Opinion: Do you see yourself playing at the end of the year?

Dogfatherxx

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what games are coming out, I will play this game depending on how BW manages it over time. So far, they seem to be doing pretty well. Many of you will roll your eyes at that statement, but keep in mind: I'm a reasonable person who isn't comparing TOR after 5 weeks to WoW after 5 years.

It'll be hard to tell for another couple months until after major issues are addressed and they can focus more fully on content development. But if they do half as good of a job as Blizzard does with online games, I think they'll have a solid game for years to come.

This.

So far, despite the bugs and glitches and other issues. This has been one of the smoothest launches I have been in and I have enjoyed leveling my Juggernaut.

I hope so, but if they don't fix the PVP issues probably not. At level 50 things get very boring and to the point of why PVP once you get all the gear.

thats when the pvp starts. if you are an open world pvper like myself. ilum is trash and its only a neccesity for valor. once im done there my guild will be picking fights with nooby imps all over the galaxy just like swg used to be.

f ilum and f wz, thats NOT pvp.

I will play until March when Mass Effect 3 comes out. I'm sure I'll come back once more content is released, but the PVP isn't strong enough to keep me. Neither myself or the people I play with enjoy Huttball, but we get that WAY more than any other Warzone. Now when we get Huttball we just wait to get booted. Last night it took over an hour to find a match that wasn't Huttball. Until we get the option to filter what Warzones we want to do I won't be renewing.

I like the game and the potential but with no real word on what they plan to do, i doubt it. There is alot of things in game that makes you say *** at how it got out of beta.

Between class balance, pvp reward system & clunky funky mechanics ( cover system )...i highly doubt it.

I doubt it. That's a long way away, so who knows what happens before then. GW 2, Diablo 3, the huge expansion of Rohan for LoTRO (which I've been waiting for forever), the Nintendo Wii-U is supposed to launch around then, and all the other potential console games coming out (Resident Evil 6!!).

I think the days of me being a one MMO guy are over. There's tons of options out there now and with a lot of them doing the smart thing and adopting hybrid F2P models, I don't feel like I ever "have" to play a game.

Yup, nothing great coming out soon.

Diablo 3 was nice til it was confirmed pay to win.

GW2 is just going to be 'join the best server and win at world pvp forever'... if the game actually comes out ever.

Other than that... what do I have? Pandas?

Sides, I enjoy the game, I'm not a power leveler so I haven't seen most of the content- and they have more content coming out on a regular basis.

Considering that the same Dev team that did Warhammer Online has done the same number on SWTOR and the Star Wars IP. I doubt it. Warhammer Online is down to 2 servers. This game is headed the same way.

Once you hit 50 you run out of things to do REALLY FAST!!!

I'm here till at least April and will definately re-evaluate at that time.

What frustrates me the most is that classes are not really mirrors as they claim and that it seems obvious that the Imp Profs have slight advantages across the board. This could be precieved as animations, slight tickup in damage / healing, affectiveness of CCs, etc.

The hole grind fest for valor and kill trading for BM gear is very lame and if BW does not clamp down will definately sway me away from SWTOR.

While I feel that my expectations were fairly low in that I did not buy into all the hype, I find myself questioning the integrity of the management of SWTOR based on their claims of spending 300mil. The overall polish of the game falls way short of that type of investiment. Also the lack of results for the first patches is not encouraging.

I am willing to be patient to a point and expect improvements at a good pace or I'm out.

This is a simple question for you. Do you see yourself playing this game at the end of the year or has it merely become a placeholder that you will use until something better comes along?

When the game first came out, I was really excited. I played it in all of my freetime and loved every minute of it. Now, there are some issues that are just ruining the experience for me. Some things, like WZ wins not counting and not having the option to select your WZ make this game seem second rate when compared to some existing competitors. The fact that BW has given little response on some of the more popular issues expressed by people does not help.

I know that some of these issues are going to be addressed in future patches, but do you really see yourself playing this game at the end of the year?

Given how much can change in a year on an MMO it's a stupid question.

Depends how they handle continuing balance patches, how much additional content they add, how much additional pvp maps, game modes, etc they add and a varietry of things which I can't think of yet.

Judging the success of an MMO based on its first couple of months of live would be moronic and I have no intention of doing so.

Yes!

Compared to other MMO's in the first month, this is by far the best I have played.

Lots of room for improvement but I like the challenge of hard modes, gear, class diversity, movies, graphics, mod system, and it's STAR WARS! Warcraft was really fun, but it's just too easy and they made all the classes the same. What is the fun in that? I enjoy both PVP and PVE. In previous games it's usually one or the other.

I do wish the raids and hard modes gave better loot compared to PVP as most feel they can just PVP and skip PVE stuff and I think that is making people avoid most of the PVE content and complain more.