Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

Improv-

I'm logged in now. And it's full of people around me.

It's a thriving game, and ALL the data we have confirms that. You have absolutely no factual figure to counter it.

You have been utterly defeated. And it makes you very, very mad. :rolleyes:

I'm not mad, I'm a paying subscriber.. I'm here right along with you. I'm just not denying the obvious.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta love the rational of a fanboy. Hey guys enjoy your skeleton MMO I hope it stays the pile of garbage it currently is since you all seem to be enjoying it so much. Sorry as a paying unsatisfied customer if I don't buy the BS the company releases to save face. This game is a bare bones sorry excuse for a 2012 mmo. I won't be re subbing after this month I'll leave ton of crap to you fanboys who seem to kill any game thats is decent but need a hell of a lot more to be great with blind defense of obvious flaws. Mark my word if this game stays like it is now this will be the next DCUO by the summer. Any normal player can see the pop is on the decline in a major way. Fanboys will believe anything BW says and they will defend it with their lives. So thanks guys for ruining another game that had so much dam potential.

U mad bro?

Sorry if some of us enjoy this game... What I find funny is you doomsayer spouting doom and gloom because you personally dont like it..

What I find funny is our pop on space slug is going just great. Last nite I saw 283 people on the fleet... Most I have ever seen...

He wasn't making a value judgement! He was simply pointing out that the numbers are fluid and do not accurately represent the game as a success or failure.

The fact that you jumped to the defensive says something about your part in this debate.

;)

Cool, but my point remains valid. Spend five minutes on the forums and you'll see it is this every time.

I actually didn't read anything he wrote before hand, so forgive me.

I'm not mad, I'm a paying subscriber.. I'm here right along with you. I'm just not denying the obvious.

Your posts state the contrary.

Oh by the way. Riccitello explicitly stated that the active customer base of 1.7 millions is growing.

Due to the fact that anything said at an investor call is legally binding, you have no ground or reason to disbelieve it. Unless you think he's willing to serve a few years in a federal jail. Which of course is ludicrous.

Edited by Abriael

I assume too much:cool:

FTFY! :p

I actually don't agree or disagree with the OP. I just enjoy laughing at this nonsense. Thanks for the best of the laughs. Your posts are priceless, unleash your rage. The dark side of the force is strong in you.

Edited by XOrionX

What's funny is you continuing to deny that the sky is, in fact, blue. Even when shown evidence you blindly declare otherwise.

So, how would you like that crow cooked?

To him it's hard to see the color of the sky when it is falling right on top of him!

Your posts state the contrary.

Oh by the way. Riccitello explicitly stated that the active customer base of 1.7 millions is growing.

Due to the fact that anything said at an investor call is legally binding, you have no ground or reason to disbelieve it. Unless you think he's willing to serve a few years in a federal jail. Which of course is ludicrous.

Some fanboys are so dense on this forum..

They're not inflating the numbers, but the numbers are undeniably INACCURATE.. EXTREMELY INACCURATE. It's already been proven that that 1.7 million number (which is a bold-faced lie in the first place, come on.. jesus) includes the free month (lol).. and they also removed the unsubscribe button the day before and the day of the end of the free month, thus stranding dozens of thousands in this crap game for another month.

Do you understand how this stuff works, man? Or.. are you really that naive? No, the number may be 1.7 million.. but it's WILDLY inaccurate. Wait until official numbers are released.

Now wait was that growing? As in the subscriber base for TOR is growing...from the already astounding number of 1.7 million in one month..despite a well organized and compensated smear campaign?

A few hundreds crying haters can hardly make a dent against a solid marketing campaign.

It was expected. No one cares about the forums and a couple lame websites.

Now wait was that growing? As in the subscriber base for TOR is growing...from the already astounding number of 1.7 million in one month..despite a well organized and compensated smear campaign?

/sips tea

How interesting.......

Is that despite the smear campaign or because of the hype machine?

Not making a judgement, but I'd like to point out that TOR has a massive advertising campaign behind it.

Edited by Dezzi

That is ACTIVE subscription. Post free month. Read the actual thing.

Over 2 million sold and 1.7 million have subbed passed their free month...

Someone who bought a pre-paid card to activate their account but left during the first 30 days is still considered an "active" subscriber ( even if they hit the cancel button ) until the full 90 days+ time on their account is over.

Learn of what you speak before typing.

Edited by Zorvan

Yes it's all billing errors god can these Astroturfers get any more lame?
Rofl.

Just wait for the "billing errors."

For reference, there were thousands of reported WAR billing errors around the second or third EA earning report following the release of WAR. People who hadn't been subscribed for months suddenly had their subscription renewed.

Thousands reported; what do you want to be it's closer to tens of thousands experienced.

Don't forget who you're dealing with when your inner fanboi gets the best of you. It's EA; they're *********** ruthless.

And this guy Brown explicitly states that 1.7M includes people who are still riding free month time.

1.7M people entered billing information as of some date he does not give.

Edited by Ansultares

What's wrong with wanting your favorite game to do well, especially when that game is multiplayer?

I would love for this game to do well. Slapping me with facts and figures doesn't do much for what I and many others here are observing. I'm not buying it, and maybe some of you shouldn't buy into things without questioning them a bit.

Oh, and lest we again say how legally binding these numbers are, look up the word reserves as it relates to financial reporting. What does it mean? What is it used for? Why are there notes to the financial statements? So investors get a real understanding of the numbers.

That's all I'm saying. Give me some backup to these numbers. Let's dig into there meaning. This information will never be released, but it should.

There's a difference between "legal" and "true", keep that in mind if you plan on participating through the next half of this debate.

Edited by andrelle

No reason to spin it, it's a quarter ending December 31 recap. At that point, everyone who activated a code was in their free month and could be considered a subscriber. The important numbers will some out in a few months, telling us how many subscriptions they retained.

Well, at least someone isn't totally blind. Glad you see it. The entire report is based off box sales with 30 day subs as "active subscribers" /quote. What happened post Jan 19th up to this point is not part of that report.

IN OTHER WORDS: SWTOR IS DYING A PAINFUL, PAINFUL DEATH.

Edited by Proto

They're not inflating the numbers, but the numbers are undeniably INACCURATE.. EXTREMELY INACCURATE. It's already been proven that that 1.7 million number (which is a bold-faced lie in the first place, come on.. jesus) includes the free month (lol).. and they also removed the unsubscribe button the day before and the day of the end of the free month, thus stranding dozens of thousands in this crap game for another month.

Do you understand how this stuff works, man? Or.. are you really that naive? No, the number may be 1.7 million.. but it's WILDLY inaccurate. Wait until official numbers are released.

translation of the above "they're not inflating the number, they're just inflating the number, but I'm just gonna use a different wording to make it seem different".

Numbers are legally binding ergo they are accurate.

Active customer numbers will ALWAYS include people within the free month, simply because as long as the game is being purchased, there will ALWAYS people that still didn't run out of their first 30 days.

The removal of the unsubscribe number is inconsequential. All those cases have been addressed manually, and they are unsuscribed safely.

Straws: You're continuing to grasp at them. It'll be a long, long fall.

Please then provide us with empirical evidence of the correct numbers....since you obviously have access to them.

2 mil bought dropping to 1.7 actual subs is similar to the percentage difference between what was happening with WoW's number decline during Cata. Funny, then, how fanboys can be so adamant one game is dying and the other game is somehow in a hugely successful spot. The only way TOR can really be considered a blockbuster (especially when considering the gargantuan development gamble) is if it does an additional 1.7mil current/active subs added each say, year, for the next 2 years. If we can have this discussion some time next year and TOR has at least, hopefully, 3 million subs instead of 300,000 I'll be impressed. From what I've seen so far the game had great potential and they simply weren't prepared for launch.

I would HATE to see this game go the way of Warhammer but you know... they bring on (are forced to work with) some of the same people, they're probably going to get what they deserve. Just sayin'... still burned by that game, so fool me twice shame on me.

Edited by Vexas

Someone who bought a pre-paid card to activate their account but left during the first 30 days is still considered an "active" subscriber ( even if they hit the cancel button ) until the full 90 days+ time on their account is over.

Learn of what you speak before typing.

Lol? you need to learn.

A few hundreds crying haters can hardly make a dent against a solid marketing campaign.

It was expected. No one cares about the forums and a couple lame websites.

What I find the most pleasing is that people have pretty much abandoned all official forums, 9/10 players say the same thing "avoid the official forums at all costs."

If in fact other game companies did launch smear campaigns against other fledgeling MMORPGs (which would be pathetic and sad), it really can't work any longer. It wont work simply because players realize what kind of nonsenical bullcrap gets spewed on the forums.

I come here for the laughs.

carry on.

Well, at least someone isn't totally blind. Glad you see it. The entire report is based off box sales with 30 day subs as "active subscribers" /quote. What happened post Jan 19th up to this point is not part of that report.

Nope. It says clearly "after little more than a month". Looks like the one that is totally blind is... *drumroll* you :rolleyes:

Lol...I don't even know what to say...

I'm so scared for the genre right now.

I suspect I feel like old MMOers must have felt when WoW released. Except vanilla was an almost happy balance.

If really poorly, but generally visually appealing, cutscenes with meaningless choices can entertain the casuals so well, and the genre is so prone to just copying the most recent feature that attracts braindead drones, then future MMOs will make Hello Kitty Island Adventure look like a hardcore paradise.

Uh huh.

Translation: I am stuck in my ways and only accept MMOs that follow a specific formula I am used to.

No it isn't.