Opinion: Do you see yourself playing at the end of the year?

Dogfatherxx

Unfortunately it's become a placeholder. I'll play it until I've seen all 8 Class stories or GW2 releases, whichever happens later. Then I'll likely unsub until major content patches or expansions to see the new class story implementations.

As a main staple game though, nope. Swing and a miss Bioware.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Placeholder until Planetside 2.

I will play guild wars 2 but I didn't really enjoy the first one more than a month or two so I don't have high hopes for the 2nd.

If they do planetside 2 right I won't be playing another game for a few years. :eek:

I thought a lot reading whining comments here. Most of them are pure hysteria.

" Ahhhhhhhhh1111 Ilum is fail, pvp is fail, my life is broken, I CANCELLLL MY SUB!!!1, GOODBYE BIO " - the door shuts loudly. P.S. Be right back after peeps forget what i've just writen. (whispering)

And such like things. TOR is young and reminds a skeleton without flesh now. Yes, there are a lot of broken things and even ridiculous ones such as Ilum campings and bugs that don't count your wins. But in general, the game and the idea is fine. And i believe it has future.

I'm commando 61 valor lvl and i know what WZs problems are. But playing my char i don't feel incredible imbalance between classes like i felt in WoW (played about 4 years). My hunter was always a dummy for melees except BC times. Cata broke my hunter completely with focus mech and made me leave this stupidity for ever. So, now i'm here.

Some times i meet strong enemies and can't understand how they manage to kill me so fast. But it makes the game only more interesting for me because i know that having top gear and hands i WILL do the same painful things as the guy no matter what class i have. In wow my hunter's gear and skill meant not much because i never could win a top geared warrior or feral dru or rogue (shpriests as well btw). And after reading forum **** like "make you hands straight, dude" i felt only worse becasue i know that i play fine. At least it was fine in BC for some reason. I think it's srange that some classes' skill proc-s from expansion to expansion with different % in wow. In TOR only sorc/cons seem a bit OP but i won't affirm it because i kill both in most cases.

After the textwall i've written, i can say that i stay. Bio just don't follow wow experience plz and everything will be fine with the game.

1.) Are people really stupid enough to refer to diablo 3 as an mmo? Its a single player game.

2.) What a pathetic thread. It is literally just an excuse to get people to talk about GW2 without drawing Biowares attention.

**** about GW2 it isnt out. Ill worry about if I'm going to love it forever when it comes out.

So far, they seem to be doing pretty well. Many of you will roll your eyes at that statement, but keep in mind: I'm a reasonable person who isn't comparing TOR after 5 weeks to WoW after 5 years.

No, I'm comparing this game to...

Well, actually I'm not comparing it to anything. I take every game on it's own merits, and I quit when I get bored.

Unfortunately grinding the same 3 shoebox minigames (this is an MMO right?) for PVP gear (RNG says hi) can only hold my attention for so long, and as for crate clicking, or kill trading in 'that' zerg zone... well, let's not go there.

So no, I definitely won't be playing at the end of the year, unless of course they completely overhaul there minigame gear grind garbage and give us decent, meaningful, world PVP.

But let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

I give it another month at this rate.

Edited by Jebi

What is with all this hype for GW2?

If anything is going to be big it's going to be Blizzard's unannounced "Titan" MMO.

Because GW2 will actually have good, competitive PVP, and not some gear grindfest. And if you listen to the dev's interviews, they are actually gamers who are actually trying to make the game fun *shock*, and not suits who just add grinds to keep people playing and paying.

As for Titan, well, hopefully it's nothing like WOW: the MMO for MMO noobs and carebears. I hope they take the training wheels of this time and make an MMO with substance, oh, and decent world PVP.

Edited by Jebi

Honestly, I don't see myself playing after 6 months. I'm really hard pressed to play after my 2 month game card even.

The game is fun until endgame PvP. The WZ are fun to a point. The combat is fun.

The problem is Ilum blows major cajones, and I'm sick of the stupid PvP grind that is iced off with a horrid RNG system.

Yes.

Still playing my first toon, and am only at lvl 31. I don't have as much time as many, so I think I'm enjoying it more. I anticipate it will be quite some time before I hit 50, and even then it will probably take me even longer to do all of the hardmodes, operations, etc. before I've exhausted all of the content. Then I'll move more exclusively into PvP.

Plus I'm a Star Wars fan in general so I'm sure I'll eventually get to all of the class story-lines.

I concur. I'm definitely sticking with this game for the long haul. It's a blast, in spite of its faults, and I can't wait to see the future of this game.

Lol love how people assume that the next mmo wont make them sad pandas too. Most people who decide to quit a MMO after a month are the same people who just float around mmos being unsatisfied with anything.

Me Im staying for a long time.

Probably because all these games are just wow clones. Also, probably because all the wow clones are recycling the same PvP designers and never learned why the PvP camp ditched out the last time. I personally am not into the theme park, light version of a korean grinder, where the dudes with no lives can gear up and solo kill four other players simultaneously. I'm in the disappointed camp.

I don't find getting rolled by geared premades fun, nor will I ever catch up. Job, girlfriend and other hobbies actually create the situation where I will never "grind" up enough gear to enjoy a satisfactory competitive match. So why pay money just to get pissed.

Seriously, I played over 20 games yesterday and won 2.

I put a gamecard that'll last through the end of march. The new content patch comes out around march and if that hooks me, then i'll renew. Not committing too long term (1-2 months at the most). Oddly enough I did the same thing with WoW as well.

Not sure If I'll buy Diablo 3..... Been playing the game in beta for 6+ months now and I don't feel like paying for a game where I completed the content already..

I don't see any other subscription based games that interest me. GW 2 is the only game I have my eye on.

1.) Are people really stupid enough to refer to diablo 3 as an mmo? Its a single player game.

You have confirmed that you do not have any clue what you are talking about. D3 will not even be playable offline.

Please - and I mean this with the utmost amount of respect - go drown yourself in a bucket of bleach. The world will thank you for it, right before it forgets you even existed.

Edited by Mhak

I will probably rage quit in a few months. I may keep my sub for a few after that out of loyalty for the nice try they have here and for the lightsabers. But I am a pvper and the CC-spam and completely ridiculous healing (1. people shoot "healing" guns, c'mon 2. I did 85k dam in a warzone today and got 2 kills - not 2 kbs, 2 kills - yoyo health bars is really why I quit wow) are not my idea of fun at all.

What is with all this hype for GW2?

If anything is going to be big it's going to be Blizzard's unannounced "Titan" MMO.

GW2 will be just like GW1. It will be really fun, intense and competitive for a couple months and then it will get tired.

Additionally, as far as I'm aware, GW2 is an "MMO," but there will be no subs. So good luck seeing new content pumped out for that on a regular basis. My guess is they will just do continued expansions or some such thing.