Not one single player has been directly helped by Bioware?

Lomerell

Disclaimers:

• I love this game. This is not an "or I'll quit" thread or anything similar.
  • Many MANY things have already been fixed, including awful/major bugs.
  • This release is overall VERY smooth.

In all known instances where tickets were submitted, Bioware's response has been automated email. The ultimate message might say:

• This will be addressed in a future patch.
  • Your ticket was sent to another department.

However, the problem itself is not fixed/addressed and no further assistance occurs. In all of my tickets, friends tickets, guild's tickets, and forum posts, this has been the case.

This has been true even if:

• The player's class quest became bugged and he could no longer advance the plot for his character - at all.
  • The player got stuck in someone else's class quest instance and couldn't leave until Fleet Beacon became available, rendering that character unplayable for up to 18 hours

Players, please tell me that some of you HAVE been helped by Bioware. Rather than blame them for my own misperception, I'd rather stay optimistic: People are being helped, I just haven't seen it yet.

It is entirely possible that the stories we hear are the ones that upset people, and not the ones where things went well, thus our perception is skewed. This is your chance to set the frustrated ones straight.

I have been helped with Customer Service. I accidentally destroyed a piece of armor (Yea, derpish move on my side) and they restored it after about 3 hours of it being a ticket.

Haha, that's great to hear so quickly. It's odd that they would help with an error like that and not a drastic one like a player being unable to advance his plot, but I don't necessarily want this to degenerate into a discussion of WHICH tickets BW chooses to help. It may be that some, they simply don't have answers for yet.

You've already proven that there ARE CSRs out there, they've just been rare spawns for some of us. Great to know.

Haha, that's great to hear so quickly. It's odd that they would help with an error like that and not a drastic one like a player being unable to advance his plot, but I don't necessarily want this to degenerate into a discussion of WHICH tickets BW chooses to help. It may be that some, they simply don't have answers for yet.

You've already proven that there ARE CSRs out there, they've just been rare spawns for some of us. Great to know.

The CSR's tend to pull straws for the most daunting tickets. Or whatever they pull in India.

I have been helped with Customer Service. I accidentally destroyed a piece of armor (Yea, derpish move on my side) and they restored it after about 3 hours of it being a ticket.

i've been waiting over a week for someone to refund me commendations for the wrong item purchased from a pvp vendor..

Look, i didnt even read your post, i only read the thread title and i can tell you its false.

There are threads in this same forum on the support section where bioware has specifically asked individual players that are having problems running the game to post their data and tried to help or use the data to solve the problem/bug for the next patches.

Edited by Nemmar

Add me to the list of non-helped customers. I filed a ticket for an issue and was basically told to wait for a future patch.

A future patch SAID it fixed my issue, but it didn't. My character still has 5 grey quests in her quest log that can't be completed nor abandoned.

I was offered help from cs when I accidentally destroyed an item, I chose to just let it be destroyed. When I submit a bug report I get the email saying thanks and we apologize and it will be forwarded. However the last bug I sent I found a solution and created another ticket referencing the previous ticket and received and email saying how they were glad I got it resolved and how they sent the work around to that department.

My destroyed item ticket was answered within like 12 hours and it was during the first week. My bug tickets usually get a response 24 hours after but my work around ticket reference got a reply within an hour.

Add me to the list of non-helped customers. I filed a ticket for an issue and was basically told to wait for a future patch.

A future patch SAID it fixed my issue, but it didn't. My character still has 5 grey quests in her quest log that can't be completed nor abandoned.

I filed the same ticket. Got the same answer. Quests still aren't abandonable.

Refiled the same ticket. Never received a response, not even an automated response.

Worst customer service I've ever been party to in an MMO.

I filed the same ticket. Got the same answer. Quests still aren't abandonable.

Refiled the same ticket. Never received a response, not even an automated response.

Worst customer service I've ever been party to in an MMO.

Try WoW CS back in Vanilla. Nice try tho.

Customer Service cannot help you fix your bugs, they can help with little things. If you got some serious issue they'll pass it onto the developer team not fix it themselves because they are not able to.

This Ladies and Gentlemen.

Thank you and good night.

Customer Service cannot help you fix your bugs, they can help with little things. If you got some serious issue they'll pass it onto the developer team not fix it themselves because they are not able to.

Removing a quest from your character IS a little thing, but they won't do it.

My mom's companion died and then was bugged during a class quest and she wasn't able to res him, open her crew window or call any of her other companions. It took until the following morning, but she spoke with a CSR in game and they fixed the issue.

Will they even do that?

Correct YOUR mistake (not a game program bug)?

I don't think they will, but SWTOR really needs the option to sell items back to a vendor for exactly what you paid for them. Do like Blizzard does and put a 2 hour window on it to prevent abuse (using a pvp item til you get an upgrade and then refunding).

It's such a simple feature that has a massive impact on quality of life for players.