Battlemaster box #6, only champion commendations (3 days of pvp). Sigh.

gormanster

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never PvE'd huh?

Loving this :D

I agree the system is fine :) In wow you can get 1 or 2 pieces of arena gear a week which is on the same level and champion/battlemaster. If people complain that they have PvP'd over a weekend (2days) and only gotten 1 or 2 pieces then boo hoo tbh.

Im used to it taking me atleast 2 months to fully gear up for a new season in wow and in SWToR I can see it taking ALOT less :)

Try killing a boss in HM Flash points for 2 weeks and the boss not dropping what you want, or just getting **** luck and never winning a crystal alloy !!

my biggest problem isnt how fast you get geared, its the lucky sap that gets 8x more bm tokens in the same amount of bags. Why nott make the system a true grind for everyone instead of pissing us off when that lucky guy gets all the gear before you even though they put in less effort.

Some of you are retarded. I think you're missing the entire point of the thread. It's not about working hard for the gear, it's about this stupid *********** RNG system. Someone can pour 100+ hours into grinding for pvp gear can get the same exact crap as someone who logs on to do the dailies. RNG is *********** dumb.

my biggest problem isnt how fast you get geared, its the lucky sap that gets 8x more bm tokens in the same amount of bags. Why nott make the system a true grind for everyone instead of pissing us off when that lucky guy gets all the gear before you even though they put in less effort.

Yea well I got lv50 about 5 days ago and have 5 champion gears. I'm not lucky, I'm annoyed that I've pretty much used up any excuse to grind until I get enough valour to start grinding battlemaster. I hope that that takes sooo much longer than champion gear.

To be frank, I'm fed up of seeing replies to these threads saying people are moaning about wanting easy loot and such.

The issue is not with the speed of which gear is obtained, it's the roll of the dice everytime you open a bag. I've opened 16 bags now and obtained 1 token, fine, I'm not expecting all my gear in week one. But when a friend opens 6 bags and gets 5 tokens, I'm thinking to myself, how is a RNG system remotely fair to players. It was the same pre-60 for me, I am currently rocking 4 pieces of centurion loot due to poor Champ tokens. I laughed when I got to V60, saying I'll end up having to get my champ gear all from BM bags with the Champ token drop, this is now looking more of a reality.

I wouldn't mind having to grind for 1 month to get 1 item of gear - it's at least something steady and you can see the end in sight. This however is a lottery and gives no indication of the amount of PvP someone is doing.

I do like PvP here and I won't quit over this in any way, I play with friends and it's generally good fun - I just worry that when the ranked warzones come all this luck and RNG will give the edge to players who have had good fortune with bags next to the people who are still waiting for drops.

Edited by Jambert

A few of my guildies are also on the verge of quitting due to the random nature of this. Personally I've gotten 66 champ coms now and 4 BM comms. I wonder if they actually realize spending 2-3 hours a day doing dailies for 0 rewards turns people off, sometimes to the point of unsubbing...

It wouldn't be so bad if those champion comms could actually be used for something useful...

My Guildies and I feel the same way. I don't understand the logic of rng for bm bags. Doing dailies and weeklies for no reward but champ comms makes ppl feel like they are wasting their time. I'm not asking for handouts but when you log on and play for numerous hours but gain nothing, they should expect ppl to be turned off. I'm sorry, ppl didn't grind to bm for just "fun". They did it for progression as well. If there is no progression, then it becomes less fun.

Dear Diary,

I just opened my 50th Battlemaster bag and again to my dismay no 2nd battlemaster commendation. After completely stripping the useful mods out to fill my remaining tionese piece for pve I realize that in the end my PvE gear was alot easier to get then my PvP gear. I could have sworn in past MMOs it was quite the opposite except when farming to Grand Marshall in WoW. I guess I will go back to my grind of both of dailies again tomorrow and pray that my 51st and 52nd bag will have something useful other then the commendations needed for a possible piece for Blizz.

My simple request is either:

A: Make it so Battlemaster bags gurantee drop BM tokens. Therefore hey gives us something to farm for but increase the cost of the items to like 5 for gear and possibly 10 for the weapon. Make it a goal not HOLY CRAP hey guys I just hit BM opened 4 bags got 3 commendations and got my weapon. ( Which my friend did. He was BM for 5 mins and got his BM weapon. I near about flipped a table )

OR

B: Make it to where we can purchase BM tokens with Champ tokens. As much as I would like to say this option is possibly the better one. Im pretty sure I will drown in my own tears because I spent all my commendations decking out my companions.

So there are my suggestions and my little QQ story. Please either support me or make the ravaging of my ideas a painless one.

I'm 0 out of the last 25 Champion bags. Are you *********** kidding me? Ontop of that I'm Valor rank 47, and I've opened something like 60 bag and have 3 pieces of Champion gear. My friend that is Valor rank 24 has SEVEN pieces of champion gear.

I'm rank 58 now, opened hundreds of bags and still don't have the full champion set. I've never seen some drops (gloves, wrists), but managed to get like 7 pairs of pants and around 5 relics. It's utter bullcrap. I can't wait to start grinding battlemaster gear with absolutely no guarantee I'll ever get any item except for implants/earpiece whatsoever. It was exactly the same with normal ops. Three sages in a group. One got 6 items. One got 4. I got 1. Next day we're doing it again. One got 7 items. One got 4. I got 1. I only needed a columi saber (I can manage with champion gear, no problems). Two dropped. Guess, who got them? Not me. RNG kills any game. Look @ Aion.

Regards,

Kalantris

As I've stated in previous posts. In Wow it takes you about 2 months maybe more to FULLY gear in the best PvP you can get.

SWToR is just over 1 month old. That means you've had to level from 1 - 50 and figure out how to acquire said PvP pieces. Why do people think its ********TTTT that they have had to use a few weeks grinding gear and aren't at a full set yet ? Come back in about a month and a half and if you still haven't gotten all you champion/battlemaster gear then you can complain.

RNG is RNG don't ***** because people open 13 bags and get all their gear they are just *********** lucky. RNG will balance itself out.

bad system is bad. I already have one companion in full champion gear and gearing another while I only have 1 piece of battlemaster outside implant/ear...does that make ANY SENSE? Herp derp, let's keep doing the worst quest ever in an mmo every day (armaments cause republic don't exist on my server) and run around in circles camping spots with 15 other people cause that's the only way to hope I get loot, but wait, there's no loot...more champion commendations... go companion gear!

just opened 2 more boxes, champion commendations. **** this.

The only things worse than opening a bag and only see commendations, is opening a bag, see something purple, but hey its for a slot you allready got....:rolleyes:

Edited by davidpop

As I've stated in previous posts. In Wow it takes you about 2 months maybe more to FULLY gear in the best PvP you can get.

I dont care if it takes 2 seconds or 2 years to get whatever in WoW, this is not WoW.

Edited by davidpop

Let me guess....

If you were able to max your gear in a couple of days then you would be crying about how there is no end game content and you have all there is to have. You are the R tards that rushed to the end of a brand new MMO as soon as you could and now that you have to work for something you are going to quit like little crybabies. Serves you right. Just because you can't power through the PVP gear like you did 1-50 doesn't mean the game is broken or needs to be changed. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't MMO's supposed to be time consuming and you have to put in time and effort for stuff?

I'm not a hardcore gamer and even I know from past MMO's that rushing to the end as soon as possible only leads in tears and talk about leaving for another game. But keep going...it's still entertaining and always good for a laugh.

Whoever this so called "pvp" guy is at Bioware, has no idea how to do his job.

Rationally, here's what it boils down to.

Pre-Ilum patch battlemasters, have 2+ sets of FULL champion gear sets (i personally have 8+ of somet items like earrings). Getting boxes with nothing but champion tokens, to which i have absolutely zero use for, is just moronic. I literally log in every day, do my two dailies, then log off -- mind you however, as a repulbic player where my server loses 75-80% of the time, coupled with the god awful bug where wins dont count for daily / weeklies, this takes a few hours.

Why can't we have some sort of conversion rate? 50 champions = 1 token? SOMETHING!?!

Oh noes... 3 WHOLE DAYS and your not geared to the teeth?? dang... what were these dev's thinking?!?!?!? :eek:

If I'll ever hear name "Gabe Amatangelo" or "warhammer pvp team" - I'll avoid that game at all costs. Frustration guaranteed.

Already seen people with "war hero" title and only two-three BM items. 5-7 tokens while gaining 10 levels? Really?

I am battlemaster and i have only 2 items of champ! great systme scrubware

I can see a bit of reasoning behind this system, but it's bad decision for a bad problem

BW clearly didn't want to make the gear progressions a pure time sink as they wanted to somehow normalize the chances for ppl with a lot of free time and those with less free time.

If getting the gear was a pure linear function of time spent, there would be a massive cry from ppl who play this more casually and we would see all those threads around, and with a reason, they would be right and BW don't want to alienate the more casual players, as they are the biggest portion of players actually.

Sadly the implementation is bad. Lazy and uncreative. Instead of inventing something creative they added more frustration for many ppl.

I am battlemaster and i have only 2 items of champ! great systme scrubware

Maybe all of you crybabies could all start your own company and make the best MMO ever since you all seem to have all the answers.

My vision of what it would be....

level 1-100 in one day with full end game epics and everyone playing the OP class saying "***?"

They need to add the warzone system to Illum where you gain medals for doing certain things which are translated into X amount of coms. Why they dont do this i have no idea, I really couldnt give a crp what valor rank i am at the moment.

This would mean there wouldnt be as big an emphasis on winning, which i think takes alot of the fun out of PVP. I dont mind dying in PVP but I have to win as i need those dailys/weeklys done which just leads to frustration when you lose 10 times in a row due to whatever reason.