Battlemaster box #6, only champion commendations (3 days of pvp). Sigh.

gormanster

Luck/RNG systems of any kind have no place in an objective based MMORPG and are always a BAD IDEA. I do not want my gear handed to me or be fully epic'ed out in a week or even a month. I do however want a tangible goal, which drives me to play everyday. Not, "oh I hope my 25th bag gives me 1 BM token".

You can line up 100 people and have them grind PvP dailies and weeklys for 1 week, 1 month, 1 year...it doesn't matter. A luck based system will reward some of them in a few days, others a few weeks and the very unlucky will most like say "screw this crap". All 100, everything being equal, put in the same time, had the same skill, etc...but based purely on LUCK, not skill or grind or anything...some got rewarded and others did not.

Now almost immediately after this post I will get..." Oh God, the kiddies whining about not being given their gear...games been out a month". Please try to use 1/10th of your brain and understand what most people posting on these threads are asking for. I'd be OK with a grind of some sort...as long as it's TANGIBLE. Make each piece of BM gear cost 100,000 WZ comms (I exaggerate but you get the idea) or have valor requirements. I would prefer a RATED WZ system that allows 8 people to group and que. Reward SKILL and TEAMWORK with gear...not the same old....log in each day grind for 6 weeks for gear.

Anyway, luck based systems have no place here. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones and so it doesn't feel that bad to you. Maybe your just the opposite and have already cancelled your sub. Maybe you're somewhere in between. That's the whole problem. The thousands of people doing the exact same thing and the only reason some have gear and some don't, is pure luck is just a bad system.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't understand is it didn't need to be this terrible.

1. Valor 1-20 - you can buy Centurion Bags or receive them from the daily/weekly quests. They contain Centurion tokens, but occasionally a large token that can buy a specific piece of centurion gear.

2. Valor 21-40 - you can buy Champion Bags or receive them from the daily/weekly quests. They contain Champion tokens, but occasionally a large token that can buy a specific piece of Champion gear. Champion gear can also be bought for a number of Champion tokens, like Centurion gear.

3. Valor 60+ - you can receive Battlemaster bags from the daily/weekly quests. They contain Battlemaster tokens, but occasionally a large token. 100 Battlemaster tokens can be exchanged for the large token. Large tokens buy the gear same as today.

Wow I just fixed the RNG system. Still a grind and still partially random, but one with an end goal in sight instead of pure random garbage.

I don't understand how they made each bag give guaranteed gear tokens from the PREVIOUS rank. What were they thinking?

Edited by EternalFinality

Luck/RNG systems of any kind have no place in an objective based MMORPG and are always a BAD IDEA. I do not want my gear handed to me or be fully epic'ed out in a week or even a month. I do however want a tangible goal, which drives me to play everyday. Not, "oh I hope my 25th bag gives me 1 BM token".

You can line up 100 people and have them grind PvP dailies and weeklys for 1 week, 1 month, 1 year...it doesn't matter. A luck based system will reward some of them in a few days, others a few weeks and the very unlucky will most like say "screw this crap". All 100, everything being equal, put in the same time, had the same skill, etc...but based purely on LUCK, not skill or grind or anything...some got rewarded and others did not.

Now almost immediately after this post I will get..." Oh God, the kiddies whining about not being given their gear...games been out a month". Please try to use 1/10th of your brain and understand what most people posting on these threads are asking for. I'd be OK with a grind of some sort...as long as it's TANGIBLE. Make each piece of BM gear cost 100,000 WZ comms (I exaggerate but you get the idea) or have valor requirements. I would prefer a RATED WZ system that allows 8 people to group and que. Reward SKILL and TEAMWORK with gear...not the same old....log in each day grind for 6 weeks for gear.

Anyway, luck based systems have no place here. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones and so it doesn't feel that bad to you. Maybe your just the opposite and have already cancelled your sub. Maybe you're somewhere in between. That's the whole problem. The thousands of people doing the exact same thing and the only reason some have gear and some don't, is pure luck is just a bad system.

Yea I agree. Did my dailies today opened 2 more bags got just champion comms. So i'm done for today. I'll log in tomorrow do the same and hope i get a BM comm. I'm not sure how long I'll keep doing this at this rate. I wont give up yet. I'll wait till I'm one of the ones that's opened a couple weeks worth before I make a decision with subing.

What I don't understand is it didn't need to be this terrible.

1. Valor 1-20 - you can buy Centurion Bags or receive them from the daily/weekly quests. They contain Centurion tokens, but occasionally a large token that can buy a specific piece of centurion gear.

2. Valor 21-40 - you can buy Champion Bags or receive them from the daily/weekly quests. They contain Champion tokens, but occasionally a large token that can buy a specific piece of Champion gear. Champion gear can also be bought for a number of Champion tokens, like Centurion gear.

3. Valor 60+ - you can receive Battlemaster bags from the daily/weekly quests. They contain Battlemaster tokens, but occasionally a large token. 100 Battlemaster tokens can be exchanged for the large token. Large tokens buy the gear same as today.

Wow I just fixed the RNG system. Still a grind and still partially random, but one with an end goal in sight instead of pure random garbage.

I don't understand how they made each bag give guaranteed gear tokens from the PREVIOUS rank. What were they thinking?

Your system is still RNG and terrible.

I got 2 pieces of battle master gear in 4 bags before they changed it to commendations, after the change I have gotten 1 commendation. Pretty much 2 days ago I stopped doing the Ilum daily because as Republic the frustration of not getting battle master comms is just not worth the time spent on that daily. (warzone daily isn't that bad for me my guild does premades and win just about every game but still not the point)

I have said this in other posts and will say it again for every bag you open that doesn't give you a battlemaster commendation the percentage of getting one from the next bag needs to increase and then reset to the original percent after getting a commendation. This would keep the you can get lucky in the game that some like but more importantly get rid of the completely F|_|ck you over if you have bad luck because you will at least get one no mater what by your 10th(or whatever percent was picked I just think that the 10th should be 100%) bag opened

edit: I know that this is not an ideal system I get that, however it is something that they could easily implement into the current game to make it better then it is now. A quick fix for a big problem, not a permanent fix just a quick one for the time being.

Edited by sunam

Whoever this so called "pvp" guy is at Bioware, has no idea how to do his job.

Rationally, here's what it boils down to.

Pre-Ilum patch battlemasters, have 2+ sets of FULL champion gear sets (i personally have 8+ of somet items like earrings). Getting boxes with nothing but champion tokens, to which i have absolutely zero use for, is just moronic. I literally log in every day, do my two dailies, then log off -- mind you however, as a repulbic player where my server loses 75-80% of the time, coupled with the god awful bug where wins dont count for daily / weeklies, this takes a few hours.

Why can't we have some sort of conversion rate? 50 champions = 1 token? SOMETHING!?!

I don't know about you, but I don't have any more issues with not getting pvp daily/weekly wz's to count. I noticed that if I leave the queue box checked after a round, I don't get credit for the next round I win. So, I just uncheck the box, queue manually, and have received credit for every wz win over the last 3 days.

the instant gratification that WOW gave to the MMO community, also ruined it. Do you people not remember back to even vanilla wow and that pvp grind which took MONTHS to get top rank. other mmos are far worse on the grinding.

The difference between champion gear and battlemaster gear is 4 rating points. Perhaps you should be more worried about your own personal skill than QQing about a .07% increase in dps and survivability. There is a grind to get gear, it happens, welcome to MMOs.

The difference between champion gear and battlemaster gear is 4 rating points. Perhaps you should be more worried about your own personal skill than QQing about a .07% increase in dps and survivability. There is a grind to get gear, it happens, welcome to MMOs.

The grind is getting to 60. After that there is no grind. You do your dailies and you either get lucky or you don't. Doing your dailies isn't a grind unless you suck and cant win a wz with your team so you have to spend hours just trying to get 3 wins or 30 kills/arm.

I have a good team so i get my stuff done quickly. So all I have to do is open 2 bags and hope i get something so far I haven't. Now if there was a grind to getting something Hell I'd do it, But that's the problem there isn't. It's allll luck.

Oh no, poor kiddies aren't getting instant gratification. 3 whole days. ZOMG. Seriously. Just stop. Considering how many of you got easy mode battlemaster, good thing that the RNG is at least slapping you back into reality.

^^ This.......

please stop QQ...... there is a reason why its stuff is called legendary...and why stuff is called battle master.... THEY ARNT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY TO GET....especially after 3 dayssss dang wow

^^ This.......

please stop QQ...... there is a reason why its stuff is called legendary...and why stuff is called battle master.... THEY ARNT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY TO GET....especially after 3 dayssss dang wow

Okay agreed 3 days aint crap. But what about those that have been BM before 1.1 patch and have hardly anything to show for it, while some New BM's get lucky with there bags and have weapon/belt or any other mix of a couple pieces of gear.

I don't know about you, but I don't have any more issues with not getting pvp daily/weekly wz's to count. I noticed that if I leave the queue box checked after a round, I don't get credit for the next round I win. So, I just uncheck the box, queue manually, and have received credit for every wz win over the last 3 days.

Yep, i found that out the other night as well. Worked for me. good temporary solution

the instant gratification that WOW gave to the MMO community, also ruined it. Do you people not remember back to even vanilla wow and that pvp grind which took MONTHS to get top rank. other mmos are far worse on the grinding.

There also wasn't gear that you required to be at all competitive with the rest of the folks. That "grind" was just a glorified title above your head.

Also, going weeks without any gear advancement at all and asking for something more solid hardly constitutes as "instant gratification."

Most of these rant threads are by people who do nothing BUT PvP and are sick and tired of seeing valor level 30's running around in better gear then they are. I'm almost 60 myself and I STILL don't have 4 pieces of Champ gear and GOBS of duplicates that I can no nothing with because the companions I use don't even share my stats.

THIS IS WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN:

Centurion gear: No Valor requirment, purchasable with Warzone/Merc commend prices

Champion gear: Valor 50 req. Bags from Dailies/Weeklies. Leave prices as is on Champ gear and make the bags only buyable at Valor 50 and only give Champ Commends

BM gear: Valor 60, Only gives BM commends, up the prices. Let players BUY BM BAGS for Warzone/Mercs ORRRRR let them buy BM bags with CHAMPION TOKENS.

Edited by Dreadspectre

Vanilla WoW did not take "months" to get GM/WL. Because you were only playing against people on your server, the key was to play more than everyone else in a short period of time. PvPing everyday for 3 hours would get you GM/WL in...well, never. You'd cap out at a certain rank. You could easily get to tank 11/12 playing ~4-6 hours of PvP a day for about two weeks on my server. Then a two week stretch of 16-8 hour days to jump you ahead of all but the hardest PvPers. Boom, GM/WL attained in a month. Low pop servers probably would've been even easier given the smaller pool of competing 60s.

It's insane, and obviously a terrible system. It was impossible to get the highest rank and be working full time. Any antisocial teenager could pull it off easily during summer break though.

Edited by Soshla

Whoever this so called "pvp" guy is at Bioware, has no idea how to do his job.

Rationally, here's what it boils down to.

Pre-Ilum patch battlemasters, have 2+ sets of FULL champion gear sets (i personally have 8+ of somet items like earrings). Getting boxes with nothing but champion tokens, to which i have absolutely zero use for, is just moronic. I literally log in every day, do my two dailies, then log off -- mind you however, as a repulbic player where my server loses 75-80% of the time, coupled with the god awful bug where wins dont count for daily / weeklies, this takes a few hours.

Why can't we have some sort of conversion rate? 50 champions = 1 token? SOMETHING!?!

6 bags isn't much and I am not sympathizing with you.

I am hating the system though in general. As luck should not determine to such an extent, who gets gear and who doesn't. Everything should have a monetary, static cost. Non of this "wait until the right token drops". At least with the BM tokens, its takes a little big of the rng out.

i got 1 in 20 bags, that being said, i cant really complain too much, i got light saber, off hand, boots, bracer and 2 relics (which i never turned in and got turned into commendations for pants) in the week leadup to the patch.

In my whole time though, i got kinda jipped on the champ bags, i never saw pants or chest in a bag yet 15 relics.

Edited by Adzzy

A simple 'fix' would being able to buy a battlemaster commendation with a certain amount of champion commendations. The champion commendations come over time from battlemaster bags and that gives you your second albeit slow chance to get the gear.