Pvp gear nerfs are you freaking kidding?!

Dosaexe

You only pvped for the gear? Epic fail....

I got Battlemaster myself and I have no problems with these changes, because with my experience in PvP I am still better than a fresh dinged 50...

I guess this summarizes it.

Any one who needs a large gear gap to be competitive in PvP is not a PvPer at all. Just another carebear who has no skill or strategy at all.

A real, dedicated PvPer shows his difference with his skill and strategy not with his gear.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Np, as long as I can get the same PvE gear YOU GET (by PvE), by not PvEing, but by PvPing.

That's the point. I don't care if expertise is removed... but then BM should become exactly the same with the best PvE gear in game. Then it's the PvErs that would cry.

I should not be forced to PvE (in order to PvP), when I find it pointless, not a challenge and boring. That's the point, do you get it now?

They will be making most gear moddable (meaning taking and placing) before long. Will make more crafting professions viable besides cybertech and biochem. Making expertise mean less does not make PVE gear better. PVE gear won't make you crit for 7k.

From this post I take it you believe the time you spend playing PvP should relate to how easy it is for you to kill another player. That by playing more PvP you expect to be given gear that means you stomp on someone who is the same level as you but is new to PvP?

I take it you do not value skill them? Using your model you could be a terrible player but have played a lot of PvP. The new player could be an incredible player but has no gear as he hasn't spent time PvPing so far. This fight would be dictated by the gear so that the worse layer has an advantage opposed to the skilled players having a skill based advantage.

I think this is wrong. I believe skill should be the number one factor in PvP. Rewards should be vanity items like titles.

Yes yes ....totally agree

I want to kill the last boss in 16 man ops with blue gear then.... is that ok? why should i go through all the hard modes and 8 man ops first? If i am skilled i should be able to do it with blue gear and take the spots in raids from people better geared than me....

From this post I take it you believe the time you spend AFKing in warzones should relate to how easy it is for you to kill another player. That by playing more PvP you expect to be given gear that means you stomp on someone who is the same level as you but is new to PvP?

Fixed that for you.

PVP - player vs player.

It's not called gear vs gear, even though most modern MMO's post WOW try and make it seem like it is.

Here's the deal, pvp should be about player skill. Just because you grinded minigames, kill trading, or crate clicking shouldn't give you an auto win in PVP.

You 'deserve it' though, right?

lol

Someones afraid that without their large gear advantage they won't be able to own face anymore?

.... :D

Edited by Jebi

This thread can be summarized in the following manner:

Vague information is released concerning changing a few stats to rebalance PvP gear

Clearly this means they're removing expertise now?

rofl. A HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE leap in logic people. Also, to sum up op:

"Oh noes! I can't 3 shot new 50's! QQ! QQ!"

And yes, I am 50 with full BM (before I rerolled repub)

The pvp gear nerf is a terrible idea. The class balance is just terrible and they should work on that before anything else. So now I suppose pve gear will be better than pvp gear in pvp also. If that is the case I will unsub for sure because I do not want to sit in pve hardmodes etc all day every day trying to gear again when I already spent 100+ hours grinding battlemaster the legit way.

I should not be forced to PvE (in order to PvP), when I find it pointless, not a challenge and boring. That's the point, do you get it now?

I agree on this. There should be no stat difference in PvP between a player with raid gear and a player without a raid gear. Otherwise it enforces players to do something that they don't want to do.

However, only speaking for PvP, opening the gap between new and old players will result in decrease in new player numbers. And at the end it will be the dead of PvP in this game.

• In PvE, players are NOT FORCED to play against enemies which are stronger than their stats to gear up.
  • In PvP you HAVE TO do that in order to gear up.
  • This is a design flaw.

No man you fail to understand that what we afraid is to see battlemasters get 1 shotted by Rakata geared carebears....

Rakata geared carebears vs ilum geared carebears / minigame grinding carebears.

Meh...

I couldn't care less either way, level 10-49 it's much more enjoyable than the level 50 gear race/grind garbage model.

But i honestly doubt BW would stuff up PVP gear that badly. All they need to do is add a lvl PVP blue set with expertise, as well as crafted gear with expertise.

Done.

Edited by Jebi

I want to kill the last boss in 16 man ops with blue gear then.... is that ok?

my brother,

It is definitely NOT OK of course.

However as I wrote before, in PvE you are not FORCED to fight against the LAST BOSS to get gear that will help you to kill him. You first have an option to fight against easier enemies to gear up.

In current PvP system this is flawed. It's like, game is forcing you to beat that last boss with blue gear and you're getting frustrated about it as you can't.

I agree on this. There should be no stat difference in PvP between a player with raid gear and a player without a raid gear. Otherwise it enforces players to do something that they don't want to do.

However, only speaking for PvP, opening the gap between new and old players will result in decrease in new player numbers. And at the end it will be the dead of PvP in this game.

• In PvE, players are NOT FORCED to play against enemies which are stronger than their stats to gear up.
  • In PvP you HAVE TO do that in order to gear up.
  • This is a design flaw.

PvE can be learnt and rarely changes from run to run. Its predictable.

PvP has the human element involved, always different every run. Its unpredictable.

It would be nice if there was some predictability in progression through PvP

funny on how all you super elite awesome pvpers whine so much about bad players and their gear

I guess your skills really are not all that good

You're right.

No one who says the gear gap is too big could POSSIBLY already be in full bm.

Inconceivable!

funny on how all you super elite awesome pvpers whine so much about bad players and their gear

I guess your skills really are not all that good

Or you know... the good pvpers in the PVP gear are bored with smashing undergeared players and would actually like to see PVP that is... more about skill, less about the gear treadmill?

*shock*

my brother,

It is definitely NOT OK of course.

However as I wrote before, in PvE you are not FORCED to fight against the LAST BOSS to get gear that will help you to kill him. You first have an option to fight against easier enemies to gear up.

In current PvP system this is flawed. It's like, game is forcing you to beat that last boss with blue gear and you're getting frustrated about it as you can't.

Its ok. I see you think the gear gap will take away new players. If you are a true pvper, you wouldnt care.

If, however, the stat reduction is only to pvp gear not to pve gear as well. Then you will see more pve gear in warzones due to the higher stats, meaning higher burst to offset the nerfed exp/stats on pvp gear.

Pretty simple, that happens the nubs wont have to worry bout a gear gap, the true pvper will leave due to the over bearing river of tears from carebears.

I'm just about to hit 50 and have the same valor rank as level, have done all along - because I love the warzones and find the whole questing thing and flashpoints robitic and dull.

I have enjoyed the ride, however if I suddenly hit a brick wall where I am vastly outmatched by people with way better gear than me - that can be quite demoralising.

I would say, hard as it is, Bioware should follow the masses - after all the more people that are happy the better.

On my server I see people begging in chat for more people to queue for 50 warzones and people responding they dont want to because they just get pounded. If this continues to happen there won't be ANY pvp for anyone. So... making it balanced is of course fair.

I would be VERY happy to play on a totally even playground with everyone just having titles to show off rather than better gear.

If you really are amazing at pvp you should be able to win with worse gear and welcome the nerfing to attract more people to pvp...no?

Edited by RaveyLarge

I like an even match..But what I don't like is that gear that people worked hard and put the time in for will be for the most part negated by someone who is fresh at 50 - which begs the question..Why even have pvp gear? PVE Gear allready gives better stats by a good amount.

I agree with this.

I want something to work for that makes my toon significally stronger then he was before he started working, even if that takes months.

If they make the difference between a new 50 and someone who spent weeks working up his gear, allmost equal - Then there is no real sense of accomplishment when i finally get that new piece of equipment!

No, i really dislike the entire concept of balancing this out. I was at disadvantage when i just dinged 50 too, and guess what? -I still enjoýed pvp and had to play a bit smarter not to get killed all the time. And now, 1 week later im at -7,5% expertise..

It enough to just increase the commendations per bag (Which i think i read they're doing?) but there is NO need whatsoever, to change pvp gear to the worse in favor of those who doesn't have it yet. It's not hard to get and even now it doesn't take that long if you put some effort into it!

The only reason i see for doing this, is to aid those who are lazy enough to not really wanna work a little for the gear -And that shouldn't be rewarded imo.

I assume my looted gear from level 49 will be allmost equal to the top tier PVE gear as well, right? -God forbid i have to work for it to be viable in PVE! :rolleyes:

-Thats my oppinion

You're right.

No one who says the gear gap is too big could POSSIBLY already be in full bm.

Inconceivable!

you miss understand me

I am only speaking about players who whine that pvp is not skill based only

if your skilled you can learn to adapt to situations and know your roll to over come gear gaps, I am not in full champ and pvp whenever I play, I also was under 50 fighting people in champ gear before the patch. did I whine, no. did I compete, yes. do I take offense by idiots like the guy I quoted, a little.

I am not the best but I do alright I just think its funny people on the internet who act hard like being good at video games is some big thing

also I do not agree at all that rpg pvp should be skill only that is for sports, fps and fighters any "real" rpg player will want progression and better gear/skills/levels/stats/ect.

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.