to adjust it to me. Anything else is purely your projection.

I like an even match..But what I don't like is that gear that people worked hard and put the time in for will be for the most part negated by someone who is fresh at 50 - which begs the question..Why even have pvp gear? PVE Gear allready gives better stats by a good amount.

I don't mean to come off as a whiner I'll admit I was Raging a little bit when I wrote the O.P.

But this is a pretty serious nerf..and might drive a considerable amount of people away if not handled correctly.

Who says it will be negated 'for the most part'? How do you know it still won't give a considerable boost? Come now, be sensible. See what it does first before jumping the gun.

I like an even match..But what I don't like is that gear that people worked hard and put the time in for will be for the most part negated by someone who is fresh at 50...

You mean all those people who worked so hard exploiting the Ilum issues to get their BM Titles/Gear? Yeah that was some really hard work there... :rolleyes:

Lets take a quick but accurate look at the gear and see why the variance is so big between pve geared people vs pvp geared people, in a pvp context:

Expertise. This mechanic serves no purpose other than to widen the very gap devs now say they wish to lessen. They should think about that. They should remove Expertise. Simple.

Removing the expertise has been already brought up a hundred times before, but would make pvp gear the equivalent of level 54 armor or something. Considering the lottery we've all had to play since the game's start with popping bags, and doing dailies just to get the gear, I do think nerfing the gear, instead of fixing the actual source of the crying is a mistake.

I Feel like the majority of you are taking snippits of what i've said and viewing that as my entire post...

Don't know how many more times I can reiterate my point but i'll try one more time

For the sake of argument.

- I LIKE an even match in pvp..a game should never be one sided,in warzones it's more about teamwork than gear and lowering the stats on the gear people own won't change that at all.

- I DISLIKE,The fact that players who put no work into pvping BEFORE THERE 50,Are whining about not being able to do well in PVP when they have no experience in it,The best PVPERS Group a 4 man and premade when they pvp.

Also the MAIN POINT of this post ..which seemed to be lost on the majority of the people who posted here is - A good amount of people who hit 50 GET PVP GEAR to help ease the transition into OPS groups for PVE - NERFING PVP GEAR,will only make that transition harder thus create more grinding to be able to group for end game content.

I have no clue what there going to adjust , But I do know that if there not carefull with the nerf there going to alienate more than a few people.

So let me get this straight,

People who dedicate 75% or more of there time in game to pvp just to get the gear and strategies down in the warzones.Now have all there hard work and time spent absolutely dumped on because?

Players that hit 50 and didn't spend any of there time pvping are getting beat beacuse they don't have any gear

NO CRAP ! You didn't spend anytime toward it why would you expect to be able to compete against people who spent a majority of there daily time online even before 50 pvping?!

Time and time again I see people with valor ranks less than 20 WHINING and crying in the warzones about getting beat by people who were better geared.

NEWS FLASH - ....DUH

What about the countless number of people who are geared in pvp and barely have any Columi/Rakata gear!? I only have 2 pieces of PVE Gear - So someone who's pvp'd twice or maybe 3 times with no pvp gear

BUT - A full set of columi gear can hold there own agiasnt a person who's valor 65 and worked extremely hard just to get geared out in battlemaster gear.

Thats ridiculous I agree that people should be on a level playing field in PVP but they should HAVE TO WORK FOR IT JUST LIKE WE DID.

This is no different from anything else in their disclaimer. Are you going to be on hear whining when they raise the lvl cap to 60, then 70, then 100? you'll have to go back to work at getting more gear and lvls again.

Also, your probably empire and of course you love the lame excuse of a warzone pvp system they have here. Grinding out in a zero lvl requirement (lvl 10 vs lvl 49) isn't fun for most other PAYING customers. Player warzones with hacks isn't fun for other PAYING customers. Playing over and over the same warzones day in and day out isn't fun for other PAYING customers. Grinding out that kind of what you call dedication, most normal people call boring and lame. So they explore other parts of the game hoping it is better, only to make end game and have that crap too.

Hmm. it's not all about you bro.. big world out there.

Edited by thefixx

You mean all those people who worked so hard exploiting the Ilum issues to get their BM Titles/Gear? Yeah that was some really hard work there... :rolleyes:

Dude My guild on NADDS SARCOPHAGUS - Black Flag,

Would roll around Ilum for hours on end trying to break up these farming parties beacuse we knew how game breaking and unfair it was.

To assume that everyone did that is just f'ing stupid,

On the other hand - anyone who did exploit that is in no way at all entitled to whine about anything pvp realted beacuse they don't know how hard it is to grind from 40-60 valor ranking doing warzones non stop for weeks on end.

It sounds like they are going to lower the gap in power between top-end gear and bottom-of-the-tree stuff. What is so tragic about it? It means you will **** a little less, yes. You will still be more powerfull then a fresh 50, just not as much as right now.

You speak of "serious nerfs" when you have no idea what is going to be changed and how. Quit freaking out/take your pills?

Sounds like they're copying Rift and are going to be adding separate qualifying stats for gear. IE, a PvP stat for PvP (removes +Crit/power/alacrity) on the gear itself but replaces it with something that gives damage reduction or + damage only on players.

Then, they're suggesting about adding a PvE stat to the set gear so that it is needed for PvE progression. That gear will have the typical crit/power/alacrity and trying to fight PvE without it will be futile.

That's what they're doing.

This is no different from anything else in their disclaimer. Are you going to be on hear whining when they raise the lvl cap to 60, then 70, then 100? you'll have to go back to work at getting more gear and lvls again.

Also, your probably empire and of course you love the lame excuse of a warzone pvp system they have here. Grinding out in a zero lvl requirement (lvl 10 vs lvl 49) isn't fun for most other PAYING customers. Player warzones with hacks isn't fun for other PAYING customers. Playing over and over the same warzones day in and day out isn't fun for other PAYING customers. Grinding out that kind of what you call dedication, most normal people call boring and lame. So they explore other parts of the game hoping it is better, only to make end game and have that crap too.

Hmm. it's not all about you bro.. big world out there.

I Did just fine Pvping at 10-49 And I did that when there were still 50's in the warzones who had gear..Wanna know why?

we went as a premade and worked together to win,PVPING isn't about what gear you have in this game...it helps give you an edge sure.

But if you're working toward your objectives like you should be,EDGE OR NO EDGE. you're going to keep winning against people who run around aimlessly trying to dps down single targets at a time.

Play a lot = work hard to some people.

... And those people are delusional. In reality, it's not. There is no argument against it. Unless of course you're an Asian gold farmer who gets beat with a whip, because you were assigned to earn such currency via pvp matches, and did not meet your quota.

Edited by ominousz

So, you support time wasted grinding arbitrary numbers being rewarded rather than actual player skill?

Thank you for identifying yourself as a badie.

Just rolling with what the game gave me to work with.

If it was all player skilled based I wouldn't even be posting here I'd be balls deep in a warzone right now having a blast...

But that isn't the way things are..now is it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.