Battlemaster box #6, only champion commendations (3 days of pvp). Sigh.

gormanster

As a valor 67 pre-1.1 battlemaster I've opened 42 BM bags and have 2 pieces of BM gear (belt and gloves) to show for it, and they were from before the patch. Post patch I've gotten 18 bags in a row now without BM commendations.

Incidentally I also have 2 pieces of rakkata gear, including the mh, from one hard mode operation run that took less than 2 hours on the first try.

This compounds with my unfortunate choice of a bottom tier pvp class, the sniper/gunslinger. It's gotten more frustrating by the day and I'm at the point where I've stopped playing.

And my point is proven. Thank god im not the only person who feel slike this.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, I'm 0-9 on BM bags.

I have the full set of champ gear, my tank pet has nearly a full set with about 5-6 duplicate champion pieces in the vault. Now I get MORE champion comms. Ask me again, why do I need more champion comms?

So, I rolled an alt, and am playing my main only for the two dailies.

So far, my alt is level 24, valour 24. I have the entire lvl 20 set and am almost done with the lvl 40 set while I'm at level 24.

I have ZERO BM pieces.

So what exactly is my motivation here? There is really no use in playing my main at this point. You guys at BW want me to keep playing AND paying you? WHY should I?

Don't even get me started about having to play at least an additional hour every day because of the stupid bug where WZ's don't count. FIX THIS GAME!

who cares if someone makes a post after opening just 3 or 60. Maybe/hopefully the more threads like these will show BW that something isn't fair here.

And to the people that play pve and think well getting pvp gear is just like getting a lucky roll in pve, it really isn't, considering how easy the operations/flashpoints are. The only problem my guild has had and most guilds on my server in pve have been towards bugs wiping us or having to reset rather than toughness of the operations.

What really grinds my gears is having valor lvl 30+ more then some people while having like 4 pieces of champ gear and some ****urion gear and these pvpers 30 levels below me have full champion...like cmon really BW? I do not want to have some game determined by luck. I want every piece of pvp gear to give me a challenge - similar vanilla wow's pvp gear and feel accomplished once i get it.

These are some Bad Mannered Bags.

Edited by Yalingto

I just unsubbed as well. The RNG loot bag system for BM had a part in it. I agree with those on some sort of grind system for BM gear(valor rank based) but would prefer a wz ranking system and spending either merc/wz comms to purchase once you are high enough rank. The numerous bugs, skill lag, and 4 to 1 faction imballance also played a part in my decision. I have 20 days to change my mind...we'll see. BTW, just for the numbers I have been BM for 2.5 weeks, opened 25 BM bags and have got 5 BM tokens.

Games been out a month and I don't have Best In Slot everything yet... *** BIOFAIL GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!11!1!

Kids today... don't know what real grinding is.

Go fight over the drop off a raid mob thats on a 6-7 day respawn. BTW its open world, and theres only 1 or 2 of these mobs for the entire server.

you're complaining after 6 bags? try 30.

Most frustrating progression system ever.

I'd like to beat the living crap out of the person who implemented this idea. Literally, just crack his skull underneath my boots.

Games been out a month and I don't have Best In Slot everything yet... *** BIOFAIL GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!11!1!

Kids today... don't know what real grinding is.

Go fight over the drop off a raid mob thats on a 6-7 day respawn. BTW its open world, and theres only 1 or 2 of these mobs for the entire server.

Games been out for a month and a half, and i'm sorry but not everyone plays at a SNAILS pace as i'm assuming you do. Call it sad or whatever the hell you want, but i have 17 days played on my character, as i'm sure may other in this thread do as well.

The point is, you should be able to spend the time how you want it...just because someone doesn't causally play only 1-2 hours a night like other people, doesn't mean they should get awarded the same way.

Do i think i should get my guy entirely decked out in 3 days? No. But if i'm logged in for 60 hours of though i should be able to get more than the guy who's logged in for 6. Goals should be in place for all play types -- both of these players will get the "loot", just one will get it alot faster because they are putting in the time as soon as possible.

who cares if someone makes a post after opening just 3 or 60. Maybe/hopefully the more threads like these will show BW that something isn't fair here.

And to the people that play pve and think well getting pvp gear is just like getting a lucky roll in pve, it really isn't, considering how easy the operations/flashpoints are. The only problem my guild has had and most guilds on my server in pve have been towards bugs wiping us or having to reset rather than toughness of the operations.

I hate to say it... but for ease- you can just keep queueing and you'll eventually get your BM bags- or, farm armaments/pvp in Ilum if it actually happens.

HM/Ops are more challenging than pvp queuing.

On the other hand- if they did add ranked pvp for gear... that'd just make matters worse- with those who aren't geared simply never being able to get gear at all.

That said, it isn't a great system- they should have had BM bags give BM commendations- make the items cost alot, and have a chance at getting champ gear- and have Champ bags drops champ comm, same deal- and have a chance at dropping centurian gear.

Then have centurian gear buyable AT 50 (as in, you can't buy it at lower levels and just prefarm a full set) for large chunks of WZ comm... and have the blue expertise set back in the game as the set you could buy pre50.

Why did they remove that blue set? I don't get it.

I don't think people would mind the grind so much if they had a solid goal to work towards; even if, in the end, it took longer. It's human nature to want to clearly see what you're working towards and how much progress you've made.

Right now, we get some dailies to do then we log off because there is no other way to progress towards the ultimate goal of BM gear. It's just a poor design decision IMO. Games of chance are fine, but not when you're participating in something inherently competitive.

Edited by Blarpped

The progression through PvP should be a LOT better... incremental stats boosts you can buy with your valor ranks... not whole new tiers of gear only popping on some low % grindfest.

Having said that... the PvP should also actually be fun. Awfulum is awful and the warzone are pretty beat after you've done the 10000th time... which you have to do to get to the top rank to even continue your grindfest.

Bad design all around.

All by a team of people probably making at least 6 figures :D

I hate to say it... but for ease- you can just keep queueing and you'll eventually get your BM bags- or, farm armaments/pvp in Ilum if it actually happens.

HM/Ops are more challenging than pvp queuing.

On the other hand- if they did add ranked pvp for gear... that'd just make matters worse- with those who aren't geared simply never being able to get gear at all.

That said, it isn't a great system- they should have had BM bags give BM commendations- make the items cost alot, and have a chance at getting champ gear- and have Champ bags drops champ comm, same deal- and have a chance at dropping centurian gear.

Then have centurian gear buyable AT 50 (as in, you can't buy it at lower levels and just prefarm a full set) for large chunks of WZ comm... and have the blue expertise set back in the game as the set you could buy pre50.

Why did they remove that blue set? I don't get it.

What the hell are you talking about for this point:

"I hate to say it... but for ease- you can just keep queueing and you'll eventually get your BM bags- or, farm armaments/pvp in Ilum if it actually happens."

Do you mean do 400 warzones to get your daily done? Because you can't get bm's out side the daily / weekly questsion. you can't buy them for commendations.

Yea unfortunately you only get 2 bags a day and those are the rewards from the dailies. So you can't really grind to get them :/ until the weekly's reset, then you have a chance at an extra 2. In total 16 bags a week. I mean hell 16 bags a week that looks like a nice amount. I'd be a fool to not think I'd get 1 maybe 2 from there. So yea just the luck of the dice..

I don't think people would mind the grind so much if they had a solid goal to work towards; even if, in the end, it took longer. It's human nature to want to clearly see what you're working towards and how much progress you've made.

Right now, we get some dailies to do then we log off because there is no other way to progress towards the ultimate goal of BM gear. It's just a poor design decision IMO. Games of chance are fine, but not when you're participating in something inherently competitive.

this is 100% the truth.

i've bene a bm for 3 - 4 weeks now, i have 3 pieces of bm outside implants and earing. Dont give me the 3 days ****. I grinded my *** off to get to bm, then this Gabe ******* makes Ilum easymode where people can afk to battlemaster in a week.

This is me calling you a liar mr. threetofour week battlemaster. If you can do that in such an absurd amount of time (leveling to 50 and , 60 valor in 1-2 weeks) *** is keeping you playing this game other than the fact it takes time to get endgame gear? I think Bioware wins against this whiny troll

I'm valor rank 61, I have had 1 commendation out of 13 bags, I am still using a centurian main hand and head. I really hate the rng system, it is terrible. There is another battlemaster I know that has had 11 commendations from 13 bags, whats with that? Why not just let all gear be bought with a reasonable amount of commendations? (The champion gear is way overpriced, and at battlemaster you should be able to buy battlemaster gear with commendations, not champion ><) You still have to grind to battlemaster to get the best gear, so its not free, and it stops lucky valor rank 12 people getting duel weild purples before people that have truely earned it.

/rant over

If I'll ever hear name "Gabe Amatangelo" or "warhammer pvp team" - I'll avoid that game at all costs. Frustration guaranteed.

Already seen people with "war hero" title and only two-three BM items. 5-7 tokens while gaining 10 levels? Really?

You do know that in a recent interview he "politely" blames the "Higher Ups"? I am not sure who to point the finger at. All I know is that I feel like they are wasting my money.

If 90% of your customers are asking for a change then it would be smart to address their concerns considering it is them that keeps the ball rolling and not the other way around no matter who the "Higher Ups" are.

Edited by PinkSugar