A Universe At War - Ilum/Open World Redesign

Aneu

To see the entire post with graphics please follow this link

If you support this idea please let Bioware know by telling them you would resubscribe continually for this type of game-play. Keeping current subscribers is one of the most important things for MMO companies, turning unsubs into subs is very costly however keeping current clients is easier.

By submitting this through the forums I fully understand and agree that my submission and all its contents will automatically become property of Bioware without compensation to me other than retaining my name on the document; Bioware may use or redistribute the submission and its contents for any purpose and in any way; there is no obligation for Bioware to review the submission.[/size]

I would love to see something like that in game. Need more PVP options than common wz that exist on every mmo.

But im pretty much sure BW will toss that into trashcan and add arenas soon....or anything else that exists allready in wow.

Edited by unicornfive

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who needs pvp we have an uber re rolling tool on the way lets all make 20 alts that will also have nothing to do at endgame....

The link for the graphics part of this doesnt work either that entire kinship went back to wow it looks like

I never was interested in gw2 but after the amount of lies and pve rp garbage theyre rolling out i will be giving it a try. It may be worse then this but heres what i know theyre showing tons of pvp open world footage and saying very little where as bioware is saying trust us and we have the best pvp team and all these lies lol.

I dont think gabe is capable of delivering what we want. Hes very confused and inconsistent doesnt seem to be making his mind up any year soon. One things for sure by the time they get off thier butts to actually commit to something there wont be much pvp'rs left except for warzone lemmings

Why open world pvp is considered a side item compared to this garbage legacy crap is beyond me. Does anyone seriously need more alts? *** do think we been doing all this time? lol

This is a great idea... thank you Aneu for taking the time to put it together. Open world PvP with progressive objectives would be great. They would need to reset periodically (weekly?) to allow a side that has gotten beaten down a chance to start over. A map in fleet showing the progress during the week would be fun to see and maybe encourage others to join. This would also fit well in the over-arching story of war.

Nocta Vae / Nylus Vae of Vrook Lamar

Amazing ideas... its exactly the scale of pvp that is needed and that other games.dont have

Dark Age of Camelot has epic large and smallman battles in Open World (attacking castles with 200vs 150 defenders inside and on the walls shooting/casting down while Tanks ram the castle gates)

So yes this scale PvP already does exist, the issue is DAoC is 10years old now and down to 5000 hardcore pvpers.......Guild Wars 2 will have epic large scale PvP also as they have copied ALOT from DAoC.

Point is that epic pvp already exists, its up to the SWtoR developers too do whatever it takes too get functional latge and smallman open world pvp happenning en masse in this game

I support this idea, I would love planet wide pvp, with various pvp planets to take and hold. In my view I would love to see something like Stwor meets empire at war!!

I know myself and alot of my friends would play this for a very very long time.

• 2 months later...
I support this idea, I would love planet wide pvp, with various pvp planets to take and hold. In my view I would love to see something like Stwor meets empire at war!!

I know myself and alot of my friends would play this for a very very long time.

Not that they'll ever do it but I think TOR would keep players engaged for a very long time if they did something like this. It saddens me to see the time the devs wasted on useless fluff since launch while world pvp has been absolutely neglected.

• 1 month later...
Excellent idea, im new to the game, been a fan of star wars all my life, and I would hate to see the community slender down as I am just starting to play. PVP may be repetitive, in a sense, but the social interaction that comes along with makes it feel like a new experience everytime, no single player quest can match that. Full support for this idea, and im glad I could bump this post a month later, just to keep it at the top, so consider it my /sign.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.