The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How old are you? how many hours you play?

grekka

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

comments on older ppl playing video games. WHO MAKE GAMES? older ppl, who test them? older ppl. lol funny how younger ppl always says im too old to play video games. YOURE NEVER TOO OLD TO PLAY video games. im 27 btw and i get called old.. yea crazy

Ha ha. I've had some pretty funny comments over the years from the 'youngins' who are surprised and shocked that not only does an 'old'(39) person play games but an old person who is female!! Then apparently it's even more shocking that I can actually be good and know how to play.

Best reaction yet was in one game where I had been grouping with people for quests and whatnot for several days. I was on an alt so and several were newer so I spent a bunch of time explaining things and talking about a lot of technical details of different classes an abilities.

On got access to a vent channel so we all got on. I said 'hey guys'.

One guys sounding weirded out, "Uh who is this"

Me: "It's (my character name)"

Then vent blew up..."You're a girl?" "***?" "You're kidding right?" etc etc.

It was so hilarious that I took my headphones off and put it on speaker so my husband could hear. He's not a gamer at all but he sure was entertained. I told him to hold on and I was really going to blow their minds. I worked my age AND marital status into the conversation.

Lots of hilarity followed after that.

Ah youngins these days.....;)

I'm 26 (in 5 days!).

I play SWtOR 3-8 hours everyday, often more on weekends. It really depends on which kind of mood I'm in though. Sometimes I just fire up some single-player FPS game instead, especially when I'd rather be alone, but still need my daily dose of gaming. :jawa_wink:

Bolded part is not something to laugh or be proud of. Kind of pathetic, really.

To answer your question though:

I am 25.

I only play on weekends and when I do it is in the evening hours for anywhere from 2-4 hours. This may only be on Friday or Saturday. If we have nothing going on during the weekend then it could be for both. I have other priorities though and work as well as my fiance trumps playing a video game during the week.

Get off it. Sooner or later you realize that not doing the things you love because it offends someone else is beyond stupid.

If your fiance is not letting you do something you love (within reason) then that falls into the category of "a her problem".

play an average of 2 hours before work (on work days) if I work morning/afternoon I can get 3 hours in at night

on my days off I average 3-7 hours per day

so I guess for a weekly total... hmmm I would say about 25-30 hours a week (ok that's scary now that I've written it lol!!)

Get off it. Sooner or later you realize that not doing the things you love because it offends someone else is beyond stupid.

If your fiance is not letting you do something you love (within reason) then that falls into the category of "a her problem".

To be fair, maybe he has fun playing games, but just not as much fun as he does spending time with his significant other, so its just something to fill in. Just as watching movies is something I do if I have no game to play right now =P.

In my case, games are something i enjoy far too much, so i made sure to marry a girl who's a hardcore gamer (And not the "i play 2 hours a week of farmsville and The Sims" kind of gamer girl =P).

I didn't know 38 year olds played video games.

Trolling, yes/no?

Regardless, as of 2010 the average age of a video gamer is 34. (source: http://www.esrb.org/about/video-game-industry-statistics.jsp)

I'm 34 and my husband is 32. We both game. I can't say how much I average during the weekdays as I am in college right now and get on when I have spare time. On the weekends, I think I average about 12 hours. Some of those hours are spent soloing, some are spent questing with my husband.

Anywhere between 10-40 hours/week (usually closer to the "10" than the "40," especially lately), depending on other things going on.

I've always been an obsessive gamer, but when I got married I promised myself my wife would never have to question what was more important. However, she and I are both hermits and she likes to read and watches a lot of TV shows I can't stand. As a result, there's a lot of time I spend gaming where she's doing her own thing and I'm gaming because I'd rather not watch TV.

Of course, any time where either of us is actually in the mood to go out and do something together, that comes first.

Pretty shocked most of the replies are in their 20s-40s, unless everyone is trolling. After lurking the forums and seeing the most obnoxious conversations in general chat, I assumed the general consensus would be in their teens-mid 30s.

22, about 3 hours a day and 4 on weekends. Roughly 20-25 hours a day.

I feel as I get older, it's becoming more and more tough to play MMO's. I've played for almost a month and my highest level character is only level 30, and I feel burnt out just thinking about the endgame :/

No offense intended to the younger crowd (as I've known quite a few guildmates in their teens that were perfectly well behaved), but I wonder how much of that is due to the subject matter of this thread and the tendency of the younger generation to be a bit less patient and more prone to whining, complaining, and talking smack. Since none of that was referenced in the title and since forums tend to favor people who have the patience to actually read, maybe that's why you're not seeing the QQ.

I'm 26, I work full-time and am studying to become a Yoga instructor so I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment. I only play 1-2 hours max every couple of days during the week and sometimes I have time to play on Sundays, but mostly my weekends are totally blocked out. I don't mind so much though - the time in between makes me love playing all the more.